[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

I'm hazarding a guess in thinking he's more asking about how the last few weeks have gone, since it was shortly after the latest Constellation build a couple months ago when he streamed last. Hasn't been a lot of radio traffic lately.

The section on the Konstructor says: "After a few seconds, the ship will appear in space near the KonStructor." ==> is there a fixed distance or is this calculated in some way? I would say no, because I Konstructed 2 identical, very simple craft (just a container with some docking ports) and one spawned something like 4 km (!)  from my station and the other one at 150m. That's quite a difference...Is it just random?

Edited by modus

1 hour ago, modus said:

The section on the Konstructor says: "After a few seconds, the ship will appear in space near the KonStructor." ==> is there a fixed distance or is this calculated in some way? I would say no, because I Konstructed 2 identical, very simple craft (just a container with some docking ports) and one spawned something like 4 km (!)  from my station and the other one at 150m. That's quite a difference...Is it just random?

I think it's supposed to be 100m offset?  At least 50m.  I don't know, I have the problem that it spawns in pretty much the same place every time, but that place is within or very close to the ship.  Like in this image, I constructed a group of 5m containers (the REX ones) and they spawned somewhat inside of the ship, blowing themselves and the ship apart.nk4O562.png

yeah I don't really see the logic. Most of my craft spawn within a few 100m (never had the problem that it spawned within my ship) but 1) it's (almost) never the same distance and 2) the one at 4km was really weird.

I have my computer working-ish, starting to work on the tutorial again.

At this point I'm working through the transport credits section and I'm looking for a small SSTO. I have one that will take 55t to orbit but it ends up needing 80 transport credits. Building the infrastructure for 80 transport credits at KSC is not something I want to inflict on people following a tutorial/walkthrough. At this point I've found a 3t SSTO that can get to 75km x 75km for 8 transport credits.

If you are using WOLF (and MKS) have you found an SSTO that can get a small cargo to orbit for less than 2.6 transport credits per ton/unit? Setting up 10 or 20 Transport Credits is relatively simple for a Walkthrough, after that it's just tedious.

14 hours ago, JamesonKerbal said:

I have my computer working-ish, starting to work on the tutorial again.

At this point I'm working through the transport credits section and I'm looking for a small SSTO. I have one that will take 55t to orbit but it ends up needing 80 transport credits. Building the infrastructure for 80 transport credits at KSC is not something I want to inflict on people following a tutorial/walkthrough. At this point I've found a 3t SSTO that can get to 75km x 75km for 8 transport credits.

If you are using WOLF (and MKS) have you found an SSTO that can get a small cargo to orbit for less than 2.6 transport credits per ton/unit? Setting up 10 or 20 Transport Credits is relatively simple for a Walkthrough, after that it's just tedious.

A 3t SSTO to get 1 ton in orbit? Impressive, what is it?

10 hours ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

A 3t SSTO to get 1 ton in orbit? Impressive, what is it?

A misunderstanding :D It carries 3t into orbit, the actual craft has a mass of about 26.5t.

A couple of tweaks and it now takes 5t (out of 28.5) to orbit for 9 transport credits. I'm happy with that for now.

Edited by JamesonKerbal
update payload capacity

I'm quite new to USI MKS and I have read the faq/wiki, but I still cannot work with certain ranger type kolonization models. The agriculture and habitation modules work fine, but the mini habitation model only gives me the option to deploy while in the VAB and the inflatable storage module doesn't give me the option to deploy in the VAB or on EVA. Any help to troubleshoot this issue would be appreciated. 

Sorry for being unclear in my original comment, I was able to deploy both the agriculture and habitation modules on eva with an engineer and materialkits/electric charge. The thing is, neither the mini habitat or the inflatable storage module even have the USIanimation in their description. This doesn't change regardless of what situation I'm in and what materials I have. Even odder, the storage module refuses to deploy even when in the VAB yet the mini habitat does, though neither of them have the option to deploy while outside of the VAB. This is in contrast to the other modules which will still give the option to deploy in flight even if you do not have the correct materials, though you will get an error message. Again, sorry for being unclear in my original post.

Here's a link to an imgur album showcasing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/DeXds41

Edited by areallyFATcow

Alright, I've solved the issue. For some reason, certain inflatables cannot be deployed in the VAB or on EVA and must be deployed when you are in control of the ship. Not sure why you can't deploy these on EVA when you can for all of the other inflatable modules, but it's just a minor inconvenience. I wish the mod said this somewhere in the description of the parts, though.

Hi! 

I got a kinda stupid question but I do still would be wanting to ask about this, I am looking for a nice way to build crafts offworld and in space, and I am not too sure which mod to use, but I think I will be going with EL and I was wondering if there is a way to bring back the deprecated parts like the mobile launch platform and the orbital shipyard ?

I am currently on the constilation build of the USI suite of mods, which includes the orbital shipyards but they seem a little unpredictable 

GC is also an option but I am not too sure about how that will/would go

Kind regards,

Yuubari_

guten Tag

Was muss ich aus MKS nehmen da mit beim Bauen die RocketParts verwendet werden.

hatte mir Extraplanetary Launchpads drauf gemacht, aber das bauen ist alles mit SpecializedParts, MaterialKits :/

Wen ich MKS raus nehme Geht es, aber ich möchte auf einige Teile nicht verzichten.

What do I have to take from MKS because the RocketParts are used when building.
I made Extraplanetary Launchpads on it, but building is all with SpecializedParts, MaterialKits: /
Whoever I take out MKS is okay, but I don't want to do without some parts.

12 hours ago, Yuubari_ said:

Hi! 

I got a kinda stupid question but I do still would be wanting to ask about this, I am looking for a nice way to build crafts offworld and in space, and I am not too sure which mod to use, but I think I will be going with EL and I was wondering if there is a way to bring back the deprecated parts like the mobile launch platform and the orbital shipyard ?

I am currently on the constilation build of the USI suite of mods, which includes the orbital shipyards but they seem a little unpredictable 

GC is also an option but I am not too sure about how that will/would go

Kind regards,

Yuubari_

8 hours ago, DukeaufDune said:

What do I have to take from MKS because the RocketParts are used when building.

I made Extraplanetary Launchpads on it, but building is all with SpecializedParts, MaterialKits: /
Whoever I take out MKS is okay, but I don't want to do without some parts.

Both EPL en GC are no longer supported (EPL has been unsupported for a long time if I'm not mistaken) so I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting much help...That is ofcourse just my opinion.:sticktongue: Maybe someone smarter than me has something better to say.

I'd suggest using Roverdude's own orbital shipyard in the constellation pre-release.
What do you find unpredictable about it? For me it works fine (keep in mind that it is a pre-release  so not everything might be 100%), and it blends well into all the other MKS/USI stuff. Again, just my opinion, but I definitely don't want to go back to GC or EPL. They're good mods for sure, I have used both of them before, but in combo with MKS/USI I find the Konstructor a blessing.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, usmc3891 said:

I just have a quick question. I'm trying to attach a duna pioneer module on the karibou base to an anchor hub on the munar surface. I have a flex tube on both ends. When I join the tubes the tube on the duna module kind of falls off and stays attached to the anchor hub while the duna module starts to float away like its in zero g. What can I do to fix this? Everything is attached via nodes.

I have the same issue as him, anyone know how to fix it?unknown.png?width=923&height=676unknown.png?width=950&height=676

6 hours ago, warp_08 said:

I have the same issue as him, anyone know how to fix it?

Flex-tubes are kraken bait.  

RD implemented disconnected bases just to prevent this sort of issue.

I was told that something similar has been discussed here but I couldn't find it. 

I have EL, MKS and SSPX installed, along with a few other mods and all of the dependencies. SSPX cargo containers normally allow you to put EL resources inside of their cargo containers, but now I can't find them in the list of switchable resources and can only find MKS resources. Is this something to do with MKS? Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I can't seem to get logistics working at all while using this mod. I'll quickly set the stage. I have a piloted base with a Duna 'Pioneer' module, an inflatable ranger habitation module, and an inflatable ranger agriculture module. Less than 150 meters away, I have a lander with Kontainers filled with fertilizer, all with the local warehouse value set to true. The agriculture module works fine with the fertilizer it has, but it refuses to take fertilizer from the craft automatically. Every time it runs out, I have to manually transfer the resources using the Kolony Dashboard window. Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, how did you fix it?