[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

One of the module types (logistics?) and/or the presence of an engineer (or mechanic) allows distribution of machinery to an area for maintenance purposes.  I always found it a bit buggy so ended up tying my base together with bailing wire anyways.

20 hours ago, PolecatEZ said:

One of the module types (logistics?) and/or the presence of an engineer (or mechanic) allows distribution of machinery to an area for maintenance purposes.  I always found it a bit buggy so ended up tying my base together with bailing wire anyways.

Unfortunately, that seems to not work in this case. The storage vessel and the vessel that needs machinery are about 40m from each other, both have power and control, and the vessel that needs machinery has an engineer, and yet as days pass, nothing appears to happen.

I ended up dealing with it with KAS pipes, but that seems like a kludge, especially since I'll have to keep running pipes around my base as machinery wears out.

I've got to be missing something.

Edit: I hope this comes across right. I'm not complaining, I'm just assuming that there is something that I'm doing wrong personally.

Edited by Tokamak

51 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

Unfortunately, that seems to not work in this case. The storage vessel and the vessel that needs machinery are about 40m from each other, both have power and control, and the vessel that needs machinery has an engineer, and yet as days pass, nothing appears to happen.

I ended up dealing with it with KAS pipes, but that seems like a kludge, especially since I'll have to keep running pipes around my base as machinery wears out.

I've got to be missing something.

Edit: I hope this comes across right. I'm not complaining, I'm just assuming that there is something that I'm doing wrong personally.

Where's the engineer at? Unless i'm completely mistaken, the engineer should be sitting in a Workshop to do maintenance... Not that i'm sure that's the solution, but if you haven't tested that yet...

6 hours ago, TheBackIsBAck said:

Where's the engineer at? Unless i'm completely mistaken, the engineer should be sitting in a Workshop to do maintenance... Not that i'm sure that's the solution, but if you haven't tested that yet...

Oh! I thought that was just required to automatically keep things topped up. I didn't realize you needed it to move machinery around at all. I guess I'll try that, then. I assume the workshop has to be on the same vessel that the machinery is stored in?

Anyway, I'll try that. Thanks.

4 hours ago, HughesHeadHunter said:

Will this work with version 1.10 (newest version)? It says incompatible on Ckan but so does B9 and B9 is working just fine. I just don't want to download it and ruin my save file

Posts in the last couple of pages suggest it isn't working without manually deleting a couple of parts. I don't use 1.10, so I haven't tested whether that works.

so after the latest update i have found that my game wont load. it stops at this part     "UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe/MKS_LightGlobe"    and when uninstalled i have weird things happen to my recruitment page to where i cant recruit kerbals and it says i have way more than i do.

1 minute ago, Lightning_Gamer said:

so after the latest update i have found that my game wont load. it stops at this part     "UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe/MKS_LightGlobe"   

This is covered in the last few pages.  The mod is not yet updated for 1.10, and some parts need to be removed for it to work in the interim.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:40 AM, Tokamak said:

Oh! I thought that was just required to automatically keep things topped up. I didn't realize you needed it to move machinery around at all. I guess I'll try that, then. I assume the workshop has to be on the same vessel that the machinery is stored in?

Anyway, I'll try that. Thanks.

Lemme know if that fixed it, i'm curious myself... As far as i know the moving of resource only happens when resource is requested, and machinery should only get requested when an engineer is trying to top it up, right?

At least that was my reasoning ^^

6 hours ago, Saberdo said:

Hi at all. I got the Problem that i cant connect the flexotube. i asume it is because of the kas. i already tried to downgrade but the problem still appears. anyone an idea?

I don't have that problem... Just checking you are using a Kerbal on EVA to connect that right? does it show you the transparent blue-ish tube where it's going to go? 

Else you're going to have to describe what you're doing a bit more clearly and post your mod list so someone who knows more than me can help you...

cheers

Hello, good folks, This is Turbodyne :cool:. I seem to be having trouble installing MKS. I have 1.7.3 and i put "USI_Kolonization_Systems_MKS_OKS-1.2.0.0" into the Ksp Game Data folder; but only the pulse drills and different recruiting methods were changed. The Tech tree is still the same, and so is everything else ;.;. I don't know what to do. I think the installation process was the where the problem was. HOW do you install mks:0.0:

ps.

Is MKS compatible with Real Solar System Mod? 

Hello good folks, this is Turbodyne. I have trouble installing MKS. I have v.1.7.3.

I put the "Umbra space agency" folder into the Ksp game data folder, and only the pulse drills and the recruitment process were changed. The tech tree is still the same, and so is everything else. How do you properly install MKS???

1 hour ago, Turbodyne said:

Hello good folks, this is Turbodyne. I have trouble installing MKS. I have v.1.7.3.

I put the "Umbra space agency" folder into the Ksp game data folder, and only the pulse drills and the recruitment process were changed. The tech tree is still the same, and so is everything else. How do you properly install MKS???

It may help to take a screenshot of your Gamedata folder for people to see what may be the problem and also provide a link to your log file.  Have you tried it without the Real Solar System mod?

3 hours ago, Turbodyne said:

The Tech tree is still the same, and so is everything else ;.;.

Other than adding parts, MKS does not change the tech tree, The Community Tech tree mod is recommended for this purpose.

3 hours ago, Turbodyne said:

To the best of my knowledge the RSS mod primarily changes the planetary size and layout, possibly with tweaks for other mods like community resources.

So long as the background processes are not modified(ie changes to offline production), MKS should still be good.

You my or may not need to manually tweak the few engine parts in MKS to match the RSS changes if you intend to use them however.

24 minutes ago, Terwin said:

Other than adding parts, MKS does not change the tech tree, The Community Tech tree mod is recommended for this purpose.

To the best of my knowledge the RSS mod primarily changes the planetary size and layout, possibly with tweaks for other mods like community resources.

So long as the background processes are not modified(ie changes to offline production), MKS should still be good.

You my or may not need to manually tweak the few engine parts in MKS to match the RSS changes if you intend to use them however.

I do not have RSS. It was just a thought.

In the Ksp GameData folder, there are

Squad,

SquadExpansion,

USI_Kolonization_Systems_MKS_OKS-1.2.0.0.

In USI_Kolonization_Systems_MKS_OKS-1.2.0.0 GameData folder, there are

000_USITools,

CommunityResourcePack,

Firespitter,

GroundConstruction,

UmbraSpaceIndustries.

1 hour ago, Turbodyne said:

I do not have RSS. It was just a thought.

In the Ksp GameData folder, there are

Squad,

SquadExpansion,

USI_Kolonization_Systems_MKS_OKS-1.2.0.0.

In USI_Kolonization_Systems_MKS_OKS-1.2.0.0 GameData folder, there are

000_USITools,

CommunityResourcePack,

Firespitter,

GroundConstruction,

UmbraSpaceIndustries.

Yea that's wrong.  You want the contents of the gamedata folder from MKS in your gamedata folder.  you don't want nested gamedata folders

your gamedata folder should look like

Squad,

SquadExpansion,

000_USITools,

CommunityResourcePack,

Firespitter,

GroundConstruction,

UmbraSpaceIndustries.

This should be similar for all mods BTW.  The path is important

Edited by goldenpsp

I've revisited MKS after a long period of time after being frustrated at losing my game after every steam update.

I've sent a bunch of Duna modules over to the Mun and 9 Kerbals for a "staff party' (ha ha).
But when when using the group grab system, I'm able to move a Duna module, it defaults upside-down.  I'm fine re-rotating it, and moving it, but I'm limited in the B/N movements, and can't get it above the terrain.
At this point Gremlins propel it upwards, and... well, this goes on and on.
I've Googled and skimmed  the forum (not all 300+ pages), but can't find a solution that works.

I'm guessing it's such a common thing (that I just missed), I'm happy if someone could just link the solution for me.
Honestly, I'm 12 KSP hours in and too much beer to fly a rocket, but I did the same thing sober yesterday, so I'm asking.

23 minutes ago, EndureChaos said:

I've revisited MKS after a long period of time after being frustrated at losing my game after every steam update.

I've sent a bunch of Duna modules over to the Mun and 9 Kerbals for a "staff party' (ha ha).
But when when using the group grab system, I'm able to move a Duna module, it defaults upside-down.  I'm fine re-rotating it, and moving it, but I'm limited in the B/N movements, and can't get it above the terrain.
At this point Gremlins propel it upwards, and... well, this goes on and on.
I've Googled and skimmed  the forum (not all 300+ pages), but can't find a solution that works.

I'm guessing it's such a common thing (that I just missed), I'm happy if someone could just link the solution for me.
Honestly, I'm 12 KSP hours in and too much beer to fly a rocket, but I did the same thing sober yesterday, so I'm asking.

Try pressing R to change node while grabbing and choose the bottom one

33 minutes ago, EndureChaos said:

frustrated at losing my game after every steam update.

@EndureChaos, just a heads up for future updates like 1.11, you can either revert your game back to previous versions in Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/558751813704406295

or you can copy the KSP out of steam:

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/155661/how-to-install-2-instances-of-kerbal-space-program-from-steam-on-one-computer

Edited by hemeac
Additional comment.

12 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Try pressing R to change node while grabbing and choose the bottom one

Yep, that was it!  Thanks.  I did try that actually, but I clearly didn't understand what it was doing at the time

11 hours ago, hemeac said:

@EndureChaos, just a heads up for future updates like 1.11, you can either revert your game back to previous versions in Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/558751813704406295

or you can copy the KSP out of steam:

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/155661/how-to-install-2-instances-of-kerbal-space-program-from-steam-on-one-computer

Yep, I've done that in the past, the problem was that I was running CKAN which updated the mods, some of which broke when I reverted to the previous version, bad things happened, kracken spawned, so I ultimately restarted.
So I'm now running 1.8.1 "beta"

20 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Yea that's wrong.  You want the contents of the gamedata folder from MKS in your gamedata folder.  you don't want nested gamedata folders

your gamedata folder should look like

Squad,

SquadExpansion,

000_USITools,

CommunityResourcePack,

Firespitter,

GroundConstruction,

UmbraSpaceIndustries.

This should be similar for all mods BTW.  The path is important

I can finally play Mks now:D

8 hours ago, EndureChaos said:

Yep, that was it!  Thanks.  I did try that actually, but I clearly didn't understand what it was doing at the time

KIS .pdf manual in the mod thread contains more, so you can ascend to in-situ construction master with it.