[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

In addition to all the other bugs surrounding the Karibou, the wheels (when under a lot of stress e.g. carrying cargo on Eve), start to jump and judder around to make the thing completely uncontrollable. Observe.

IpQKdUA.gif

Is this a stock bug with no workaround, or does the bug lie with the Karibou wheels?

3 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I can confirm that sstu labs was deleting the mks parts, I removed the sstu folder and they appeared

You may want to invest in a mouse for scrolling.  Both threads have people who posted fixes to your problem that weren't necessary quotes of your post.  It would save you from lots of unnecessary replies.  They even make really nice wireless ones so you don't have to deal with that pesky wire :sticktongue:

Just now, goldenpsp said:

You may want to invest in a mouse for scrolling.  Both threads have people who posted fixes to your problem that weren't necessary quotes of your post.  It would save you from lots of unnecessary replies.  They even make really nice wireless ones so you don't have to deal with that pesky wire :sticktongue:

I do have a mouse, just not using it right now as someone else who's trackpad is dead is

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I do have a mouse, just not using it right now as someone else who's trackpad is dead is

Lack of apparent humor aside, take the next 5 minutes and reply less and read more.  Both in this thread and the SSTU thread a fix to your problem was posted 3 and 6 hours ago, respectively.  Would have saved you tons of time and trouble.

And maybe let the other guy buy his own mouse.

1 minute ago, goldenpsp said:

Lack of apparent humor aside, take the next 5 minutes and reply less and read more.  Both in this thread and the SSTU thread a fix to your problem was posted 3 and 6 hours ago, respectively.  Would have saved you tons of time and trouble.

And maybe let the other guy buy his own mouse.

the other guy is my sister, and yes I saw the fix

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

In addition to all the other bugs surrounding the Karibou, the wheels (when under a lot of stress e.g. carrying cargo on Eve), start to jump and judder around to make the thing completely uncontrollable. Observe.

IpQKdUA.gif

Is this a stock bug with no workaround, or does the bug lie with the Karibou wheels?

Stock bug. Affects all kinds of wheels, stock and modded. The higher the gravity, the heavier the vehicle and the more wheels it has, the more likely that this bug appears.  No workaround, aside from scrapping some wheels and hoping for the best.

It also happened to my PAL rover on Eve:

Edited by sh1pman

2 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Is there a way to prevent repaint button from repainting all symmetry kontainers? I have 4 large kontainers on my station built with  radial symmetry. I can not change each kontainer resource type individually, only all 4 of them, which is not very convenient.

Unfortunately not. You can detach and reattach them with KIS or edit the individual kontainers in the savefile.

53 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Unfortunately not. You can detach and reattach them with KIS or edit the individual kontainers in the savefile.

Thanks for the suggestion. Reattaching the kontainer via KIS did the trick.

On a related note: are there any tow cables in KSP? Reattaching those konainers requires multiple kerbals on EVA.

Just now, Mine_Turtle said:

On a related note: are there any tow cables in KSP? Reattaching those konainers requires multiple kerbals on EVA.

Tow cables? KAS has some winches, if that's what you mean, though you still need multiple kerbals to pick it up and attach it. You might be able to use construction ports from Konstruction (which can connect and then delete themselves, attaching the docked vessels together), but they can be a pain in the ass to connect and align.

21 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Tow cables? KAS has some winches, if that's what you mean, though you still need multiple kerbals to pick it up and attach it. You might be able to use construction ports from Konstruction (which can connect and then delete themselves, attaching the docked vessels together), but they can be a pain in the ass to connect and align.

I think the Konstruction forklift part acts as a KAS multiplier.  A Kerbal driving the a cart with a forklift can move 5 ton parts.

Is there any information yet about the requirements to deploy the upcoming new huge base parts?

I think Roverdude mentioned that they need high enough Kolonization scores. How high are we talking and which score(s)?

Just curious if I need to make a special effort to raise my scores (they're mostly between 150 - 180%).

4 hours ago, tsaven said:

I think the Konstruction forklift part acts as a KAS multiplier.  A Kerbal driving the a cart with a forklift can move 5 ton parts.

It does, along with some other parts

4 hours ago, jd284 said:

Is there any information yet about the requirements to deploy the upcoming new huge base parts?

I think Roverdude mentioned that they need high enough Kolonization scores. How high are we talking and which score(s)?

Just curious if I need to make a special effort to raise my scores (they're mostly between 150 - 180%).

Undecided thus far :wink:

Yes I know about that mod, I even tried to match its colors but I had to change most of them either because they didn't look good or they were to similar to each other.

Btw, this is the mod that allowed me to do that:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/166865-wip131-sigma-kerbaldescriptions/

I can even share the cfg I used to set up these colors if RoverDude or anyone else wants to try it

Edited by Sigma88

45 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I want to create a parts mod, for making bases and colonization, can someone help me? Message me if you can, I have no experience modding.

Probably better to make a thread in Addon-Discussions for something like this.

I'm having some trouble with Karibou rover and hab time.  As far as I can tell the crew cab isn't getting the multiplier it should be getting.  I've got a screen shot of it not applying a 3x multiplier to my set up

https://imgur.com/a/fYKKL

(final version will not have the ranger hab, that was just a test, I'll just have the hab and the rover cab)

6 hours ago, mike5brown said:

I'm having some trouble with Karibou rover and hab time.  As far as I can tell the crew cab isn't getting the multiplier it should be getting.  I've got a screen shot of it not applying a 3x multiplier to my set up

It's currently broken, since the habtime config is very out of date and not functional, which means it defaults to just providing one kerbal-month of habtime. I submitted a pull request to fix this but a new bug cropped up instead - hopefully it will be all fixed be in the next release.

2 hours ago, voicey99 said:

It's currently broken, since the habtime config is very out of date and not functional, which means it defaults to just providing one kerbal-month of habtime. I submitted a pull request to fix this but a new bug cropped up instead - hopefully it will be all fixed be in the next release.

But wait - there's more!!! (Insert meme here :confused:) Modules stop as soon as you return to space center. Didn't have any other vessels nearby to test a switch. 

Your best bet for getting anything sorted is to provide better detail, current versions (i.e. I still have people reporting issues that are running on 1.3.0 - which does me no good), and logging github issues.  Tossing out issues with no info in the thread makes for more work for people searching later, and makes my job of support a lot more difficult as well.

Hi, I was just doing some prototyping on Kerbin for a Laythe base. I got everything designed but then I realized something. The kolonization dashboard doesn't include Kerbin, so it isn't clear what the rating is there. Is it 500% in which case I'm getting 25x the output from farms that I would on Laythe (the whole mission will starve,) or is it 100%, meaning my base on Laythe will support everyone initially, but over time it will be producing 25 times as much food as necessary to support the Kolony.

This presents a major engineering problem. Being over engineered isn't an issue, beyond gross inefficiency in the future, but under engineering would mean the whole thing falls on it's face.

Does anyone know the rating outputs on kerbin are based on?