[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

On 12/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, Rafael Kerman said:

Hello. I'm having a problem. The KSP always crashes when it loads the "LightGlobe / MKS_LightGlobe" file. I am running KSP version 1.11.

cheers.

I had this happening and just deleted the part. Works fine without it.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, RoverDude said:

I have no idea where KIS/KAS are going to land tbh, just removing one more dependency out of the chain.  Re the pipes, they will probably be moved to legacy at some point since connected bases really aren't a required thing between local logistics and WOLF.

The biggest need for pipes in my case is for building large bases using GC. I tend to ship a small general purpose workshop, say on a Duna base. Later, when a new base component is required, I launch a GC DIY kit along with containers of MaterialKits and SpecializedParts  This only works if I can connect the containers to the workshop.  GC requires the full resource amount before construction.

I guess the alternative will be to use a WOLF hopper to retrieve the MaterialKits and SpecializedParts, but it will  still need to be attached to the workshop in some manner.

Edited by notthebobo
Pasting in original message went crazy

On 12/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, RoverDude said:

I have no idea where KIS/KAS are going to land tbh, just removing one more dependency out of the chain.  Re the pipes, they will probably be moved to legacy at some point since connected bases really aren't a required thing between local logistics and WOLF.

From that forum, it seems the general plan is to rewrite and extend stock to do what KIS currently does. Since stock does not have PIPES I expect that piece will remain close to current configuration. My mod - KIFA - is a temporary solution to making sure all parts including KIS parts fit into stock containers, and stock containers are on all bases and vessels (if not already defined by mod author) but I expect a full rewrite of KIS to come out at some point making my mod no longer needed.

22 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

From that forum, it seems the general plan is to rewrite and extend stock to do what KIS currently does. Since stock does not have PIPES I expect that piece will remain close to current configuration. My mod - KIFA - is a temporary solution to making sure all parts including KIS parts fit into stock containers, and stock containers are on all bases and vessels (if not already defined by mod author) but I expect a full rewrite of KIS to come out at some point making my mod no longer needed.

I'll leave them in legacy when the time comes so that folks who want them can still do so. 

55 minutes ago, notthebobo said:

The biggest need for pipes in my case is for building large bases using GC. I tend to ship a small general purpose workshop, say on a Duna base. Later, when a new base component is required, I launch a GC DIY kit along with containers of MaterialKits and SpecializedParts  This only works if I can connect the containers to the workshop.  GC requires the full resource amount before construction.

I guess the alternative will be to use a WOLF hopper to retrieve the MaterialKits and SpecializedParts, but it will  still need to be attached to the workshop in some manner.

Maybe there's something else coming along that will solve that problem....

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Maybe there's something else coming along that will solve that problem....

Ok so I think I've been around long enough to give you a playful ribbing without offending (hopefully :D)

Stock-assembled packrat.  Super excited

Stock assembly replacing KIS. Super excited

Hints of a built in off world construction function.  Super excited.

Remembering the last hints of cool new functions of the mod, called Atlas/WOLF, which only took like a year+...

Don't be too much of a tease please :sticktongue::sticktongue:

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

Ok so I think I've been around long enough to give you a playful ribbing without offending (hopefully :D)

Stock-assembled packrat.  Super excited

Stock assembly replacing KIS. Super excited

Hints of a built in off world construction function.  Super excited.

Remembering the last hints of cool new functions of the mod, called Atlas/WOLF, which only took like a year+...

Don't be too much of a tease please :sticktongue::sticktongue:

Fair enough :D

58 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I see what you mean.  

DazzlingSpryDuck-size_restricted.gif

The pipes back in the day were also useful for other things.  I forgot about this old video.

It's too long so here it is at the best part at the end.  Also the packrat was a workhorse.

33 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Oh - Expandos are staying, those use a different mechanic :)

Yea I know different pipes.  But fond memories too.  Who knew trying to upright a module on the moon using only what you have on hand could be so fun.

Hello there.

Have a quick question. I was looking for the bigger Drill MEU-500 Pulse Drill , but i just cant find it anywhere. 

I found a post 2 years ago from a guy who said that there was a bug with overheating and he provided a config file that fixes it. But it doesnt fix it sadly :(

Any infos?

Edited by Drehverschluss

5 minutes ago, Ksp Slingshooter said:

Is there any advantage of using cultivation over agroponics in the agricultural module? 

Agroponics uses Mulch, so it's good for keeping your Kerbals alive.  The Cultivator does not, so it can be used to make surplus supplies for other ships (like if you're building a new ship in orbit and need to stock it full of supplies before it launches with a crew flown from Kerbin).

Also, time to let the first of several proverbial cats out of the bag.  Wrapping up the code for the first two of a few new expansions to Konstruction.

First - several modules will, with enough Kerbals and Konstruction equipment/workshops present - greatly increase the stock EVA Construction limits.  This will let you easily assemble MKS Ranger bases using the stock systems.  These parts have also all been moved over to stock inventory.

Second - and probably the more cool of the two new bits will be in-situ parts construction using MatKits, Specialized Parts, and the stock inventory system.  We'll be utilizing a new resource (KonstructionCredits) that you can build up with time, MatKits, and Specialized Parts, and spend these when the time comes on any of the goodies available in the stock inventory system.   These should be code complete and testable within the week as a pre-release :)

Hey someone asked me below question for KIFA... so other than size of part (base) is there a reason NOT to allow the part to be put into inventory? I'd rather get your opinion on this before spending any time on it :) My personal feeling was that base parts should be built or stored using Allistas mods.

18 hours ago, eberkain said:

It would be nice if all the Ranger series parts from MKS could be placed into inventory...  :) 

8 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Hey someone asked me below question for KIFA... so other than size of part (base) is there a reason NOT to allow the part to be put into inventory? I'd rather get your opinion on this before spending any time on it :) My personal feeling was that base parts should be built or stored using Allistas mods.

Wait a day or so for the new Konstruction pre-release :)  This includes the configuration, enabling enhanced EVA Construction, and also in-situ parts creation.

40 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Second - and probably the more cool of the two new bits will be in-situ parts construction using MatKits, Specialized Parts, and the stock inventory system.  We'll be utilizing a new resource (KonstructionCredits) that you can build up with time, MatKits, and Specialized Parts, and spend these when the time comes on any of the goodies available in the stock inventory system.   These should be code complete and testable within the week as a pre-release :)

So if I'm reading that correctly it sounds like a replacement to the OSE mod?  IE in situ 3D printing of parts that go into inventory?

4 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

So if I'm reading that correctly it sounds like a replacement to the OSE mod?  IE in situ 3D printing of parts that go into inventory?

Yup.  Although the big difference is that this is being built more as a supplement than an in-depth thing unto itself.    Neither approach is wrong, but the Konstruction approach is to put the time sink in the creation of the KonstructionCredits - actually spitting out the part is super fast (maybe a second or so).

Ahh... ok so moving away from global construction... 

Just now, goldenpsp said:

So if I'm reading that correctly it sounds like a replacement to the OSE mod?

On OSE mod forum there is work being started to use stock containers rather than KIS.

27 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Wait a day or so for the new Konstruction pre-release

I'm just figuring out WOLF complexities! hopefully new Konstruction will be very  straight forward!

Honestly between @RoverDude new mod updates and @Nertea new FarFuture and Dust mods this has been a great Xmas! 

2 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Ahh... ok so moving away from global construction... 

On OSE mod forum there is work being started to use stock containers rather than KIS.

I'm just figuring out WOLF complexities! hopefully new Konstruction will be very  straight forward!

Honestly between @RoverDude new mod updates and @Nertea new FarFuture and Dust mods this has been a great Xmas! 

Yep - sounds like OSE is going a bit different direction - which is fine :)  and I expect compatibility will continue, though it will need to be a community patch since MKS will be geared with Konstruction in mind (as it is now, this is just an expansion of that mod).