[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

5 hours ago, invultri said:

Ok that makes sense. Is there a way to load up a landed vessel with the exotics without actively docking?

Local Logistics should let you load a landed vessel as long as it is within range, be aware that some resources are not transferable with Local Logistics.

2 hours ago, Nergal8617 said:

Local Logistics should let you load a landed vessel as long as it is within range, be aware that some resources are not transferable with Local Logistics. 

Local logistics is a new term for me (also not present on the mks wiki). Could you give an example setup? (EX: container A on Vessel A, container B on Vessel B, vessel A and B within range of X, both containers A and B need to be in warehouse mode, both vessels A and B must have a pilot).

18 minutes ago, invultri said:

Local logistics is a new term for me (also not present on the mks wiki). Could you give an example setup? (EX: container A on Vessel A, container B on Vessel B, vessel A and B within range of X, both containers A and B need to be in warehouse mode, both vessels A and B must have a pilot).

I can't remember the full qualifications - I think mostly that there needs to be a pilot/quartermaster in some part in the logistics area.  Then open up the Kolonization dashboard and switch tabs to the local logistics screen, cycle through to get the vessels you want to transfer between, and do the transfer.

This is a manual transfer, not automatic.  But it's very flexible, and easier than KAS pipes.

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I can't remember the full qualifications - I think mostly that there needs to be a pilot/quartermaster in some part in the logistics area.  Then open up the Kolonization dashboard and switch tabs to the local logistics screen, cycle through to get the vessels you want to transfer between, and do the transfer.

This is a manual transfer, not automatic.  But it's very flexible, and easier than KAS pipes.

Thanks! I was looking in the wrong place. Judging from my testing a pilot/quartermaster needs to be present, but a "rover" is not required.

23 minutes ago, invultri said:

Thanks! I was looking in the wrong place. Judging from my testing a pilot/quartermaster needs to be present, but a "rover" is not required.

It's probable that a rover (or a logistics center) will extend the range.  (Again, I haven't used it in a bit.)

14 hours ago, adgriff2 said:

Good point about just giving kerbals something to do if you prefer that playstyle. But if you're just doing it to reduce heat and power consumption, isn't lowering the governor a more direct way of doing the same thing?

Yes, and I do use it a lot also. I have to balance parts in a certain way with the governor in my all-in-one factory. After that, I'll play around with the kerbal levels.

Is this still the correct forum topic to ask Karbonite questions?

Does anyone know what the right click context menu slider option on the Torch drives' called "Torch Throttle (0%)" is used for (if anything)?

I went and broke something with orbital logistics and desperately need help. in the career I have I'm kolonizing the mun using duna logistics centers, all was dandy until all the sudden now when I try to open the orbital logistics UI (both through the tab and right clicking), it comes up blank and wont go away until I go back to the space center. All the other windows (mechjeb, scansat ext...) also stop working. the kolonization tab wont even disappear with F2. rumor has it that this is caused by a failed transfer and that I need to do something with the save file to solve it. anyone know anything on how to fix this?

@NoahArnold Once before that happened to me. I edited my save file to delete the record of completed "expired"? TRANSFER entries under "name = ScenarioOrbitalLogistics". Not really knowing what I was doing but somehow it worked.

Be careful, i.e. keep a backup copy of your save file/s in case of complete file corruption and because I still don't know what this is doing, good luck!

4 hours ago, invultri said:

Does anyone know a smaller part that has the "Logistics module" on it? I am trying to make some mining drones but sending a duna logistics center just looks so odd.

there's the Material Processing Units (i think that's what their called) in the manufacturing tab, they look like re-colored ISRU units, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75 sizes.

they can push to planetary logistics but cannot pull from planetary logistics.

4 hours ago, Tabris said:

there's the Material Processing Units (i think that's what their called) in the manufacturing tab, they look like re-colored ISRU units, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75 sizes.

they can push to planetary logistics but cannot pull from planetary logistics.

Yep. Though I don't think it shows as having a logistics module in the VAB which is kind of confusing. Also, if you're just using it to push to planetary logistics and not convert anything, you can leave out the machinery and save a little weight. Here's a pretty good source of info on automated mining: https://wuphonsreach.github.io/blog/kerbalspaceprogram/2017/12/08/ksp-MKS-Mining-Math.html

1 hour ago, adgriff2 said:

Yep. Though I don't think it shows as having a logistics module in the VAB which is kind of confusing. Also, if you're just using it to push to planetary logistics and not convert anything, you can leave out the machinery and save a little weight. Here's a pretty good source of info on automated mining: https://wuphonsreach.github.io/blog/kerbalspaceprogram/2017/12/08/ksp-MKS-Mining-Math.html

@adgriff2, that's a great resource on mining.  Is it yours?  Id so, you mind if it's added to the Mining wiki page?

Edited by notthebobo

15 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep, as others have said, the MPU's are designed exactly for this purpose :)

That is great news, however the ingame manual actually states either duna or tundra logistics are required. Is the ingame manual a copy of the wiki? if I update the wiki than it will end up in the game ?

1 hour ago, invultri said:

That is great news, however the ingame manual actually states either duna or tundra logistics are required. Is the ingame manual a copy of the wiki? if I update the wiki than it will end up in the game ?

For PULL operations.  MPUs are limited to push operations.  

9 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

For PULL operations.  MPUs are limited to push operations.  

Yes I know that now, however the text states: "A Logistics Module is required for the craft to take part, currently either the 'Duna' Logistics Center or the 'Tundra' Pioneer - Logistics Module. " No mention of the MPUs. So I thought, I just update that information on the wiki and have that clarified.

2 hours ago, tonimark said:

prove us that your ksp 1.3 mods are still compatible today with ksp 1.4.4

I gotta burst your bubble a little hard, my dude.

RoverDude's mods are rated and released for at least 1.4.1 (check his GitHub links), and no mod-breaking KSP release has happened since, so they should all work just fine in 1.4.4. It is only that he doesn't update his thread titles anymore. CKAN and KSP AVC are quite enough in terms of letting USI users know if these mods are up-to-date.

Sometimes it's up to the player to prove that the mod in question works, or doesn't. Finding out for yourself can help everyone out who comes later and wants to know as well.

Regardless, you've made a really poor choice of words, and this is how you kill mods. Any modder would be turned off by that kind of challenge.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, tonimark said:

prove us that your ksp 1.3 mods are still compatible today with ksp 1.4.4

All of my mods are 1.4.x compatible.  Not 1.3.x compatible.  OP threads do need updating as noted.

(edit)  I'll also assume English is not your primary language,

Edited by RoverDude