[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Konstruction is also next up for the revamp :)  @DoktorKrogg and I have a few ides we want to cook into it.

Great - testing that now - found some issues with Konstruction - will be sending in report.

Did you have a chance to test my save/gamedata on your system?  Curious if it worked.

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

As for other options, I have no idea what sandcastle is.   But since we don't directly conflict with any mod, you're free to use what you want - you just won't have as seamless an integration path as going natively with Konstruction.

Sandcastle is Angel-125's base building mod for the Wild Blue constellation.

Further testing with the Bleeding Edge MKS/USI - Konstruction/MKS is working beautifully.    With the MKS Pioneer and Workshop, and two Konstruction heavy lifters I made, my one kerbal went from 1.2 t on Minmus to 80.7 t lifting capacity.

It took a couple of ticks for me to realize you need to push the Enable Konstruction button on the PAW (of the structure with the Konstruction Foreman module) to activate extra construction items when you bring them in the scene.

It also seems when you leave the scene, or come back from a save, Konstruction is reset (the count) - going to drill down to see exactly where the drop occurs, @RoverDude is the scene konstruction count a hard variable or  is it a temporary variable?  _ not a big deal, since just pushing the button brings it back.

I am thinking of adding a Foreman module to the akita cab when I build these items, because sometimes I am building remote bases using just them, as they do not kick in by themselves - they need this module to be counted, as far as I can tell - will do more testing on this one.

The only suggestion I would like to add is to somehow integrate a count of Konstruction points as you build devices/adding structures.  Maybe add it to the  Kolonization Dashboard or maybe a separate button like the USI LS button in the VAB -  (will put in a request on GitHub)

One quirk I found is that some of the Wolfie structures/containers are very difficult to pick up with the magnet on the PAL Magnet lifter.   For example, I could not lift the Wolf Depot at all, until I placed a PAL Magna-Pad on it.   But using the magnets were a bit hit or miss prior - so not a big deal, since merely having the equipment around you allows you pick things up.

However, sometimes the magnet attraction will launch the equipment into LMO - not fun :huh: - but funny - :D

Next testing is the Orbital Shipyard items - Maybe I can construct something to find that PAL Construction Crawler floating around from Minmus.

ST5mEIy.jpg

2 minutes ago, RookFett said:

It also seems when you leave the scene, or come back from a save, Konstruction is reset (the count) - going to drill down to see exactly where the drop occurs, @RoverDude is the scene konstruction count a hard variable or  is it a temporary variable?  _ not a big deal, since just pushing the button brings it back.

It's a temporary thing since it's an EVA activity. 

Proper Installation of the mods (1.12.2)

So I put the files in FOR_RELEASE into the USI folder in GameData. Opening the game. The parts are there, But the there is no functionality in most. Example WOLF doesn't do the WOLF scan, USI Life Support doesn't affect kerbals, Konstruction Servos don't work. And the GUI/Tool Bar Icon isn't there. Am I doing something wrong?

6 hours ago, CipherAspect said:

Proper Installation of the mods (1.12.2)

So I put the files in FOR_RELEASE into the USI folder in GameData. Opening the game. The parts are there, But the there is no functionality in most. Example WOLF doesn't do the WOLF scan, USI Life Support doesn't affect kerbals, Konstruction Servos don't work. And the GUI/Tool Bar Icon isn't there. Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like an install error.    Did you unzip directly into GameData or drag the files over?

Which zip did you do? MKS or Constellation?

17 hours ago, RookFett said:

Sounds like an install error.    Did you unzip directly into GameData or drag the files over?

Which zip did you do? MKS or Constellation?

Thanks for replying!,  I Dragged the UmbraSpaceIndustries fiile directly into the GameData folder, Then put all other mods like USI-LS and Konstruction also into said UmbraSpaceIndustries folder. Also what is constellation? The parts are there, But again, there is no functionality.

Screenshot-639.png

Edited by CipherAspect

Hmm. The MKS 112 you downloaded normally contains all the USI mods (that's the constellation @RookFettwas referring to), so if you put LS and Konstruction in there, they might be double which might cause trouble.

Did you also copy the other files in the zip (000_USITools, Firespitter, CommuityCategoryKit, CommunityResourcePack)?

5 hours ago, modus said:

Hmm. The MKS 112 you downloaded normally contains all the USI mods (that's the constellation @RookFettwas referring to), so if you put LS and Konstruction in there, they might be double which might cause trouble.

Did you also copy the other files in the zip (000_USITools, Firespitter, CommuityCategoryKit, CommunityResourcePack)?

That sounds like the issue - need them to actually use the parts - and no mention of moving them over.

8 minutes ago, The Brazilian Luigi said:

Having trouble with the "Sunflower Portable Light Kit", or in the files "Light Globe"

It wont load on loading screen

Game Version is 1.12.2

You've got the old MKS release.

THIS is the current final release and is fairly bug-free

THIS is the one I recommend, has a few bees but also has lots of fresh shiny things to play with.

KoS

20 minutes ago, modus said:

Which mks version? 

Sounds like a bug that was fixed a couple of versions back.

I think I have the newest one. May be due to another mod if it is indeed the latest version.

13 minutes ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

You've got the old MKS release.

THIS is the current final release and is fairly bug-free

THIS is the one I recommend, has a few bees but also has lots of fresh shiny things to play with.

Thanks, incase I indeed did not have the newest version

Also, never seen replies this fast, you guys are really good at this!

Edited by The Brazilian Luigi
Wrong choice of words

Hello,

I am a total newbie when it comes to MKS, so I apologise if my question is a bit stupid.

I am planning to start a colony on Minimus and I am doing some proof of concepts on Kerbal. Namely, I am trying to design some basic movable modules (combination of Karibou/Akita rover parts and MKS Tundra parts).

It seems that the whole concept works OK, at least on Kerbin. But It seems that I am missing some basic understanding of several things.

1. The Tundra Power Distribution Unit needs an engineer on board. But how this engineer can go in and out ? What small part needs to be attached to the PDU to allow the engineer to go in/out ? I am planning to deploy this unit (and similar units) unmanned a send the crew later, when the basic colony will be put together via remote operation.

2. How the Microwave Power Transceiver and Tundra PDU are supposed to work ? I tried to launch the Tundra PDU (with Microwave Power Transceiver attached) on runway at Kerbin and beside this module, I parked the rover with empty battery pack and Microwave Power Transceiver.  But there is no electricity transfer between those two units :(

Thx for any hint.

32 minutes ago, PavelKCZ said:

1. The Tundra Power Distribution Unit needs an engineer on board. But how this engineer can go in and out ? What small part needs to be attached to the PDU to allow the engineer to go in/out ? I am planning to deploy this unit (and similar units) unmanned a send the crew later, when the basic colony will be put together via remote operation.

You can attach a Tundra Mini-Airlock to get your engineer in and out of the PDU. That's something that can be attached using EVA construction, too. (I always forget those and have to add them later.)

Not sure about the problem with the transceiver, never tried using them, but will run a test and see if I get the same results.