[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

3 hours ago, Bulio said:

Having issues with industrial refinery only showing "operational" status instead of % when activated. Doesn't process anything either. Am I doing something wrong?

KSP version, MKS version, screenshot (in the light of day), and more details please.

38 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

KSP version, MKS version, screenshot (in the light of day), and more details please.

4 industrial refineries with raw resources supplied, technicians in all, ground tether on. I've tried everything i could think of and they still don't work. I've replaced them with material processing units in the same setup and those work just fine. KSP version 1.8.1 / MKS version 1.3.0.0TZmzaNr.jpg

2 hours ago, Bulio said:

4 industrial refineries with raw resources supplied, technicians in all, ground tether on. I've tried everything i could think of and they still don't work. I've replaced them with material processing units in the same setup and those work just fine. KSP version 1.8.1 / MKS version 1.3.0.0TZmzaNr.jpg

Unfortunately I really can't provide support for older versions of the mod on older versions of KSP... not sure if someone else in the thread has any ideas.  Also a lot of mods in that list - not sure what they are or if they can be messing with anything.

8 hours ago, Bulio said:

Having issues with industrial refinery only showing "operational" status instead of % when activated. Doesn't process anything either. Am I doing something wrong?

Have you considered updating to KSP 1.11.1 and MKS 1.4?  I'm not saying that'll solve the problem but it might get you more help.  Also, consider reading the post at the link in my sig block.  Providing a log might help sort out mod incompatibilities if we can see your mod list.

How did you install your mods?  Manually or CKAN?

How does the "Auto-Repairer" decide where to move nuclear fuels? Right now it is moving any available Enriched Uranium into centrifuges from other mods instead of out of them. The Tundra Nuclear Fuel plant doesn't have any of it's own internal nuclear fuel storage, is the daily maintenance just going 'out' of any containers and 'in' to anything that isn't a container?

4 hours ago, ShakeNBake said:

How does the "Auto-Repairer" decide where to move nuclear fuels? Right now it is moving any available Enriched Uranium into centrifuges from other mods instead of out of them. The Tundra Nuclear Fuel plant doesn't have any of it's own internal nuclear fuel storage, is the daily maintenance just going 'out' of any containers and 'in' to anything that isn't a container?

what other mod?

This mod looks super cool! Honestly it was exactly what I was looking for.  (although a bit complicated) However I think it’s missing one feature. The ability to build ships on other planets/moons. Can you achieve this with the vanilla building system? I haven’t had a real play through in a while so I’m not sure. The only way I could see that being possible would be shipping in parts and then building it there. That kind of defeats the purpose of making a ship off world though. For mods I’ve found Extraplatary Launch pads and Global Construction.  What one is most compatible and integrated into this mod? Also as a side note does any one know if Probes Before Crew plays well with this mod? I only ask because I don’t want to run into issues further into the game.

47 minutes ago, cactuscrazez said:

This mod looks super cool! Honestly it was exactly what I was looking for.  (although a bit complicated) However I think it’s missing one feature. The ability to build ships on other planets/moons. Can you achieve this with the vanilla building system? I haven’t had a real play through in a while so I’m not sure. The only way I could see that being possible would be shipping in parts and then building it there. That kind of defeats the purpose of making a ship off world though. For mods I’ve found Extraplatary Launch pads and Global Construction.  What one is most compatible and integrated into this mod? Also as a side note does any one know if Probes Before Crew plays well with this mod? I only ask because I don’t want to run into issues further into the game.

you probably want to look one post above this and one post below yours.   Both orbital and ground based construction will be in the box (orbital is done, ground based is wrapping up) along with a third super awesome thing we've started design on :D

9 hours ago, RoverDude said:

you probably want to look one post above this and one post below yours.   Both orbital and ground based construction will be in the box (orbital is done, ground based is wrapping up) along with a third super awesome thing we've started design on :D

Wait the ability to build ships off world is being added into this mod? Thats awesome! If I started a game now would MKS work with my save when it gets updated? I wont be playing with Global Construction or Extraplanetary Launchpads obviously. I would assume its end game so it would be nice to have time to set up some infrastructure.  

10 hours ago, cactuscrazez said:

Also as a side note does any one know if Probes Before Crew plays well with this mod? I only ask because I don’t want to run into issues further into the game.

I use pbc and mks together, no problems.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:48 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

What exactly needs updating? It already says "1.11.x" in the thread title, which included the two latest versions of KSP (1.11.0 and 1.11.1)

The problem with Atlas modules .They have cone base , so they stay on the ground very badly . 

6 hours ago, cactuscrazez said:

Wait the ability to build ships off world is being added into this mod? Thats awesome! If I started a game now would MKS work with my save when it gets updated? I wont be playing with Global Construction or Extraplanetary Launchpads obviously. I would assume its end game so it would be nice to have time to set up some infrastructure.  

Yu sould not be the only person ding this, and I see no reason to think that MKS and WOLF infrastructure would not readily support the new parts and processes needed for off-kerbin construction.

16 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Progress on the 5m shipyard core...

image.pngimage.png

Look, I know it’s strictly verboten to bug mod developers for update timelines and release dates and so forth, but...

BUT DAMMIT ROVERDUDE, QUIT TEASING US AND GIVE US NEW TOYS!   I feel like we’re eternally stuck on December 23rd here.  The anticipation is killing me!

Love your work, dude.  I’m not at all sure why these are mods and not baked directly into the game, but you’re the king, baby.  You’re the king.

2 minutes ago, MaxPeck said:

Look, I know it’s strictly verboten to bug mod developers for update timelines and release dates and so forth, but...

BUT DAMMIT ROVERDUDE, QUIT TEASING US AND GIVE US NEW TOYS!   I feel like we’re eternally stuck on December 23rd here.  The anticipation is killing me!

Love your work, dude.  I’m not at all sure why these are mods and not baked directly into the game, but you’re the king, baby.  You’re the king.

You know, RoverDude worked on ISRU in KSP1 and he is working on KSP2 which is going to have colonization...

I would be happy but unsurprised to find a lot of very familiar functionality in KSP2 after using MKS for so long...

1 minute ago, cactuscrazez said:

Hmmm im still not 100% sure I get what WOLF is.  Does it let you gather resources and convert them in the background without actually putting a physical object down? That sounds immensely useful if thats the case. 

A bit beyond that, basically abstracts the entire resource and production chain 'plumbing' so you can focus on the more interesting end points.

2 minutes ago, cactuscrazez said:

Hmmm im still not 100% sure I get what WOLF is.  Does it let you gather resources and convert them in the background without actually putting a physical object down? That sounds immensely useful if thats the case. 

Sounds like you need to deliver a physical object to a biome, but then it 'eats' the object (makes it disappear, so the game doesn't have to calculate all its bits and bobs) and still lets you use its functionalities to gather/convert stuff