[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

so I tried using the 3.75m cradle on some of the round base components (as pictured above).. when I launched it on the launchpad it started.. sliding all over the place, even with the ground tether attached.  what did I do wrong there, is there a secret to attaching those things properly...?

16 hours ago, ss8913 said:

so I tried using the 3.75m cradle on some of the round base components (as pictured above).. when I launched it on the launchpad it started.. sliding all over the place, even with the ground tether attached.  what did I do wrong there, is there a secret to attaching those things properly...?

Does it shimmy with the legs retracted or extended? Else try tying it down with KAS ground anchors.

5 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Does it shimmy with the legs retracted or extended? Else try tying it down with KAS ground anchors.

can't get the legs to extend at all.. the animation starts, then abruptly stops and resets.  In VAB/SPH too even, as it turns out.  Should be noted that I'm still using 1.3.0, not 1.3.1.

Edited by ss8913

16 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

can't get the legs to extend at all.. the animation starts, then abruptly stops and resets.  In VAB/SPH too even, as it turns out.

This has certainly been a bug for a while, since I get in my 1.2.2 save too. Take this over to the Konstruction thread or open a github issue.

12 minutes ago, 1990eam said:

Is this compatible with 1.3.1? My game is crashing upon launch on a clean install with this mod.

Hmm. The OP hasn't been updated to say 1.3.1. There has not been a post announcing a new version. So I'm pretty sure that would be no.

Love this mod been using it for a while now,  edited the config of "inflatable" modules to use 1/4 of the material kits and added the need for compressed air to deploy them seems a bit more realistic, but to simple then had the idea of adding the need for oxygen, nitrogen, helium, hydrogen, argon etc... but been to lazy to try and calculate the internal volume of each module to make proportions of gases right. Also thought of adding "air" losses due to docking of ships kerbals breathing etc.. as well as adding an air recycler like tac Ls has I'd love to have this be part of the mod but it would be a bit of a stretch and I'd guess there would be a good number of people who would be to confused by the whole thing. One last thought was modifying the tundra expandable Habitat to start at the size of a small fuel tank proportionate to its diamiter when deflated that then expands out to keep sleeker designs instead of flying up logs and trying to maneuver them in to tight spaces to make efficient use of space and not have large gaps or the ranger Hab Modules floating in space. Just a few of the ideas I had. 

Thank you you for all your awesome mods that make KSP so enjoyable!

1 hour ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

Love this mod been using it for a while now,  edited the config of "inflatable" modules to use 1/4 of the material kits and added the need for compressed air to deploy them seems a bit more realistic, but to simple then had the idea of adding the need for oxygen, nitrogen, helium, hydrogen, argon etc... but been to lazy to try and calculate the internal volume of each module to make proportions of gases right. Also thought of adding "air" losses due to docking of ships kerbals breathing etc.. as well as adding an air recycler like tac Ls has I'd love to have this be part of the mod but it would be a bit of a stretch and I'd guess there would be a good number of people who would be to confused by the whole thing. One last thought was modifying the tundra expandable Habitat to start at the size of a small fuel tank proportionate to its diamiter when deflated that then expands out to keep sleeker designs instead of flying up logs and trying to maneuver them in to tight spaces to make efficient use of space and not have large gaps or the ranger Hab Modules floating in space. Just a few of the ideas I had. 

Thank you you for all your awesome mods that make KSP so enjoyable!

The modules are not balloons - they are expandable.  The MatKit requirement makes sure they are balanced with similar modules.  Think of the Matkits as all of the internal bulkheads, equipment, etc.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

The modules are not balloons - they are expandable.  The MatKit requirement makes sure they are balanced with similar modules.  Think of the Matkits as all of the internal bulkheads, equipment, etc.

I get that that's why I left some on there. They are the tables, chairs, containers, sciencey stuff. I Just see the air as part of the expansion process yes kinda like a ballon to help push out the module as well as add breathing air for the onboard crew. I got the idea well looking into the Bigalow modules, most of the material for the module would already be in place before launch but then how do they expand the module? Well they pressurize it with compressed air. Plus there is the air lock module but no actual air it just adds to the realism that is why I thought of air losses due to needing to pressurize the air lock when entered before entering the the rest of the station or base. There would be a pump system to draw the air back out when leaving but some would remain so there would be a miniscule loss that over time would deplete the available supply.

Edited by MoarBoostersRUS

On 10/6/2017 at 3:11 PM, voicey99 said:

This has certainly been a bug for a while, since I get in my 1.2.2 save too. Take this over to the Konstruction thread or open a github issue.

it seems like the problem is the default deploy limit is 100 for each leg.  if you change that, the legs extend.

Also had a few questions. 

1. Is there a easy way to add hab functions to stock capsules other than just copying and paste the hab function from a module and adding it to the stock part config?

2. Is there a way to edit the chances of what type of kolonist as well as what level they are found at when rescuing them? Instead of doing save file editing. 

@MoarBoostersRUS - Feel free to do whatever you wish in your own game, just understand that it drastically unbalances the part and is not the design intent (and may or may not have some unintended consequences, so no support).

7 hours ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

Also had a few questions. 

1. Is there a easy way to add hab functions to stock capsules other than just copying and paste the hab function from a module and adding it to the stock part config?

2. Is there a way to edit the chances of what type of kolonist as well as what level they are found at when rescuing them? Instead of doing save file editing. 

1.  All stock capsules already have this worked into their crew capacity, same with hitchhiker and cupola (i.e. this is already done for you).

2.  Not without a code change.

Is there any way to move parts into MKS categories, or remove MKS parts from stock categories? In particular, I was hoping to unclutter Utility a bit by moving all the drills and converters into Manufacturing. That doesn't look like a CCK category, so I tried this MM patch, with no effect:

@Part[MKS_Drill_*]:FINAL
{
  @category = Manufacturing
}

How could I move these parts?

22 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Hmm. The OP hasn't been updated to say 1.3.1. There has not been a post announcing a new version. So I'm pretty sure that would be no.

There is now a new release. There is a little more discussion in the USI Life Support thread. It seems the existing release was expected to be compatible (maybe it only crashes on Linux?). Fast turnaround after it was reported.

2 minutes ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

Had a feeling this was the case. My game doesn't wana give me free biologist, did over 100 rescues still haven't got one  :sticktongue:

Biologists are a dime a dozen anyway. Why bother rescuing one

14 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Biologists are a dime a dozen anyway. Why bother rescuing one

Save on funds and leveling time. I've been playing on hard mode. Start with 0 funds and only get 50% science, funds and rep so an odd free biologist here and there would save a bit but just have to get bases goin and produce'n goods to make up for it.

@RoverDude - Several of the part categories fail to show up for me in the VAB using the latest release from GitHub.  The parts (and their nodes) show in the R&D building's tech tree.  This is in a new instance of KSP 1.3.1 with only USI mods and dependencies added.  Log file is linked with NullRefs starting at line 40687 on calls to KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer.AddCustomSubcategoryFilter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g07djezm23db6lh/output_log.txt?dl=0

Having an issue with the new 0.53.0.0 The kolonization, manufacturing, construction, etc. tabs added with MKS are now absent, meaning I can't find the colony modules unless I delve into the advanced filters which is kind of a pain. I have KIS, KAS, FTT, Feline Rovers, Malemute, Planetary Base Systems, all installed on a fresh install of ksp. Probably a simple fix if somebody could point it out for me.

unsure if this is a big impact, but you might find that useful:

[WRN 22:33:17.908] Could not create PartResource of type 'ReplacementParts
[ERR 22:33:17.911] Module ModuleResourceConverter_USI threw during OnLoad: System.FormatException: Unknown char: .
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ResourceRatio.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

latest release of MKS/USI package, KSP 1.3.1 (Linux)