[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

19 minutes ago, Terra1 said:

I downloaded the latest version of MKS from spacedock.

The version of USI Tools in the MKS 0.53.0.0 zip (the most recent) is 0.10.0.0 but there was a hotfix version (0.10.1.0) released very quickly after that which you can get from the link in my previous post. This fixes problems with the custom categories.

24 minutes ago, Terra1 said:

I looked for the log yesterday but it wasn't where the page said it was

Read the section on logs carefully. The file will be in a different place depending on which OS you're using and for Windows on whether you're running the 32bit or 64 bit version and if you have the game installed in c:\program files or somewhere else.

On 01/11/2017 at 5:28 PM, Esendis said:

On another note, i know that i can refuel reactors with an engineer & maintenance. But how on earth do you transfer the actual fuel on site, to a rover for instance, so it can reach the remote site? Hook the rover to the nuclear refinery and wait for it to fill? 

Can't you use the Local Logistics widget for that?

2 hours ago, Daveroski said:

Can't you use the Local Logistics widget for that?

No, EnrU is blacklisted from both local and planetary logistics. I believe NFE's containers allow for direct transfer (NFE is compatible with MKS, you can just delete all the parts and patches you don't want, especially the reactor patch), or use this patch I made that jury-rigged the maintenance function to pull EnrU and DepF around.

@Esendis see above.

Edited by voicey99
Pinged Esendis

First my thanks to Roverdude for some fantastic mods.  Now down to business.

I am playing a fresh installation of ksp v1.2.2 (I have not moved to 1.3).  I have only USI mods installed (see below for a list of all installed mods).   Here's the issue: . . 

Karibou parts show in Techtree but most are missing in VAB/SPH “Simple Mode” categories.  They can be located in “Advanced Mode” categories but searching does not pull up the missing parts.  I tried to Re-installing CCK v1.2.2.0 (per this forum) with no luck; then I tried CCK v2.0.2.0 but all rover categories disappear so I returned to CCK v1.2.2.0.  I am out of ideas.

Question: How can I get the missing Karibou parts to show in the Simple Mode categories?

Again, I have a fresh install of KSP 1.2.2

Installed Mods are only USI

• USITools - v0.8.17
  • Community Category Kit - v1.2.2.0
  • Community Resource Pack - v0.6.6
  • FireSpitter - v7.5.1 (as installed by USI)
  • USI LS - v0.5.24
  • USI MKS - v0.50.11
  • USI Malemute - v0.2.8
  • Squad

Thanks for your help.

Just now, Rocketmanreturns said:

Sorry, they are not in the Malemute Rover tab.  As stated above; with the exception of a few parts, they don't show in the "Simple Categories" at all.

Do you have the Karibou installed? It comes bundled with MKS in the USI folder, but you haven't listed it in your mods.

4 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Do you have the Karibou installed? It comes bundled with MKS in the USI folder, but you haven't listed it in your mods.

Yes I do.  I didn't list any of the mods that came embedded in MKS but for completeness I also have.

Akita, FX, Keribou, Konstruction, Kontainers and ReactorPack.  All from the USI downloads.

Edited by Rocketmanreturns

2 minutes ago, Rocketmanreturns said:

Yes I do.  I didn't list any of the mods that came embedded in MKS but for completeness I also have.

Akita, FX, Keribou, Konstruction, and Kontainers.  All from the USI downloads.

Ehh, I don't know. Install the final 1.2 Constellation release which is guaranteed to have everything synced up (including some mod versions found nowhere else - the Kolonisation applet may be broken, I'll say how to fix it if it is) and delete the USI bits you don't want.

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

Ehh, I don't know. Install the final 1.2 Constellation release which is guaranteed to have everything synced up (including some mod versions found nowhere else - the Kolonisation applet may be broken, I'll say how to fix it if it is) and delete the USI bits you don't want.

Thank you,  I'm downloading it now and I'll place it in a fresh copy of KSP 1.2.2.  I'll let you know how it goes.

3 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Is it ok to ask questions about GC here since it's bundled with MKS and regarded as the main construction mod for USI

There is a GC thread, and the people there will probably be more knowledgeable than here. But it is USI-related, so maybe?

Questions regarding MKS integration could probably be asked in either thread, but would be better off here.

EDIT: Ninja'd Not ninja'd

Edited by voicey99

2 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Is it ok to ask questions about GC here since it's bundled with MKS and regarded as the main construction mod for USI

It's probably ok.  But depending on the nature of the question you may get a better answer over in GC.  It may be bundled here but it was written by allista

[edit]

@voicey99 was both faster and more comprehensive than I was.

Edited by goldenpsp

It's sort of MKS-related. It seems that DIY kits don't know how to deal with expandable Ranger parts. Doesn't matter if the part is expanded or not, I still need the same amount of MatKits to build it. So I wonder what's the "right" way to build them with GC, because I don't want to accidentally cheat the system and then feel bad about it.

2 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

It's sort of MKS-related. It seems that DIY kits don't know how to deal with expandable Ranger parts. Doesn't matter if the part is expanded or not, I still need the same amount of MatKits to build it. So I wonder what's the "right" way to build them with GC, because I don't want to accidentally cheat the system and then feel bad about it.

Good question... I need to poke into the code and see what the intent was.

On 11/1/2017 at 12:49 PM, Esendis said:

One choice? There's another? Quicker preferably? :D

Considering that uranium is also blocked from stock fuel transfer, I think the only alternative to leaving a vessel docked while it fills is designing the refinery so uranium tanks can be detached and physically transferred to your rover. :(

1 minute ago, Johould said:

Considering that uranium is also blocked from stock fuel transfer, I think the only alternative to leaving a vessel docked while it fills is designing the refinery so uranium tanks can be detached and physically transferred to your rover. :(

Uranium is no joke.  Definitely handle with care :D

9 hours ago, Johould said:

I gave a couple of other options in this post:

And yes, you can use KIS to move containers around.

9 hours ago, remexre said:

Is MKS/UKS properly on CKAN? I can't find it in the GUI, even with Filter set to All, although I can find it in the registry.json...

It's CKANed for me.

1 hour ago, the_real_Fluttershy said:

I did. and it still crashed. I even pulled out all my mods and just had that and still crashed. I followed install instructions but am I doing something wrong or ?

Provide complete version numbers including USITools then please.