[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Thanks for the replies! 

At least I didn't lose too much LFO, but without the ability to get the LFO out (or I could run a fuel cell in the polar region forever),  I have to add new ore tanks to my mining/ refining ship before I can contribute again without losing any more LFO from the inflatables. 

Moving PL to be a Wolf function does make sense. At my stage of the game (not-quite-self-sustaining agroponics and LFO generation on Mun and Minmus), being able to magic materials across the Mun with zero effort/cost feels a bit cheap, although very convenient and tempting. 

Paying transportation credits to move containers back and forth sounds much more balanced, but I haven't unlocked that mechanic to test it myself.

Spoiler

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnAwake () [0x00015] in <7eb3c6e6467043e49992a5c417f5d542>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Awake () [0x0001f] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
ScenarioRunner:AddModule(String)
ScenarioRunner:AddModule(ConfigNode)
ProtoScenarioModule:Load(ScenarioRunner)
ScenarioRunner:LoadModules(List`1)
ScenarioRunner:SetProtoModules(List`1)

Constellation 2021.03.12.01 PRE-RELEASE

oops and another

Spoiler

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnDestroy () [0x00001] in <7eb3c6e6467043e49992a5c417f5d542>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object, Boolean)
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
ScenarioRunner:OnGameSceneLoadRequested(GameScenes)
EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
HighLogic:SetLoadSceneEventsAndFlags(GameScenes, Boolean)
HighLogic:LoadScene(GameScenes)
EditorDriver:StartEditor(EditorFacility)
VehicleAssemblyBuilding:OnClicked()
SpaceCenterBuilding:EnterBuilding()
SpaceCenterBuilding:OnLeftClick()
<OnMouseTap>d__49:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Disclaimer: I don't know if these are actually causing crashes, but they're adjacent to the crash message in player.log. 

EDIT: Github Issue

Edited by Kielm

9 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

hrm... ok that's a new one then. 

I've attached the full player.log to the issue in case it helps. Let me know if you could use anything else. 

Hi, so I am having problems with the orbital shipyards,  they have the eva inventory but that is about it, no other functionality. I can provide a picture of anything necessary but there aren't any crashes or crash reports associated with it. I'd appreciate any help.

13 hours ago, Kosmix1 said:

When I go in the VAB, almost all the parts are missing.

I cant seem to install the mod correctly, which folders go where?

Pretty easy - put the stuff in GameData in the download inside of your GameData folder in KSP.  If you mess with that, it will not work.

7 hours ago, Julien249 said:

Hi, so I am having problems with the orbital shipyards,  they have the eva inventory but that is about it, no other functionality. I can provide a picture of anything necessary but there aren't any crashes or crash reports associated with it. I'd appreciate any help.

KSP version?  

My KSP version is 1.11.2, I did encounter one problem when downloading constellation, it told me that the WOLF Dll was not compatible with the game version, so I swapped it out for another version of Wolf I had that had worked previously.

I’m trying to build out some beginning WOLF infrastructure on the prerelease. I’m feeling bottlenecked by transport credits so just wanted to check - the fuel production ratio I’m seeing is 5 ore/water : 2 fuel per refinery module, meaning 5 refineries and 2.5 bulk extractors for 1 set of 10 transport credits. Yeah?

Reason I’m asking is that now that I’m trying to set up transport credit production in orbit to expand out from there I’m finding that I need really quite a bunch of stuff shipped up - materials for the transport credits themselves plus 7 cargo slots of food, o2 and water. It ends up creating a pretty hefty TC cost on the ground just to push that all up to LKO. Not complaining, this is end game stuff and I figure once I’ve got the basics in orbit I can start building out infrastructure on Minmus so it’ll feel easier; I just have the vague sense I’m doing something more onerous than intended.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:19 AM, OldSedan said:

I’m trying to build out some beginning WOLF infrastructure on the prerelease. I’m feeling bottlenecked by transport credits so just wanted to check - the fuel production ratio I’m seeing is 5 ore/water : 2 fuel per refinery module, meaning 5 refineries and 2.5 bulk extractors for 1 set of 10 transport credits. Yeah?

Reason I’m asking is that now that I’m trying to set up transport credit production in orbit to expand out from there I’m finding that I need really quite a bunch of stuff shipped up - materials for the transport credits themselves plus 7 cargo slots of food, o2 and water. It ends up creating a pretty hefty TC cost on the ground just to push that all up to LKO. Not complaining, this is end game stuff and I figure once I’ve got the basics in orbit I can start building out infrastructure on Minmus so it’ll feel easier; I just have the vague sense I’m doing something more onerous than intended.

This doesn't really solve your problem, but for reference, there are four methods for producing fuel, three using the Refinery and one using the Biomass module.

Check out the table in the Modules section of the Parts (WOLF) page in the Wiki.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:19 AM, OldSedan said:

Transport credit bottlenecks are not too surprising - consider that you're building the infrastructure for in-orbit refueling and effectively infinite fuel.  It's worth it though.

I have two questions - and apologies if they were asked and answered somewhere in this thread, but I cannot find it with up-to-date info.

First, are Kontainers (I guess they are from this mod, they are put in Logistics tab, after all) supposed to tank your Credits upon recovery? After recovering a vessel on the runway, instead of reverting to SPH, I've noticed literally a couple hundred thousands missing... The seem to have some ridiculously high negative value when recovered. It looks like it's better to crash them into the ground than to recover them, if something like this happens. I ended just cheating these funds back in in the end.

And second, I kind of remember being able to build stuff in my kolonies, a few years back, using Workshops or something similar, but I just cannot get it to work. The mod's wiki also only mentions EL (with the last update somewhere mid-2017), but on the first page here GC is said to be bundled. What's more, Julien249 mentions EL's Orbital Shipyard a few posts above. Is there any more or less up-to-date guide about it anywhere? 

24 minutes ago, M4ck said:

I have two questions - and apologies if they were asked and answered somewhere in this thread, but I cannot find it with up-to-date info.

First, are Kontainers (I guess they are from this mod, they are put in Logistics tab, after all) supposed to tank your Credits upon recovery? After recovering a vessel on the runway, instead of reverting to SPH, I've noticed literally a couple hundred thousands missing... The seem to have some ridiculously high negative value when recovered. It looks like it's better to crash them into the ground than to recover them, if something like this happens. I ended just cheating these funds back in in the end.

And second, I kind of remember being able to build stuff in my kolonies, a few years back, using Workshops or something similar, but I just cannot get it to work. The mod's wiki also only mentions EL (with the last update somewhere mid-2017), but on the first page here GC is said to be bundled. What's more, Julien249 mentions EL's Orbital Shipyard a few posts above. Is there any more or less up-to-date guide about it anywhere? 

Item 1 - Stock bug.  KSP Recall fixes this.

Item 2 - use the pre-release, it has our own orbital shipyard and construction code :)

55 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Item 1 - Stock bug.  KSP Recall fixes this.

Item 2 - use the pre-release, it has our own orbital shipyard and construction code :)

Thanks, for both replies :) I'll give them a try.

Coming back to KSP after a long time. I'm running an old version of KSP and MKS (1.8.1 and 1.3 respectively) so I'm not asking for technical support, just a reminder about the mechanics of the mod. MKS is one of the core mods that I love to use (thank you RD!) but I can't quite remember some of the details.

Specifically it has to do with part efficiency. I have a test base with a scientist on board, an inflatable agricultural module set to agroponics, machinery, a bunch of mulch, and fertilizer. The agricultural modifier's load is 45%. When I add a second agricultural module configured as a geenhouse, and activate it, my ageoponics module's load is still 45%. From the documentation (and my memory) I thought that a greenhouse was an efficiency part that increased the rate at which related parts work.

Am I forgetting something key ?

(Yes, I did try to google an answer, but everything I find says the geenhouse should make the agroponic work faster, unless I'm misunderstanding something)

12 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Coming back to KSP after a long time. I'm running an old version of KSP and MKS (1.8.1 and 1.3 respectively) so I'm not asking for technical support, just a reminder about the mechanics of the mod. MKS is one of the core mods that I love to use (thank you RD!) but I can't quite remember some of the details.

Specifically it has to do with part efficiency. I have a test base with a scientist on board, an inflatable agricultural module set to agroponics, machinery, a bunch of mulch, and fertilizer. The agricultural modifier's load is 45%. When I add a second agricultural module configured as a geenhouse, and activate it, my ageoponics module's load is still 45%. From the documentation (and my memory) I thought that a greenhouse was an efficiency part that increased the rate at which related parts work.

Am I forgetting something key ?

(Yes, I did try to google an answer, but everything I find says the geenhouse should make the agroponic work faster, unless I'm misunderstanding something)

Sounds like that is all the production your mulch supply will allow. Check the available mulch storage, I bet it is 0.0.

KoS

11 hours ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

Sounds like that is all the production your mulch supply will allow. Check the available mulch storage, I bet it is 0.0.

KoS

Nope. I made sure to bring a full container with hundreds of units of both mulch and fertilizer, and room for supplies to go.

2 hours ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

How many stars does the scientist have?

KoS

One, I believe, but I could be misremembering. (I don't have it open right now.) Does the level of the scientist affect whether greenhouses work or not?