[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

I don't ;)  MKS was built with full support for disconnected bases.  So stuff shares within 150m for most stuff, longer distances for others.

Cool, but it's pretty annoying that when I want to check all my Kerbals' life support statuses that there's about 5 billion vessels to check.

22 minutes ago, BravoAlpha101st said:

Cool, but it's pretty annoying that when I want to check all my Kerbals' life support statuses that there's about 5 billion vessels to check.

Crew capabilities are also shared - so you're free to move them into the hab modules for your base so you have less to check.  Also if you have 5 billion vessels in the save, you probably have other issues :)

23 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Crew capabilities are also shared - so you're free to move them into the hab modules for your base so you have less to check.  Also if you have 5 billion vessels in the save, you probably have other issues :)

So apparently there's no option to deploy the Ranger Hab Module in flight or with action groups and is only possible to be deployed in the editor, is this intended? Here's my log just in case:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_IeGjH82n4gxV8iPa7KlgIX9AwnrvScG/view?usp=share_link

Nevermind, just had to send Bill out and it deployed

And apparently the Habitation Modules use more than 8000 MatKits, since i deployed one and only had 987 MatKits left after having 16000 MatKits.

Edited by BravoAlpha101st

On 5/14/2023 at 1:12 AM, BravoAlpha101st said:

How does everyone seem to get their base all connected with multiple launches? When I do it, my modules are all over the place, not connected. How do people do this??

For my connected bases there are a few way's I've done it: Adding modules using sky cranes , adding modules using ground based cranes(rovers with KAS winches to lift and move parts), and orbital assembly(connecting modules in orbit then landing them, only works with carefully designed bases)

On 5/23/2023 at 8:26 AM, Zmeya said:

For my connected bases there are a few way's I've done it: Adding modules using sky cranes , adding modules using ground based cranes(rovers with KAS winches to lift and move parts), and orbital assembly(connecting modules in orbit then landing them, only works with carefully designed bases)

I add modules with skycranes but my base isnt all connected, how do i do that?

On 5/26/2023 at 2:21 AM, BravoAlpha101st said:

I know, but how do I get my base connected? What connection parts do I use?

You can use EVA Construction or KAS to pick up and attach parts like you were inside the SPH. Depending on which system you use, you need to consider local gravity (stock only) and how many kerbals are nearby (in order to lift a part or vessel with given mass). Also, depending on the offworld construction mod you use, if any, you may have the option and a means to spawn your new base segments and have them attached instantly.

• 2 weeks later...

To the dev: Thanks a bunch for this mod, it's great

To the community:

Are anyone else familiar with a bug where Kontainers net a fairly huge negative  value when recovered on Kerbin? (see picature link)

Are things working as intended? Are there any fixes?

I've had a few thoughts regarding the problem:

• Things might be working as intended, and the penalty is incurred because the pod landed far from KSC (though this seems wrong, as it should only reduce the value by a percentage, as stated in the screenshot)
  • The problem is unrelated to USI, cuz I've seen other bug reports from stock KSP with this issue
  • There might be a simple way to fix a value in a file or something, and I'd much rather prefer doing that, than arbitrarily rewarding myself cash

Thanks in advance to anyone who might help, or even just respond with the same issue.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/adDkXGuP1xdqJu2dA

3 hours ago, goat_of_ages said:

Are anyone else familiar with a bug where Kontainers net a fairly huge negative  value when recovered on Kerbin? (see picature link)

I believe this is an issue with the core game but there is a mod that can fix it.  Look earlier in this thread for the details

23 minutes ago, Terwin said:

I believe this is an issue with the core game but there is a mod that can fix it.  Look earlier in this thread for the details

Thanks a lot, Terwin. I went looking and found a solution:

Install KSP Community Fixes. That solved it. Glad I was pointed to it, sounds like a great fix to have installed.

Im trying to make my own mod that integrates into MKS, for that I also want to make a Tundra series part that supports the new type of converter option I plan to add, but to do that I need to know what the font used on the tXX files (in UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets, for example t42) is, so I can write the name of the type of part while staying in the same style. I tried using a couple online font identification tools, but all of them only gave out paywalled fonts that I wasnt even fully sure were the correct ones.
Can anybody here tell me what that font is?

1 hour ago, Dragonking said:

If you are referring to the contents of the files, I am pretty sure that they are in plaintext and do not have any font information present. 

They are also format sensitive, so if you are using a document editor(like Word) as opposed to a text editor(such as notepad), then you will be adding extraneous formatting information(like fonts) that will likely break the file.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the in-game font, I expect that RD is just using the ksp default font, so you should not need to specify it anywhere.

Finally, if you are referring to a file that you opened up with weird non-text information in it, then you probably opened a binary file, and those are not things you should be trying to edit directly, instead you should be editing the source code, then recompiling them from there.

---

Ok, I just took a look at t42, and that is a binary file.  you cannot edit that, and if you successfully save any changes to the file you might well break your entire KSP install.

Everything you can edit shold be in .cfg files such as mks/parts/MKS_Processor125.cfg

note: editing the config for the 1.25m processor(file listed above) should let you add a new process option for that part, same with the 2.5m and 3.75m configs

---

If you really wan to know the 'font' it would be hexidecimal, and you would need to use a hexidecimal(or 'Hex') editor.  I would strongly recommend against this however as a binary file is basically one giant number with nothing human readable or editable in the file.

Edited by Terwin

If you are referring to the contents of the files, I am pretty sure that they are in plaintext and do not have any font information present. 

They are also format sensitive, so if you are using a document editor(like Word) as opposed to a text editor(such as notepad), then you will be adding extraneous formatting information(like fonts) that will likely break the file.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the in-game font, I expect that RD is just using the ksp default font, so you should not need to specify it anywhere.

Finally, if you are referring to a file that you opened up with weird non-text information in it, then you probably opened a binary file, and those are not things you should be trying to edit directly, instead you should be editing the source code, then recompiling them from there.

---

Ok, I just took a look at t42, and that is a binary file.  you cannot edit that, and if you successfully save any changes to the file you might well break your entire KSP install.

Everything you can edit shold be in .cfg files such as mks/parts/MKS_Processor125.cfg

note: editing the config for the 1.25m processor(file listed above) should let you add a new process option for that part, same with the 2.5m and 3.75m configs

---

If you really wan to know the 'font' it would be hexidecimal, and you would need to use a hexidecimal(or 'Hex') editor.  I would strongly recommend against this however as a binary file is basically one giant number with nothing human readable or editable in the file.

You completely misunderstood me, I was referring to this image:
TIHNkV1.png
These are used on the sides of Tundra series modules to show what type of module it is, I already have a mostly working .cfg for the new part, i just want to fix this little visual thing,because currently it says something different on the side of the module than what it actually is, so i just duplicated one of the images and threw it in photoshop to make a different one, but I do not have the font that is used for the letters and numbers here, and I need that to make my own image to fit into this series, and as I said I cannot find the font that was used here.

19 hours ago, Dragonking said:

Im trying to make my own mod that integrates into MKS, for that I also want to make a Tundra series part that supports the new type of converter option I plan to add, but to do that I need to know what the font used on the tXX files (in UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets, for example t42) is, so I can write the name of the type of part while staying in the same style. I tried using a couple online font identification tools, but all of them only gave out paywalled fonts that I wasnt even fully sure were the correct ones.

tbh.. I don't even remember.  Those were done a very long time ago.

The documentation for orbital shipyards mentions using logistics to load consumables onto newly constructed vessels, is this current?  I ask because I consistently see the no vessels nearby message while the shipyard is in orbit.

This is release 112.0.1 from May 2022.

Edited by test_do_not_use

23 hours ago, test_do_not_use said:

The documentation for orbital shipyards mentions using logistics to load consumables onto newly constructed vessels, is this current?

Yes. New ships will be spawned outside 200m, maximum transfer range is 250m. If you're spawning a new ship and don't get the ability to transfer consumables using the logistics window, there's something wrong.

1 hour ago, JamesonKerbal said:

Yes. New ships will be spawned outside 200m, maximum transfer range is 250m. If you're spawning a new ship and don't get the ability to transfer consumables using the logistics window, there's something wrong.

Do you initiate the transfer from the Kolonization Dashboard on the toolbar, as you would while landed?  Under Local Logistics?

Edited by test_do_not_use

I think this might be bug or something, but why is there an option for Enriched Uranium in the WOLF Refinery Module however there is no option to harvest Uraninite in either of the Bulk Harvesters. Am I missing something or is this really a bug? 

The "disassemble part" option shows up when I right click a kerbal while on EVA with another kerbal. Is there a way to hide or suppress this so I don't accidentally disassemble a kerbal?

How do I start a Wolf crew route? I have a ship with the 2.5m crew container, but the transport computer says the "ship is too small" to start a route. What am I missing?

[edit] Nevermind, KSPCF had hidden the "crew" connect-to-depot button and I was clicking the wrong one...

On 6/27/2023 at 11:43 PM, dlrk said:

The "disassemble part" option shows up when I right click a kerbal while on EVA with another kerbal. Is there a way to hide or suppress this so I don't accidentally disassemble a kerbal?

That used to be a bug years ago but it got fixed by excluding the "KerbalEVA" module. So either you have an ancient version or some other mod messes with that module. Look for ScrapParts.cfg, the first line should have "!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]".

Edited by jd284