[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

46 minutes ago, LTQ90 said:

Just a suggestion : try to delete the module manager files in the gamedata directory. Except the dll one of course.

Yup - that's part of my mod install, switching mods, or updating them, I normally make it re-build it.   

15 hours ago, RookFett said:

Thanks for your help @modus - still don't know how yours is working - guess it's a mystery :D - only thing I can figure one of your other mods is making it kick off - but I am not going to ask you to make a separate install with just MKS bleeding edge and see if it still works...   or did I just do that?  :cool:

Yeah it sure is a mystery. I never had any problems with it, not with this version or the previous prerelease. I wonder if @RoverDudehas a clue what is going on here?

I'll see with I can do tonight or tomorrow night :P

11 minutes ago, modus said:

Yeah it sure is a mystery. I never had any problems with it, not with this version or the previous prerelease. I wonder if @RoverDudehas a clue what is going on here?

I'll see with I can do tonight or tomorrow night :P

tbh, none.  Would take some digging.  Just tough when it's a non-repro issue.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

tbh, none.  Would take some digging.  Just tough when it's a non-repro issue.

I agree.  I would of thought changing computers would at least change something if it was outside conflicting, but that even failed.

As I have some free time during the day, I’m still poking the bear - and willing to be a test bed for more testing,  I like that feeling when the problem is finally solved.

I was thinking of running on a striped down VM - maybe something will flip?

2 hours ago, RookFett said:

I agree.  I would of thought changing computers would at least change something if it was outside conflicting, but that even failed.

I tried fresh installs on both C and D drives yesterday, still the same....never seeing the plane icon on the toolbar and nothing happening with the terminal window button. 

Was wondering for those that have this working....does the plane icon always show on the toolbar or only after a route has been created? Thought that maybe my saved game was corrupted in some way, created a new sandbox save but still not seeing the icon. 

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

@RookFett / @modus - is this also the case when you both do clean USI only installs with new saves?

Because if so, I'd be at the point where I'd just ask for two zips of both of your gamedata folders and save folders, and do a BeyondCompare on them because someone has something off.

Cant speak for @modus but mine is a fresh install and clean USI constellation from March - with new sandbox game.

I will do a Zip and upload it to the cloud - Just KSP 12.2 and the March Constellation installed with a Default sandbox save and no other mods.

I have tried just using the MKS pre-releases only (one at a time) - same result - very perplexing.

What is really weird is that Modus has tons of mods, and his MKS crew xfer works - but my only MKS mod with KSP is NULL.   I would think the opposite would be true - but the BeyondCompare may point to something I am missing.

1 hour ago, modus said:

Will try a clean test tonight (or maybe tomorrow).

What I also want to know, @RookFett do you use/keep the entire USI suite when you download the prerelease ? Or do you delete certain mods (I do)?

I  keep all the functions of USI/MKS ,  I didn't know you did that.  Will have to test that scenario to the functions you noted - that may be the conflict I am seeing and your not.

I also used another computer (5th) to test - that only had windows 10 on it - no other things, and had the same NULL - whatever this is - it's exquisite in it's ability to hide from my poking.   :)

And my VM test failed the same...  

1 hour ago, modus said:

I don't use ART, Exppack, Karbonite (and K+), Orion, Soundingrockets, srvpack, warpdrive. (not 100% sure that's all of them, can't check right now)

I just tried removing everything from the UmbraSpaceIndustries except for MKS, USICore, and WOLF, starting a new sandbox game, launching a command module....same results, no little plane icon. 

This is really starting to feel like it's something beyond KSP. Operating system? Security issue? .Net installation?  

Well - I removed the USI functions you listed @modus - same Null.    I also went through removing more, till I was left with just Wolf (just in the USI folder - keep all the other folders needed),  same Null.  (this was using the March Constellation  2021.03.12.01)

(fresh KSP 1.12.2 with removal of MM configs each time).

@RoverDudein the zip file, do you require the squad and squadexpansion folder to be included, or just everything else?

5 minutes ago, Parmenio said:

I just tried removing everything from the UmbraSpaceIndustries except for MKS, USICore, and WOLF, starting a new sandbox game, launching a command module....same results, no little plane icon. 

This is really starting to feel like it's something beyond KSP. Operating system? Security issue? .Net installation?  

I went through two different OS's - shut off security issues, I am up to date on .net, and tried different computer builds (AMD and Intel), clean install of Win 10, with nothing else on it - KSP runs great - just see the error.

If it is something else, not sure what it could be.  The error only pops up on WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario, everything else Wolfie works, and KSP works as expected.

more poking - or tickling the dragon - will be fun once this is found!

k so first test: a copy of my clean 12.2 (so no new download) with only VxuoFBY.png

All of this is copied from my regular KSP 12.2 folder (the 'working' one). So this is the 112 unstable prerelease.

Started a new sandbox and launched a pod.

I see...NO transfer icon!! dVLt1kh.png

Next I fired up my regular KSP 12.2 and started a new sandbox.

I see...NO transfer icon?! This is weird because in my career I'm very sure -although I'm starting to doubt myself- that 1) the icon was always there en 2) I have not a single crew transfer route (of that I'm 100% sure).

So I then cheated a bit and created both some cargo and crew transport depots and routes, but no transfer icon.

When I open my career save, the icon is there, even at the ksc: tNxvJMd.png

So yeah I'm super confused right now. My guess is that the transfer icon wasn't always there and that I did something during my career that enabled it?

This is only getting stranger.:rolleyes:

oh no!  more variables....  yikes...

I wonder if it's tied to career somehow - and in sandbox you cant see it.

will test that now.

Cheated my way in a career mode - same null..  dang it.

Edited by RookFett
updated results

4 hours ago, modus said:

I tested in all game modes, never saw the icon.

Man this is so strange:confused:

Are you seeing the Null in your ksp.log about crew transfer?  (it is also in the player.log)

This is disappointing - I was hoping your install would shed light on this - no it tosses more into chaos.     But - this is the way of troubleshooting.    I have some more free time to poke this today - but I am running out of things to try.

Does anyone else reading this have Wolf Crew Transfer working?  if so - chime up, so we can see what you did right to get it working.

quick question: is ground construction still integrated with the current v1.4.1 installed via CKAN ? There are some contradictory statements in the wiki about it being there and not anymore. Do i need to download Global Construction? It does not seem to be a dependency when downloading MKS via CKAN.

14 minutes ago, g_BonE said:

quick question: is ground construction still integrated with the current v1.4.1 installed via CKAN ? There are some contradictory statements in the wiki about it being there and not anymore. Do i need to download Global Construction? It does not seem to be a dependency when downloading MKS via CKAN.

We deprecated bundling GC.

4 hours ago, RookFett said:

Are you seeing the Null in your ksp.log about crew transfer?  (it is also in the player.log)

I'll check that later - maybe. I don't have much time the coming nights, just want to play the game:P (Doesn't mean I don't want to help you anymore ofcourse!)

edit: now that I think about it, I do have the log from the install where I tested first. And sure enough:

Spoiler

[EXC 20:42:39.800] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnDestroy () (at <56dbd5394934483d88370a763cc33fa7>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    ScenarioRunner:OnGameSceneLoadRequested(GameScenes)
    EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
    HighLogic:SetLoadSceneEventsAndFlags(GameScenes, Boolean)
    HighLogic:LoadScene(GameScenes)
    EditorDriver:StartEditor(EditorFacility)
    VehicleAssemblyBuilding:OnClicked()
    SpaceCenterBuilding:EnterBuilding()
    SpaceCenterBuilding:OnLeftClick()
    <OnMouseTap>d__49:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Spoiler

EXC 20:42:54.839] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnAwake () (at <56dbd5394934483d88370a763cc33fa7>:0)
    ScenarioModule.Awake () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    ScenarioRunner:AddModule(String)
    ScenarioRunner:AddModule(ConfigNode)
    ProtoScenarioModule:Load(ScenarioRunner)
    ScenarioRunner:LoadModules(List`1)
    ScenarioRunner:SetProtoModules(List`1)
    Game:Load()
    FlightDriver:Start()

Spoiler

[EXC 20:45:13.304] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnDestroy () (at <56dbd5394934483d88370a763cc33fa7>:0)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

4 hours ago, RookFett said:

This is disappointing - I was hoping your install would shed light on this - no it tosses more into chaos.   

Yeah it was kind of a letdown;.; I really hoped it would have been clear in what scenario (which mods and so on) it worked and where not.
It was frustrating to see that the scenario where it actually works seems to be the exception instead of vice versa. I must have done something in my career to get it working. But what? whaaaaaaaaaat?

Edited by modus

33 minutes ago, g_BonE said:

Okay thanks. What are the current alternatives within MKS then? Is Sandcastle going to be supported? Is EPL viable as it was supported before?

The model is to use Konstruction (which is bundled).  Orbital is done, ground based is in testing.  As for other options, I have no idea what sandcastle is.   But since we don't directly conflict with any mod, you're free to use what you want - you just won't have as seamless an integration path as going natively with Konstruction.