[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

15 minutes ago, Jivaii said:

@RoverDude I just reinstalled it all within the last 48 hours though. I see the newest version of USI tools, but MKS is completely missing for me

I think this is due to the dependency on GC Core which I have not yet seen on CKAN, but if you install manually, it includes a working GC core for 1.3.1.

24 minutes ago, Terwin said:

I think this is due to the dependency on GC Core which I have not yet seen on CKAN, but if you install manually, it includes a working GC core for 1.3.1.

I did end up installing manually, also had to install Konstruction, Karbonite, and USI Tools manually

I am having issues with mks. Non of the main parts appear. This is with a clean install

40 minutes ago, aviatorEngineer said:

Hypothetically speaking, would this work at all with TAC-LS? Already been using that for a while so I'm not too sure I'd be able to easily swap it out for USI's life support system.

Glad to see a fellow Halo fan 

42 minutes ago, aviatorEngineer said:

Hypothetically speaking, would this work at all with TAC-LS? Already been using that for a while so I'm not too sure I'd be able to easily swap it out for USI's life support system.

Read back just one page to find your answer.

1 hour ago, aviatorEngineer said:

Ah, neat. Thanks. Might just make the switch to USI's life support anyway, definitely gonna try it out.

I don't know whether USI or TAC is harder - USI has only one resource, but the habitation time requirement means you often have to add large amounts of ancillary superstructure to your ships, greatly increasing the dry mass and requiring some hefty rockets (hint for future: pilots and scouts get infinite habtime if they have over 1yr, everyone else over 50yrs (1yr if the kolonisation rating is over 500%)).

25 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

I don't know whether USI or TAC is harder - USI has only one resource, but the habitation time requirement means you often have to add large amounts of ancillary superstructure to your ships, greatly increasing the dry mass and requiring some hefty rockets (hint for future: pilots and scouts get infinite habtime if they have over 1yr, everyone else over 50yrs (1yr if the kolonisation rating is over 500%)).

USI is harder or easier than TAC because you can control:

• EC consumption rates
  • LS consumption rates
  • Starvation grace period length
  • Punishments for running out of anything
  • The altitude on Kerbin where crew recover from homesickness
  • Possibly more stuff.

(This could be a stock game issue, but I dont know as I never play KSP stock.)

Anyway, has anyone noticed that the resource drills are extremely laggy to place and deploy in the VAB/SPH? It seems to be more of an issue the larger the size, and they take a few seconds of freezing to actually allow me to place them and move them around. Its rather annoying when setting out a base design in the SPH, and moving things around.

Just wondered if this was a known issue or not.

12 hours ago, techgamer16 said:

(This could be a stock game issue, but I dont know as I never play KSP stock.)

Anyway, has anyone noticed that the resource drills are extremely laggy to place and deploy in the VAB/SPH? It seems to be more of an issue the larger the size, and they take a few seconds of freezing to actually allow me to place them and move them around. Its rather annoying when setting out a base design in the SPH, and moving things around.

Just wondered if this was a known issue or not.

Not heard of this bug. Do stock drills or any other parts cause freezing and stuttering?

@RoverDude - Is it possible to keep stock hiring list AND that TRP-alike implimentation at the same time? I'd prefer kerbal hire customisation as an option, maybe even with delay, so you will have an option between "choose from avaliable " or "post vacancy with special requirements and wait for your perfect_fit volunteer".

1 minute ago, Warro said:

@RoverDude - Is it possible to keep stock hiring list AND that TRP-alike implimentation at the same time? I'd prefer kerbal hire customisation as an option, maybe even with delay, so you will have an option between "choose from avaliable " or "post vacancy with special requirements and wait for your perfect_fit volunteer".

The AC options are fully configurable.

3 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

The AC options are fully configurable.

I'm still using 1.3 KSP with MKS 52.2, but can't find combination of options to keep stock list, only TRP with MKS classes/TRP with stock classes (plus cost control)

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

There's not an option for the stock list - just turn off custom kerbals and hire the classes you want.  You're going to end up in exactly the same place minus getting a preview of the names 

But the list is the missing option, classes/costs are manageble as is.

Without random list it looks more like interface to cheat-menu "spawn kerbal" function in-game. It breaks career-feeling a bit...
Is list management too hard to implement with all class/cost options? While lookind through one of saves I've seen that KSP still has the list, it's just hidden from player. That makes me sad even more - there are kerbals, willing to participate, but I have no way to hire them.

13 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

We gladly accept pull requests if it's something you are passionate about, but that's a chunk of work I just do not have the bandwidth to right now.

I'm not GitHub user, so pull request is "the chunk of work I'm not ready now" also... I would be grateful if someone formed the right request based on my proposal.

3 minutes ago, Warro said:

I'm not GitHub user, so pull request is "the chunk of work I'm not ready now" also... I would be grateful if someone formed the right request based on my proposal.

Become a GH user then, it's not hard. A pull request is where you make the changes yourself and submit them yourself - if you want someone else to do it for you, make an issue as a feature request.

12 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Become a GH user then, it's not hard....

I've already registered on Unity site when I wanted to try model export-import chain. So it now spams my mail with suggestions to make own Unity app, thinking it's not hard too :)
I'm not a programmer nor modeller, although I have couple of times compiled mods from existing sources and even have sucсesseful imported own blender models (I'd better not show them to anyone), I do not understand that stuff enough to do something for public use.

1 minute ago, Warro said:

I've already registered on Unity site when I wanted to try model export-import chain. So it now spams my mail with suggestions to make own Unity app, thinking it's not hard too :)
I'm not a programmer nor modeller, although I have couple of times compiled mods from existing sources and even have sucсesseful imported own blender models (I'd better not show them to anyone), I do not understand that stuff enough to do something for public use.

Github doesn't spam you for creating an account.  In the time it has taken you to write your last 3 posts you could have made an account and posted a feature request.  Or you could just wait and hope someone does the work for you...

14 minutes ago, Warro said:

By that, i meant create a github account and just log an issue with a feature request. GH doesn't spam you (and there is an unsubscribe on the Unity spam).

Edited by voicey99
ninja'd

I've already did "feature request" on the forum, the answer was "no time for that now". Do you think feature request (that's not the issue, really)  exactly on GH  will magically give author more time? I guess no.
I'm still in this topic just to wonder, am I the only one interested in such feature? If so - no sense  to do request on GH.

5 minutes ago, Warro said:

I've already did "feature request" on the forum, the answer was "no time for that now". Do you think feature request (that's not the issue, really)  exactly on GH  will magically give author more time? I guess no.
I'm still in this topic just to wonder, am I the only one interested in such feature? If so - no sense  to do request on GH.

It is not only about the autor but the whole team gathered by RD to get all things cleared. He have many projects and many players with programming experience try to support him.

It is no offense but as GitHub feature request there is a much bigger chance that one one of the team see it and decide to help. A question do never hurt a complaint tend to generate bad blood.

And in actual situation with KSP1.4 dawning RD have no time to implement new options i think and stick in Unity changes for all his modes they all will be playable in the new version?