[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 hour ago, Kielm said:

@RoverDude I'm afraid there are some bees in the Akita rover. 

Backstory: I landed a tidy little Akita on the Mun for some science rover goodness. 

Problem: 90% of the time when I switch back to the rover, it has been attacked by a swarm of Mun-bees and looks... well, to use the technical term, janky. Note the general screwiness, and separation/misalignment/twisting of attachment nodes (you might have to zoom in). Ignore the 100% intentional orientation in the final screenshot (not related) but notice how the parts are misaligned and twisted?

Rover looks fine before switching away. 

Side effects of this are mini-kraken attacks - colliders go a bit nuts and the rover spins wildly, or bounces once on loading and then spins to destruction. 

I know it's not a consistent problem as the rover I built in my last game was simpler but had no issues. 

Hide contents

63XY2Ib.png

PtTZxS7.png

6kKtZRU.png

Are you using Animated Attachments by any chance?

9 hours ago, alphaprior said:

No matter what I do, I follow descriptions, I read the wiki, the local warehouse doesn't work.

Here is a test I did with ore production with a Kontainer as a local warehouse attached.
Next to it a karibu with MPU consumer for ore and another Kontainer local warehouse on or off doesn't work.

I found that I can transfer ore from miner module to Karibu using Kolonization Dashboard. But this should be done automatically like I've seen in videos with flow priority. It was not available in my game untill I've read somewhere that I need to switch on Advanced Tweakables! Another option... they never end... :wacko: 
Now how does this work because extra confusing on top of MKS.
Tanks with more positive numbers get empty faster.
But when I play with them nothing happens unless I transfer ore from black tanks to Kontainer using alt+click. Then resources start to flow (alt+click)Black Tanks>Kontainer on top>Black tanks on Karibu. Kontainer did not get any ore untill black tanks were full.  I'm not sure what to do to set it in auto mode mining and pulling resources from mining module to karibu MPU.

FoMky49.jpg

tbh I don´t know what could be the issue.

But I have never used the flow priority which you mentioned and it worked fine. I am just guessing, but maybe you could try put a pilot and a engineer on the Karibou. 
Or, just not using the black tanks, using only from USI.

26 minutes ago, CateredCarrot said:

tbh I don´t know what could be the issue.

But I have never used the flow priority which you mentioned and it worked fine. I am just guessing, but maybe you could try put a pilot and a engineer on the Karibou. 
Or, just not using the black tanks, using only from USI.

Yeah you need to use USI tanks for all of that to work, stock tanks don't connect to logistics.

1 hour ago, MaxPeck said:

Are you using Animated Attachments by any chance?

That's a negative. Nothing really unusual. I'll try out another rover just to be sure - the Malemute usually works pretty well. 

Mining at one location depletes it? Because at 100 ore units production slows down.
This complicates things a lot and I should design some vehicle to move around for mining. :unsure:
As for the black tanks I know but I used Kontainer attached to them so it should work and it did the miner Kontainer was sending ore directly to black tanks on Karibu.

I'm kinda surprised this doesn't exist already, but searching the thread produced no results. Does anyone have a cfg they'd be willing to share that would convert the fuel outputs of the resource converters to be real fuels instead of vanilla? I'm guessing its possible, but I haven't modded something for myself in years so if there's something already out there floating around, I'd prefer to use that if possible.

Thanks

3 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

I'm kinda surprised this doesn't exist already, but searching the thread produced no results. Does anyone have a cfg they'd be willing to share that would convert the fuel outputs of the resource converters to be real fuels instead of vanilla? I'm guessing its possible, but I haven't modded something for myself in years so if there's something already out there floating around, I'd prefer to use that if possible.

Thanks

Wouldn't that be doable by just changing some names in the cfg files that are already there? i.e changig lfo for the fuel you want

22 hours ago, Kielm said:

@RoverDude I'm afraid there are some bees in the Akita rover. 

Backstory: I landed a tidy little Akita on the Mun for some science rover goodness. 

Problem: 90% of the time when I switch back to the rover, it has been attacked by a swarm of Mun-bees and looks... well, to use the technical term, janky. Note the general screwiness, and separation/misalignment/twisting of attachment nodes (you might have to zoom in). Ignore the 100% intentional orientation in the final screenshot (not related) but notice how the parts are misaligned and twisted?

Rover looks fine before switching away. 

Side effects of this are mini-kraken attacks - colliders go a bit nuts and the rover spins wildly, or bounces once on loading and then spins to destruction. 

I know it's not a consistent problem as the rover I built in my last game was simpler but had no issues. 

Reveal hidden contents

63XY2Ib.png

PtTZxS7.png

6kKtZRU.png

For anyone else having this issue, it appears to be related to parallax collisions introducing some physics jankiness - nothing to do with USI's awesome rovers. 

EDIT: Actually, could be bon voyage itself causing the problem.

Edited by Kielm

6 hours ago, Kielm said:

For anyone else having this issue, it appears to be related to parallax collisions introducing some physics jankiness - nothing to do with USI's awesome rovers. 

EDIT: Actually, could be bon voyage itself causing the problem.

I use Bon Voyage and have never had a rover transmogrify itself like you’re seeing. 

11 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Wouldn't that be doable by just changing some names in the cfg files that are already there? i.e changig lfo for the fuel you want

Yes and no... like I mentioned its been years since I've really spent much time messing with patches, but RF tends to be a special case because it requires proper balancing and needs changes made to tankage and such if you want to keep the functionality of the mod. For example, if you want to output liquid hydrogen and oxygen from a water splitter, you've got to ensure the ratios are at least somewhat correct, then any tank that will hold the outputs uses the RF plugin to simulate boiloff correctly.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, roffl8 said:

Hey, when recovering Containers from your mod i get negative funds back. Tried to recover mined Exotic Minerals and instead went bankrupt

20210117114221_1.jpg

20210117114304_1.jpg

I hope this is the right place to ask and not some other Mod causing this. Other mods i have: KSPI-E, Near Future, GU, KAS 

I tried a clean install, and loaded just this mod,  If it is ore / dirt works as intended but noticed exotic minerals gave me a + - on kontainers,   So thinking it is something to do with configurable containers, and it broke in last update 

26 minutes ago, Wookie699 said:

I tried a clean install, and loaded just this mod,  If it is ore / dirt works as intended but noticed exotic minerals gave me a + - on kontainers,   So thinking it is something to do with configurable containers, and it broke in last update 

Configurable containers is not part of this mod

How would i dissable home timers, but leave hab timer normal

reason for wanting to know

Me and my friend are doing a space race, but it involves colonizing other stars, so the kerbals will never go back to kerbin, is there any way to prevent this from occuring

Learning MKS. I setup a ranger hab which has a "logistics consumer" component, and I have a 3.25m tank of supplies about 80m away. I can manually transfer supplies via the logistics GUI but the wiki says the consumer should be pulling stuff as needed, but no supplies are ever pulled from what I can see.

ozslWEW.png

Also, when my kerbal enters the crew hatch of the ranger hab module, whatever is in their KIS inventory is destroyed.

Also, how can I tell how much life is left in the ranger scout-200 power pack.

MKS Version 1.4.1 on KSP 1.11

Edited by viveleroi

29 minutes ago, viveleroi said:

Why does my flex tube look glitched? I attached one flex tube to my scout lander, the crew hatch faces out, another flex tube to my ball hub (crew hatch also faces out). When I link them, it lets me, but the tube itself looks all messed up. 

HmnKMDO.png

Probably needs an update with all of the changes, with KIS/KAS/stock.  But since they are being depricated  I would hold my breath.  I'm not sure I'd get to "attached" to them either.

Oh i saw this weekend that you can make diy kits using the assembly line parts from GC. I guess i will maybe test it.  Haven't installed the pre-release yet. Planning on a mun base. Im gonna send two diy kits and some materialkits and a workshop to the mun with some recyclers on it for the kerbals. They are gonna build an diy kit assembly line and a rover/materialkit producer. Then i am gonna build A food/hab section so the kerbals can stay longer, Medbay included.  And im gonna set up a machinery and fertillizer production plant. I am gonna use the Planetary Domes mod for the domes so it looks good. And im gonna connect things up with the konstruction ports. And i am planning on a new material-kit production facility.  Im gonna build it probably next weekend.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:50 PM, goldenpsp said:

Why not test it out? 

If I had to guess, considering right now the Konfabricator functions like a 3D printer, putting the finished items into stock inventory slots, that a DIY kit simply wouldn't fit.

Edited by Plomie

On 1/24/2021 at 3:17 AM, viveleroi said:

Learning MKS. I setup a ranger hab which has a "logistics consumer" component, and I have a 3.25m tank of supplies about 80m away. I can manually transfer supplies via the logistics GUI but the wiki says the consumer should be pulling stuff as needed, but no supplies are ever pulled from what I can see.

ozslWEW.png

Also, when my kerbal enters the crew hatch of the ranger hab module, whatever is in their KIS inventory is destroyed.

Also, how can I tell how much life is left in the ranger scout-200 power pack.

MKS Version 1.4.1 on KSP 1.11

The system only pulls materials when its on half of its original supply of that material. You can look on Youtube at the channel mark thrimm. It has good info about mks and how it works. I also used this guide to get started. Didn't build a colony yet. But im planning on a mun colony.