[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

On 5/1/2022 at 6:52 AM, bill_billy_lee said:

i'm not an expert, but if the kerbal-freezer is broken, try using the latest stable release of usi-LS. I think all the freezing stuff will no longer exist, so use this mod for freezing instead

hope it helps;)

Hi @bill_billy_lee, thanks for your message. I used DeepFreeze in the past, but I read latest (unstable) versions of USI-LS can freeze kerbals. Anyway, I don´t need freeze kerbals (for now), but I see some MKS family modules "don´t find" scientific or engineer kerbals on board when they are necessary. I see others users don´t have this problems and I think something is wrong although I try some clean install and following instruction I read on this topic...

I don´t find the bug or what I´m doing bad...

But thanks for try help me :)

Hi everyone, I have a WOLF part called WOLF_Connector, which has no title, description etc.

Looking at the localization file it seems theres no entry for the part there. Is this a problem with my game or is the part unfinished?

Using bleeding edge 2 btw.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, Marcovicio said:

Hi everyone, I have a WOLF part called WOLF_Connector, which has no title, description etc.

Looking at the localization file it seems theres no entry for the part there. Is this a problem with my game or is the part unfinished?

Using bleeding edge 2 btw.

That part looks like it isn't finished. As for what it is intended to do in the future, your guess is as good as mine, but for now it is safe to ignore it. You shouldn't need it to use WOLF currently.

1 hour ago, modus said:

Soon™

But for now, you can use the (cue the scary music) Unstable Bleeding Edge release!

Reveal hidden contents

It's totally good to use:wink:

Yep the bleeding edge is pretty much what we're going to package, minus a bit of buttoning up.  

1 hour ago, Grimmas said:

That part looks like it isn't finished. As for what it is intended to do in the future, your guess is as good as mine, but for now it is safe to ignore it. You shouldn't need it to use WOLF currently.

That one's due for deprecation, functionality was rolled in elsewhere.

Is it possible via some MM patches or something else to add custom resources to WOLF for virtualized extraction and transport? For example,  making WOLF refineries able to create some exotic fuel from another mod and being able to ship it via a preestablished transport route and then being able to output it the same way you can output life support or regular fuel resources with a WOLF part

On 4/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, ninleafar said:

Hi everyone,
Some months ago I had this problems. I couldn't fix it and I played another game type.  This week I would like to start a new game with MKS like "main mod", I tried it but I found the same problems than some months ago.

"Kebcicle-250 Cryotank" don´t find scientific aboard and "KF-250 KonFabricator" don´t find engineer aboard.

I hope this time somebody can give me any solutions or something to try (or maybe I have to wait a future stable release). Conditions are the seam as the first time (in Update 2):

I had the problem when I was playing with the Japanese version of KSP.
When I changed to the English version, the phenomenon did not appear anymore.
I have been playing with the English version ever since.

10 hours ago, Yomin said:

I had the problem when I was playing with the Japanese version of KSP.
When I changed to the English version, the phenomenon did not appear anymore.
I have been playing with the English version ever since.

Thanks a lot!!
It really works! I was using Spanish version, I changed to English version when I read your post and now Konfabricator and Cryotank works now... I had done many test with all "Bleeding Edge" releases on two different computers and but allways same results...

Ok, for now, I´ll use this solution when I want use USI mods, but, has this simple or quick solution (copying some files or something)?  Will this be fixed in future versions?

3 hours ago, Clancythecat said:

Is there a way i can have just the logistics system without the rest of the Colony parts and resource chains?

You could delete all of the parts. Then you will need to add appropriate MKS modules to your own or some other parts using MM patching, or use other mods that provide compatibility to some extent (like KPBS or FUR). 

Version 112.0.1 of MKS has been released, and the thread has been updated to reflect the updated download location and KSP version supported.  CKAN should also be catching up for those of you who use it.  You can also nab the latest release here:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/releases

This is pretty much what was in the bleeding edge releases for 1.11, plus a few small tweaks.  Barring any major issues, this is likely going to be the release we stick with for the foreseeable future, as @DoktorKroggand I are both neck deep in a new indie game we're both working on :)  

So while we're totally still around and active in the forums and on the USI discord, I would not anticipate any major new USI releases, at least in the short term, though there are still a few major things we both want to knock out (including updating all of the wheels, and some other large system changes).

Lastly, a couple of handy links.  First, the discord server for all things USI (though this also covers our new game as well), and a reminder that I'll be doing a bunch of streaming around game dev (mostly the art side, so Blender, Substance, Unity, etc.). though it's going to be exclusively work on the new game, vs KSP stuff.  

Discord:  https://discord.gg/FNBwUXRgX8

Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/RoverDude

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

Edited by RoverDude

14 minutes ago, Demon Wolf said:

life support and tools are the only ones in CKAN  and when ty to  install mods manually thay do not lode in game

I can't really speak to the CKAN side - raise the issue with them and we'll happily take any PRs we find.  Both @DoktorKrogg and I are not CKAN users.

The large Atlas parts have attachment nodes inside the model, and I initially thought that at some point we would be able to use them to have the Atlas parts resting on flat surfaces, that attaching something there would shorten the physical model of the part, exactly like the inner nodes on the tundra modules do. Is that a functionality that is planned in the future or did I misunderstand what they were meant for?

14 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

The large Atlas parts have attachment nodes inside the model, and I initially thought that at some point we would be able to use them to have the Atlas parts resting on flat surfaces, that attaching something there would shorten the physical model of the part, exactly like the inner nodes on the tundra modules do. Is that a functionality that is planned in the future or did I misunderstand what they were meant for?

Planned for the future :)

On 5/31/2022 at 7:25 PM, Clancythecat said:

What if instead of the crew cargo containers we just had that functionality in the crew cabins?

Like the 16 person cabin has 16 economy seats or fewer luxury seats?

Never mind, I wrote a module manager patch that does that. 

Also, if i wanted to edit my save file to remove modules from a Depot that I had planned poorly, where would I find the file that stores the biome Depots?

18 minutes ago, Clancythecat said:

Also, if i wanted to edit my save file to remove modules from a Depot that I had planned poorly, where would I find the file that stores the biome Depots?

They are in the save file.

But it does not save modules, just the effects of the modules.

So you will need to manually reverse the effect of any modules you want to 'remove'

1 minute ago, Terwin said:

They are in the save file.

But it does not save modules, just the effects of the modules.

So you will need to manually reverse the effect of any modules you want to 'remove'

Thank you, i want to remove the effects because I spammed a biome with level 1 harvesters without realizing that they were less efficient and so I'm going to replace them with level 2 harvesters

I updated the following (via CKAN) to v112.0.1:

• USI Core 
  • USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS)
  • USI Life Support
  • USI Tools

When I load the save file, I get a warning about the C3.Kontainer.KIS.M missing part.

These are the only mods I am updating.
Anyone else has the same issue?

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

KIS parts have been deprecated for a while...

:( I haven't played for a few month and I am afraid I don't know what to do.

Do you mean KIS is no longer a current mod? Thanks!