[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

5 hours ago, Ranillon said:

I am trying to do something that should be simple, yet I can find no source or option within or without KSP that works - namely, how do I change the drill heads on the drills?  Separators are listed as options, but when I got to set them up in the VAB there is no way for me to do so - right clicking just shows that there are separator drill heads without given ANY option for altering them.  Come on - this shouldn't be this hard.  I hope somehow my version is corrupted as otherwise this aspect of this otherwise excellent MOD is seriously lacking as there is NO reason it should be this difficult to do something supposedly easy and straightforward.

Drills need to be extended to change the separator in the VAB/SPH.

Not sure if this is true for out in the field as well.

33 minutes ago, meashot7727 said:

It also added mod menus but still not material kits or habitation modules. Please help.

Do you see the part categories Kolonisation, Logistics, Manufacturing etc. in the VAB? If not, replace your version of USITools with this one.

3 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Do you see the part categories Kolonisation, Logistics, Manufacturing etc. in the VAB? If not, replace your version of USITools with this one.

It added the Manufacturing and Construction tabs. But not Kolonisation or Logistics.

Edited by meashot7727
I did what he said and it changed

Just now, sebi.zzr said:

@RoverDude,or any one else.
If i want to use only logistic part of MKS with stock parts,do i need anything else other than USI Tools?

It's a little more complex than that. You would need USITools as well as a the kontainers for local logistics and set up stock resource parts to interface with it, but for planetary logistics you would need USITools, Kontainers, KolonyTools and set up a part to act as an interface with PL.

39 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

It's a little more complex than that. You would need USITools as well as a the kontainers for local logistics and set up stock resource parts to interface with it, but for planetary logistics you would need USITools, Kontainers, KolonyTools and set up a part to act as an interface with PL.

I don't care about kontainers,since i'm going to use only stock resources and i can make all stock tanks act as ResourceWarehouse.
So what do i need,beside custom .cfgs and what KolonyTools actually do?

1 minute ago, sebi.zzr said:

I don't care about kontainers,since i'm going to use only stock resources and i can make all stock tanks act as ResourceWarehouse.
So what do i need,beside custom .cfgs and what KolonyTools actually do?

For local logistics, you would also need to add ModuleResourceConsumer to all resource-producing and -processing parts to allow them to interface with it. For Planetary Logistics, you would need to set up a part to have a ModulePlanetaryLogistics to be able to push and pull to and from PL. USITools adds the LL code, KolonyTools adds the PL code.

Hello All,

Does anyone know if I remove USI_ModuleRecycleablePart from all parts, would I still be able to salvage via Demolition Charges? I have checked the source code for both USI_ModuleRecycleablePart and USI_ModuleDemolition, and the latter does not seem to require the former. Still, I would love it if I could get some confirmation from anyone who has already tried this or from Rover Dude himself.

I am careless and I am having too many misclick accidents with the Disassemble Part button.

Alternatively, I would love it if we could have a confirmation dialog for the Disassemble Part button.

29 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

Hi all, not 100% sure where to post this but i had the usi viewing cupola appear in a rescue kerbal contract, it has no hatch and the contract could not be completed, I do have contract configurator installed as well @nightingale @RoverDude

KSP will happily strand kerbals in anything with a seat.

This may help if you do not want the added difficulty of some times needing a klaw for rescues:

1 minute ago, Terwin said:

KSP will happily strand kerbals in anything with a seat.

This may help if you do not want the added difficulty of some times needing a klaw for rescues:

Ty, been a while since i booted up ksp and couldn't remember if this was an issue or not.

6 hours ago, V3ndicity said:

I need help, I don't have all the parts that are supposed to be in this pack such as inflatables and logistics modules, does anyone know how to fix this? 

Two previously reported causes:

Did not see them: did you check all the categories?  you may need to scroll down to see all of the part categories

Bad install: Did you use CKAN or another tool to install?  try uninstalling and installing manually, this often fixes missing parts.(even if you installed manually, it dies not hurt to delete the old folder and install it again.  If it is installed correctly you should see '000_USITools' and 'UmbraSpaceIndustries' in your ksp\GameData folder)

If neither of those work, try posting a picture of the contents of your GameData folder and see if anyone can spot the problem

21 hours ago, V3ndicity said:

I need help, I don't have all the parts that are supposed to be in this pack such as inflatables and logistics modules, does anyone know how to fix this? 

You seem new here.  It's generally good to peruse the forums, especially the stickied threads before posting.

Somehow I got my heavily modded game into a bugged state with the orbital logistics.
The orbital logistics GUI was opening up blank, unusable and then refusing to close again. It was also spamming NREs.
With lots of mods I suspected mod conflict, memory issue or out-of-date mod so I took the mods out except for the USI / MKS essentials and replaced them progressively, doing sandbox tests of orbital logistics as I went along. It turned out not to be any of those.
I have made an MM patch to put orbital logistics on one of Nertea's SSPX parts and that meant I had ModuleOrbitalLogistics twice on the one vessel so maybe that is a bad thing (?) but it could equally be completely fine (i.e. untested).
I deleted the MM cache files a couple of times and that didn't seem to make any difference.
In the end I concluded that there was a problem specific to my late career (40 active vessels) save file and I got things working fine again by deleting the entire list of past TRANSFER records from inside the ScenarioOrbitalLogistics block in my persistent.sfs file. I had a local electrical power company unstable supply gift/glitch a couple of days ago which caused my BIOS to protectively stop the PC dramatically. KSP was running, maybe that was it - who knows?

Anyhow, I hope it doesn't bug out again. I know that orbital logistics will be substantially altered in the next major release so maybe not a worry but should anyone see the same symptoms; (1) back up your persistent.sfs file and then (2) deleting the TRANSFER entries might help save you a few hours of frustration.

As always, USI & MKS mods rock! Thank you @RoverDude

18 minutes ago, Katieop3 said:

Will this work with kerbalism?

No. This and many other mods rely on the stock processing mechanics. Kerbalism’s main feature (background processing) alters, i.e., breaks, the stock processing mechanics. 

Edited by Tarheel1999