[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Hello is there also a surface shipyard coming? And the shipyards use alloy and a lot of new resources but i dont know the supply chains of them because im am not yet in the prerelease and in i am in ksp 1.11.0 . 

Packed basic base in two ships. Mount them in your favorite booster and launch them.

It is designed with a crew of five in mind. Engineer and pilot for the pioneer module, scientist for the greenhouse, engineer for the workshop and a third engineer for EVA construction. Enable konstruction in the pioneer and workshop to move the heaviest parts.

There are not enough material kits to deploy everything, so start with the hab-quarters, greenhouse and workshop. Then disassemble as needed to deploy the hab-common.

VlmJUV9.png

https://kerbalx.com/Tacombel/MKS-Basic-Base-Part-One

https://kerbalx.com/Tacombel/MKS-Basic-Base-Part-Two

Edited by Tacombel

8 hours ago, Plomie said:

Hello is there also a surface shipyard coming? And the shipyards use alloy and a lot of new resources but i dont know the supply chains of them because im am not yet in the prerelease and in i am in ksp 1.11.0 . 

Yep, surface is in the pre-release.  As well as new supply chains - though for some of the upper end stuff it may just make sense to ship it up.  In my own save I am reserving that level of manufacturing to a single body due to the magnitude of the planetary infrastructure (which IMO is best to do  using WOLF).

I dont know how to update the mod to the prerelease. Do i just need to delete the old version and install the new version? And another question if there is a surface shipyard does it mean that No GC or EL is needed anymore?

Edited by Plomie

24 minutes ago, Plomie said:

I dont know how to update the mod to the prerelease. Do i just need to delete the old version and install the new version? And another question if there is a surface shipyard does it mean that No GC or EL is needed anymore?

Yes and yes.

PSA for anyone like me who dreamed of striking it rich through importing containers of produced goods from your off-world MKS mine/manufacturing complex: there's currently a bug in stock 1.11 KSP that will result in you actually losing money. It affects all containers from all mods that use any part switcher to switch their contents (FS/IFS/B9/etc) as the game now does the recovery cost calculations by using the original costs of the part instead of the actual costs after the switch and mining operation. So the part cost becomes negative. 

The KSP Recall mod has a temporary fix, though it's more like an ugly band-aid. 

Is there a way to turn off automatic maintainance of workshops or assembly lines?

in my game performing maintainance has some issue on nuclear reacters, it always take ErU from reacters and put them into ErU container, makeing reacters stop working.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, RoverDude said:

Yep, surface is in the pre-release.  As well as new supply chains - though for some of the upper end stuff it may just make sense to ship it up.  In my own save I am reserving that level of manufacturing to a single body due to the magnitude of the planetary infrastructure (which IMO is best to do  using WOLF).

Is the pre release publicly available? I’d love to play with the new stuff

@minerbat I can't speak for RO/RSS but when it comes to Kerbalism you'll need to pick between Kerbalism and MKS. MKS is geared towards using USI-LS and is not compatible at all with Kerbalism, which changes many core game mechanics. It would be quite a task to make them even remotely compatible. I would suggest running two different career saves if you're interested in both.

1 hour ago, TheRealMK245 said:

Is the pre release publicly available? I’d love to play with the new stuff

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases/tag/2021.03.12.01

Edited by Grimmas

14 hours ago, Grimmas said:

@minerbat I can't speak for RO/RSS but when it comes to Kerbalism you'll need to pick between Kerbalism and MKS. MKS is geared towards using USI-LS and is not compatible at all with Kerbalism, which changes many core game mechanics. It would be quite a task to make them even remotely compatible. I would suggest running two different career saves if you're interested in both.

what about TAC life support? and is there a mod that just adds the science behaviour kerbalism has?

2 hours ago, Plomie said:

is scansat compatible with the new version of mks and is it  finally compatible with 1.11.x

Never been a compatibility problem with scansat that I am aware of.  And MKS has been 1.11.x compatible for a while.

2 hours ago, minerbat said:

what about TAC life support? and is there a mod that just adds the science behaviour kerbalism has?

It won't conflict, just don't use USI-LS if you use TAC-LS.  You won't be using a lot of the modules though as TAC-LS has no analogue for habitation, and any community patches for TAC-LS do not have official support.  tbh, USI-LS just fits a lot better.

2 hours ago, minerbat said:

and is there a mod that just adds the science behaviour kerbalism has?

There's a science-only version of Kerbalism. Haven't tried it with MKS, but would be interested to hear your experiences if you do.

i jusy want to have some more in depth life support than just food though that still works with this... i want a more complicated food system and water and air and hab time and preferrably radiation too. and if i want to use it with RO i want kerbalism science too...

8 minutes ago, minerbat said:

i jusy want to have some more in depth life support than just food though that still works with this... i want a more complicated food system and water and air and hab time and preferrably radiation too. and if i want to use it with RO i want kerbalism science too...

And this is where I get philosophical.   When I used TAC-LS, the only difference between one resource and three was more parts, and three resource tanks.   Like, I never had a situation where I was out of one (food/water/oxygen) instead of all three in equal measure.  EC was a wild card (and USI-LS has that), also USI-LS has a lot more breadth as it covers long-term habitation (which is trickier to deal with than just keeping Kerbals fed).  Lethality and effects are all customizable as well.  But to each their own :)

Edited by RoverDude

I too was iffy about it being 'only supplies' as an abstraction when I first started using MKS. But as my craft became more complex, regularly passing 300+ parts, I am now actually glad for having a lower part count for the life support systems this way :-)

but i want to have to deal with challenges of each requirement being handled in a different way. electricity for heating can be made with solar panels. water can be made with ISRU. oxygen can be made from water. nitrogen can just passively sit there and do nothing, but when it's gone it's gone. food requires good infrastructure of greenhouses and such. radiation is it's own thing entirely. and then hab space.

can the food part of this mod be disabled and just use the hab time? then i could use TAC for food and such, and the kerbalism science-only mod @Grimmaswas talking about?

maybe in stock i would like this simplification, but i want to try it with RO and make it extra challenging