[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

37 minutes ago, apoch1999 said:

if i take it out and leave the other 2 in it crashes, if i take all 3 out it loads

So you don't have a toolbar problem then.  You have a more fundamental problem going on.  The 000_AT_Utils and 000_USITools folders are necessary for MKS to function and if you crash with those two folders you have some sort fundamental problem going on.

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)  Can be a memory issue, or an outdated mod issue.  Can you run with only MKS loaded?  How many mods are you running?

4 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

So you don't have a toolbar problem then.  You have a more fundamental problem going on.  The 000_AT_Utils and 000_USITools folders are necessary for MKS to function and if you crash with those two folders you have some sort fundamental problem going on.

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)  Can be a memory issue, or an outdated mod issue.  Can you run with only MKS loaded?  How many mods are you running?

so..i guess its a problem with some other mod that alters the USItools folder in some way or some other download..i tried JUST the MKS OKS mod and it didnt work..then i remembered i updated those files with some other one so i reextracted them straight from the ZIP and it worked.. then i updated to modmanager 3.0.1 and deleted all the modmanager files and let them repopulate and added in all my mods and it seems im in 

It appears the Kolonist cost settings are not working.  Hiring new Kerbal Biologists / Miners / Technicians etc. cost the same amount as Pilots.  Made sure I was fully updated through CKAN and checked if the alternate Kolonist cost was enabled in the difficulty settings, yet they all still cost 50k. 

Is this a known issue?  Any workarounds besides cheating to get the funds back?

Thanks in advance

On 31/12/2017 at 9:42 PM, RoverDude said:

So a quick update :)  Textures are done on the new Atlas harvester - switched from yellow to a more neutral gray.

Wdqd5jP.png

Also - ran the config numbers.  The large harvester, at 133 tons, has a dirt harvesting efficiency of over 4,000 (about equivalent to 25 industrial strip miners, or over 130 of the normal MKS drills).  The large refineries (20m and 10m varieties will be provided) will be able to take dirt directly to refined products (Metals, Chemicals, Polymers, etc.) which will help further reduce part count.  

Ansiously waiting for this new release!

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, voicey99 said:

The general KSP discord server.

The Karbonite landing legs are in Utility. Look again there.

NOPE... NOTE THERE!

Went through the Utility menu dozens of times and clicked every single item...

Definitely not there.

Even tried to reorganize the Utility menu by size/type/Alphabetical order ets...

I'm telling you they do not show up whatsoever!

Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue!

Hi everybody =)

I've at the stage in my career game wherein I have a small ore-to-LFO operation on the Mun that supplies fuel to landed ships. Have a couple of drone fuel carriers/tankers that does the delivery (using Bonvoyage =D ). Think it would be easier for me if I take advantage of the planetary logistics, but am not sure which part can have this function. By the way, I don't have long term habitation yet =D ="> and that I complete the tech tree nodes per column... if that's the right term for it =P =">

Regards and thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, ErevanGaming said:

Hi everybody =)

I've at the stage in my career game wherein I have a small ore-to-LFO operation on the Mun that supplies fuel to landed ships. Have a couple of drone fuel carriers/tankers that does the delivery (using Bonvoyage =D ). Think it would be easier for me if I take advantage of the planetary logistics, but am not sure which part can have this function. By the way, I don't have long term habitation yet =D ="> and that I complete the tech tree nodes per column... if that's the right term for it =P =">

Regards and thanks in advance!

To use planetary logistics you need:

Supply facility: a USI storage module for the resource you want to share(Probably LFO, look for the 'enable planetary logistics' button which will need to be enabled) + Logistics enabled module(Duna Logistics module, Tundra pioneer+logistics module, or any of the unmanned refining modules)

Delivery vehicle: A Duna or Tundra logistics module, a USI storage module(look for the planetary logistics button, which will need to be enabled), a pilot or quartermaster(which may be on the visiting ship if you connect with a klaw/docking port/flexi-tube/etc. getting within 150 meters may be sufficient)

Then visit your supply facility every now and again to do the catch-up processing and dump the excess LFO into the planetary stores and you should be able to just transfer from you planetary logistics enabled LFO container to the fuel tanks of the vessel(using either tank to tank pumping or local logistics)

9 hours ago, Terwin said:

To use planetary logistics you need:

Supply facility: a USI storage module for the resource you want to share(Probably LFO, look for the 'enable planetary logistics' button which will need to be enabled) + Logistics enabled module(Duna Logistics module, Tundra pioneer+logistics module, or any of the unmanned refining modules)

Delivery vehicle: A Duna or Tundra logistics module, a USI storage module(look for the planetary logistics button, which will need to be enabled), a pilot or quartermaster(which may be on the visiting ship if you connect with a klaw/docking port/flexi-tube/etc. getting within 150 meters may be sufficient)

Then visit your supply facility every now and again to do the catch-up processing and dump the excess LFO into the planetary stores and you should be able to just transfer from you planetary logistics enabled LFO container to the fuel tanks of the vessel(using either tank to tank pumping or local logistics)

Hi Terwin,

Both vessels/bases should have their own logistics module right, not just one of them; so that they can "transfer" beyond the 2.3KM range? Had Karibou command part on two of my bases and thought it should work =D =">

Regards and thanks again! =)

Uninstalled and reinstalled all the Roverdude and USI mods in CKAN and finally got the landing legs to appear.

Could my issue have been the order in which the USI mods are installed via CKAN?  Should they be installed in a particular order with Firesplitter and module manager for instance?

Edited by Kilo60

@RoverDude Have you considered expanding upon the current warehouse/logistics system to use a more pseudo supply chain where a vessel created/saved by the player would be selected for moving cargo? Allowing things like time for loading/unloading and travel would be based on vessel capacities, mass, thrust, fuel, etc; also would allow for contracts to spawn a broken-down supply vessel between baseA and baseB should it "run out of fuel" or "break down / damaged wheels". The refueling for the vessel could also be removed from a base for each trip.

Edited by Electrocutor

8 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@RoverDude Have you considered expanding upon the current warehouse/logistics system to use a more pseudo supply chain where a vessel created/saved by the player would be selected for moving cargo? Allowing things like time for loading/unloading and travel would be based on vessel capacities, mass, thrust, fuel, etc; also would allow for contracts to spawn a broken-down supply vessel between baseA and baseB should it "run out of fuel" or "break down / damaged wheels". The refueling for the vessel could also be removed from a base for each trip.

You're getting this in the next release (or rather, something fairly close) as OrbLog is making a comeback with some tweaks

Any specific reason why ExoticMinerals and RareMetals don't have their own separate storage options in the kontainers? And if there is a reason, any chance I could get a small MM patch to add it anyway?

Edited by Crimor

1 hour ago, Crimor said:

Any specific reason why ExoticMinerals and RareMetals don't have their own separate storage options in the kontainers? And if there is a reason, any chance I could get a small MM patch to add it anyway?

Because you need both of them for Refined Exotics. Combinations of materials in kontainers usually depends on production chains.

2 minutes ago, maja said:

Because you need both of them for Refined Exotics. Combinations of materials in kontainers usually depends on production chains.

I mean that doesn't mean it'd be a bad idea to have them also as a separate option for transport, like what kontainers are meant for.

I'm trying to reach an understanding behind the general logic of efficiency parts. I get the basic idea, lower tier parts assisting in the production rate of higher tier, I'm wondering about generally how much of an advantage it gives you over having them work independently. Is the point to just consolidate your lower tier production at a 1:1 ratio, or is there a point where adding efficiency parts becomes more advantageous than simply adding more production? AKA, if I ship a Industrial Refinery would it be a waste not to tack on a couple Smelt-o-matics to boost efficiency? Should I be looking to add efficiency parts before adding more Refineries?

Once I understand that I can wrap my head around the math much easier.

Edited by Tybot

Basically, power requirements. Two Industrial refineries- or two lines in one refinery- would take 63.44 EC to produce 0.0122 Metals. One line plus a Smelt-o-Matic takes 35.87 EC to produce 0.011163 Metals.

Oh, and the efficiency boost applies to ALL lines, too, so that same smelt-o-matic can also boost your Polymers, Chemicals, Silicon & RefinedExotics production at the same time for no increase in EC needs, so you end up with even greater efficiencies.

Or, to sum up, adding extra Industrial Refineries just boosts how many times you can run the conversion simultaneously. Efficiency parts allow you to make each conversion produce more product per EC.

Edited by sstabeler

As far as I am aware, Efficiency settings are to keep your earlier game parts still relevant once they have been superseded.

The calculation is based on the mass of the part, so if you have 5t of refining capacity set to smelter(ie efficiency) and your only other refinery has a mass of 5t, you should double your production, but if you have 3 5t refineries, then that same 5t of efficiency parts will only net you an extra 1/3 for each refinery(aka 5t of efficiency parts / 15t of refinery parts for 33% boost for each refinery part.

Note: smaller/early refinery parts can only do basic refining(metals, polymers, minerals, fertilizer), so setting them to efficiency lets them help with things like Silicon and refined exotics.

I was told that machinery usage for efficiency parts is adjusted to make them act like just a % increase to the larger parts, but I never bothered to look at electricity usage differences(I like to have enough of a safety margin in generation that I don't track exact usage very closely)

I haven't used this mod before and have been trying to assemble a small base on Minmus to work things out (how to make it work ). I landed the Pioneer module and then more Kerbals and more components. Not a big base but enough to figure out how this works.

Ok first problem is that the Pioneer module behaves like a lightweight bouncy castle. If I drop something on the ground in the wrong place it will jump into the air a hundred meters or so and surprisingly land without kerploding. I saw mention of this but no fix or cause from posts a year or so old. Does anyone know how to fix or fix it to the ground lol? I managed to attached a larger hab unit and a greenhouse as well as a power unit once but Bozo struck again regardless and up it went lol. I tried setting the ground tethers but had the same result.

I see pictures of bases many times what I am trying to do. Wondering if the builder experienced this or managed to fix it on their install.  Can anyone say if this is a mod conflict or a bad setting or if this is a known bug ?