[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

7 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Related to this mod (specifically, when scouting for bases), is there another mod that projects the biome map from the cheat menu into the flight scene?

ScanSat would be what you are looking for. It provide planetary/moon overlay for all resources as well as altimetry and biomes in tracking station. You just have to scan the body first with dedicated parts.

Not sure if it's available during flight.

7 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Related to this mod (specifically, when scouting for bases), is there another mod that projects the biome map from the cheat menu into the flight scene?

It appears inflight anyway, but only when the camera is a certain distance away from the body. Just zoom out really far.

I'm back with more questions.

Is it at all possible have a PDU plus drilling gear and converters and have everything working at once? No matter how many radiators I spawn, the PDU always overheat

The Tundra Mobile Workshop reports "Material Kits: 20.45% load". What produces that value and how can I increase it?

17 minutes ago, Gurki said:

@juanml82 which kind of radiator are you using ? Some of them (mostly radials) only work on parents and grand parents parts as some other (like extendable) work on the entire vessel (it's a stock functionality).

The stock extendable ones. Here's a screenshot

https://i.imgur.com/4n4jicG.png

27 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

The Tundra Mobile Workshop reports "Material Kits: 20.45% load". What produces that value and how can I increase it?

Calculations are detailed here. They're also capped by the raw material input. Install MKS Explainer to get a live breakdown of where your load % is coming from.

5 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

The stock extendable ones.

They really don't play nice with MKS drills, which have a huge cooling cap to give them the headroom they need for load increases. The drills seem to suck up all the cooling and take priority, depriving everything else of cooling. Either use the MKS Thermal Control System (which is designed for situations like this) or use radiator panels on non-drill parts that need cooling, since they can only cool the parent part and any parts attached to that, so as long as a drill isn't attached to the part it is attached to it will reserve its cooling for all the parts within its "reach".

23 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Calculations are detailed here. They're also capped by the raw material input. Install MKS Explainer to get a live breakdown of where your load % is coming from.

They really don't play nice with MKS drills, which have a huge cooling cap to give them the headroom they need for load increases. The drills seem to suck up all the cooling and take priority, depriving everything else of cooling. Either use the MKS Thermal Control System (which is designed for situations like this) or use radiator panels on non-drill parts that need cooling, since they can only cool the parent part and any parts attached to that, so as long as a drill isn't attached to the part it is attached to it will reserve its cooling for all the parts within its "reach".

The caps have changed - are you on 1.4.x?

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

The caps have changed - are you on 1.4.x?

I'm not. What's different now? If the problem has been fixed in 1.4 and they are experiencing it, I would assume they are still on 1.3.

2 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

I'm not. What's different now? If the problem has been fixed in 1.4 and they are experiencing it, I would assume they are still on 1.3.

Yeah the caps have changed in the configs for 1.4.x (along with some stock changes).

CKAN doesn't seem to want to download the USI mods at the moment, says "access denied". Anyone else encountering this? Will download the constellation and feed it to CKAN that way if nobody can help.

EDIT: CKAN troubleshooting page says 403s from Github may be due to a "limit of downloads" so I'll try again later

E2: Worked now!

Edited by TDplay

53 minutes ago, Skystorm said:

Is there a way to change the drill's (MEU-100), active separator to a different resource in the field, and if so, what is required to do so?  I have 5-start engineers and scientists on site.

Yep, EVA engineer

8 hours ago, Skystorm said:

Ahh.  Didn't realize I needed to be outside.  Thanks.

Just to fill you in, an EVA engineer can reconfigure most modules with some MKs and EC (if the module needs it), and if you 'repaint' a Kontainer or the ranger inflatable warehouse thing it changes what it stores (kontainers store resources, inflatable stores a resource and the resources to make it).

@RoverDude can we have a 'Make Transfer Credits' option for the inflatable that stores LFO and MKs to make TCs?

Also I think it'd be cool to add Dirt as an oceanic resource to be extracted by a Filtered Oceanic Pump, which would have 2 extractors on it, water and dirt, to allow for self-sustaining seabases.

Edited by TDplay

On 3/29/2018 at 7:22 PM, TDplay said:

in GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS\Parts, there are files called MKS_Drill_ and then either 01, 01A, 02, 02A, 03 or 03A, each corresponds to an MEU drill ingame (01 = 100, 01A = 100A, 02 = 500, 02A = 500A, 03 = Industrial Strip Miner, 03A = Automated Industrial Strip Miner. Go into each that won't appear ingame and add // in front of the lines from "MODEL" to the next "}" (NOT the "{" on the very next line) and that will change it to the stock one. Or write an MM patch for that drill (start it with @PART[MKS_Drill_(number for the drill you want, 01, 01A etc)]) containing "!MODEL".

Thanks very much, all is sorted and working now. :D

For some reason the Kolony dashboard icon is missing from my game. Any ideas?

On 3/18/2018 at 8:05 PM, RoverDude said:
On 3/17/2018 at 11:22 PM, AtilaElari said:

Either it's a bug or I'm missing something: I deploy the Material Processing Unit (on the launchpad for now), right-click on it and I see all the conversion options. But then 5 seconds later they all disappear, leaving only the option for LFO. What's going on?

Sorted in a later release, I assume you are on 1.3.1?

I am observing something similar. Testing on the launchpad with any of the three Material Processing Units. I cannot change their conversion type in the VAB so stuck with default. Every time click next/previous/install buttons nothing happens. And on the launchpad I deploy the Material Processing Unit and I just get a message that I am missing Ore for LFO conversion (I don't want to convert to LFO :(  ), since I dont think I ever correctly reconfigured the MPU for a non-default conversion.

Yes I am on 1.3.1, since they recently removed 1.3.0. Is there a simple fix? Many of my mods that I run are not 1.4.x compatible...

Hi. I tried what the post below suggested.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, TDplay said:

in GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS\Parts, there are files called MKS_Drill_ and then either 01, 01A, 02, 02A, 03 or 03A, each corresponds to an MEU drill ingame (01 = 100, 01A = 100A, 02 = 500, 02A = 500A, 03 = Industrial Strip Miner, 03A = Automated Industrial Strip Miner. Go into each that won't appear ingame and add // in front of the lines from "MODEL" to the next "}" (NOT the "{" on the very next line) and that will change it to the stock one. Or write an MM patch for that drill (start it with @PART[MKS_Drill_(number for the drill you want, 01, 01A etc)]) containing "!MODEL".

but missing drills still don't appear. so think I am doing something wrong. below is what I did. please can someone let me know if I did it right or wrong.

thanks.

MODEL
 {
 //   model = Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialDrill/TriBitDrill
 //   texture = TriBitDrill, UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/TriBitDrill_YL
 //   scale = 2,2,2
 }

2 minutes ago, Bionic bulldog said:

Hi. I tried what the post below suggested.

but missing drills still don't appear. so think I am doing something wrong. below is what I did. please can someone let me know if I did it right or wrong.

thanks.

MODEL
 {
 //   model = Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialDrill/TriBitDrill
 //   texture = TriBitDrill, UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/TriBitDrill_YL
 //   scale = 2,2,2
 }

Try this:

//MODEL
//{
//   model = Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialDrill/TriBitDrill
//   texture = TriBitDrill, UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/TriBitDrill_YL
//   scale = 2,2,2
//}

48 minutes ago, TDplay said:

Try this:

//MODEL
//{
//   model = Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialDrill/TriBitDrill
//   texture = TriBitDrill, UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/TriBitDrill_YL
//   scale = 2,2,2
//}

thanks for the post. tried that, still no drills appear. still only showing the stock drills and the two meu 100 pulse drills.

o well.

19 minutes ago, Bionic bulldog said:

thanks for the post. tried that, still no drills appear. still only showing the stock drills and the two meu 100 pulse drills.

o well.

Comment out the TEXTURE LINE in the MODEL section....

MODEL
 {
    model = Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialDrill/TriBitDrill
    //texture = TriBitDrill, UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/TriBitDrill_YL
    scale = 2,2,2
 }

Just now, Jebs_SY said:

Comment out the TEXTURE LINE in the MODEL section....

MODEL
 {
    model = Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialDrill/TriBitDrill
    //texture = TriBitDrill, UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/TriBitDrill_YL
    scale = 2,2,2
 }

oh whoops :(

Gents, Ladies, 

I've discovered that the MKS auto drills have reverted to mining Dirt since the update. Unlike a previous poster,  these were on three automated mining probes en route to Duna, and I dont have an engineer handy to reset them.

I think I'll have to edit the ship files to set them back to mining the intended resource- has anyone any guidance on how to do that?

Regards