[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

As I said, I use the same version as you without problems, so maybe it's something else...

But now I'm doubting myself. PL is still in the pre release right? Not really using it anymore.

edit2: it sure is there in my pre release on 1.11.2

Edited by modus

So I wanted to test the orbital logistics before I send a mission fully reliant on it and I built a little test base. But when I clicked the new transfer button, and error is thrown in the log and nothing happens:

zuDHrhv.png

The error is "Exception: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array". I'm not sure if this is supposed to be happening since WOLF parts are now standard, but I would like to keep the original way of planetary and orbital logistics.

Here is my KSP log if it's needed:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x54QkgWVh6Nyg9xJJ2R_o377hpIux9N4/view?usp=sharing

so I notice something strange in KSP 1.12.1 - using [still] the standard production MKS; that could be the problem, but I wanted to make sure this is a known issue/known compatibility issue so if it needs fixing in the next release, it can be:

** the wheels are *possessed*.  Like... literally behave like something out of the Exorcist.

Explanation - I made a Karibou rover with the Karibou modular wheels and was driving it around.  after a couple of seconds, any wheels that have steering unlocked start... steering.  Uncommanded and uncontrollably.  The wheels rotate 360 degrees around the vertical axis which is physically impossible (like peoples' necks in the Exorcist) and the whole thing is undriveable.  Stock wheels work but they're super weak, the brakes are garbage, and they're underpowered.  I have used Karibou rovers a lot in the past and not seen this;  I'm also seeing similar behavior with the Malemute parts.

So, is this a known issue and I should just be patient or does this require further debugging/investigation?

i tried to download MKS for 1.12.1 and when the game starts loading and their are the pictures and the bar at the bottom, it gets to the lightbulbs in MKS and the progress bar just stops or it just will do the bug where the taskbar gets stuck on loading part upgrades

i have tried aswell on 1.11.2 and it does the same issue but with the part upgrade glitch

pls help as this mod seems really good

54 minutes ago, planeticegaming said:

i tried to download MKS for 1.12.1 and when the game starts loading and their are the pictures and the bar at the bottom, it gets to the lightbulbs in MKS and the progress bar just stops or it just will do the bug where the taskbar gets stuck on loading part upgrades

i have tried aswell on 1.11.2 and it does the same issue but with the part upgrade glitch

pls help as this mod seems really good

You aren't on the most current build, then, that problem has been sorted.

Try this one: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/releases/tag/1.4.1

Or this one with extra goodies  https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/tree/master/FOR_RELEASE

If, for some weird reason, you try the 1.4 or 1.4.1 versions of MKS and it still hangs up on the light globe, simply searching for and deleting that parts .cfg in GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/parts/LightGlobe.cfg is a simple hack to get you started. I've used the 1.4.1 version of MKS going back to KSP 1.10, though, without any difficulties with the light globe.

KoS

Edited by Kerbals_of_Steel

26 minutes ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

You aren't on the most current build, then, that problem has been sorted.

Try this one: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/releases/tag/1.4.1

Or this one with extra goodies  https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/tree/master/FOR_RELEASE

If, for some weird reason, you try the 1.4 or 1.4.1 versions of MKS and it still hangs up on the light globe, simply searching for and deleting that parts .cfg in GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/parts/LightGlobe.cfg is a simple hack to get you started. I've used the 1.4.4 version of MKS going back to KSP 1.10, though, without any difficulties with the light globe.

KoS

cool thanks works now (had to delete the light globe cfg file)

Edited by planeticegaming

4 hours ago, planeticegaming said:

is there a mod that adds IVA's for these parts as they are great looking parts but no iva's or if there are they are command pods

@RoverDudepls add IVA for the parts that are unique as the parts look really good but no iva's pls just make some 

@RoverDude loves pull requests.  If you have ever seen any of his past twitch streams making IVA's you'd see they are very tedious and time consuming.  I think I can safely say from past experience that they are not his favorite things to do.  I wouldn't hold your breath as any IVA's are going to be way down at the bottom of the todo list.

1 hour ago, Kalessin1 said:

Hello guy's. Can anyone advice me what I did wrong because my Industrial Strip Miner and Miner 500 has only 1 separator?

Nothing. The multiple separators were ditched during the last big update, since the stock thermal system is so janky. Some of the documentation has been updated, but there is a lot of text to go through, so parts of the wiki aren't quite up to snuff at the moment.

KoS

53 minutes ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

Nothing. The multiple separators were ditched during the last big update, since the stock thermal system is so janky. Some of the documentation has been updated, but there is a lot of text to go through, so parts of the wiki aren't quite up to snuff at the moment.

KoS

Stock thermal is not janky - just folks were not reading the instructions ;) - killed it to mitigate support questions.  

5 hours ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

Fair enough. I've had enough issues with reactors, ect, overheating during catch-up that I look at the whole system with a side-eye.

KoS

That's still just a matter of proper cooling and config value settings (and how much bleedthrough you want).   Most of the MKS stuff, for example, is due a revamp - basically relying more on core heat and removing most of the bleedthrough for reactors for example.

I don't know if this is a known issue, or if my installation is screwed up, but I have the Constellation 2021.03.12.01 release installed, and there is a part with the same model as the WOLF Transport Computer that appears to be missing its localization information. Is this part important? Is it a dupe of the TC? 

Looking in the file at GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\WOLF\Localization\en-us.cfg, I don't see any entries for #autoLOC_USI_WOLF_CONNECTOR_PART_TITLE (or the #autoLOC_USI_WOLF_CONNECTOR_PART_DESCRIPTION or the #autoLOC_USI_WOLF_CONNECTOR_PARTMODULE_INFO)

The file that contains these references is GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\WOLF\Parts\ConnectorModule.cfg

VAA5REq.png

Works fine - the MKS parts don't interact with system heart on any way. You might get weird behavior where radiators "double dip" and radiate for both SH and non-SH parts.

I really like the level of depth system heat offers compared to stock thermal, so I've looked into patching MKS a bit already. I don't think it's  possible with just a MM patch (There's some conversation between @Nertea and @RoverDude in the System Heat thread to this effect)

However, seems like there might be some movement here on creating a compatibility DLL in this post from @Nertea

This is just what I've gleaned from perusing github and reading through forum posts - the relevant mod authors would be able to speak more authoritatively.

Edited by AtomicRocketBooster
more up-to-date link referencing 5.0 changelog

On 8/2/2021 at 10:58 AM, AtomicRocketBooster said:

Works fine - the MKS parts don't interact with system heart on any way. You might get weird behavior where radiators "double dip" and radiate for both SH and non-SH parts.

I really like the level of depth system heat offers compared to stock thermal, so I've looked into patching MKS a bit already. I don't think it's  possible with just a MM patch (There's some conversation between @Nertea and @RoverDude in the System Heat thread to this effect)

However, seems like there might be some movement here on creating a compatibility DLL in this post from @Nertea

This is just what I've gleaned from perusing github and reading through forum posts - the relevant mod authors would be able to speak more authoritatively.

It is now completely and functionally possible, I just don't intend to do this work myself (generate patches) as I don't know MKS well enough to understand how best to develop them. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:18 PM, Nertea said:

It is now completely and functionally possible, I just don't intend to do this work myself (generate patches) as I don't know MKS well enough to understand how best to develop them. 

Are there docs anywhere for these new modules besides what's in the source code? I might take a stab at it in 3-4 weeks if no one else has done it by then. 

Edited by AtomicRocketBooster

12 minutes ago, AtomicRocketBooster said:

Are there docs anywhere for these new modules besides what's in the source code? I might take a stab at it in 3-4 weeks if no one else has done it by then. 

Just a heads up... we are moving away from accepting PRs into the USI repos that add functionality for non-USI mods. Things like this should really be their own mods (even if they're just a collection of ModuleManager patches) with their own forum threads for discussion and support. Feel free to hop into the dev-talk channel on the USI Discord server if you decide to tackle this project and have questions about how we do converters, drills, etc.

35 minutes ago, AtomicRocketBooster said:

Not really, the comments in the code should pretty much explain the required fields. Feel free to discuss in the SH thread if you try. 

I have a question about this mod.

Personally I find that the launchpad textures from EPL  are very outdated looking so somebody pointed out to me that this mod has much better launchpads, so I wanted to know if there is a way to download just the launchpads and orbital construction dock parts without the need for the rest of this mod as I don't have the patience as of yet to figure out the rest of this mod.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Just now, Basesixty said:

I have a question about this mod.

Personally I find that the launchpad textures from EPL  are very outdated looking so somebody pointed out to me that this mod has much better launchpads, so I wanted to know if there is a way to download just the launchpads and orbital construction dock parts without the need for the rest of this mod as I don't have the patience as of yet to figure out the rest of this mod.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Do some Module Manager magic and prune what you don't want.

1 hour ago, Basesixty said:

Ok I'll try that, thanks!

Would I get the same effect from just deleting the parts manually except the ones I want?

Technically, yes. The parts won't show up in the game if you delete their configs, textures etc, but that is the not-so-elegant solution, especially if you accidentally delete some important files.