[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

7 hours ago, Hektos said:

I'm looking for a set of mods to build around this (well, USI in general. I've always loved all the RoverDude mods :D ) and was curious what (if any) "future tech" mods people are using with MKS?

I recently finished watching The Expanse and the Epstein Drive was really cool to me.  Is there a mod that has something like this (that also plays nicely with MKS)?

The entire Near-Future Tech line of mods by Nertea are extremely well balanced and integrated very tightly with the USI mods.  In fact, Near Future's nuclear reactor mechanics overwrite the stock-ish USI reactor mechanics and they size perfectly in between each other.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yup.. and by today/tonight I mean tonight ;) and

Sweet - making some tutorial vids with USI/MKS/LS - going through the scripts now for taping :blush:   - all the functions other than the container issue seem to be working 100% -  so yay!

6 minutes ago, RookFett said:

Sweet - making some tutorial vids with USI/MKS/LS - going through the scripts now for taping :blush:   - all the functions other than the container issue seem to be working 100% -  so yay!

Hey,

sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but where can I find the newest Firespitter mod and is it compatible with KSP 1.7.3?

[ And where can I find your new "tutorial vids with USI/MKS/LS" ? :wink: ]

4 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but where can I find the newest Firespitter mod and is it compatible with KSP 1.7.3?

[ And where can I find your new "tutorial vids with USI/MKS/LS" ? :wink: ]

It's not out yet - and the firesplitter core should be compatible with 1.7.3 -

Still working on my vids - ironing out the vids now in premier .

4 hours ago, RookFett said:

Tutorial vids are just what i need!  What's your ETA on those?

23 hours ago, Steven Typles said:

Unfortunately... this breaks my all-time favorite mod: Kerbal Space Ponies. It seems MKS only recruits Kerbonauts with "Kerman" names.

Sorry @RoverDude… You make the best mods... but I'll have to delete MKS to get my ponies back. No doubt. -_-

Edit: I actually just found a solution :lol: MKS only recruits the "Kerman"-applicants, and leaves the pony-applicants in recruit center. Editing the save file from "type=applicant" to "type=crew" fixes my problem. Welcome back MKS :lol:

You would be willing to give up a deep suite of mods that adds endless gameplay opportunities for a silly cosmetic mod because the former changes names of the kerbals? I'm sorry but- https://i.imgur.com/LEc5z.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Brigadier said:

Well, you could use CKAN and download the USI Kolonization Systems mod

Funnily enough I just check CKAN and the only USI mods there are USI Life Support and Tools.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong here...

27 minutes ago, Fizbanger said:

Funnily enough I just check CKAN and the only USI mods there are USI Life Support and Tools.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong here...

It's possible that you haven't set CKAN to see these mods as compatible with your KSP version.  What do you have selected in CKAN > Settings > Compatible KSP versions?  What's your KSP version?

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

It's possible that you haven't set CKAN to see these mods as compatible with your KSP version.  What do you have selected in CKAN > Settings > Compatible KSP versions?  What's your KSP version?

I have nothing selected in compatible KSP version.  My version is 1.7.3 with the Breaking Ground expansion.

1 hour ago, Fizbanger said:

I have nothing selected in compatible KSP version.  My version is 1.7.3 with the Breaking Ground expansion.

Try setting 1.6 as a compatible version.  Most 1.6 mods will still work in a 1.7.3 installation.

Edited by Brigadier

6 minutes ago, DStaal said:

The zip is just the source code, not the compiled mod.  (Triple-checked.)

Concur - i tried to use the two files - Release | Bin - firespitter.dll and firspitter.pdb (they are newer) - but seem to have the same error.

Hey guys, been using the USI mods for a year or two and really loving them - a huge thank you for the hours of fun!

I know MKS uses a variant of TRP-Hire, but I've noticed that TRP-Hire includes a preview of each Kerbal's name. Is there any way to enable this with MKS too?

Thanks!