[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm returning to the game after about three years away, with a fresh install (KSP v. 1.12.2.3167) - when I last played I used USI LS and MKS plus the rovers. I'm looking at the Constellation downloads and there seem to be multiple options to choose from - should I be getting the "Unstable Release 112.0.0" or the "Unstable Release 112.0.1 bleeding edge.1", or one of the previous iterations? 

If you want the latest stuff get the 112.0.1 constellation as it fixes some of the issues with previous versions. To be honest, it is not as unstable as it sounds :) Some textures are missing, and some mostly minor things are not really complete but it generally works OK. 

On 10/13/2021 at 2:33 PM, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

I discovered something about the new WOLF containers while building up a heavy lift SSTO.

What I know is thinking about an SSTO with that many containers makes me drool. I just think too small for this game. 

1 hour ago, Parmenio said:

What I know is thinking about an SSTO with that many containers makes me drool. I just think too small for this game. 

https://kerbalx.com/Mobryan71/Roc

Here you go. It's not the easiest thing to fly, but I manage to make orbit reliably and I'm a mediocre pilot at best. For WOLF use it doesn't need the JATO boosters to get off the runway easily, even with the full 25 ton load (5x groups of 5 1.25m containers) . My personal plane stuffs the wingtip cargo pods with life support and other USI goodies, but I had to strip them out due to export restrictions :wink:

KoS

16 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep the constellation preview is pretty close to the next release (still have a few more textures to do!).

16 hours ago, Grimmas said:

If you want the latest stuff get the 112.0.1 constellation as it fixes some of the issues with previous versions. To be honest, it is not as unstable as it sounds :) Some textures are missing, and some mostly minor things are not really complete but it generally works OK. 

Thank you both for your very quick replies - the mod is now installed and seems to be working fine. As a supplementary question does the package include appropriate contracts for testing / research? I'll be playing in career mode and usually need cash at some point (due to my propensity to fail to achieve successful missions  first - or third - time around).

1 hour ago, Malcymalc said:

Thank you both for your very quick replies - the mod is now installed and seems to be working fine. As a supplementary question does the package include appropriate contracts for testing / research? I'll be playing in career mode and usually need cash at some point (due to my propensity to fail to achieve successful missions  first - or third - time around).

Nothing specific for this is added or removed - I've had no issues using the stuff as-is for stock contracts though.

You could also try mining and selling resources (recover vessel) if you're extremely short on cash. This works even on Kerbin. But you may need to install the KSP Recall mod for it to work, since as I recall it there is an issue in the stock game with the way part replacement mods affect vessel recovery results. 

6 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

Nice plane. How many time it takes you to make this one ? I often see incredible flying machine and for me it s the  most difficult to achieve : something coming back to kerbin in one piece without chute :)

A couple hours. One major change to the wing construction, a minor one to the wing size and position, then some fine tuning. 

I spent much longer trying to get a NERV/Whiplash version to work, never succeeded.

I think we've hijacked the thread enough, though.

Oh My God,

this Planetary Logistics is driving me crazy :(

I have site A on Minimus and at this site, there is:

Duna Logistics module (properly manned with Pilot)

Duna Pioneer module (also manned by Pilot)

Inflatable workshop (manned with Engineer)

some Habitats, Agriculture, Power Plant etc.

I have site B and at this site, there is:

One ship which have Kontainer set to Commodities, four strip miners (two mining Exotic and two mining Rare), reactor for energy and Duna Logistic module (unmanned).

Second ship approx. 40 meters distant has the same configuration, but Kontainer is set to MetallicOre and all strip miners are mining MetallicOre.

BUT - when I am at site A (where the workshop is) and I am trying to manufacture Probodobodyne OKTO (via OSE Workbench), the manufacturing starts. But when it comes to 76.9 percent, I am getting message that ExoticMinerals are missing !!!!

As a part of the station where the workshop is is a MKS Supply Redi-Pack, set to Commodities, Planetary Warehouse On.

All containers at the site B (the mining site) also have all containers set to Planetary Warehouse On.

And when I look at the Kolonization Dashboard, Planetary Logistics I can see there the a lot of MetallicOre (from site B), but absolutely no ExoticMinerals or RareMetals).

What can be possibly wrong ?

Plus, just now I landed at the site A with big Tundra refinery with 4 Engineers.

Bay 1 Recipe - Metals

Bay 2 Recipe - Refined Exotics

Bay 3 Recipe - Refined Exotics

Refinery have plenty o MK-V Supply Redi-Pak containers (set as Commodities, MetalicOre, Metals and Refined Exotics) all set as a both Local/Planetary logistics On.

But Refinery write:

Metals: missing MetallicOre

Refined Exotics: Missing RareMetals

Refined Exotics: Missing RareMetals

:(

Hmm,

when I switched all containers at the site B (mining site) to Planetary Logistic - On and Local Logistic - Off I suddenly can see a lot of ExoticMinerals, RareMetals and MetallicOre in the Kolonization Dashboard/Planetary Logistics

but the Refinery still does no want to take them and process and the Workshop is the same.

Edited by PavelKCZ

6 hours ago, PavelKCZ said:

when I switched all containers at the site B (mining site) to Planetary Logistic - On and Local Logistic - Off I suddenly can see a lot of ExoticMinerals, RareMetals and MetallicOre in the Kolonization Dashboard/Planetary Logistics

Are you able to post your KSP save game somewhere? There will be a file under Kerbal Space Program / saves / (your game name) with the extension ".sfs". If you can paste that to PasteBin for example that lets other players pick up your save game to poke around and see what you've missed.

27 minutes ago, JamesonKerbal said:

Are you able to post your KSP save game somewhere? There will be a file under Kerbal Space Program / saves / (your game name) with the extension ".sfs". If you can paste that to PasteBin for example that lets other players pick up your save game to poke around and see what you've missed.

The file is too big (6MB approx.) for PasteBin, so I uploaded it here:

https://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/QYNPGC5C3PDMCBRW-5ZE/

BTW, I tried to simulate the situation with rovers at Kerbin and situation is the same. Pictures are here:

https://pkorensky.rajce.idnes.cz/MKS_Planetary_Logistic_problem/1511388663

https://pkorensky.rajce.idnes.cz/MKS_Planetary_Logistic_problem/1511388666

https://pkorensky.rajce.idnes.cz/MKS_Planetary_Logistic_problem/1511388667

And there is the same problem. Refinery does not take MetallicOre from unmanned miner which is 500 meters away even when the Logistics module manned with quartermaster is nearby the refinery. :(

And another rover based test. Planetary logistics transfer between rovers does not work even if both rovers have logistics module attached and manned with quartermasters :(

BTW, local sharings works OK. The refinery started processing the ore as soon as I moved the refinery rover to less than 150 meters to the mining rover. So, there is clearly something wrong with the Planetary logistics. It almost seems that I forgot to turn Planetary logistics On, but as far as I know, there is no On/Off button for Planetary Lostics.

Edited by PavelKCZ

FINALLY.

It seems that I found a bug in MKS. As soon as I put the Pilot to the Logistics module at the rover with refinery, Planetary Logistics started to work. It seems that there is something wrong with Quartermasters.

Now I will test the three rovers setup. Unmanned miner rover, unmanned refinery rover and Logistics rover manned with Pilot.

And really, finally it works. At least in the rover test at Kerbin:

https://pkorensky.rajce.idnes.cz/MKS_Planetary_Logistics_OK/1511427039

https://pkorensky.rajce.idnes.cz/MKS_Planetary_Logistics_OK/1511427051

https://pkorensky.rajce.idnes.cz/MKS_Planetary_Logistics_OK/1511427052

It seems that putting the Quartermaster in the Logistics module is not a good idea :)

Hmm, it seems that I was too optimistic. When I changed the Quartermaster with Pilot on my Minimus base, it does not help and Planetary Logistic is not working.

Maybe, the state of the whole base is in some FUBAR state, because originally, there was a Quartermaster in the logistics module :(

43 minutes ago, PavelKCZ said:

and Planetary Logistic is not working.

I'm not doing exactly what you are, but have had no problems with Planetary Logistics. And I abuse the crap out of it. My current Minmus base has a "warehouse" that is manned by a QM and able to pull/push resources in and out of planetary storage.