[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

5 hours ago, vagabond77 said:

Hi,

I installed a fresh KSP 1.7.3 with:
- USI Kolonization Systems v1.2.0.0
- KIS
- KAS
After loading, in the log, I find these two errors:

Reveal hidden contents

[EXC 18:08:41.227] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading 002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GetAdditionalModsFromStaticMethods (IBasicLogger logger) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 18:08:59.379] [ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading 002_MultiAnimators, Version=1.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.PostPatchLoader+<Run>d__16.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

it is normal or could break the game?

I would like to integrate USI into a career that has already started and I would not do any damage.

Here there are complete logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FyaPg0V-c-7t-Hc9tDQPlvEKoTFNZZ-_

Thanks.

Your fine - those are in the full ground construction install - missing in the "core" ground construction MKS gives.  (you can get them from the ground construction zip and install them yourself - i haven't seen any issues not having that other than that error)

1 minute ago, RookFett said:

Your fine - those are in the full ground construction install - missing in the "core" ground construction MKS gives.  (you can get them from the ground construction zip and install them yourself - i haven't seen any issues not having that other than that error)

Thanks! :)

I think this might be a firespitter/community resource pack and not an mks one, but the container setup switching keeps both resources in the gui until you click off and click back on it again. https://imgur.com/a/1Aqmeg3 for images. This isn't exactly game-breaking, but makes switching containers a lot harder when the next cargo button keeps moving

16 hours ago, pudy248 said:

I think this might be a firespitter/community resource pack and not an mks one, but the container setup switching keeps both resources in the gui until you click off and click back on it again. https://imgur.com/a/1Aqmeg3 for images. This isn't exactly game-breaking, but makes switching containers a lot harder when the next cargo button keeps moving

You have to download the firesplitter fix that Roverdude posted - it will fix that issue.

Fix

For those following WOLF development news... I just submitted a PR with several balance changes that we'll likely be showing off on Twitch this Sunday. We will also probably provide another download link to the latest beta version at the end of the stream like we did in the last stream.

16 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Odd, I'm running Firespitter Core 7.13.0 installed via CKAN and it didn't fix this container switching issue for me.

remove it using ckan and re-install - Roverdude made an error in the first iteration - you might have that saved in your storage.

(if that doesn't work - remove it with ckan - then manually install using the link - see if that helps)

Trying to get the Malemute landed on the Mun- any tips for balancing it out so the thrusters don't cause it to flip over?

EDIT: Karibou, not Malemute >.<

Use the center-of-mass and center-of-thrust tools while building in the SPH/VAB to make sure the thrust is under the mass.  Make sure the fuel tanks are equal distance from the center of mass, so that it won't change as they get depleted.  Be willing to ship partial containers of Supplies/Ore/MaterialKits/etc in order to help balance.  I personally find having the engines away from the center of mass is helpful.

TCA can also help, although with the way the Karibou engines are set up they don't work very well with TCA.

Also, note that the engines generate monoprop when in use - so you can use RCS quite liberally without running out of monoprop.

17 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

For those following WOLF development news... I just submitted a PR with several balance changes that we'll likely be showing off on Twitch this Sunday. We will also probably provide another download link to the latest beta version at the end of the stream like we did in the last stream.

This is good news, well not so good because I’ll wait on it .

22 hours ago, horngeek said:

Trying to get the Malemute landed on the Mun- any tips for balancing it out so the thrusters don't cause it to flip over?

I solved it by lining up the center of thrust indicator in the VAB to make sure it was lining up to the center of mass, both when the fuel tanks were full and when I emptied them. If the center of thrust moves when the fuel is decreasing, I moved the tanks to get it balanced as best I could.

23 hours ago, horngeek said:

Try out the Throttle Controlled Avionics mod. It's a little complicated at first, but it makes all the engine balancing a breeze.

2 hours ago, JamesB84 said:

Try out the Throttle Controlled Avionics mod. It's a little complicated at first, but it makes all the engine balancing a breeze.

True - but I actually don't recommend it for the Karibou.

Basic issue is that the Karibou engines are single engines (as far as KSP is concerned) - so you typically have one engine forward and one engine rearward for a Mun landing.  TCA controls the ship entirely by throttling the different engines (hence the name...) - and two engines worth of throttle isn't enough to control a ship.  TCA can't create roll authority on a standard Karibou build, and that means that it has trouble running it's standard programs.

Balance it well, and make sure you have a control point pointing up as well as the cockpit pointing forward, and it's pretty easy to fly even without TCA.  I did my first couple of Mun landings in one.

4 hours ago, DStaal said:

True - but I actually don't recommend it for the Karibou.

Basic issue is that the Karibou engines are single engines (as far as KSP is concerned) - so you typically have one engine forward and one engine rearward for a Mun landing.  TCA controls the ship entirely by throttling the different engines (hence the name...) - and two engines worth of throttle isn't enough to control a ship.  TCA can't create roll authority on a standard Karibou build, and that means that it has trouble running it's standard programs.

Balance it well, and make sure you have a control point pointing up as well as the cockpit pointing forward, and it's pretty easy to fly even without TCA.  I did my first couple of Mun landings in one.

Unless you don't use the Karibou engines, then TCA works great! :D

As cool as the engines are I find I don't use them often.  Usually once landed I have no use for engines so rather than have a rover bogged down and larger with permanent rockets I often attach rockets to  land and then recycle them when I'm on the ground.

44 minutes ago, OmniNoc said:

Hey, is there a reason why MKS/OKS is the only incompatible mod in CKAN? Not a problem really just curious.

1) which mods do you have installed(might be a conflicting mod such as Kerbalism)

2) have you marked 1.6 as a compatible version?(ckan entry may not have been updated to reflect compatibility with the newest version)

Hello, I installed this awesome mod a few days ago and I just noticed some small bugs with the Akita rover parts.

1st: The command seat is nearly impossible to place on the core module or the platforms

2nd: The command seat doesn't have crew capacity :(

3rd: The akita wheels won't work. They are active, the motors are working, I made sure they were going all in the right direction, but the rover doesn't move an inch (brakes are off).

So basically I can only use the platforms and the core module, I have to use the stock wheels and the stock command seat to make it work.

I do have several other mods installed, but they should all be compatible. Let me know if you need my mod list.

Anybody knows a solution?

Edit: 

I was able to fix the crew capacity of the command seat:

You need to edit the .cfg file of the akita seat part.

Go in gamedata ---» UmbraSpaceIndustries--» Akita ---» Parts ---» Akita_Seat :

Then under vesseltype I just added this line : CrewCapacity = 1

I was able to make the wheels work too, you just have to rotate them in a specific way so that the axels are actually pointing downwards... just as in the other side. But you have to watch carefully the orientation as its hard to notice the difference.

Edited by spliffst4r

Hi @RoverDude,

I wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the USI mods as they add a great amount of depth to the game! Also, I like the ideas you had mentioned for Atlas and the W.O.L.F. Logistics systems. The short of it is that right now if i need to run repeat missions for my colonies I will run the mission once manually, then use MechJeb to handle running most of that similar mission after. What you mentioned about W.O.L.F. would remove the need for me to do that. I look forward to (hopefully) getting my current campaign to the point that it has a successful kolony! And may my rudder pedals stop flipping over my rockets... 

I would also like to thank everyone who has contributed to the MKS wiki, it's been a great read to help me actually understand MKS past launching things into space and hoping for the best.

Thank you all!