[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

16 minutes ago, Kool Kerbal2116 said:

Whenever I try to inflate some of the modules, they do so in the VAB. However when I launch my craft, it doesn't give me the option to inflate them. I can't find the problem, any help??

Several modules require material kits to inflate, those need to be inflated by a kerbal on EVA.

examples: Ranger workshop, inflatable hab-ring

Inflatable without material kits(can be done from within the vessel): Ranger storage module, inflatable 'hut' (forget the name)

Welp, it seems to be working.  I kinda copied and adapted voicey99's design, I just included panels in case I wanted to shut everything down I didn't need to leave the reactor running (I play with RemoteTech, it burns through batteries).

I do have another question about logistics.  As I understand it, they pull from the local & planetary automatically as needed, correct?  That's fine for most everything I would imagine.. except fuel.  Is there a way to directly transfer it if I need to refuel a lander?  I can always use a Karibou and a couple of KAS fuel pipe connectors but I was just wondering if MKS Logistics had a way to do that directly.

trCBWOQ.png

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

Welp, it seems to be working.  I kinda copied and adapted voicey99's design, I just included panels in case I wanted to shut everything down I didn't need to leave the reactor running (I play with RemoteTech, it burns through batteries).

I do have another question about logistics.  As I understand it, they pull from the local & planetary automatically as needed, correct?  That's fine for most everything I would imagine.. except fuel.  Is there a way to directly transfer it if I need to refuel a lander?  I can always use a Karibou and a couple of KAS fuel pipe connectors but I was just wondering if MKS Logistics had a way to do that directly.

trCBWOQ.png

Use the local logistics interface to move resources manually. It looks like a globe with a flag. You specify the from vehicle and to vehicles, then click the arrows to move resources between them. No pipes required.

Edited by notthebobo

20 minutes ago, notthebobo said:

Use the local logistics interface to move resources manually. It looks like a globe with a flag. You specify the from vehicle and to vehicles, then click the arrows to move resources between them. No pipes required.

Does Local Logistics work with fuel?  I can't recall ever having tried.

26 minutes ago, Nergal8617 said:

Does Local Logistics work with fuel?  I can't recall ever having tried.

Not in the sense that fuel tanks automatically pull fuel. But the Local Logistics menu in the Kolonization Dashboard allows you to move fuel from one vehicle to another if they're within range

vWdmLQT.png

Just now, notthebobo said:

Not in the sense that fuel tanks automatically pull fuel. But the Local Logistics menu in the Kolonization Dashboard allows you to move fuel from one vehicle to another if they're within range

That is good to know.  I knew about the interface, I've just never tried to use it to transfer fuel.

1 hour ago, notthebobo said:

Its part of the mod now, there's no way to disable it.

There should be.  It's not like the extra classes are required.

EDIT: Actually @DJK There appears to be such an option in the Game Difficulty Settings under Kolonization (Escape -> Settings -> Difficulty Options).  You can change it on an already running game.

Edited by Alshain

21 minutes ago, Alshain said:

There should be.  It's not like the extra classes are required.

EDIT: Actually @DJK There appears to be such an option in the Game Difficulty Settings under Kolonization (Escape -> Settings -> Difficulty Options).  You can change it on an already running game.

Sadly, the difficulty options under Kolonization only disable the sliders for courage & stupidity and the ability to select MKS specific kerbals like biologist and so on.. There is no way to get rid of the UI changes and get the random kerbal list back apparently.. which kinda sucks tbh.

6 minutes ago, DJK said:

Sadly, the difficulty options under Kolonization only disable the sliders for courage & stupidity and the ability to select MKS specific kerbals like biologist and so on.. There is no way to get rid of the UI changes and get the random kerbal list back apparently.. which kinda sucks tbh.

It's also not the end of the world luckily.

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Download didn't work. Idk if I did it wrong, but I put the "gamedata" folder into my KSP "Gamedata" folder. :/

Put the gamedata folder into your Kerbal Space Program folder (or the contents of Gamedata into your gamedata folder)

3 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Put the gamedata folder into your Kerbal Space Program folder (or the contents of Gamedata into your gamedata folder)

Hold on, what? You mean... Each item in the Mod's gamedata goes in separately? 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

2 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Hold on, what? Screenshot coming. 

You said you put GameData in the GameData folder so you have KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries  That isn't right, it should be KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries

Edited by Alshain

Just now, Lo Var Lachland said:

So all the plugins stay out?

Nothing stays "out", not that the statement really makes any sense.  You just should never have nested gamedata folders, aka gamedata\gamedata