[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

43 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I've also noticed that only CCK, CRP, Karbonite, Konstruction and Malemute mods are showing as updated on CKAN but there is an MKS release on GitHub.  Might the rest of MKS updates eventually make it onto CKAN?

I installed MKS 1.1.0.0 for KSP <= 1.6.9 like 2 hours ago via CKAN. Maybe you just need to refresh?

9 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I installed MKS 1.1.0.0 for KSP <= 1.6.9 like 2 hours ago via CKAN. Maybe you just need to refresh?

The solution was to include KSP v1.6.1 as compatible in CKAN.  v1.6 is insufficient.

Does anyone know what has changed, if anything?  Is this the significant change that I heard RoverDude was working on?

Edited by Brigadier

I just updated my game to 1.61 (from1.51) and updated the USI suite with it. All seems to work fine (aside from all my drills and converters in field having to be reconfigured by Kerbals on EVA, but oh well, that's done).

One issue. Many of my saved designs in the VAB have the warning "Unknown part modules". Can anybody tell me more about this? The ships still load and replacing parts in them with new ones does not seem to help remove that warning (for example, I loaded a Karibou and manually took out and replaced all Karibou parts, saved - warning still there).

53 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

The solution was to include KSP v1.6.1 as compatible in CKAN.  v1.6 is insufficient.

Does anyone know what has changed, if anything?  Is this the significant change that I heard RoverDude was working on?

there seem to have been significant backend changes, every mod that had patches for life support and colonization is broke, as well as the other usi mods like the malmute rover, asteroid recycling tech and karborite and the drills from this one. it seems like there was a change to the name of a module, should be an easy fix. i'm not actually seeing any changes however beyond that, though maybe that will change once they are fixed since it seems like theres been big changes

38 minutes ago, liTWave said:

I just updated my game to 1.61 (from1.51) and updated the USI suite with it. All seems to work fine (aside from all my drills and converters in field having to be reconfigured by Kerbals on EVA, but oh well, that's done).

That also just happened to me (a bit more of a shame for the automatic drill outpost an hour's drive from anywhere...), and also all the habitats turned off, and fully half my Kerbals became tourists.  Reactivating the hab modules helped some, but not all, and Minmus City is now going to need quite a tricky rescue operation of some kind...

That leads me to wonder - has some other variable changed, or was I using some custom setting that has now been reset?  Or something else?

2 hours ago, Blyet Nye the Soviet Guy said:

No, it's really not. That's why I asked, the whole thing is broken and that's from 2017.

Yes, it really is.  I, and many others, have used this mod without significant problems since before 2017 through several KSP versions.  Perhaps we can help diagnose your problem.  Let's start here: Have you followed these steps to reproduce the issues?

Just tryin' to help.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so thought I would bring it up. None of the inflatable parts appear to be inflatable once launched. For example, the Tundra HabRing and Expandable Habitats do not have a Deploy option outside the editor. All they show is the option to start habitat/greenhouse. Looking at the ModuleManager.configcache, the module with the deploy option is there, but it just never becomes available to use for some reason.

3 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so thought I would bring it up. None of the inflatable parts appear to be inflatable once launched. For example, the Tundra HabRing and Expandable Habitats do not have a Deploy option outside the editor. All they show is the option to start habitat/greenhouse. Looking at the ModuleManager.configcache, the module with the deploy option is there, but it just never becomes available to use for some reason.

Assuming this hasn't changed in the last couple of versions, you need to deploy them from EVA with sufficient MaterialKits and EC on board or nearby.

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

Assuming this hasn't changed in the last couple of versions, you need to deploy them from EVA with sufficient MaterialKits and EC on board or nearby.

Okay,  I see. I hadn't played KSP for over a year and back then you could deploy the inflatables without EVA.

I have the latest version of MKS/USI (1.1) with KSP 1.6.1 and have been trying to get orbital transfer working, and I seem to be having an issue - not sure what is going on.  (it seemed to be working in the last Constellation version)

(Full version of ground construction installe, KIS,  and Surface Lights - all latest version - I have tried it with just USI mods and latest module manager and it still fails)

For testing, I made three Duna Logistics modules, Alpha (by the KSP Squad monolith), Bravo (100Km circular orbit (0 inclin) Kerbin), and Charlie (at the abandoned airfield).

They are all configured the same way (storage-wise) - with Alpha being filled, B and C are empty.  Pilots and Engineers aboard (only pilot is needed for transfer - engie for PDU testing)

Fully powered, 100K Transport credits on each of them.  (yes, I know only the transmitter needs this :))

This is an example of what they look like (the other stuff in the pic is USI Stuff I'm testing out)

19wIWDn.png?1

and Charlie:

76HTkGQ.png

I start the transport of 2000 polymer Alpha to Charlie:

JWHvNCn.png

Alas, it fails -

CyneC6U.png

Notice that the polymers were deducted (Transport credits were also, but display didn't show that)

Did some other transfers to B and C - same results - LF/O and polymers. - notice that credits and resources are removed from Alpha - as if it worked)

5ISI14A.png

I am not sure why it's failing - is there a log or something that says why it failed?   - I do have the logging cheat on to track it, no errors show.

G'Day everyone.

I hope this is the right place for my questions. If not, please let me know the proper place and I will head off there.

I am a new player of the USI mods, and I am having a little difficulty with logistics. From what I have read, a Consumer module can pull material from a Warehouse module if they are no more that 150m apart. All figures quoted are at the time the vessels are supposed to be able to transfer supplies.

I have an orbital space station over Kerbin, which has an operational Tundra Pioneer and Logistics module attached with a pilot within. Also as a part of the space station is a life support tank, with 446/4500 supplies. I have launched a rocked with a 2.5m Kontainer Tank, with 4455/4500 supplies within. Both tanks are set with Local Warehouse On.

According to all I have read, when these get within 150 metres, the space station should start pulling supplies over from the supply vessel. I have had the two ships at 75m +/- 5m, and no transfers have occurred. It is obvious to me that I have missed something somewhere in my reading, but I am at a loss as to what it is that I have missed. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong, or not doing right?

Thanking everyone in advance for their time,

M13

@marauder13 the resources will be pulled when they will be needed. So when your supplies on the station will drop to 0, your Kerbals will start to use supplies from the other vessel.

You can also force the transfer by clicking the MKS icon and choosing "local logistics". There you can manage all the resources if vessels in the area.

2 hours ago, Darkherring said:

@marauder13 the resources will be pulled when they will be needed. So when your supplies on the station will drop to 0, your Kerbals will start to use supplies from the other vessel.

You can also force the transfer by clicking the MKS icon and choosing "local logistics". There you can manage all the resources if vessels in the area.

Darkherring, thank you for your reply.

I tried what you suggested with the forced transfer, but all I get when I pulled that up on the Dashboard is "No other vessels, or no crew present." This is incorrect on both counts as the space station has a crew of four and the supply vessel a crew of three. Both vessels were once again approximately 75m apart when I got that message. Nothing has changed since my last attempt just prior to posting.

Oh, I am using the 1.6.1 release of KSP, along with the 1.1.0.0 versions of the USI mods. I knew there was something I forgot to add to the original post.

Edited by marauder13
forgot stuff

1 hour ago, Athena said:

So I have a weird issue, unsure where to post it. To install this (and many other USI mods) via CKAN I have to tell CKAN to allow 1.3 compatible mods even though CKAN is saying these mods are available for 1.6.9.

Welcome to the fora (or forums).

Have you specifically added 1.6.1 to the CKAN compatibility list?

Edited by Brigadier

On 2/9/2019 at 4:19 AM, marauder13 said:

Darkherring, thank you for your reply.

I tried what you suggested with the forced transfer, but all I get when I pulled that up on the Dashboard is "No other vessels, or no crew present." This is incorrect on both counts as the space station has a crew of four and the supply vessel a crew of three. Both vessels were once again approximately 75m apart when I got that message. Nothing has changed since my last attempt just prior to posting.

Oh, I am using the 1.6.1 release of KSP, along with the 1.1.0.0 versions of the USI mods. I knew there was something I forgot to add to the original post.

i think that local logistics requires vessels to be landed

8 hours ago, lunaris69 said:

i think that local logistics requires vessels to be landed

1 hour ago, Darkherring said:

That's also what I was thinking about, but I didn't have time to check it.

Thank you both for the responses. I will set up a couple of landing missions and see if that is what will happen. Since I am relatively new to the mod, this is helping me to explore it in a more constructive manner. With this reply, I guess it is time to make a move toward base building.

9 hours ago, marauder13 said:

Thank you both for the responses. I will set up a couple of landing missions and see if that is what will happen. Since I am relatively new to the mod, this is helping me to explore it in a more constructive manner. With this reply, I guess it is time to make a move toward base building.

I tested this - in space - no transfer, landed, transfer occurs.  ( I never noticed that before, you had to be landed, when in space, I just transfer the resources using gui)

Make sure you follow the rules : The Consumer must have the LogisticsConsumer module, the Warehouse must have the ResourceWarehouse module, and they must be within range and there should be storage on both for the resource being transferred.