[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

5 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

is the small regolith sifter supposed to produce oxidizer?

From the wiki (mostly up to date) https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Mining)

• Sifters take in Dirt and sift out any resources for which you have storage. They find a lot, but at very low rates compared to drills.

From another page:

Limited to resources with a planetary abundance greater than 1%.

They will get your station a little of everything (that is on the planet of course) but not lots of anything. Note that the planetary abundance is not biome abundance.

They also are used for lode harvesting. That will get lots of stuff, but you either have to go to the lodes, or bring them to your mining station.

2 minutes ago, IT Luddite said:

From the wiki (mostly up to date) https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Mining)

• Sifters take in Dirt and sift out any resources for which you have storage. They find a lot, but at very low rates compared to drills.

From another page:

Limited to resources with a planetary abundance greater than 1%.

They will get your station a little of everything (that is on the planet of course) but not lots of anything. Note that the planetary abundance is not biome abundance.

They also are used for lode harvesting. That will get lots of stuff, but you either have to go to the lodes, or bring them to your mining station.

Oxidizer is regulary no raw resource, it has to be converted from ore in a vanilla game. My question aimed for if that is supposed to also spit out Oxidizer or if it is a bug.

thanks for your little tutorial tho!

Where can I find functions for how much transfer credits are used? I mean that I would like to be able to calculate beforehand how many credits do I need to transfer X tons or X units of resources to a given location?

Edit: also I havent had a chance to test yet but can I also transfer enriched uranium this way? 

Edited by tseitsei89

5 hours ago, tseitsei89 said:

Where can I find functions for how much transfer credits are used? I mean that I would like to be able to calculate beforehand how many credits do I need to transfer X tons or X units of resources to a given location?

Edit: also I havent had a chance to test yet but can I also transfer enriched uranium this way? 

I don't think you can transfer Uranium - pretty sure the game is coded so the only way to move Machinery or Uranium is by maintenance, which only works in local logistics range.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:58 AM, juanml82 said:

I don't really understand KSP heat mechanics nor whatever MKS drills do regarding heat, but they seem to soak up every extendable radiator in the ship. No matter how many extendable radiators you spam, the onboard reactor will overheat. AFAIK, this also happens with the MKS thermal control thing and any mod radiator which radiates heat from the entire vessel. If putting the drills in a separate vessel isn't an option (it isn't for automated systems), attach fixed radiators to the reactor. The stock fixed radiators only take heat away from the part they are attached to, so those will ignore the MKS drills.

Try the ranger cooling thingy. It's pretty much a superpower radiator that only works on planets.

I'm wondering why the Convert-O-Trons seem to have the ability to turn Ore into Fertiliser. It seems to cut out a LOT of the resource chain that I can just land a stock ISRU and have Fertiliser.

EDIT: Aah, it seems to be a part of USI-LS itself - it seems to add it to the stock Convert-O-Tron 125. I'll just comment it out...

//@PART[MiniISRU]
//{
//	MODULE
//	{
//		name = ModuleResourceConverter_USI
//		ConverterName = Fertilizer
//		StartActionName = Start ISRU [Ore -> Fertilizer]
//		StopActionName = Stop ISRU [Ore -> Fertilizer]
//
//		INPUT_RESOURCE
//		{
//			ResourceName = Ore
//			Ratio = 2.5
//		}
//		INPUT_RESOURCE
//		{
//			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
//			Ratio = 30
//		}
//		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
//		{
//			ResourceName = Fertilizer
//			Ratio = 0.0025
//			DumpExcess = False
//		}
//	}	
//}

Replace the code to add the Ore -> Fertiliser with that in order to turn it off, it is found at the bottom of GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\LSModule.cfg

Or, alternatively, do this to have it automatically disable itself if MKS is present (I think):

@PART[MiniISRU]:NEEDS[!MKS]

Edited by TDplay

4 minutes ago, techgamer16 said:

KSP Game is 1.4.2

MKS version is 0.55.0.0

And i believe USI Tools version is 0.12.0.0

OK. I am not experiencing this issue myself on 1.4.1. Can you post the log (in a .zip file to make it faster to download to look through) as that's a useful file that KSP spits out for debugging purposes. It's KSP.txt, in the KSP folder (one folder up from gamedata)

Edited by TDplay

6 minutes ago, TDplay said:

OK. I am not experiencing this issue myself on 1.4.1. Can you post the log (in a .zip file to make it faster to download to look through) as that's a useful file that KSP spits out for debugging purposes. It's KSP.txt, in the KSP folder (one folder up from gamedata)

I have just updated USI Core so maybe that was the issue but here is the log file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7i7thelktdx2hda/KSP.rar

25 minutes ago, techgamer16 said:

I have just updated USI Core so maybe that was the issue but here is the log file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7i7thelktdx2hda/KSP.rar

Do you have multiple ModuleManager dlls in your GameData? If so, delete all but the newest.

Also updating USICore won't fix issues (that's just reactors, kontainers and other USI bits and bobs), update USITools if an update is available.

Edited by TDplay

1 hour ago, TDplay said:

Do you have multiple ModuleManager dlls in your GameData? If so, delete all but the newest.

Also updating USICore won't fix issues (that's just reactors, kontainers and other USI bits and bobs), update USITools if an update is available.

Ive just deleted all but the latest version of module manager so Ill have a look.

Just a note: There appears to be some mod conflict with the included version of Firespitter and *something.*   I was having trouble where none of the resource-switching, in this or any other Firespitter-dependent mod was working.  It was if they didn't have any resource capacity at all.

Grabbing the full version of Firespitter fixes it, and it doesn't occur with a clean install of just Squad and USI, so it's a mod interaction somehow.  Since an easy fix in the form of the full Firespitter download is available I'm not interested in doing more debugging on it, but wanted it listed in case others were seeing it and so they would know a fix.

20 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Just a note: There appears to be some mod conflict with the included version of Firespitter and *something.*   I was having trouble where none of the resource-switching, in this or any other Firespitter-dependent mod was working.  It was if they didn't have any resource capacity at all.

Grabbing the full version of Firespitter fixes it, and it doesn't occur with a clean install of just Squad and USI, so it's a mod interaction somehow.  Since an easy fix in the form of the full Firespitter download is available I'm not interested in doing more debugging on it, but wanted it listed in case others were seeing it and so they would know a fix.

Is firespitter actually required to play MKS? as my mod folder is huge and id like to take unecessary mods out.

2 hours ago, TDplay said:

I'm wondering why the Convert-O-Trons seem to have the ability to turn Ore into Fertiliser. It seems to cut out a LOT of the resource chain that I can just land a stock ISRU and have Fertiliser.

EDIT: Aah, it seems to be a part of USI-LS itself - it seems to add it to the stock Convert-O-Tron 125. I'll just comment it out...

Replace the code to add the Ore -> Fertiliser with that in order to turn it off, it is found at the bottom of GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\LSModule.cfg

Or, alternatively, do this to have it automatically disable itself if MKS is present (I think):

@PART[MiniISRU]:NEEDS[!MKS]

USI-LS needs a way to make fertilizer if MKS is not installed and the 1.25m ISRU is not really useful for ISRU at bases sizes where you have habitation, so it makes a reasonable 'add this for this one function' piece.

The rate is also pretty awful(both raw speed and fertilizer per unit of ore), so it is not unbalanced to leave it as-is.

(A convert-o-tron 125 weighs 1.25 tons while a crush-o-matic weighs 0.08 tons and has an output that is not less than 1/15 of the small ISRU but does take a lot less raw resources)

1 minute ago, techgamer16 said:

Is firespitter actually required to play MKS? as my mod folder is huge and id like to take unecessary mods out.

It is needed for loadout switching, so it is very much required.

Just now, Terwin said:

USI-LS needs a way to make fertilizer if MKS is not installed and the 1.25m ISRU is not really useful for ISRU at bases sizes where you have habitation, so it makes a reasonable 'add this for this one function' piece.

The rate is also pretty awful(both raw speed and fertilizer per unit of ore), so it is not unbalanced to leave it as-is.

(A convert-o-tron 125 weighs 1.25 tons while a crush-o-matic weighs 0.08 tons and has an output that is not less than 1/15 of the small ISRU but does take a lot less raw resources)

It would be easy to add a :NEEDS[!KolonyTools]

Edited by voicey99

1 hour ago, techgamer16 said:

May someone please explain how the Tundra training academy works. I have on on my mun base and I want to upgrade my kolonists and crew to higher levels (at least level 2 as thats what my pilot is). Thanks.

The akademy allow kerbals to up one level lower than the highest available kerbal onboard. Not sure, but I think that they also need to have the same spec.

Edit:

From MKS wiki :

A field training center for training your Kerbonauts. When training is conducted, attendees will gain experience based on the instructors present, and in their chosen field. Up to one star when used on Kerbin, two stars while in orbit, and three stars if training takes place landed on another planet or moon.

Edited by Gurki

26 minutes ago, jack gamer said:

How do I disassemble parts without losing materials

You need kontainer(s) with enough free space for MaterialKits created by disassembling of a part.

Edited by maja

On 4/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, nickicool said:

Hi friends!

Can i install MKS on 1.3.1 without start new game?

Yes, but the USI-LS changes will not happen, you will have to set those manually if you want them.

EDIT: Also know that RoverDude will not help you on 1.3 installs:

And community support only for anything prior to KSP 1.4.x

Edited by TDplay