[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

2 minutes ago, Kalessin1 said:

Hi, i found that the issue with negative return cost is still the problem. Did anyone have advice how to fix this? I Try KSP v 1.11 & 1.12 and on both the same problem.

In the short term, KSP Recall sorts it as it fixes Firespitter.  In the long term, we've been looking at a rewrite of that code.

Feedback for WOLF in a career save: I know the different parts of the resource chain are all interconnected so it's hard to implement a few components without all the others, but the bulk of WOLF (using CTT) is at the end of an 8,000+ science points research chain. Besides the basic resource extractors (which, don't get me wrong, are very useful), it's hard to increment gradual increase in WOLF capability alongside gradual increases in MKS colony capability. That is, you have to build out a regular messy pre-WOLF style resource chain anyway before you get anywhere near unlocking the parts that are intended to abstract that away, which feels like it's conflicting with itself.

I don't have a proposed solution, just thought I'd share my impression. 

Also, a question: is there any way to later undo additions to a depot? Adding MHU-100s to a biome doesn't consume power (that can't be added until the tech is unlocked), but it consumes just as much ResourceVein as MHU-500s. Is there a way to later upgrade, so you're not, for example, permanently locking out most of a biome's ore production?

3 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Also, a question: is there any way to later undo additions to a depot? Adding MHU-100s to a biome doesn't consume power (that can't be added until the tech is unlocked), but it consumes just as much ResourceVein as MHU-500s. Is there a way to later upgrade, so you're not, for example, permanently locking out most of a biome's ore production?

Only if you manually edit the save file. (not hard to do.  I did the same to 'import' my previously established resource harvesting after the last upgrade)

Only the 'current state' is saved, so no way to tell what parts were used to bring your depot to the current state and thus no way to 'reverse it' in game.

@danfarnsy I also feel that the WOLF tech should be sooner in the tech tree, as I think that its high cost adds enough difficulty, so I just unlock the modules from the beginning with a MM patch. There is no need to modify the mod when you can easily adapt it to your particular needs. 

Getting WOLF stuff into orbit to take to other planets/moons is really a pain unless you do it with like 4-5 launches, any chance an orbital factory is in the works since both EPL and GC seems pretty dead in the water?

5 hours ago, Tacombel said:

@danfarnsy I also feel that the WOLF tech should be sooner in the tech tree, as I think that its high cost adds enough difficulty, so I just unlock the modules from the beginning with a MM patch. There is no need to modify the mod when you can easily adapt it to your particular needs. 

Mind sharing that?

5 hours ago, Tacombel said:

We're looking at a tech tree revamp

45 minutes ago, Crimor said:

Getting WOLF stuff into orbit to take to other planets/moons is really a pain unless you do it with like 4-5 launches, any chance an orbital factory is in the works since both EPL and GC seems pretty dead in the water?

Mind sharing that?

Konstruction has orbital out of the box and I'm testing a new balance pass currently.

3 hours ago, Crimor said:

Mind sharing that?

With a text editor, create a file call moveWOLFto StartTecg,cfg and place this code inside.

//Move WOLF tech to the initial node
@PART[Konstruction_Orbital_Shipyard_250,Konstruction_Orbital_Shipyard_500,WOLF_BioreactorModule375,WOLF_AgricultureModule375,WOLF_Cargo_Kontainer_125,WOLF_Cargo_Kontainer_250,WOLF_Cargo_Kontainer_375,WOLF_Cargo_Kontainer_500,WOLF_Connector,WOLF_ExtractorModule375,WOLF_Depot,WOLF_CrewCargo_Kontainer_500,WOLF_CrewCargo_Kontainer_375,WOLF_CrewCargo_Kontainer_250,WOLF_CrewCargo_Kontainer_125,WOLF_FabricatorModule375,WOLF_Habitation375,WOLF_Harvester_125,WOLF_Harvester_375,WOLF_FuelHopper250,WOLF_LifeSupportHopper375,WOLF_LifeSupportHopper250,WOLF_HarvestingHopper375,WOLF_HarvestingHopper250,WOLF_FuelHopper375,WOLF_ManufacturingHopper250,WOLF_ManufacturingHopper375,WOLF_LifeSupport375,WOLF_MaintenanceModule375,WOLF_PowerModule375,WOLF_WasteProcessor375,WOLF_TransportModule375,WOLF_ScienceModule375,WOLF_RefineryModule375,WOLF_Transporter,SurfaceScanner]:FINAL
{

@TechRequired = start

@entryCost = 0

}

Copy the file anywhere inside gamedata. I place all my MM patches in  /gamedata/MMPatches/

Greetings, I'm trying to learn how to build the most primitive base.  I'm not sure if this is a bug but why when I add a Nom-o-Matic 5000 does the Kolony Inventory show a zero rate for supplies where without it, the normal .0005 per Kerbal shows?

This is clean KSP 1.11.2 and Constellation from 2021.03.12.  No other mods installed. 

Edit:  This is really strange.  Sometimes I can reproduce it, others I can't.  It seems related to attaching the Nom-o-Matic or even the Ranger Agricultural  Module to the MiniTruss or an Anchor Hub.

Edit2: I now believe it has to do with the supply attachment detection although on the two screenshots below I did not touch the Minipak between tests.  I'm adding a third screenshot where I attached a Minipak to the battery to reproduce the issue.  Also, you can see that when activating Agroponics, the days left for supplies is way off on the Kolony Inventory screen.  It makes sense now that if there are no supplies attached, the Kolony Inventory would show 0%.

Spoiler

tZxTwQT.png

cYllPm9.png

uj77SwD.jpg

Edited by Joker58th

Hi,

I've been away for a week and updated mods using CKAN (currently running 1.11.)
After updating USI Tools to the latest version, I lost access to Kolonization, Construction, Logistics and Manufacturing icons in VAB.

CKAN is not working currently for me so I had to restore the previous version from a backup.
After restoring, icons are back.

Am I doing something wrong?

4 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

I noticed a new Constellation PreRelease for 1.12. Just how bee filled is it? Am I better off sticking with the older Constellation PreRelease, or can I expect similar quantities of bees?

37.5% less bees.  But I have to fix a bunch of wheels....

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

37.5% less bees.  But I have to fix a bunch of wheels....

That's a lot fewer bees percentage wise! I'll proceed with tossing it in, I would say chances are decent you'll have the wheels fixed before I finish building and roughly "testing" my install lol. Much less get to the point of starting any actual save games....

I feel a little stupid for asking this, but is there a way to make this work with Kerbalism? I love the Kerbalism science system, so is there a way to combine that with this mod? I'm also a big fan of the depth of the Kerbalism life support system so if there's a way to somehow run that with this mod that would be amazing, but I'd be very, very surprised lol

5 hours ago, cosmickalamity said:

I feel a little stupid for asking this, but is there a way to make this work with Kerbalism? I love the Kerbalism science system, so is there a way to combine that with this mod? I'm also a big fan of the depth of the Kerbalism life support system so if there's a way to somehow run that with this mod that would be amazing, but I'd be very, very surprised lol

So would I ;)   No idea, ask in the Kerbalism thread if anyone has done it.

9 hours ago, cosmickalamity said:

As RoverDude says, ask on that thread. It's unlikely, as Kerbalism changes a lot of the stock mechanics - but Kerbalism is very configurable through configuration files, so it might be possible to have most of the functionality of both mods. Expect to have to do a lot of work and testing on your own, and expect to have issues. In general, you can pick one of USI, Nertea's NF, or Kerbalism; or pick two and get partial functionality with some effort. (but never full functionality) I can tell you that several people have tried to make Kerbalism compatible with the USI mods, and no one has fully succeeded yet. Now that KSP 1.x dev is wrapped up, maybe there's a potential for that in the future if someone on the Kerbalism side is amenable to making play nicer with the other major plugin mods.

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

In general, you can pick one of USI, Nertea's NF, or Kerbalism; or pick two and get partial functionality with some effort. (but never full functionality) 

FWIW Nertea's mods and USI work pretty well with each other - main issue I've run into is the two sets of nuclear reactors with different mechanics. Also, heat is handled differently (Core Heat vs. System Heat), but I believe a patch for the heat issue is technically possible with the latest release of System Heat.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, RoverDude said:

We're looking at a tech tree revamp

Konstruction has orbital out of the box and I'm testing a new balance pass currently.

A tech tree revamp would be great, I'm trying my hand at my first ModuleManager mod to move the low-hanging Karbonite items, and a few others I think are too early or dependent on other items, to higher tiers.

Here's what I've drawn out right now, I just have to figure out how to implement it:

Spoiler
Current Science Current cost Item name   New Science New cost Reason
Survivability 15 KF-250 KonFabricator   Precision Engineering 160 Capability

Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_Generator_03   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_RTG_01   Specialized Electrics 550 RTG
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_RTG_02   Experimental Electrics 1000 RTG
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_BatteryPack_02   Advanced Electrics 160 Capability
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_Generator_01   Advanced Electrics 160 Capability

Heavy Rocketry 90 KVE-125 Karbonite Fueled Engine   High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion 1000 Karbonite
Heavy Rocketry 90 KVE-250 Karbonite Fueled Engine   Experimental Nuclear Propulsion 1500 Karbonite
Heavy Rocketry 90 KVE-625 Mini Karbonite Engine   Experimental Nuclear Propulsion 1500 Karbonite
Heavy Rocketry 90 KLF-125 Liquid Fueled Rocket   Very Heavy Rocketry 550 Capability
Heavy Rocketry 90 KLF-250 Liquid Fueled Rocket   Very Heavy Rocketry 550 Capability

Fuel Systems 90 Portable Karbonite Sample Kit   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 Portable Karbelectric Generator   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KEG-2500 Karbelectric Generator   Advanced Off-World Mining 1500 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-2500 Karbonite Tank   Experimental Science 1000 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-3000 Karbonite Tank   Advanced Off-World Mining 1500 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-3650 Karbonite Tank   Advanced Off-World Mining 1500 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-4650 Karbonite Tank   Resource Exploitation 2250 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KA-200 Karbonite Tank   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-350R Karbonite Tank   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 Karry Kan   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 Double Karry Kan   Experimental Science 1000 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 VTS Karbonite Tank   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite

Advanced Construction 90 Crewed Atlas Harvester (Small)   Advanced Science Tech 550 Strip Miner
Advanced Construction 90 Automated Atlas Harvester (Small)   Advanced Science Tech 550 Strip Miner
Advanced Construction 90 Material Processing Unit (1.25m)   Large Volume Containment 300 Mining
Advanced Construction 90 Material Processing Unit (2.5m)   Large Volume Containment 300 Mining
Advanced Construction 90 Material Processing Unit (3.75m)   High-Performance Fuel Systems 550 Mining
Advanced Construction 90 WOLF Terminal (3.75m)   Advanced Exploration 160 Ability/size

Aerodynamics 90 KA-400LX (1.25m) Low Altitude Scoop   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite

Specialized Construction 160 KS-250-O KonStructor – Orbital Shipyard   Meta-Materials 550 Capability

Edited by Kharn

1 hour ago, Kharn said:

A tech tree revamp would be great, I'm trying my hand at my first ModuleManager mod to move the low-hanging Karbonite items, and a few others I think are too early or dependent on other items, to higher tiers.

Here's what I've drawn out right now, I just have to figure out how to implement it:

Reveal hidden contents
Current Science Current cost Item name   New Science New cost Reason
Survivability 15 KF-250 KonFabricator   Precision Engineering 160 Capability

Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_Generator_03   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_RTG_01   Specialized Electrics 550 RTG
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_RTG_02   Experimental Electrics 1000 RTG
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_BatteryPack_02   Advanced Electrics 160 Capability
Basic Science 45 PackRat_Mk2_Generator_01   Advanced Electrics 160 Capability

Heavy Rocketry 90 KVE-125 Karbonite Fueled Engine   High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion 1000 Karbonite
Heavy Rocketry 90 KVE-250 Karbonite Fueled Engine   Experimental Nuclear Propulsion 1500 Karbonite
Heavy Rocketry 90 KVE-625 Mini Karbonite Engine   Experimental Nuclear Propulsion 1500 Karbonite
Heavy Rocketry 90 KLF-125 Liquid Fueled Rocket   Very Heavy Rocketry 550 Capability
Heavy Rocketry 90 KLF-250 Liquid Fueled Rocket   Very Heavy Rocketry 550 Capability

Fuel Systems 90 Portable Karbonite Sample Kit   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 Portable Karbelectric Generator   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KEG-2500 Karbelectric Generator   Advanced Off-World Mining 1500 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-2500 Karbonite Tank   Experimental Science 1000 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-3000 Karbonite Tank   Advanced Off-World Mining 1500 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-3650 Karbonite Tank   Advanced Off-World Mining 1500 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-4650 Karbonite Tank   Resource Exploitation 2250 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KA-200 Karbonite Tank   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 KB-350R Karbonite Tank   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 Karry Kan   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 Double Karry Kan   Experimental Science 1000 Karbonite
Fuel Systems 90 VTS Karbonite Tank   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite

Advanced Construction 90 Crewed Atlas Harvester (Small)   Advanced Science Tech 550 Strip Miner
Advanced Construction 90 Automated Atlas Harvester (Small)   Advanced Science Tech 550 Strip Miner
Advanced Construction 90 Material Processing Unit (1.25m)   Large Volume Containment 300 Mining
Advanced Construction 90 Material Processing Unit (2.5m)   Large Volume Containment 300 Mining
Advanced Construction 90 Material Processing Unit (3.75m)   High-Performance Fuel Systems 550 Mining
Advanced Construction 90 WOLF Terminal (3.75m)   Advanced Exploration 160 Ability/size

Aerodynamics 90 KA-400LX (1.25m) Low Altitude Scoop   Advanced Science Tech 550 Karbonite

Specialized Construction 160 KS-250-O KonStructor – Orbital Shipyard   Meta-Materials 550 Capability

Nine messages before yours there is the MM patch I use to move WOLF tech. You can adapt that :P

34 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

Nine messages before yours there is the MM patch I use to move WOLF tech. You can adapt that :P

Thanks!

I was going down a ton of rabbit holes with little progress.

One thing I'm stuck with are the Material Processing Units, another mod I use (not sure which one, or if it's an asset from one mod and then shuffled lower by another) in my main game adds a junky drill low down in the tech tree, so I can't decide if the 1.25/2.5m MPUs need to be in the 160 or 300 tier or up in the 550 tier where MKS has the good drills.

And then I should revamp the cost numbers. :/

Adding version 112 of WOLF to GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries causes a hang/crash at "Loading Part Upgrades" on KSP 1.12.2 on Linux, I guess it's still missing the "File Version" in the DLL assembly. All the other MKS mods are fine though.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:26 AM, panarchist said:

As RoverDude says, ask on that thread. It's unlikely, as Kerbalism changes a lot of the stock mechanics - but Kerbalism is very configurable through configuration files, so it might be possible to have most of the functionality of both mods. Expect to have to do a lot of work and testing on your own, and expect to have issues. In general, you can pick one of USI, Nertea's NF, or Kerbalism; or pick two and get partial functionality with some effort. (but never full functionality) I can tell you that several people have tried to make Kerbalism compatible with the USI mods, and no one has fully succeeded yet. Now that KSP 1.x dev is wrapped up, maybe there's a potential for that in the future if someone on the Kerbalism side is amenable to making play nicer with the other major plugin mods.

Wait, is NF not supposed to work with Kerbalism? I run all the NF mods with Kerbalism and it seems to be doing fine