[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

7 minutes ago, Jivaii said:

So I'm guessing that EPL is no longer utilized by MKS?

This has been asked about 100 times now. Please read back in the thread.

To reiterate:

You can still use EPL, it still works, and it's gonna be working for a while.
After some time the MKS parts for EL will be deprecated, then after more time the parts will be removed.

You can continue to use the EPL (non-MKS) parts, but the recipies are off and imbalanced, because cooperation between RoverDude and taniwha has been bumpy.

Edited by Kobymaru

Just now, Kobymaru said:

This has been asked about 100 times now. Please read back in the thread.

To reiterate:

You can still use EPL, it still works, and it's gonna be working for a while.
After some time the parts will be deprecated, then after more time the parts will be removed.

You can continue to use the EPL (non-MKS) parts, but the recipies are off and imbalanced, because cooperation between RoverDude and taniwha has been bumpy.

Then please indicate where it has been ask 100 times to the dot. I checked the op, and back two pages. Saw that Ground Construction was the new way. Wanted to verify.

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry I don't understand the question

4 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

I wonder if there's a Kerbal re-training already planned for the future. I'd appreciate that instead of using SM or editing the savefile. :)

ok, lemme try that again .. (i meant ship manifest by SM .. not what YOU think .. LOL)

Would be cool to have some sort of re-training e.g. a farmer or a mechanic or an engineer (including costs ofc) and it would fit the training academy.
Is there something planned where you can actually switch/change professions of Kerbals?

EDIT: think of it as an enhancement/suggestion/an idea (which can be bad aswell) and I'm yet unsure if that's already a thing in one way or another

Edited by LatiMacciato

14 hours ago, adgriff2 said:

I thought i understood scavenging logistics, but It doesn't seem to be working as I thought. I have a large Kontainer full of material kits with local and planetary warehouse turned on.

Reveal hidden contents

fvrwisP.jpg

Next to that, I have a GC workshop without any material kits but it is manned and has the 'logistics consumer' module.

Reveal hidden contents

7C74ab0.jpg

I thought when a manned logistics consumer was within 150m of a full logistics warehouse that stuff (other than machinery and EC) would transfer from the warehouse to the consumer. That doesn't seem to be happening. Is my assumption wrong or is this not working correctly?

Anyone else able to reproduce this? I just created a new game and just have an unmanned material kits warehouse next to a manned GC mobile workshop, and it doesn't appear to transfer any material kits. Here's the save file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32521371/persistent.sfs

Anyone tried field-assembling an Akita?  I can mostly do it, but it's like there's no mesh target area for the right-side forward wheel's attachment point: I can't target the Akita Core near enough to the attachment point to get the wheel to lock in.  (I can target it behind the seat and see the attachment point - but if I try to mouse over the attachment point I'll be targeting the seat, or the ground, or the other wheel, or basically anything else but the core.)

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Anyone tried field-assembling an Akita?  I can mostly do it, but it's like there's no mesh target area for the right-side forward wheel's attachment point: I can't target the Akita Core near enough to the attachment point to get the wheel to lock in.  (I can target it behind the seat and see the attachment point - but if I try to mouse over the attachment point I'll be targeting the seat, or the ground, or the other wheel, or basically anything else but the core.)

It's a little tricky because the Akita parts don't have colliders around the axle, and KIS only snaps to attachment nodes when the mouse is over a collider on the target part.  You have to orient the camera so that the axle is in front of something with a collider — the back "wall" of the Akita core, or the flat part of the flatbed.

It also helps to build the Akita upside-down, since otherwise the axles will fall through the ground (which makes it pretty hard to attach the wheels).

6 hours ago, RoverDude said:

In the next patch, Machinery can participate in Planetary Logistics only (not local logistics as maintenance covers that).  This can happen because there are no machinery-using parts that are also warehouses.

Great thank you.  Is it intended that supplies mulch and fertilizer can't participate as well?

20 minutes ago, Liquid5n0w said:

Great thank you.  Is it intended that supplies mulch and fertilizer can't participate as well?

Those are not blacklisted at all, so they should totally be able to participate.  Just to be clear though, PL does not occur in the background in case that's what you are wondering

53 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

I think it was silly to ask cuz I had an idea ..sorry to bother you.

(and the answer might just be 42)

Never a bother, just did not understand what your idea was :)

35 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Never a bother, just did not understand what your idea was :)

okies, want me to explain further?

EDIT: I might found a bug too .. should EnrichedUranium and DepletedFuel be transferable through warehouseing via PL/LL? if yes then its not pushing any.

Edited by LatiMacciato

15 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

Sure - go for it :)

2 hours ago, adgriff2 said:

There's only 2 vessels in the savefile. The kontainer and the workshop.

Ok, easy one.  The current GC Workshop is not a Logistics Consumer.

In the next MKS release, workshop functionality will be embedded in the Ranger workshop and the Tundra assembly plant, and no other modules (as the whitelist for all crewed parts is not included with GC-Core).  Once I furnish @allista with a new mobile workshop model, an analogue will be added to MKS (only diff is that the GC-Full one will be model welded, and the MKS one will be lego-like so it can be dropped in via the new Osprey Construction Platform).

20 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

EDIT: I might found a bug too .. should EnrichedUranium and DepletedFuel be transferable through warehouseing via PL/LL? if yes then its not pushing any.

Nope-  they are intentionally not transferable.  Nuclear refueling will be a manual process (though fortunately, a rare one).

got ya on the enriched uranium/depleted fuel (the buttons are confusing tho hehe)

to my idea with the professions:
since I seen more professions for Kerbals entered KSP via MKS i wondered if theres a way to "upgrade" a mechanic's knowledge and his/her training .. like teaching him/her to handle farming too ..or how to repair things.

side-note: IRL you can go to a university and study several directions of human knowledge, like learning to be a baker and additional learning confectioner .. or IT branch beeing a system admin or beeing a software developer. If you wish you can become both, so I wonder if it might be possible to "upgrade" or rather said re-train a Kerbal on the fly (preferibly in any Training academy).

Well .. it's just an idea but if that is limited to how KSP might treat changed professions while beeing in active duty = bad idea so it might be better to do so while Kerbals are returned to Kerbin. (retraining Kerbals is available through ShipManifest but currently it jerks up with the MKS professions, so savefile editing is the only option if you wish to do so)

I will try explaining more if needed, ty for your time reading my comment :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

Ahh - my mistake.  

I expect the issue then is that logistics consumers look for inputs on standard converters... and I expect that the part in question does not have one.

(thinking) I expect making it a warehouse may solve the issue for that particular part.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

Ahh - my mistake.  

I expect the issue then is that logistics consumers look for inputs on standard converters... and I expect that the part in question does not have one.

If that's the case, I suspect adding a native MKS logistics consumer and material kits container to the mobile workshop won't fix the problem. I guess i'll just have to wait for the next release to use scavenging with GC.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Those are not blacklisted at all, so they should totally be able to participate.  Just to be clear though, PL does not occur in the background in case that's what you are wondering.

Oh, so if I setup a base mining rare metals and a small tank I need to watch it to get it's mining output into PL?

What could be causing my problem supplies not going in then?

3 hours ago, adgriff2 said:

If that's the case, I suspect adding a native MKS logistics consumer and material kits container to the mobile workshop won't fix the problem. I guess i'll just have to wait for the next release to use scavenging with GC.

And that release will be very soon :)  I'll test some things in the interim

1 hour ago, Liquid5n0w said:

Oh, so if I setup a base mining rare metals and a small tank I need to watch it to get it's mining output into PL?

What could be causing my problem supplies not going in then?

For the first question, add a larger tank (something with a couple of days storage) and just visit it periodically.

For the second, show me the vessel in question.