[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

4 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

I just pushed out new pre-release versions of MKS and UmbraSpaceIndustries (formerly known as Constellation)

Does this include fixing the bug where the passenger transfer app isn't showing up? I can get the resource transfer window but can't open the Terminal window, so have no idea how to go about transferring passengers other than to stick them in a spacecraft and fly them to where they're going (this is after adding habitation, life support, and getting the terminal to stay anchored in KSC and not just disappear)

Looks like the 3.75m Crew Cargo Kontainer is supposed to be fixed, I'll download the bleeding edge and check it out.

Edited by JamesonKerbal

8 hours ago, JamesonKerbal said:

Does this include fixing the bug where the passenger transfer app isn't showing up? I can get the resource transfer window but can't open the Terminal window, so have no idea how to go about transferring passengers other than to stick them in a spacecraft and fly them to where they're going (this is after adding habitation, life support, and getting the terminal to stay anchored in KSC and not just disappear)

Looks like the 3.75m Crew Cargo Kontainer is supposed to be fixed, I'll download the bleeding edge and check it out.

This was fixed in Bleeding edge 2 of MKS.

12 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

I just pushed out new pre-release versions of MKS and UmbraSpaceIndustries (formerly known as Constellation) with a couple bug fixes and to also fix the missing CommunityResourcePack folder. ModuleManager version has also been updated.

I've always been slightly confused but this is just maintaining my sorry state:P.  Does the USI repo contain the MKS repo??

19 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I've always been slightly confused but this is just maintaining my sorry state:P.  Does the USI repo contain the MKS repo??

Understandable. There are a lot of different GitHub repos under the USI umbrella and we've also made a bunch of changes recently to facilitate an automated build process. There is also UmbraSpaceIndustries the GitHub organization as well as a repo called UmbraSpaceIndustries (that used to be called Constellation).

So... the UmbraSpaceIndustries repo is meant to be a one-stop shop just like Constellation was. If you want all the USI mods, just download the latest release from the UmbraSpaceIndustries repo and you're good to go. That said, there are no longer any copies of the plugins or assets in that repo. So if you wanted to browse the contents of say FOR_RELEASE/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS directly on GitHub, you'll only find those files in the MKS repo now. (Or at least that will be the case once we nuke the old master branch from each repo and make the branch called main the new default branch).

13 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

I just pushed out new pre-release versions of MKS and UmbraSpaceIndustries

Since installing this last version, no longer seeing Karbonite or Karborundum in the ScanSat resource dropdown. 

edit: Actually, Karbonite and Karborundum are missing as minable resources. The MKS logistic tanks can still be selected for them, but all my drills are showing as "nothing to harvest". 

WOLF side is good, still showing both as being Harvestable Resources and able to pull from WOLF depots with hoppers. 

Edited by Parmenio

23 minutes ago, Parmenio said:

Since installing this last version, no longer seeing Karbonite or Karborundum in the ScanSat resource dropdown. 

Looks like there may have been some changes to Karbonite that our build system didn't pick up. I just pushed a new standalone release of Karbonite out (https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/releases). Give that a try and let me know if it fixes your problem or not. If not, then it may be a CRP issue.

44 minutes ago, DoktorKrogg said:

Looks like there may have been some changes to Karbonite that our build system didn't pick up. I just pushed a new standalone release of Karbonite out (https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/releases). Give that a try and let me know if it fixes your problem or not. If not, then it may be a CRP issue.

And if that fails ping me and I'll take a look!

2 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

There are a lot of different GitHub repos under the USI umbrella and we've also made a bunch of changes recently to facilitate an automated build process. There is also UmbraSpaceIndustries the GitHub organization as well as a repo called UmbraSpaceIndustries (that used to be called Constellation).

Understood.  So, USI BE 2 contains MKS BE 3?

2 hours ago, DoktorKrogg said:

That said, there are no longer any copies of the plugins or assets in that repo [USI formerly Constellation]

Ahh...nope, you lost me, again :confused:.  It sounds as if the USI (formerly Constellation) repo doesn't contain everything needed to be up-to-date with the BE series.

1 hour ago, DoktorKrogg said:

Give that a try and let me know if it fixes your problem or not.

Karbonite now appears to be working properly. But, still same problems with Karborundum....not showing on ScanSat maps and K+ drills show no material. 

However...thank you for the quick response on this. 

2 hours ago, Parmenio said:

Karbonite now appears to be working properly. But, still same problems with Karborundum....not showing on ScanSat maps and K+ drills show no material. 

However...thank you for the quick response on this. 

Good deal - Karborundum I am working on :)

17 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Understood.  So, USI BE 2 contains MKS BE 3?

Ahh...nope, you lost me, again :confused:.  It sounds as if the USI (formerly Constellation) repo doesn't contain everything needed to be up-to-date with the BE series.

The goal moving forward is to keep all releases in sync. So if we make a change or update to MKS, we'll push out a new MKS release and a new UmbraSpaceIndustries release at the same time. That hasn't always been the case in the past. Explaining the nuts and bolts of how we're doing that, what source code lives where now, etc. is a more complex discussion probably better had over on Discord than here on the forums. Feel free to drop a question in the #dev-talk channel on the USI Discord server if you want a more in-depth explanation of what all we've changed recently and why. :)

New problem I'm trying to solve: when I deploy a 3.5m WOLF Terminal on a cradle, it enters a state of being perpetually crashing. I can't switch to the KSC scene and the pause menu's buttons are all orange (ie: "you'll revert to the most recent save game"). If I manage to switch to another vehicle, the terminal will end up disappearing when I change scenes because it's "crashing" and the game reaps it (since there was apparently no debris from a 0m/s collision with the ground from 0m altitude).

Any idea what might cause this?

1 hour ago, JamesonKerbal said:

New problem I'm trying to solve: when I deploy a 3.5m WOLF Terminal on a cradle, it enters a state of being perpetually crashing. I can't switch to the KSC scene and the pause menu's buttons are all orange (ie: "you'll revert to the most recent save game"). If I manage to switch to another vehicle, the terminal will end up disappearing when I change scenes because it's "crashing" and the game reaps it (since there was apparently no debris from a 0m/s collision with the ground from 0m altitude).

Zero, sorry.  Rebuild the craft maybe?

57 minutes ago, Noctua said:

Nice does this work with RO in 1.8.1?

Unknown, maybe someone else has done this with RO?

3 hours ago, JamesonKerbal said:

I've had this kind of bug happen occasionally with other craft (not WOLF related). I especially see this often on the launchpad itself. What you can try is go into the cheat menu and set position. KSP will then ease the craft to the ground, hopefully without crashing it this time. 

On 10/30/2021 at 7:44 PM, ockidj said:

I seem to be missing the agricultural support module. Is this a known thing? I am on 1.12, on the latest github builds.

I'm running the latest build and have the agricultural support module. It's under the Manufacturing tab in the VAB. Researched with Resource Exploitation in the research tree. 

Eh, for some reason I just couldn't get any USI thingy to behave. I'd probably attribute it to multiple copies of thingys within the downloads. Everytime when I'd try to load KSP when I redownloaded the USI-Stuff, It wouldn't load. So instead I turned to Snacks! and an inflatable station parts mod ran by linuxgurugamer. The thing I'm going to miss most is the Salamander. Dude, I love that pod.

Think I discovered a minor bug with WOLF cargo. Appears that, if you stop a WOLF hopper but don't disconnect from depot, then stop the WOLF transfer for that material, then restart the hopper, the resource will still be transported. 

22 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Eh, for some reason I just couldn't get any USI thingy to behave. I'd probably attribute it to multiple copies of thingys within the downloads. Everytime when I'd try to load KSP when I redownloaded the USI-Stuff, It wouldn't load. So instead I turned to Snacks! and an inflatable station parts mod ran by linuxgurugamer. The thing I'm going to miss most is the Salamander. Dude, I love that pod.

Hey, it's your game, and you should play it however you wish, but I would highly recommend figuring out what's wrong with your USI install. With the EVA construction addition  and WOLF, KSP is an entirely new game to me.  For the first time, feel like I have an actual colony established on Minmus instead of a bunch of parts scattered across  the surface. 

3 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

You most likely did not install it correctly, which is easy to mess up. Hard to tell which part you got wrong without knowing more details though.

There was a version of the KSPedia bundle and IIRC of the lightglobe part in older versions of MKS that tended to hang KSP on load. If you installed via CKAN this may be the cause (though I thought this was already fixed in 1.4, dunno) - in any case USI mods should currently not be installed via CKAN but rather you need to install the latest pre-release versions from Github as these have many more bugfixes and new features.

22 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

You most likely did not install it correctly, which is easy to mess up. Hard to tell which part you got wrong without knowing more details though.

There was a version of the KSPedia bundle and IIRC of the lightglobe part in older versions of MKS that tended to hang KSP on load. If you installed via CKAN this may be the cause (though I thought this was already fixed in 1.4, dunno) - in any case USI mods should currently not be installed via CKAN but rather you need to install the latest pre-release versions from Github as these have many more bugfixes and new features.

Okay, I'll try that this weekend. 

I think one of the issues is that windows doesn't want me to have duplicate files.

After reading this thread (searched on "swap") and the wiki, I still don't know what resources are required to swap a drill head.  My engineer is standing right next to an MEU-100A.  Right click just says deploy or disassemble.  I'm guessing I need some kind of resource, but have no idea what it/they would be...  if this is written down somewhere, please point me at it.  Bleeding Edge.

Found this...  is there any documentation on this sort of thing or is the cfg the way to go?

MODULE
    {
        name = USI_SwapController
        typeName = Separator
        ResourceCosts = SpecializedParts,1,MaterialKits,5,ElectricCharge,5