[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

23 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Does the konfab craft have enough local inventory to hold the part being built?  Just speculating but I don't know if I have seen any mention that this konstruction capability works with disconnected inventory but I may have missed it.

Yes, it was a test to build a small battery.

I don't know what the exact issue is, but the konfab seemed to have trouble finding an inventory to put the part in when there were a bunch of other craft in physics range, even when there was ample space on the same vessel.

It seems to work in most simple situations, but it didn't work when I needed it to (base construction)

Edited by Kielm

1 hour ago, Tacombel said:

Having several problems with depots. I opened a couple of issues

I glanced at the issues you posted on GitHub. Hoppers aren't meant to be moved around. So doing things like docking a hopper to an orbital station, connecting it a depot and then undocking it will assuredly result in unpredictable behavior. Same in reverse (i.e. connecting to a depot and then docking the hopper to a station afterwards). This all has to do with how KSP keeps track of vessels and the parts connected to them. It's also possible there are some bugs. Hoppers are the one thing in WOLF that I personally haven't done much testing with yet.

One thing that I think would help us help you is if you could give more detail in terms of what you're trying to do and what you expect the end result to be. That will give us a better idea of whether you're trying to do something we didn't design the system to do or if this is actually a bug.

3 hours ago, Kielm said:

Occured when craft where in local logistics range. Which is kind of a crucial time for being able to build parts.

Going to apologize in advance if we did this before, got a few eggs in the air.   Does this occur on the launchpad with a simple vessel (say, a command pod and a KonFabricator)?

7 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Going to apologize in advance if we did this before, got a few eggs in the air.   Does this occur on the launchpad with a simple vessel (say, a command pod and a KonFabricator)?

Nah that's fine, you've got loads going on so stuff will get lost - that's why I mentioned it, I was just hoping not to sound rude by reminding you. Simple craft work great. The items get fabricated and placed into inventory as expected. 

In the (failed) example, I used KSTS to put a konfab-equipped ship into orbit around Kerbin and then landed it within physics range (150m) of a bunch of other craft. The error:

"[ERR 00:22:11.528] [ModuleInventoryPart]: Unable to create a snapshot part at index 0. Unable part name=battery-rad-125". 

showed up anytime I tried to build anything. In that example it was a tiny battery that should've been able to fit anywhere. 

Now I've gone back and tested the exact same craft again on the launchpad - it works. Tested it in orbit after putting it there with KSTS - it works. The only remaining criteria would take longer to test - putting it within physics range of a bunch of other landed craft with inventories to see if it still gets confused. I'm fighting a Unity crash at the moment so testing anything further is proving difficult.

1 minute ago, Kielm said:

Nah that's fine, you've got loads going on so stuff will get lost - that's why I mentioned it, I was just hoping not to sound rude by reminding you. Simple craft work great. The items get fabricated and placed into inventory as expected. 

In the (failed) example, I used KSTS to put a konfab-equipped ship into orbit around Kerbin and then landed it within physics range (150m) of a bunch of other craft. The error:

"[ERR 00:22:11.528] [ModuleInventoryPart]: Unable to create a snapshot part at index 0. Unable part name=battery-rad-125". 

showed up anytime I tried to build anything. In that example it was a tiny battery that should've been able to fit anywhere. 

Now I've gone back and tested the exact same craft again on the launchpad - it works. Tested it in orbit after putting it there with KSTS - it works. The only remaining criteria would take longer to test - putting it within physics range of a bunch of other landed craft with inventories to see if it still gets confused. I'm fighting a Unity crash at the moment so testing anything further is proving difficult.

np that's the info I need, will see what I can do to repro.   Likely an issue where it's trying to find a place to put the output

8 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

One thing that I think would help us help you is if you could give more detail in terms of what you're trying to do and what you expect the end result to be. That will give us a better idea of whether you're trying to do something we didn't design the system to do or if this is actually a bug.

I built the station in LKO in several launches. Once assembled I start the hoppers to refill the station (this is the first time I see that the resources being consumed by the hoppers are not being subtracted in the dashboard).  When the tanks are full, I move the station to its destination, like the mun in this case. Here I forgot to stop and disconnect the hoppers, so they carry on working even in Mun orbit, until they get disconnected some time later. 

Also, when I moved the station there was still no depot in Mun:Orbit. 

The plan is to move this station to where it is needed. The protocol should be stop-disconnect-move-connect-start

Edited by Tacombel

3 hours ago, Tacombel said:

I built the station in LKO in several launches. Once assembled I start the hoppers to refill the station (this is the first time I see that the resources being consumed by the hoppers are not being subtracted in the dashboard).  When the tanks are full, I move the station to its destination, like the mun in this case. Here I forgot to stop and disconnect the hoppers, so they carry on working even in Mun orbit, until they get disconnected some time later. 

Also, when I moved the station there was still no depot in Mun:Orbit. 

The plan is to move this station to where it is needed. The protocol should be stop-disconnect-move-connect-start

Just putting here what I had on Github.

1.  You can't connect hoppers if there is no depot.

2.  A depot has to be the only WOLF part on your vessel to establish one (in one of your Github notes, I saw a message indicating this was not the case)

3.  This use of hoppers is not really a good use case.  You're running afoul of anti-exploit code (to prevent people from doing something silly like taking a bunch of Mun hoppers and landing them on Kerbin to make a little money generator, etc.).  Consider disconnect/reconnect a use at your own risk kind of thing.  

30XVgvN.png

I'm pulling my hair out with this one. This keeps happening in the VAB right before a unity crash. The textures will flicker, eventually turn black, and then unity crashes as soon as I move the mouse.

I put the crash dump through a debugger and got this 

SYMBOL_NAME:  d3d11!CContext::TID3D11DeviceContext_IASetVertexBuffers_<1>+159

MODULE_NAME: d3d11

IMAGE_NAME:  d3d11.dll

STACK_COMMAND:  ~39s ; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ_c0000005_d3d11.dll!CContext::TID3D11DeviceContext_IASetVertexBuffers__1

I don't have any visual mods, and I've reinstalled ksp and my graphics drivers to no avail.

I've pulled a ton of mods out to try to sort it, but I'm starting to think it might be one of the ATLAS parts perhaps? Remaining mods listed below:

Spoiler

000_AT_Utils
000_USITools
001_ToolbarControl
B9PartSwitch
BetterBurnTime
BonVoyage
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConfigurableContainers
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
DynamicBatteryStorage
Firespitter
GroundConstruction
HeatControl
KAS
KerbalAtomics
KerbalInventoryForAll
KIS
KSP-AVC
MarkIVSystem
ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
NavyFish
NearFutureAeronautics
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureExploration
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
SpaceDust
Squad
SquadExpansion
StationPartsExpansionRedux
UmbraSpaceIndustries
WildBlueIndustries

Well that looks horrible.  Hate to say it, but try on a clean USI only save then start adding things back in one by one.  

Alternatively, start a new craft and start building it back up till you find the offending part

To add - I've seen that error and fought it myself on the unity side making a part and had to clear vertex data from a model I was working on - but only had that since moving to the new version of Blender, so I wonder if someone checked in a model they should not have....

17 hours ago, Tacombel said:

15 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

Hoppers are the one thing in WOLF that I personally haven't done much testing with yet

Did some tests with hoppers and was able to reproduce the problems.

• You cannot connect a hopper to a depot if you have a Survey Scanner on the vessel
  • Hoppers vanish from WOLF-Registry and the resources they used get freed up,  hoppers are still up and running
  • Moving a connected hopper outside of current WOLF-Biome will not disconnect it until vessel is reloaded

Detailed Description and possible fix in PRs #1511 and #1512

2 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

But the problem is that there is no depot on that ship, so the message makes is incorrect

I think the check shouldn't be the way it is,  currently it checks not only for Depots but also for Survey Scanners, message is always about depot. PR should fix this and check only for depots.

19 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Well that looks horrible.  Hate to say it, but try on a clean USI only save then start adding things back in one by one.  

Alternatively, start a new craft and start building it back up till you find the offending part

To add - I've seen that error and fought it myself on the unity side making a part and had to clear vertex data from a model I was working on - but only had that since moving to the new version of Blender, so I wonder if someone checked in a model they should not have....

Even that provides another troubleshooting route, so thanks. 

If it is a model causing the problem then there are a few more suspect mods I can yank out. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Kielm said:

Even that provides another troubleshooting route, so thanks. 

If it is a model causing the problem then there are a few more suspect mods I can yank out. Thanks. 

I'm thinking best bet is to build that ship or a part equivalent thereof bit by bit till you get the crash.  Start with the Atlas parts and anything USI.

6 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I'm thinking best bet is to build that ship or a part equivalent thereof bit by bit till you get the crash.  Start with the Atlas parts and anything USI.

I'm doing that, but in reverse. I have the craft that will crash in the VAB fairly reliably (after a certain amount of time, 30-60 mins). I've been yanking out mods and manually stripping parts off the .craft file to get it to load again. 

There are only a few mods left on that craft:

• stock
  • USI
  • Near Future
  • Heat Control

Heat Control and Near Future have just been ditched, so now waiting to see if it happens again. Could be reactors/radiators from those mods. 

New user here, been reading the wiki and watching recent tutorials trying to get a good handle on things. 

Unfortunately the videos I found just walk you through the parts, no one seem to cover how to actually start building the base outside of sped-up/multi-hour let's play vids. Most of them just jump to a pre-made base.

From my understanding, the process is:

1. Find a spot you want to use. Using stock/SACNsat to find resources can help if you want to land somewhere convenient for mining.
  2. Ship in inflatable modules, and MaterialKits/engineers you need to actually inflate them?
  3. Use the Scout Landing Module to land stuff.
  4. EVA your engineer and use the Kerbal Attachment System to pickup, move, and place modules? (I assume nothing works with the 1.11 construction mode yet)
  5. How do you actually connect modules together?

2 hours ago, Roman7616 said:

Transfer to orbit is not working on Atlas modulrs . Credits aren't being manufactured. 

They don't have storage for credits atm, add the storage from one of the logistics modules' cfg files as a temporary fix

11 minutes ago, alphaprior said:

Does FlexOTube work now? I see no option but to turn light on. I've read they don't work anymore because of KAS.

They *should* just work like KAS pipes - but not sure of the state of the community patch since some of the KIS/KAS stuff changed.

14 minutes ago, alphaprior said:

Nope it doesn't work no options other than light. I downloaded a flexotube.cfg I found on a github post but got errors from KIS and I couldn't exit the game I had to manually close it.

I hope it gets fixed soon either in MKS or KIS...

I'm holding on for the next update, should eliminate the need for KIS I think?