[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

2 hours ago, asgkatz said:

Whats at the top left? with solar attached?

In MKS you can have distributed bases. That's a resupply shipment containing fertilizer, material kits and machinery. The rest of the parts take what they need automatically from there.

3 hours ago, asgkatz said:

Looks nice but honestly I can't tell what half the parts are lol.

Most of them are USI parts, with a few from Universal Storage and stock bits. The base is an USI Scout landing module with the workshop, greenhouse, small Commlab and space igloo hab module attached. Just above that are probably the parts you aren't familiar with, a Universal Storage payload piece with a probe core, stock fuel cell and 3 USI recyclers. That is also where I put the power units, either nuclear or the water splitter/ power cell arrangement. The tanks are all configurable USI pieces, one big one of mat kits, one of fuel, and smaller ones with machinery, spec parts and smaller fuel tanks that are converted to chemicals and water as needed.

KoS

Hi,

I have some Biomass generation in Kerbin:Grasslands, but it is not showing up on the Depot view. The only way I can see it is if I open a Planner and create an Agriculture module in the VAB and I see Biomass going from 30(+10). Is this already known?

Using MKS 1.4.1 on 1.11.1, not using the newer Constellation version yet.

If I want to use WOLFy logistics for resources used in other mods (For example, transporting LqdHe3 from the Mun into orbit to fuel ships using engines from Far Future Tech) it seems like it's just a matter of:

• Adding the resource to HarvestableResources in wolf.cfg (Or do a MM patch)
  • Creating a MM patch to enable a hopper for that resource. 

And all the transport routes, etc should just work. Am I missing anything?

Edited by AtomicRocketBooster

Hi, everyone.  Started a new KSP game using USI.  I'm slowly learning how things work, but I'm currently running into an issue with attaching Ranger and Duna landing modules together with Flex Tubes.  My base is on Minmus, if that makes a difference (low gravity).  Whenever I attach a Flex Tube from one module to another, the linkage instantly breaks and launches one of the modules into space.  I've tried various combinations of tethering and not, as well as changing from which module I originate the connection.  I had it succeed once, but the next connection I made to a module launched that new module and I foolishly did not quick save.  I do have most of a base together, but the site is in a specific location where three biomes meet, so I have to make three separate bases out of the dozen modules I landed.  The modules I am trying to connect are the start of the second base.
Below are examples of a connection and it failing.  I'm trying to link the Duna Module to the Storage modules and the Mining modules.

Spoiler

pXVdpKL.png

OWPRD82.png

Se04eLh.png

As you can see, the last image shows the connection made, but the Tube broken off the Duna module and the Storage module slightly up in the air.

Edited by everchanging02
Clarity

6 hours ago, everchanging02 said:

Hi, everyone.  Started a new KSP game using USI.  I'm slowly learning how things work, but I'm currently running into an issue with attaching Ranger and Duna landing modules together with Flex Tubes.  My base is on Minmus, if that makes a difference (low gravity).  Whenever I attach a Flex Tube from one module to another, the linkage instantly breaks and launches one of the modules into space.

This is why flex-tubes are deprecated and RD implemented unconnected base logistics.

If you have a manned logistics module, you should have materials automatically transfer between logistics enabled containers as needed(if you have a USI consumer attached to a logistics enabled container, then it should pull from other logistics enabled containers within range any time it goes below 50%.  Kerbals are considered consumers of supplies if you are using usi-ls)

Se here for further details: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Logistics) 

9 hours ago, everchanging02 said:

Hi, everyone.  Started a new KSP game using USI.  I'm slowly learning how things work, but I'm currently running into an issue with attaching Ranger and Duna landing modules together with Flex Tubes.  My base is on Minmus, if that makes a difference (low gravity).  Whenever I attach a Flex Tube from one module to another, the linkage instantly breaks and launches one of the modules into space.  I've tried various combinations of tethering and not, as well as changing from which module I originate the connection.  I had it succeed once, but the next connection I made to a module launched that new module and I foolishly did not quick save.  I do have most of a base together, but the site is in a specific location where three biomes meet, so I have to make three separate bases out of the dozen modules I landed.  The modules I am trying to connect are the start of the second base.
Below are examples of a connection and it failing.  I'm trying to link the Duna Module to the Storage modules and the Mining modules.

As always, YMMV.

MKS is designed to not have to connect vessels together. It's a bit of a mindset change when you are designing your surface vessels to work together for the first time and learning how logistics work. You can make some very cool bases that are completely self sufficient without a single connection. It's complicated, and you have to get things right, but the journey is a lot of fun and occasionally, you can enjoy a sunset.

4NatAZC.png

On 3/24/2021 at 5:11 PM, AtomicRocketBooster said:

If I want to use WOLFy logistics for resources used in other mods (For example, transporting LqdHe3 from the Mun into orbit to fuel ships using engines from Far Future Tech) it seems like it's just a matter of:

• Adding the resource to HarvestableResources in wolf.cfg (Or do a MM patch)
  • Creating a MM patch to enable a hopper for that resource. 

And all the transport routes, etc should just work. Am I missing anything?

You would also need to patch the WOLF harvesters with a recipe to pull from HarvestableResources into a matching WOLF depot resource. Also, if the resource you want doesn't exist naturally, then you would need to add a recipe to the WOLF refinery or extractor to convert the raw resource into the refined version. And as you said, you'd need a patch for hoppers to output the "real" resource.

Hello, I wanted to know that there are no lights in "new" modules like: MKS 'Atlas' Kerbitat and agriculture modules. Is it supposed to be like that or do I need to update the mod in order to get modules lit up??

Currently running on KSP v1.10.1

Mod version 1.4.1

Edited by Dhruv

3 hours ago, Dhruv said:

Hello, I wanted to know that there are no lights in "new" modules like: MKS 'Atlas' Kerbitat and agriculture modules. Is it supposed to be like that or do I need to update the mod in order to get modules lit up??

Currently running on KSP v1.10.1

Mod version 1.4.1

Maybe because the whole mod constellation has been going through lots of upgrades and so forth and not everything is 100% done?  Have you looked at the latest constellation pre-release?  It was just updated 15 days ago.

Hello i have a question. There are the wolf en atlas parts but i don't now how wolf works. I would like to have some idea of how wolf works.  And i have another question do you need specialized parts for building with the new shipyard?

On 3/28/2021 at 2:30 AM, goldenpsp said:

Maybe because the whole mod constellation has been going through lots of upgrades and so forth and not everything is 100% done?  Have you looked at the latest constellation pre-release?  It was just updated 15 days ago.

I've checked the pre-release and it still doesn't work!

1 hour ago, Dhruv said:

I've checked the pre-release and it still doesn't work!

Given that there are still white parts in that pre-release, lights are incredibly low on the priority list - there's a lot going on right now.

30 minutes ago, Plomie said:

Hello roverdude do you need machinery for the new shipyard to work? Another question do you need specialized parts to build ships with the new shipyard

Nope, machinery consumption is an MKS converter thing.   As for ship construction, required resources vary.  You need MatKits for mass, and Specialized Parts, Robotics, etc. to handle cost.

Hey @roverdude:

Love the mod, as always. One very minor ask regarding the Wolf Biome Survey. Is it possible to allow the Science slider to be slid further down, to like 10 (or even zero, for that matter)?

I like playing with tech trees and science settings that make you really work for advancement, And, even with the wolf biome survey science reduced down to 100, it still adds 2600 science between Mun and Minmus, which is balance breaking for me.

And yes, I know that I can always just not survey the biomes, since I'm not setting up Wolf routes at this stage of the game, but I'm going to be including a Surface Scanning Module on some of my vessels anyway to locate good mining spots for ISRU refuelling, and it's less than ideal to have that button there taunting my science completionism and having to not click it because it breaks balance.

1 hour ago, 256 said:

Hey @roverdude:

Love the mod, as always. One very minor ask regarding the Wolf Biome Survey. Is it possible to allow the Science slider to be slid further down, to like 10 (or even zero, for that matter)?

I like playing with tech trees and science settings that make you really work for advancement, And, even with the wolf biome survey science reduced down to 100, it still adds 2600 science between Mun and Minmus, which is balance breaking for me.

And yes, I know that I can always just not survey the biomes, since I'm not setting up Wolf routes at this stage of the game, but I'm going to be including a Surface Scanning Module on some of my vessels anyway to locate good mining spots for ISRU refuelling, and it's less than ideal to have that button there taunting my science completionism and having to not click it because it breaks balance.

Best bet is always a Pull Request.  Second best bet is a Github issue :)

I'm running into the issue of not being able to deploy any of the MKS parts, in the VAB they come pre-deployed and there is no way, either in VAB or outside, to undo that. Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fu6IxL2HXY8JmbwWxjS_dJ53y_8MmSgp/view?usp=sharing

If anybody knows a fix or has the time to look at it, that'd be greatly appreciated!