[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Just now, Kazvan said:

:( I haven't played for a few month and I am afraid I don't know what to do.

Do you mean KIS is no longer a current mod? Thanks!

Meaning KAS/KIS are no longer supported (everything in the USI ecosystem uses stock inventory).

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

If you're referring to KSP2, his NDA will prevent him from saying anything.   If you're referring to another game, my apologies.

I assume @dlrk means the other game I noted that @DoktorKrogg and I are working on in the release post earlier in the thread, in which case no NDAs (yet!).  Short version - 3X (Explore/Expand/Exploit - no Exterminating!) with adorable robots and other shenanigans.    I've been doing some modeling streams and there's a ton of work going on in the background :)

14 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I assume @dlrk means the other game I noted that @DoktorKrogg and I are working on in the release post earlier in the thread, in which case no NDAs (yet!).  Short version - 3X (Explore/Expand/Exploit - no Exterminating!) with adorable robots and other shenanigans.    I've been doing some modeling streams and there's a ton of work going on in the background :)

You are correct thats what I was referring to! Sounds like a really great game!

@BrigadierThere is no reason to play lawyer

Edited by dlrk

4 hours ago, dlrk said:

There is no reason to play lawyer

Agreed.  Had you been referring to KSP 2 (and a few people have already tried to cloak their questions regarding "...the other game"), I would have simply been repeating what RoverDude has said many times.  Just trying to help out.:)

I was mistaken in your intent.

50 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Agreed.  Had you been referring to KSP 2 (and a few people have already tried to cloak their questions regarding "...the other game"), I would have simply been repeating what RoverDude has said many times.  Just trying to help out.:)

I was mistaken in your intent.

Yep - NDA for KSP2 is still very much there ;)  All good!

28 minutes ago, modus said:

That's far from the latest version (and it doesn't have the Konstructor) , you can find the latest at https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/releases.

If you want more/all USI mods you can look at https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases/tag/v2022.5.29

Well thanks for letting me know! I guess CKAN was a bit out of date. 

Talking about KF-250 KonFabricator... is there any way you can construct a part that has a larger volume than 1200 L?
I tried attaching  a Storage Kontainer (16000 L), but I am unable to indicate / set as favorite inventory.

Hey, after lurking for years, I'm actually trying to set up my first real production chain but am confused about the efficiency to weigh ratio of the different manufacturing buildings. The Tundra assembly plant can make a total of 534.6 MaterialKits/day and weighs 3.4 tons. The Atlas factory can make a total of 881 Kits/day and weighs 53 tons. The Ranger Workshop can make 604 kits/day but only weighs 1.9 tons. Is the output/weight ratio of these buildings simply unbalanced, or am I missing some nuance to the intended gameplay? Thank you, can't wait to get this things set up on Minmus!

26 minutes ago, jestermaximus said:

Hey, after lurking for years, I'm actually trying to set up my first real production chain but am confused about the efficiency to weigh ratio of the different manufacturing buildings. The Tundra assembly plant can make a total of 534.6 MaterialKits/day and weighs 3.4 tons. The Atlas factory can make a total of 881 Kits/day and weighs 53 tons. The Ranger Workshop can make 604 kits/day but only weighs 1.9 tons. Is the output/weight ratio of these buildings simply unbalanced, or am I missing some nuance to the intended gameplay? Thank you, can't wait to get this things set up on Minmus!

Atlas has the bonus to build Material Kits directly from the base materials without any intervening steps, integrating the weight of multiple refineries that must also be accounted for, at the expense of extreme weight and bulk.  Tundra is the most compact and most suited for orbital use. Ranger is easiest to deploy, but requires additional Material kits and Machinery before it can actually be used (increasing the total weight and cost dramatically).

Make sure that you are comparing each of them in a ready-to-run configuration, inflated and with maximum machinery, before drawing any real conclusions.

KoS

19 minutes ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

Atlas has the bonus to build Material Kits directly from the base materials without any intervening steps, integrating the weight of multiple refineries that must also be accounted for, at the expense of extreme weight and bulk.  Tundra is the most compact and most suited for orbital use. Ranger is easiest to deploy, but requires additional Material kits and Machinery before it can actually be used (increasing the total weight and cost dramatically).

Make sure that you are comparing each of them in a ready-to-run configuration, inflated and with maximum machinery, before drawing any real conclusions.

KoS

Thank you for the info! I can't believe I missed that about the Atlas :blush2:. That makes a lot of sense, thank you! I'm redesigning my base around the Atlas factory now!

8 hours ago, jestermaximus said:

Thank you for the info! I can't believe I missed that about the Atlas :blush2:. That makes a lot of sense, thank you! I'm redesigning my base around the Atlas factory now!

One minor quirk to the Atlas system: It has an option to include a Recycling center to turn used up Machinery into Metal, Polymers, ect. The quirk is that you now can't use the Atlas to turn those back into Material Kits (and thence to Machinery), because the Atlas MK converter doesn't use those refined substances :/. The best work around I've found is to attach a Ranger workshop to the Atlas, along with all the types of storage needed, and then use the initial run of Atlas MK's to bring it into operation. You can then set one Bay of the Atlas to work breaking down recyclables and use the Ranger to build Material Kits from the scraps.

Atlas can use refined materials like Metals/Chemicals/Polymers to make some more advanced  stuff like Robotics or Alloys, but so far I haven't used enough of them on-site to make a dent in the stockpile left by routine use of the Recycler.

Hello, I have a quick question about the Karibou rover wheels (I see the other thread was closed and it was bundled into MKS). Im on KSP v1.12.3 and am using the bundled MKS (UmbraSpaceIndustries_2022.5.29) with all the MKS mods. The wheels steering seems to be not working correctly for me. If I make a Karibou rover with a few storage bays and attach the wheels, they seem to rotate all the way around and my rover goes sideways and they take a long time to automatically reset to the normal straight direction. They also don't want to turn when the rover is moving, I have to stop it, turn the wheels a tiny bit, move, stop, straighten wheels, move again. Am I just operating them wrong?