[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

5 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Hm, I also have everything on max and a 750ti gfx card, but each of my SSs are only about 1MB

And regolith drill? Which mod?

How do u capture the screenshots ? F1 ? 

I thought the regolith drill is from kspi-e, but I´m not sure. Manufacturer is Phototonic Kerbatonic. Found it under Utilities tab.

1 minute ago, Phil Kerman said:

I thought the regolith drill is from kspi-e, but I´m not sure. Manufacturer is Phototonic Kerbatonic. Found it under Utilities tab.

Definitively KSPI-E. Had a quick search in the gamedata folder and found it in the warpplugin-parts list

Edited by Phil Kerman

Just now, Phil Kerman said:

F12, since that's the Steam SS key. I did notice it had a box checked to "save an uncompressed copy", but I'm not sure where to find that.

16 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

I use NVIDIA overlay to capture screenshots and videos. They're always in the native 2560x1440 resolution, but it can manage up to 4K, depending on the monitor.

Now that is better. 1920x1080 instead of just pixels.

(P.S. sorry for taking this so offtopic!)

21 hours ago, voicey99 said:

I don't plan to use DF, I plan to floor it with no flying farts given whatsoever to fuel efficiency :cool:. With 1.5km/s of extra DV I can cut the travel time to Sarnus to just 2 years (-75%) and 900m/s will bring the Neidon travel time to "only" 9 years (-60%). Even Plock can be shaved down to 8 years (-88%) with a semi-reasonable 3km/s extra.

Wow, packing 9 years of hab and supplies ... you're on another level :) Surviving in-situ once arrived must be a breeze, compared to the journey. Take pictures along the way and tell us the story !

Looking at the Regolith Tundra Sifter the rate for dirt consumption seems really low.  I thougt it was supposed to be really high.  That is 0.095 dirt per second.  Am I missing something?  With the strip miner creating 30 dirt per second it would take 315 Sifters to keep up with one strip miner.  That can't be right.

INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Dirt
            Ratio = 0.095

Edited by snoopydude

2 hours ago, TauPhraim said:

Wow, packing 9 years of hab and supplies ... you're on another level :) Surviving in-situ once arrived must be a breeze, compared to the journey. Take pictures along the way and tell us the story !

10.6 supplies/kerbal/day *0.21 for RT 5000 recycler -> 2.226 /11 for fertilizer usage -> 0.2024 * 426 days -> 86.2 fertilzer/kerbal/year

~776 fertilizer per kerbal for 9 years

5.8 kerbals per 2.5m fertilizer tank(4.5k), 19.3 per 3.75m tank(15k).

Seems like Hab is the biggest problem, not supplies.

Wow, I have been massively over-supplying my inner-system ships with fertilizer... >12 years worth for Duna and Moho (4.5K fertilzer for 4 kerbals)

3 hours ago, TauPhraim said:

Wow, packing 9 years of hab and supplies ... you're on another level :) Surviving in-situ once arrived must be a breeze, compared to the journey. Take pictures along the way and tell us the story!

I don't have a plan for that yet, but I am in the final testing stage for my Sarnus exploration ship, the KEV Valley Forgeok, that's obscurePacking 14km/s of DV at launch, this 7.3kilotonne, \F1.8M beast comes with (3 kerbals) 4.3yrs of supplies, 5.3yrs of hab and a 2-kerb lander with 57 days of supplies and 320 days of hab time plus an ISRU kit. During the test flights, getting it off the ground was a lagfest and a half and I've seen oil tankers that turn faster, but it comes with enough of everything to visit all of the Sarnusian moons and return with some to spare. My plan is to land this thing on Ovok or Hale where the gravity is nice and low, set it refuelling and send the lander off to do the rest of the exploration. I do like having to plan my missions around the demands of USI-LS now-I live for the challenge! *rubs hands at thought of a vehicle to visit Plock*

PICS

Spoiler

The whole launch vehicle...

tLCvXwC.jpg

...the mothership with boosters, lander and shrouds removed...

gme9gat.jpg

...and the lander.

iLEj5D2.jpg

I do kinda want to get it back to Kerbin in one piece, those fancy nuclear engines from SXT (enlarged with TS) are 320K apiece!

I might also start a Mission Reports thread to document the journey, but I'll probably wait until the crew of the Duna Express get back in about a year's time.

Edited by voicey99

@Gilph Logistics Modules should be in the same node (better to move the Duna one down).  If someone can toss a PR or log an issue I can sort this.

@sh1pman - get me that save with your wobble base and I will see what I can do.

@GlitchHound- Log a github issue and I can remove that constraint (Kerbal XP) - or better yet, send your change as a PR :)

@Tomycj - fixed in an upcoming update

@Waxing_Kibbous - I'll be adding randomization in a later update.

@Djohaal- it would only account for the single highest star Kerbal.  Also (and pinging @sh1pman and @TauPhraim), I think it is reasonable to include the geology bonus for sifters.  

@Space Kadet- if you need pilots, etc. it is pretty easy.. Rescue the Kerbal, use the cash to get the one you really want, fire ones you don't.  For the rest, I will likely do some breaking up within the download along part lines, but not for a while.

@snoopydude- log a github issue and I can check the numbers.

2 hours ago, voicey99 said:

I do kinda want to get it back to Kerbin in one piece, those fancy nuclear engines from SXT (enlarged with TS) are 320K apiece!

That's small change compared to Roverdude's warp drive which you can get for the low low price of 25 million. After the first 25 million to unlock the part. Luckily you'll pretty much only need one, ever.

3 minutes ago, jd284 said:

That's small change compared to Roverdude's warp drive which you can get for the low low price of 25 million. After the first 25 million to unlock the part. Luckily you'll pretty much only need one, ever.

And that's why I don't use it. I'm playing Career, I don't have that kind of cash (or know how to use it properly) available for anything that can't be accomplished with good old firespitters.

Edited by voicey99

On 3/31/2017 at 5:32 PM, Djohaal said:
  Reveal hidden contents

GqWb2at.png

My newly designed munbase which minimizes useless parts (such as support struts). Also orange (ripe) kerbal because I can.

Hide contents

3SpnmGA.png

Top view. I'm also working on deploying a seed factory to duna, a prebuilt colony with all the required stuff for bootstraping with OSE workshop.

How did you set up your attach nodes for the hab/greenhouse modules?  My mind is blown that you got them packed in there so tightly.

Has anyone done a breakdown of how many of each refining bay are necessary for self sufficiency?

*edited* the remainder of the original comment has been deleted due to math fail.  That being said, if anyone has created a calc to solve this, I would appreciate a link before I spend hours making one on my own.

Edited by Baladain

2 hours ago, Baladain said:

How did you set up your attach nodes for the hab/greenhouse modules?  My mind is blown that you got them packed in there so tightly.

The MKS long pipe/truss part has three side nodes. that way you can attach things very closely together. The 3.75 meter parts are on extra-tall supports so I ran those trusses under them.

1 hour ago, Phil Kerman said:

Did u sent the whole base in one piece ? :wink: 

Assembled in-situ with extraplanetary launchpads. None of that preboxed sillyness from ground construction.

First pass at a self sufficiency calculator.  Yes, it's ugly.

So far it only covers refining and manufacturing and only from the largest available modules, no attempt at integrating bonuses yet.  May develop further depending on where my head is.

Got the values from the wiki, but I'm pretty certain a few of them are incorrect.  Will update the wiki if I confirm errors.

Usage: Update column B with the numbers of bays you're planning for each function, row 2 will show your status.  + is good, - is bad all values are per hour

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VNjzKn8w9q7PJMy0fHE91Q_XF-xBQ0BxziR8lk-o-J0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Baladain

10 hours ago, Baladain said:

Got the values from the wiki, but I'm pretty certain a few of them are incorrect.  Will update the wiki if I confirm errors.

It tells you all the values per second in the part cfg files if you want to doublecheck.

This may be a stupid question, but I read the entire wiki and couldn't find an answer.

So several images show a 'Duna' series and 'Tundra' series module connected, and the 'Tundra' series module is supported by a truss on the bottom that is connected to four legs that are identical to those on the 'Duna' series. I can't seem to find this part anywhere in the mod.

EDIT:

Derp. And of course I find it as soon as I post here. Nevermind.

It's the 'Cradle' item underneath the 'Konstruction' category.

Edited by JordanL

1 hour ago, JordanL said:

This may be a stupid question, but I read the entire wiki and couldn't find an answer.

So several images show a 'Duna' series and 'Tundra' series module connected, and the 'Tundra' series module is supported by a truss on the bottom that is connected to four legs that are identical to those on the 'Duna' series. I can't seem to find this part anywhere in the mod.

I'm guessing you mean the cradles from Konstruction (which comes bundled with MKS). You can find them under the Construction tab.

Edited by voicey99

On handling oversized colonies, anyone has a good crew management mod to suggest other than crew manifest and ship manifest? Going trough the part list becomes a pain in the ass when you need to rotate kerbals in the medbay due to a life support mishap