[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, Loren Pechtel said:

With the long discussion of planetary logistics I find myself thinking of a few parts that should exist:

1)  A small module that can push so you don't need to put habitats on unmanned bases.

2)  A fairly high tech module that can pull on an unmanned base.

I like the idea to have an AI that does the pilot job on a far high-tech level!

4 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

I like the idea to have an AI that does the pilot job on a far high-tech level!

Thinking about this, I think I got it wrong.  There shouldn't be a part to pull from planetary logistics.  Rather, a separate mod that has a set of parts, one for each profession.  The initial parts would act as a Kerbal of level 1 in that profession, nodes farther up the tree would increase this level (but would not have separate parts--unlock the higher node, a new program is downloaded to the existing parts and they function at the higher level.)  The parts would be expensive, but sometimes that's better than providing life support for Kerbals.

Also, related, a teleoperation part.  It would not cost as much and would have no upgrades, but would allow any Kerbal in the SOI to operate it.  You get whatever level that Kerbal is.

This reminds me at some question which kept me busy earlier but I forgot  to ask about that. Is there a way to retrain any Kerbal to make a scout become another profession without editing the savefile? (If you have no USI-LS installed scouts are basicially useless :D)

2 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

With the long discussion of planetary logistics I find myself thinking of a few parts that should exist:

1)  A small module that can push so you don't need to put habitats on unmanned bases.

But the MPU can push stuff into planetary logistics. It's possible to have unmanned mining rigs contributing to PL

3 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

This reminds me at some question which kept me busy earlier but I forgot  to ask about that. Is there a way to retrain any Kerbal to make a scout become another profession without editing the savefile? (If you have no USI-LS installed scouts are basicially useless :D)

No. However, why would you even need to? you can select the job of the Kerbal when hiring- just don't hire Scouts.

Has anyone else had their 1.3.0 ksp version removed by steam? I logged in after a few days away and Steam auto updated my version from the 1.3.0 Beta. When I try to revert, it is no longer listed in the available Beta to revert to. My USI/MKS/Near Future campaign is currently shot and wont load with the 1.2.2 and 1.3.1 versions.

2 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

well all scouts I have I got from rescue contracts :D .. a retraining would be amazing, literarely!

You can disable the appearance of colonist types in rescue contracts so you only get the three main kerbal types.

Just now, voicey99 said:

You can disable the appearance of colonist types in rescue contracts so you only get the three main kerbal types.

I'm amazed all of the professions can get lost in space! I just can't use scouts, and just wish there would be any good use for them, except pressing buttons to skip the AVC messages on loading screen! hehe, jokes aside .. as a current workaround there is still the option to edit the savefile.

13 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

I'm amazed all of the professions can get lost in space! I just can't use scouts, and just wish there would be any good use for them, except pressing buttons to skip the AVC messages on loading screen! hehe, jokes aside .. as a current workaround there is still the option to edit the savefile.

Yeah, you can edit their KERBAL listing in the persistent.sfs and use the option in Difficulty Options to stop getting them in future.

Just now, voicey99 said:

Yeah, you can edit their KERBAL listing in the persistent.sfs and use the option in Difficulty Options to stop getting them in future.

well, I was not complaining about getting them.

16 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

I'm amazed all of the professions can get lost in space!

9 hours ago, ksp_colin said:

Has anyone else had their 1.3.0 ksp version removed by steam? I logged in after a few days away and Steam auto updated my version from the 1.3.0 Beta. When I try to revert, it is no longer listed in the available Beta to revert to. My USI/MKS/Near Future campaign is currently shot and wont load with the 1.2.2 and 1.3.1 versions.

I checked again 9 hours later and the steam options are the same :( 1.3.0 is not an available Beta for me to revert to anymore. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a known way to revert? I have made two posts about this is the ksp subreddit and no one else has commented or upvoted, so I suspect it is not an issue with everyone. I was debating writing to Steam Support next. The removal of 1.3.0 is completely game breaking for me, as my MKS campaign has been my favorite game for over a year.

1 minute ago, ksp_colin said:

I checked again 9 hours later and the steam options are the same :( 1.3.0 is not an available Beta for me to revert to anymore. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a known way to revert? I have made two posts about this is the ksp subreddit and no one else has commented or upvoted, so I suspect it is not an issue with everyone. I was debating writing to Steam Support next. The removal of 1.3.0 is completely game breaking for me, as my MKS campaign has been my favorite game for over a year.

It's not to do with MKS, but 1.3.0 was removed as an available beta everywhere, presumably because it was an intermediate version that served no purpose. 99.9% of 1.3.0 mods either work anyway on 1.3.1 or have updated versions out so it shouldn't be an issue.

20 hours ago, RoverDude said:

All of the CRP resources are 1L units, so you could just look at any of the configs and copy those (converting to liters)

I went through all of the configs, and read through a lot of the old CRP thread.. As I understand your post, having all of the units as 1L means that I can have the same number of things in storage tanks, only the mass will be different.

Looking through the existing ISM choices, I noticed that all of the starting values in the storage defs add up to between 66 and 69. Inflated, that translates to 46200-48300 units. I assume that is the target for any changes or edits for this part?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

@Gilph - could also be because not everything is 1L - stock uses 5L for LFO/Mono as an example.

Got it, thanks. All the configs I'm interested in are 1L so far, but I'll pay attention.

I'm doing this for a manufacturing base that makes everything in the Machinery/CS chain (except for Organics). The chains have high consumption mats (like Minerals), medium (like Polymers), low (like SP), and really low (like Recyclables). I'm going to see whether I can balance all of that into 3 ISMs, so I can lose all of the tanks that are stuck on all over the place.

Thanks

18 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

1) Covered by regular Logistics Modules and the MPUs - MPUs or unmanned Logistics Modules can push but not pull, the 1.25m MPU is perfect for a compact payload that needs to deliver to PW and maybe process some stuff too.

2) Not sure if that fits the mod - it leans slightly toward the "plunk a rocket down and call it a day" that RD is trying to avoid. But then again, it would seem cool. Sounds like something for RD to decide on.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:50 PM, Jebs_SY said:

For now one can work around this issue by commenting out / removing the texture line in the model section of the MKS drills CFG... it removes the MKS textures and they look like stock drills, tho... but work.

Where specifically is that located in the game directory? And what line do it edit out?

Edited by techgamer16

1 hour ago, techgamer16 said:

Where specifically is that located in the game directory? And what line do it edit out?

in GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS\Parts, there are files called MKS_Drill_ and then either 01, 01A, 02, 02A, 03 or 03A, each corresponds to an MEU drill ingame (01 = 100, 01A = 100A, 02 = 500, 02A = 500A, 03 = Industrial Strip Miner, 03A = Automated Industrial Strip Miner. Go into each that won't appear ingame and add // in front of the lines from "MODEL" to the next "}" (NOT the "{" on the very next line) and that will change it to the stock one. Or write an MM patch for that drill (start it with @PART[MKS_Drill_(number for the drill you want, 01, 01A etc)]) containing "!MODEL".

Edited by TDplay