[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

sorry @RoverDude or @DoktorKrogg but i cant find the answer anywhere in this Topic - how do you actually transfer resources to the Built ships after they are constructed i the Orbital shipyard ?

Does each launched ship (and the Mothership) need:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleResourceDistributor
    }

?

6 hours ago, Jasseji said:

but i cant find the answer anywhere in this Topic - how do you actually transfer resources to the Built ships after they are constructed i the Orbital shipyard ?

There is an icon in your tool bar, the one under the Wolf one, that opens a UI that lets you transfer resources between ships closer than 150m.

K7DUPDr.png

Edited by Tacombel

7 hours ago, Tacombel said:

There is an icon in your tool bar, the one under the Wolf one, that opens a UI that lets you transfer resources between ships closer than 150m.

K7DUPDr.png

Thanks, i found it but it was empty, figured out i forgot a Logistics Module on the Motherships :D

20 hours ago, Tacombel said:

K7DUPDr.png

Do you have this icon by default (if you have the constellation pre release (and 1.11.2) of course) because I don't see it...

For orbital construction, can you just slam a shipyard, resources and a command pod together or do you need anything else (engineers, other parts, ...)?

So, I really hate to nitpick on things and I had been expecting that this would stop bothering me, but it hasn't.

Is there any way to correct the spelling of "scavenge" throughout the whole mod constellation? I'm tempted to just do a search and replace on the codebase, but I don't want to break anything if, for some reason, "scavange" is being used as a function name or something.

On a similar note, could I volunteer to write part descriptions for the bits that are still just "TBD"? Or is that something that you guys want to keep in house?

2 hours ago, 256 said:

So, I really hate to nitpick on things and I had been expecting that this would stop bothering me, but it hasn't.

Is there any way to correct the spelling of "scavenge" throughout the whole mod constellation? I'm tempted to just do a search and replace on the codebase, but I don't want to break anything if, for some reason, "scavange" is being used as a function name or something.

On a similar note, could I volunteer to write part descriptions for the bits that are still just "TBD"? Or is that something that you guys want to keep in house?

Pull Requests are welcome :)  Just be sure to do it to the DEVELOP branch

5 hours ago, modus said:

Do you have this icon by default (if you have the constellation pre release (and 1.11.2) of course) because I don't see it...

For orbital construction, can you just slam a shipyard, resources and a command pod together or do you need anything else (engineers, other parts, ...)?

Yes, should always be there, although sometimes it disappears. A scene change usually solves it. I am still in 1.11.1

6 hours ago, Tacombel said:

Yes, should always be there, although sometimes it disappears. A scene change usually solves it. I am still in 1.11.1

Hmm yeah it's wierd, I have all the parts, but don't have a 'start Konstruction' option or an icon, tried in my save and in a new sandbox, on the pad and in space. With the konfrabricator I have the legomatic option but that's it, with the konstructors there's nothing.

Will investigate further before posting logs and such. Probably something I did wrong, and there's enough wolfiness to do in my save.:cool:

On 4/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, Jasseji said:

sorry @RoverDude or @DoktorKrogg but i cant find the answer anywhere in this Topic - how do you actually transfer resources to the Built ships after they are constructed i the Orbital shipyard ?

Does each launched ship (and the Mothership) need:

?

@RoverDude @DoktorKrogg
I do have one additional question regarding the future plans for orbital construction

For one, the thing i asked before, do you plan any kind of Helper UI in VAB/SPH to show how many materials a given design would require to build ?

Second thing, is it possible at all/planned to implement "staggered building"? As in, make a Shipyard Station with 50000 Resources storage but given ship requires 150000 to build = click the build button and the System takes away the 50000 (emptying the Containers and putting the resources "in the pipeline") and updates some kind of "Progress" to 50000/150000, then you deliver next batch, go to the US again, click next step and  so on ?

This wasnt a problem with EL or Global Construction, as the builds took time and were draining resources which could be topped up anytime (or the build paused).

Basically i want to avoid having to build a DSEV shipyard where the MaterialKits Containers are twice as big as the whole station ;)

Edit: Also, do we have a way to control where the ship will be spawned (yes i am talking Start Trek Style Construction Docks :D)

Edited by Jasseji

40 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

@RoverDude @DoktorKrogg

For one, the thing i asked before, do you plan any kind of Helper UI in VAB/SPH to show how many materials a given design would require to build ?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but the shipyard has this already. If you don't have one in lko you could just launch one in KSC and check. It is not the same as having it in the VAB, but it works. 

1 minute ago, Tacombel said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but the shipyard has this already. If you don't have one in lko you could just launch one in KSC and check. It is not the same as having it in the VAB, but it works. 

yes i know you can do it like this but in this implementation you need to go to VAB, design it, launch a fake shipyard, check resources, repeat

1 minute ago, Jasseji said:

yes i know you can do it like this but in this implementation you need to go to VAB, design it, launch a fake shipyard, check resources, repeat

Yea, different workflows. I don't design ships with the shipyard in mind, but upgrade the shipyard as needed. What is a problem if the shipyard is far away. 

12 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

Yea, different workflows. I don't design ships with the shipyard in mind, but upgrade the shipyard as needed. What is a problem if the shipyard is far away. 

Exactly my point, i am trying to design a DSEV where i wont be able to easily change the sizes of the resource tanks hence the goal to design landers and calculate the resource requirement up front

13 hours ago, modus said:

Hmm yeah it's wierd, I have all the parts, but don't have a 'start Konstruction' option or an icon, tried in my save and in a new sandbox, on the pad and in space. With the konfrabricator I have the legomatic option but that's it, with the konstructors there's nothing.

Will investigate further before posting logs and such. Probably something I did wrong, and there's enough wolfiness to do in my save.:cool:

Did IT support thing number 1: turned it of and on again. Works like a charm now. 

The passenger thing is very cool!

12 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Exactly my point, i am trying to design a DSEV where i wont be able to easily change the sizes of the resource tanks hence the goal to design landers and calculate the resource requirement up front

Let's say you're in a situation where it's as you describe, then presumably shipping in resources is also not an option. If it was, then you would have no issues. But if it isn't possible to ship stuff in, then I guess you'll be producing all of the needed construction resources in-situ, right? Maybe you shipped your orbital shipyard to Nova Kirbani and the next supply ship from KSC can't arrive for another 50 years or something.

Now you need to build a new ship locally but your MK storage doesn't have quite enough space to hold the necessary MK. I would simply design and build (on-site) a container with a control module, claw (assuming you did not design your orbital shipyard with docking ports in the first place) and some RCS (or use your tug - you brought one along, probably) and just attach it - thus expanding the local storage easily. Then you can fill it up from your local industry. 

Though staggered construction sounds nice as well, conceptually. 

Hello i heard about botany, geology and habitability ratings. I heard if the hab rating of a planet is 500 % that the home and hab timers would freeze is that true? And what happens if the geo and botany ratings are 500%.

Edited by Plomie

3 hours ago, Plomie said:

Hello i heard about botany, geology and habitability ratings. I heard if the hab rating of a planet is 500 % that the home and hab timers would freeze is that true? And what happens if the geo and botany ratings are 500%.

This is what it says in the wiki, Personally I never reached that far. They will also get freezed if you reach 50y habtime per kerbal. AFAIK the others don't have any special effect.

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Habitation)

Edited by Tacombel

Is there a way to recycle some materialkits when I deflate a ranger workshop? (or other inflatable facility that cost materialkits to deploy)

I'm trying to utilize a construction rover with a ranger workshop and a storage on Eve, to deploy the workshop different location for 4k material kits each time is kinda costy.

1 hour ago, cinemagic said:

Is there a way to recycle some materialkits when I deflate a ranger workshop? (or other inflatable facility that cost materialkits to deploy)

I'm trying to utilize a construction rover with a ranger workshop and a storage on Eve, to deploy the workshop different location for 4k material kits each time is kinda costy.

As long as the craft has enough storage for them, they should go back into storage.

1 hour ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

As long as the craft has enough storage for them, they should go back into storage.

Sorry my game does go that way. Materialkits just vaporate when I deflate workshop.

I use ksp 1.11 with latest mks. donno why.

How did you get the Bata Constellation to work in 1.11.2 I get a Konstruction.dll is incompatible message  and the loading screen hangs. I reverted to 1.11.1 and got the same message.  is there a trick or do i start pulling mods till I find the the issue

There's no trick, the latest constellation works with 1.11.2 out of the box. It sounds like you somehow have an old version of the DLL in GameData. The easiest way would be to start with a clean vanilla install of the game, or alternatively you can try deleting just the USI files first and re-downloading the constellation.