[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

On 12.9.2017 at 7:52 PM, CaiusIuliusCaesar said:

Dear Roverdude, dear community,

I am really enjoying the mod, I have it running together with Life support and a couple of other mods. I am running the last version before the 1.3 update, sine my game is still on 1.2.2.

My question is: In this version of MKS, was the Duna colonization module bugged? Because even if I have colony supplies and start the module, neither the home time, not the habitation time gets increased or frozen. I tried it on the surface of Iota (GPP mod) and in orbit. Nothing, nada, nichts. Am I missing something? Cause this pretty much means I cannot kolonize....

For everyone interested, I figured it out. In order to freeze your hab and hone time, all of your kerbals have to be in colonization modules, even those that are immune (e.g. pilots). This renders it impossible to have e.g. the scientist in the colonization module while the pilot does something else. Much better to just stack hab time till you hit 50 years.

8 hours ago, Sebastiaz said:

I know this seems a bit of a silly question, but, I'm missing a part from the mod which I really wanna know where it is, since after tons of looking, I can't seem to be finding it. The part is that Orion looking part on the second picture of the mod picture, any idea what option it is in? As I've checked in the pods menu, not there. I also seem to be getting limited parts when I type in "UmbraSpaceIndustries".

If you're really struggling with finding parts in the tech tree, try the mod QuickSearch by Malah.

7 hours ago, IuliusCaesar said:

For everyone interested, I figured it out. In order to freeze your hab and hone time, all of your kerbals have to be in colonization modules, even those that are immune (e.g. pilots). This renders it impossible to have e.g. the scientist in the colonization module while the pilot does something else. Much better to just stack hab time till you hit 50 years.

That sounds like a bug - log a github issue please.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, gamerscircle said:

Hey all -
I think I discovered a bug that might be been introduced in the latest MKS update?  At first, I thought it was a mod conflict with my new KSP career, but I went back to a previous installation and have 2 separate bases setup that got the whole logistics working and was/is self sustaining.

Now, i am by far no expert when it comes to MKS or anything.  I play the game, get an understanding of the mod and have fun. :)

On a drill, there is something called, [Resource Name] rate:  

When I first setup a drill, activate it everything runs fine!  No issues, ore gets dug up, it goes into the container and the MPU pushes it based on the logistics.  Sound okay so far.. right?  What is the problem?

When I swap away [leave psychics range ] and come back.  The rate is n/a .  If I stop and start them, the rate amount appears again.. but if I swap away and then back.  The rate returns to n/a.

https://imgur.com/Oh1XfDC

I have this problem with a stock ORE and Gypsum drill.

As I stated above, a prior career , I didn't have this problem , but after the MKS update.  That is when I noticed it on this new career and when I want back to the previous [older career with the same updated MKS] the problem is there as well.

Let me know if there is anything else you need to help.

I see that in a GPP, non-MKS save that I'm playing now.  I think it's a stock display bug. The drills were producing the correct amount, even though the drill display was wonky.  I verified it with the resource window.

Edit: sorry if this was answered....weird screen refresh made it look like a recent question

Edited by Gilph

On 8/31/2017 at 10:25 PM, Brigadier said:

People can't figure out what might be glaring without seeing what you're seeing.:wink:  You didn't really supply enough info for someone to help other than shotgunning a bunch of idea.  Your helping to narrow the issue down is important.

Excellent, although I'm sorry it took you so long.  Perhaps passing on your discovery will help others - what do you end up doing?

Im....not really sure any more....iv had so many other projects i had to take care of starting with a Komet coming almost directly at KSP I....may have forgotten.

It seems that this mod doesn't works for me and the problem is from the folders that starts with "000". It crashes whenever I play the game with those files in the game data folder. I use a Windows PC with Win 10 and I have over 10 mods. (I also can't use B9 Aerospace mod)

Is there a solution? Please let me know if you need to look at the crash logs or something... Also which mods aren't compatible with this mod?

Thanks

14 hours ago, HarukiHirosan said:

It seems that this mod doesn't works for me and the problem is from the folders that starts with "000". It crashes whenever I play the game with those files in the game data folder. I use a Windows PC with Win 10 and I have over 10 mods. (I also can't use B9 Aerospace mod)

Is there a solution? Please let me know if you need to look at the crash logs or something... Also which mods aren't compatible with this mod?

Thanks

Which version of KSP and MKS are you using?  How did you install your MKS mod (CKAN or manually)?

It would be highly useful to those trying to help if you posted links to a) your output_log.txt file and b) a picture of your GameData folder.  I suggest you read this topic for future reference.

1 hour ago, ebigunso said:

Is there any version of this that works with 1.2.2? Does the 1.1 version work?

You can get the final 1.2 versions of all USI mods here. Note that to make that version of MKS work you have to make a new folder 'UI' in Assets and copy all the icon textures from the main folder into it. The final 1.1 version of MKS can be found here.

I'm having problems with power distribution, it's not keeping up with the power usage on my drilling platforms, so the drills shut down after about a minute of running. Each time the power transfers, it gets slightly less than it's used since last transfer. I'm using 4x medium drills, it uses about 280ec/s. Is there just a limit to how much power the distributors can handle?

sBlisZk.png

3 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I'm having problems with power distribution, it's not keeping up with the power usage on my drilling platforms, so the drills shut down after about a minute of running. Each time the power transfers, it gets slightly less than it's used since last transfer. I'm using 4x medium drills, it uses about 280ec/s. Is there just a limit to how much power the distributors can handle?

I don't believe there is a limit. How much are you producing and how much is your storage capacity on the producing base?

Is there a way to increase the interaction range when a Kerbal is on EVA?  I would like to repaint the 15M Kontainers after launch.  I sent an LH2 powered ship to collect solar K2. I was hoping to repaint the empty LH2 tanks, but I can't get the Kerbal close enough to the center of the tank for the repaint option to be available in the pop up window.  I believe the default range is 3m and with a 15m sphere there is no way to get within 3m of the center.

6 minutes ago, dshriver said:

Is there a way to increase the interaction range when a Kerbal is on EVA?  I would like to repaint the 15M Kontainers after launch.  I sent an LH2 powered ship to collect solar K2. I was hoping to repaint the empty LH2 tanks, but I can't get the Kerbal close enough to the center of the tank for the repaint option to be available in the pop up window.  I believe the default range is 3m and with a 15m sphere there is no way to get within 3m of the center.

This. Also applies to 5m KIS kontainers, its really hard to access their inventory. 

3 hours ago, voicey99 said:

You can get the final 1.2 versions of all USI mods here. Note that to make that version of MKS work you have to make a new folder 'UI' in Assets and copy all the icon textures from the main folder into it. The final 1.1 version of MKS can be found here.

Thanks! I got just what I needed.

Now, it seems there was quite a big overhaul to UKS while I was away (v0.40.4 was the last one I was using) and I have to fix most of my configs tailored for RO. I have a few questions regarding that.

Since there was a big change to part names, I can't tell what new part corresponds to what old part, which one of the old parts have been deprecated, and which one have just changed it's name.

If anyone can give me a list on this, I'd be very grateful.

31 minutes ago, ebigunso said:

Thanks! I got just what I needed.

Now, it seems there was quite a big overhaul to UKS while I was away (v0.40.4 was the last one I was using) and I have to fix most of my configs tailored for RO. I have a few questions regarding that.

Since there was a big change to part names, I can't tell what new part corresponds to what old part, which one of the old parts have been deprecated, and which one have just changed it's name.

If anyone can give me a list on this, I'd be very grateful.

Literally nothing is the same any more, and all the old partlines have been totally swept away and replaced. Most parts don't have an analogue, though a few survived unchanged.

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

Literally nothing is the same any more, and all the old partlines have been totally swept away and replaced. Most parts don't have an analogue, though a few survived unchanged.

Hmm, so if I don't find a corresponding counterpart of the old parts in the new install, I should assume it's gone for good?

If there's any part that survived, but doesn't have the same or a similar name to what it had before, I'd like to know.

1 hour ago, dshriver said:

It's hard coded in the FireSpitter plugin code. You can get around it by hand editing craft files before launch or the persistent/quicksave files after launch but it's tedious to do often.

1 hour ago, sh1pman said:

This. Also applies to 5m KIS kontainers, its really hard to access their inventory. 

The KIS interaction limit is modable by a MM patch. Example:

@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]
{
	@EvaPickup
	{
		@maxDistance = 20
	}
}