[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 hour ago, DiegoKeys said:

Hi,

please can you explain better this solution? When creating a route with transport computer how a refuelling in orbit affect the transport credit?

Many thanks

The route is based on mass, as you lose mass, the cost (transport) goes up.   So a multistage will shed more mass, causing it to increase the cost to get to orbit.

A spaceplane will only lose mass as it burns fuel, so if you replenish it in orbit before completing the route. it will add that mass back, making the cost go down.

Been sandboxing the bleeding edge MKS/USI stuff, and after setting up a crew route between KSC and Shores, I cannot get the PAW crew transfer window to open.

What is suppose to open when you click that?  anybody have it working - can you share a screenshot?

I have cargo routes up and running - but the crew transfer is just sitting there, not working - I put in kerbs, but they do not transfer.  (zero cost routes using electric rovers) - but I did make one route (1 TC) to see if that changes something -- it did not.

(this is running only hyperedit, USI, and vessel mover mods)

2 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Hi,

please can you explain better this solution? When creating a route with transport computer how a refuelling in orbit affect the transport credit?

Many thanks

If you are able to restore your vessel to 100+% of it's Launch Mass(1) then your transport-credit cost will be zero

I generally do this with fuel depots in orbit(but be sure not to set your departure depot when docked or else your costs will be based on the total docked mass), or ISRU when landed.

Note: I am not on the development version, but RD said that this is a desired behavior if you have the infrastructure in place to handle refueling at your destination.  This also supports solar powered rovers between landed biomes.

(1) The vessel mass when you set your departure depot.  I believe that there is a very small margin (0.1 or 0.01 tons)  below which differences are ignored. 

2 hours ago, Terwin said:

If you are able to restore your vessel to 100+% of it's Launch Mass(1) then your transport-credit cost will be zero

I generally do this with fuel depots in orbit(but be sure not to set your departure depot when docked or else your costs will be based on the total docked mass), or ISRU when landed.

Note: I am not on the development version, but RD said that this is a desired behavior if you have the infrastructure in place to handle refueling at your destination.  This also supports solar powered rovers between landed biomes.

(1) The vessel mass when you set your departure depot.  I believe that there is a very small margin (0.1 or 0.01 tons)  below which differences are ignored. 

Ok, I tried this solution:

1) Connected to origin depot on KSC biome

2) Launch in orbit the vessel with a WOLF cargo container (Payload 15) in orbit

3) docked with a refuel ship a put in orbit. I noticed that the transport computer says 0 as "Route payload" after docking (it was 15)

3) Restored all the fuel consumed so far. The Transport Computer says 0 as "Route Cost"

4) Undocked from refuel ship, but when I click on "Connect to destination depot" following message appear:

"The vessel is too small to establish a transport route"

Something went wrong on step 3 as the payload disappeared. What I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Hi,

Many thanks

I am not on the latest version, but on an earlier version and from what I have heard from RD, refueling should allow reducing the TC cost to zero for single stage vessels.

I suspect the loss of transport capacity due to docking to refuel would be a bug, but I am not an authority on this.

18 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Hi,

Many thanks

The cost of the route derives fron the difference in mass from launch to finish of the route. If you refuel your ship you reduce the cost. Or you could justo use hyperedit and fill It up. Just your decission.

Edited by Tacombel
Already explained

20 hours ago, RookFett said:

So I cant get the wolf terminal window open - suspect a bug, so I opened a ticket at github.     (Saw a null ref in the log about crew transfer)

Cant transfer crew -  :huh:

but cargo is working as intended.

Same for me, I click the button but nothing appears

Moreover, I can't setup a complete route for crew. Starting terminal at KSC is recognized by Transport computer and route start but destination terminal (on Minmus) is not recognized. The ship is on the same biome of the terminal on Minmus and they are close but trasport computer says that there is no terminal within 500 m. Has anyone encountered this issue?

2 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Moreover, I can't setup a complete route for crew. Starting terminal at KSC is recognized by Transport computer and route start but destination terminal (on Minmus) is not recognized. The ship is on the same biome of the terminal on Minmus and they are close but trasport computer says that there is no terminal within 500 m. Has anyone encountered this issue?

That occurs for me.   If I start the route in shores first then move to KSC - it works most of the time.    But sometimes it says the error.

I haven’t found a pattern to this one, yet.

looking into the save file - I can see the routes set up for crew, but since I can’t open the crew transfer menu, can’t move them.

only error i see is the crew module null reference in the log.

Edited by RookFett

On 9/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, DiegoKeys said:

I did some more testing - 

initial setup:

Setup 4 depots - KSC, Shores, Flats, LKO.

initially setup cargo routes first.

KSC connects to shores and LKO.

Shores connects to flats.

LKO connects to flats.

I used hyperedit / vessel mover to move stuff around, so this will make all routes zero cost.

used the cargo routes to add habitation and life support to all depots for the crew terminals.

Then I tried to setup 

once I connected the terminal to the depot, if I tried immediately to start a route, I will get the error as you state.  

however, if I save and exit to main menu, and go back into game, I can now start the pax route.

It did this for every route I made.  I stumbled on this because I was exiting to the main menu screen to look at the save file - and it worked.  Btw the save file did show the terminal I was trying to connect to, but again, had to reload the save to see that terminal, speculating something is not reading in real time.

I did not try to change scenes during this - this may let it read that you have terminal in the biome.          Found if you switch scenes between connecting the terminal to the depot and trying to start a route will allow you to start the route, and you wont see the error of a terminal not in 500 m.    

With all that, still can’t get the terminal crew menu to pop up from the terminal PAW, and the save shows the crew routes as boarding.  Which prevents actually moving crew.

In the Wolf dashboard, there is a button for Crew in the Depot tab, but nothing appears for it to show anything.

running pre-release constellation with bleeding edge MKS, with latest version of module manager, hyperedit, vessel mover.

errors seen is the null ref in KSC.log about the crew module.   

Saw that this was reported in April - so I closed my ticket - awaiting fix...

will be writing up another trouble ticket on the “can’t connect” error  - all ready have one in for the PAW menu

Edited by RookFett
More data - and updated symptoms.

Hey, is there a Constellation download somewhere with all the latest bleeding edge stuff, or do I need to pull all the individual repo releases?  I looked here: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases but only saw an unstable release 28 days ago, and it looks like several of the repos have bleeding edge releases from 3 days ago (with some Jenkins stuff in it - is there a build server somewhere with nightly builds on it?)

1 hour ago, ProgorMatic said:

Hey, is there a Constellation download somewhere with all the latest bleeding edge stuff, or do I need to pull all the individual repo releases?  I looked here: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases but only saw an unstable release 28 days ago, and it looks like several of the repos have bleeding edge releases from 3 days ago (with some Jenkins stuff in it - is there a build server somewhere with nightly builds on it?)

If your subscribe to the repo, you get emails on the updates: 112.0.1-bleeding edge 1  - but only MKS is updated in this release, the pre-release you found is the full USI package.

Edited by RookFett

25 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Yeah, sadly the fix is not really straight forward - will take a bit of time to get them all sorted out, going mod by mod.

Any news on the Crew Transfer menu not showing when trying to transfer crew?   Getting Nulls in the log.  :0.0:

9 hours ago, modus said:

on 12.2? Never had that issue on that version.

Running all the pre-release/cutting edge programs - i am a testing fool.

KSP is 12.2  - only mods are hyperedit, vessel mover.

Wolf version is 112.0 - 2021.09.19

Can't seem to get the Crew Transfer menu to open - and the Null reference is showing in the KSP.log about WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnDestroy.    

Edited by RookFett
More data - and updated symptoms.

19 hours ago, RookFett said:

Running all the pre-release/cutting edge programs - i am a testing fool.

KSP is 12.2  - only mods are hyperedit, vessel mover.

Wolf version is 112.0 - 2021.09.19

Can't seem to get the Crew Transfer menu to open - and the Null reference is showing in the KSP.log about WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnDestroy.    

Same issue for me

Running KSP 12.2 with only MKS mod

tried with both "v112.0.0" and "v112.0.1-bleeding-edge.1" MKS releases. The button "Show terminal window" doesn's show anything.

Am I missing some dependencies?

Thanks

3 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Same issue for me

Running KSP 12.2 with only MKS mod

tried with both "v112.0.0" and "v112.0.1-bleeding-edge.1" MKS releases. The button "Show terminal window" doesn's show anything.

Am I missing some dependencies?

Thanks

I don't believe so - since there are no errors suggesting that.   

going to try to some more troubleshooting - been logging what I have been doing, so not much left.

No Joy - Fresh copy of KSP 12.2, steam validated.  V112.0 and V112.0.1 bleeding MKS used - only MKS/USI/Vessel mover mods installed.   Still getting Null  Ref WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnDestroy  and (OnAwake).

I did everything I can think of - still cant get crew transfer menu to show up.

Made three depots, shores, KSC, Orbit.

Setup a crew transfer between KSC and Shores - 2 pax each way - zero cost.      Used the Wolf Terminals 10m - with power, put Kerbs in the terminal, click the PAW menu for crew transfer, nothing pops up.  Null Ref shows when I had troubleshooting turned on in the cheat menu (log errors to screen).    Check of the logs shows the same error I have been seeing.

BTW - part of my testing was to see if having zero cost routes was causing the issue, it is not, even routes with transport costs will cause the menu not to show.

Here are my Log Files from my last play test.   Guess I will wait till either @RoverDude or @DoktorKrogg have anything to say about this - I might be pulling the wrong version or something - not sure.

Is anyone using the new Wolf stuff have this working?  if so, what versions of MKS are you using?    

Edited by RookFett
added log files

1 hour ago, modus said:

@RookFettIs the crew transfer button (the plane thing) on the toolbar working? Or is that what you mean by 'the PAW menu for crew transfer'?

Just trying to understand your problem.

I do not see a plane icon on the toolbar, just the Wolf icon.  (which works for other Wolfie things).    On the Part access window (PAW) - there is a button for "Wolf Crew Terminal" - "Show Crew Terminal"

Wolf Issue Screenshot

Do you have this working?   Can you share a screenshot of the plane thing your seeing?

10 hours ago, modus said:

the one in the latest pre-release (112.0.0), in the previous prerelease (the one from march) it also worked.

Sadly, I tried it again, fresh, clean, validated (steam) install of KSP 12.2, and the March version of Constellation 2021.03.12.01, and I did not see that button, and still have the NRE on crew.transfer.   (No other mods)

I moved up to the Unstable release of 112.00 Constellation (UmbraSpaceIndustries_112.0.0.zip), same results.

Then I just went with the MKS updates - first Unstable Release 112.00 (MKS_112.0.0.zip) - same issue - then on to Unstable release 112.0.1-bleeding-edge.1 (MKS_112.0.1-bleeding edge.1.zip).

I can see the Logistics button when it's needed - and that works, as do the Wolf cargo routes, just cant do crew.

I even dropped back to 12.1 KSP - and ran through each of the above - same problem.

The only thing I have not changed was my computer - so I tried running this test on another computer to see if I get the same error.   I get the error.  

At a loss why this is not working, this isn't the first time I have been playing with KSP mods, never had an issue like this that couldn't be resolved by going vanilla and just putting the latest mod in play.

Going to poke around some more - maybe something will shake out.

If you could - what do you have on the screen when you see the crew transfer button - is it there before you create crew routes? 

I ask because the Logistics transfer window only shows if their is something that allows transfers (like a rover and my base).

Thanks for your help BTW -