[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

37 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Fixed.  New USI Tools uploading now, KSP-AVC should prompt you

Thanks @RoverDude.  That resolved most of the NullRefs.  Still seeing one more, but am assuming it's Ground Construction because of the AT_Utils reference?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aocdr2a1dqrayjd/output_log.txt?dl=0

Exception handling event onGUIEditorToolbarReady in class GCFilterManager:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer.AddCustomSubcategoryFilter (KSP.UI.Screens.Category mainFilter, System.String subFilterName, System.String subFilterdisplayName, RUI.Icons.Selectable.Icon icon, System.Func`2 exclusionFilter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AT_Utils.SimplePartFilter.add_filter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Fixed.  New USI Tools uploading now, KSP-AVC should prompt you

Thanks. It all works now.

Based on peeking around near the changed code, it looks like the added categories are filters based off the USI manufacturer names. Maybe I will try making custom CCK categories instead.

Regarding part category filter tabs, can anyone confirm that the Life Support category is or is not showing up in the VAB?  I can see the tech nodes, but don't have a tab.  Just got the USITools 10.1 update.

Edit: The parts are loading also.  I dropped in some older .craft files with LS minipacks attached and they came through alright.  They're just unavailable in the parts selection GUI.

Edit 2: Nevermind.  I manually installed CCK 2.0.2 and that seems to have resolved it.  I recommend adding it the next USI bundle.

Edited by KSPrynk

6 hours ago, wile1411 said:

I don't think I've been keeping up to date. Is there a github rearrangement in progress or am I just severely lacking in attention to notice that the USI is split between 2 different Github groups?

A few of the more popular USI repos got shifted over to /UmbraSpaceIndustries earlier this year and according to RD the rest were to follow at some point, but the handover seems to have stalled.

11 hours ago, wile1411 said:

I don't think I've been keeping up to date. Is there a github rearrangement in progress or am I just severely lacking in attention to notice that the USI is split between 2 different Github groups?

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/

https://github.com/BobPalmer

Yep, transferring them over to an organization (USI) vs my personal account, except for the community ones (CRP/CCK).

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep, transferring them over to an organization (USI) vs my personal account, except for the community ones (CRP/CCK).

Seems to be taking a while. is there something you're waiting for?

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

Seems to be taking a while. is there something you're waiting for?

Free time?  I would guess since it was about the time that @RoverDudestarted getting more support from other contributors was around the same time that the big mods moved.  The ones left on his personal account are either mods that got merged into other mods (like Konstruction into MKS), or smaller sorta more stand alone'ish ones like Sounding rockets.  Or ones he hasn't done much in terms of refreshing in awhile (like FTT or ART).

Alright , I give... 

2 Problems -

1.)
I need some help, please.  I have an MKS base on the MUN
Supplies are being created for 3 kerbals at a rate that give them the self sustainability.

However; the problem I am having it with chemicals.  I cannot seem to keep flowing to keep up with machinery production.

2.)
Kerbal going tourist and never wanting to back to work.

Is there anyone willing to take stab and help me out on on this?  Is there anything that I should be looking at?  Is there anything that I can pass long that might shed on what I might have done wrong?

Thanks,
GamersCircle

46 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Alright , I give... 

2 Problems -

1.)
I need some help, please.  I have an MKS base on the MUN
Supplies are being created for 3 kerbals at a rate that give them the self sustainability.

However; the problem I am having it with chemicals.  I cannot seem to keep flowing to keep up with machinery production.

2.)
Kerbal going tourist and never wanting to back to work.

Is there anyone willing to take stab and help me out on on this?  Is there anything that I should be looking at?  Is there anything that I can pass long that might shed on what I might have done wrong?

Thanks,
GamersCircle

Yea, so probably going to need more info (pictures, details about various pieces).  I would guess you don't have enough resource mining to make chemicals?  dunno though, have no information.

Why are your kerbals becoming tourists?  Hab, food etc?

Help us help you.

I had a weird bug where an engineer that I rescued was randomly changing professions. Sometimes without me noticing (which led to a lot of frustration afterwards). He also had a weird interaction with Final Frontier that caused a hilarious event when I couldn't exit the scene or save the game. Got really tired of all that. So one day he had an... accident involving a cargo pod landing over him, after which another engineer took his place.

41 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Yea, so probably going to need more info (pictures, details about various pieces).  I would guess you don't have enough resource mining to make chemicals?  dunno though, have no information.

Why are your kerbals becoming tourists?  Hab, food etc?

Help us help you.

The kerbals went tourist during a time warp event which I forget to check in a timely fashion.  Taking the kerbals all the way back to KSC didn't fix it either.  [one of the kerbals was a rescue]

Here is an over head of the base - how do I display building specs without covering everything up?
Will details like this help or is something else needed?

https://imgur.com/a/8saDv

Edited by gamerscircle

2 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

The kerbals went tourist during a time warp event which I forget to check in a timely fashion.  Taking the kerbals all the way back to KSC didn't fix it either.

Here is an over head of the base - how do I display building specs without covering everything up?
https://i.imgur.com/RdEsyWM.png

Unrelated: do you, by any chance, have any weird part placement glitches when doing timewarp? Like, parts shifting their position and/or clipping into the ground? Maybe parts having their position offset relative to other parts upon scene reload?

Just now, sh1pman said:

Unrelated: do you, by any chance, have any weird part placement glitches when doing timewarp? Like, parts shifting their position and/or clipping into the ground? Maybe parts having their position offset relative to other parts upon scene reload?

The only problem I have that might be similar.. is when I line up a new structure with the base, swap the base to get the kerbal for the 'linking' and get him over there.. usually the new section has moved something.. 

I have many clipped or over clipped parts and I have not seen anything odd like going into the surface or anything.

4 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

The only problem I have that might be similar.. is when I line up a new structure with the base, swap the base to get the kerbal for the 'linking' and get him over there.. usually the new section has moved something.. 

I have many clipped or over clipped parts and I have not seen anything odd like going into the surface or anything.

But no timewarp-related glitches? Ok, it must be a KIS thing then, because I see this kind of glitches all the time with my KIS-assembled bases.

Also, chemicals are used for refined exotics, do you make those?

Edited by sh1pman

1 hour ago, sh1pman said:

But no timewarp-related glitches? Ok, it must be a KIS thing then, because I see this kind of glitches all the time with my KIS-assembled bases.

Also, chemicals are used for refined exotics, do you make those?

The only issue I have with KIS, is since the update.  My kerbals don't always have access to the certain inventories.  Mainly the multihub and I have to 'board' them and then 'eva' them to be able to access the inventory from the outside.

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

@gamerscircle - what does your Kolony Inventory page look like?

@RoverDude - I have added that information to the same album [link below] ,  can you point me to the wiki location for the Inventory usage?  I ask, as I think it only shows local/active craft resources?  Also, recently when I visit each drill site.  [Occasionally, I go to drill's site to allow for the resources to 'catch up] , I have been getting a message that there is insufficient power and my drills stop running.; the reactor, it is operational and 100%, this has only just recently started to happen and only if I stay on the craft for a duration.

https://imgur.com/a/8saDv

14 hours ago, sh1pman said:

I had a weird bug where an engineer that I rescued was randomly changing professions. Sometimes without me noticing (which led to a lot of frustration afterwards). He also had a weird interaction with Final Frontier that caused a hilarious event when I couldn't exit the scene or save the game. Got really tired of all that. So one day he had an... accident involving a cargo pod landing over him, after which another engineer took his place.

Happened to me in a GPP non USI career. My scientist changed to an engineer in a lab on a space station on Niven. May be a stock issue since we run different configs.