[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

17 minutes ago, RookFett said:

If you could - what do you have on the screen when you see the crew transfer button - is it there before you create crew routes? 

Thanks for your help BTW-

Yeah it's there, even without any created crew routes.

Really weird. Glad to help, just wish I could give you a solution.

6 minutes ago, modus said:

Yeah it's there, even without any created crew routes.

Really weird. Glad to help, just wish I could give you a solution.

Well - that's a point I can use - it's there without creating routes (that was a pain).   (You are running KSP 12.2?)

I think if I can figure out why I am seeing that NRE on crew.transfer - that will solve my issue.  

I poked around the Wolf directory - and the crew transfer icon is there - so I know I have the correct version of MKS running...

This is a good brain exercise anyway...   

33 minutes ago, modus said:

Don't have the game open right now, but I don't think I do.

I use the other one, the transport computer (think that's what it's called). You do need to correct a typo somewhere  in order to use it, look 2 pages back.

Yeah - I saw that - but all my testing is in the sandbox - so that flaw wouldn't cause me an issue....     

Well I am officially out of options.   I went home and tried on two different computers, fresh installs of KSP, MKS and same results as my two laptops.

I was sure one of them would work, but alas, NREs with crew transfer.  Everything else Wolfie is working as expected.

Windows 10/11 - doesn’t matter.   I thought maybe my visual studio installs with unity apps was causing the issue, but uninstalls prove this wrong.

if anyone has any suggestions- please let me know.

@modus can you share a list of your mods in your install - grasping at straws now...

Edited by RookFett

Here you go:

Spoiler

000_AT_Utils
000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_Harmony
000_USITools
001_ToolbarControl
B9PartSwitch
Benjee10_MMSEV
Benjee10_sharedAssets
Benjee10_stowaway
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConfigurableContainers
ContractConfigurator
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
CTTP
CustomBarnKit
DeployableEngines
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
DynamicBatteryStorage
FinalFrontier.dat
Firespitter
FruitKocktail
HabTechProps
HeatControl
JX2Antenna
KerbalAtomics
KerbalEngineer
KerbalReusabilityExpansion
Kopernicus
KSPCommunityFixes
MiniSampleReturnCapsule
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
MPE
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureExploration
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
Nereid
OPM
OrbitalLFOEngines
PlanetShine
ProbesBeforeCrew
ScienceAlert
Squad
SquadExpansion
StationPartsExpansionRedux
STMRibbons
StockWaterfallEffects
SystemHeat
SystemHeatConverters
SystemHeatFissionEngines
SystemHeatFissionReactors
SystemHeatHarvesters
TriggerTech
UmbraSpaceIndustries
Waterfall
WildBlueIndustries
XenonHallThrusters

This is really bizarre.

10 minutes ago, modus said:

Is no one else having this issue or are they just watching and waiting for a fix? 

I'm having the same problem, but have just been lurking to see if anyone found anything (or if a fix was released). 

Basically, same symptoms as @RookFett....able to create cargo and crew routes. Cargo routes work great, but get nothing when clicking on the "Show Terminal Window" button for the WOLF Terminal. Also do not have the little plane for crew transfers on the toolbar. 

KSP 1.12.23167

MKS Unstable Release 112.0.0 from https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases

I've tried removing and adding mods with no changes. My mod list is much smaller than yours, @modus. Only thing I see that I have that you don't is MechJeb2.

Not that I thought it would help, but tried different ModuleManager versions. 

Only thing that might be slightly different about my install is that it's on my D: drive.

I went mod free - other than constellation pre-release, tried the supplied module manger dll and the newest one, went from d drive to c drive.  Multiple computers, made routes, checked logs, double checked everything, installed latest updates to usi and MKS, Akon, fresh, on top of previous installs, but always got the NRE in logs about Wolf crew transfer.

even tried windows 10 and latest windows 11 build (I am through the looking glass here people) - no joy…

I think I have been pretty meticulous in my troubleshooting, the only thing vexing me is that @modushas it running.   

google tells me there are about three other reports on this issue, no fixes.  

@RoverDude and @DoktorKroggwere not kidding about bees and cutting edge…   

Anyway my wife is yelling at me about spending to much time in space so I will have to pick up the fight later..   

Thinking more on this, and after talking with @linuxgurugamer and @modus - the fault may lie in my KSP install - since the mod works for modus, and the error only occurs with MKS Wolf installed on my KSP ( no other mods)

So tomorrow I will try to t-shoot this - I have touched on it in my previous testing, but didn’t test it as well as I should of.   I have validated via steam, and initially it found errors, but it still Null on me (Wolf).

I thought using the different computers would be help - but no joy there.

what I would give for Nick Fury to give me a box of stuff and tell me I haven’t tried everything!

(yes I understand this is pre-release, but this problem is like a loose tooth in my head, gotta keep poking it till it drops out)

Edited by RookFett
Changed "must" to "may" - :O

6 hours ago, Tacombel said:

@RookFett when you do a fresh install do you completely delete the ksp directory? If there is something alien to your install sometimes it is not enough to repair.

Yes - my normal routine is to uninstall completely with Steam - clean the directory (usually save files and logs are left), then re-install from Steam.

I just did so, Fresh clean, validated install of KSP 12.2 with Constellation 2021.03.12.01 only.   Same issue:

Spoiler

[EXC 10:24:44.224] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnAwake () (at <4eb8d0e062bc44b3989815cae6fbb89c>:0)
    ScenarioModule.Awake () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    ScenarioRunner:AddModule(String)
    ScenarioRunner:AddModule(ConfigNode)
    ProtoScenarioModule:Load(ScenarioRunner)    

WOLF.WOLF_CrewTransferScenario.OnDestroy () (at <7eb3c6e6467043e49992a5c417f5d542>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    ScenarioRunner:OnGameSceneLoadRequested(GameScenes)

Pretty sure it's not a KSP install issue.   I did run through the pre-releases of USI and MKS, removing the older mod, then trying to run.

I also install to a non-UNC directory (e:\steamapps\....) and have moved from C to D.  (The drive shouldn't matter, but want to cover all bases).  I also shut off my AV suite, kept running processes to the minimum, all to no Joy.

One interesting thing is that when I initially go to the launch pad after making a rocket, the Wolf transfer icon button is not in the toolbar, but if I switch scenes and come back, it's there, and then from then on, it's there in game, but if I quit out of KSP and restart - I need to switch scenes to pop it back up.  

No Wolf Crew transfer button - ever I'm afraid.   Just my good friend Null.

Will be writing this up - since the other user was using KSP 1.11.   

As I said above, it "seems" like there is an issue with Wolf, but some users have it working, so it's throwing my troubleshooting off.    @modus has lots of mods with it working, so it should work with just Wolf, one would think.

My normal KSP install has tons of mods, and was in the process of making videos for MKS/Wolf, when I found this interesting issue - full stop I am afraid.

Glad to see other users have the same issues I have, so there is that.

Edited by RookFett

3 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

What does WOLF do?

From the creator: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zft2Ka9gubOYQf4CQgvReTxpnP8_LQYNyHouEjQZqjw/edit

And the Wiki is a good resource:

Edited by notthebobo
Add additional links to Wiki

Well - I poked and prodded this over the course of the several days,  on separate computers, different configurations, different releases of MKS/USI, and analysis of the results/logs.

No Joy.   Same result - NRE on crew transfer UI.

I will await the next release by @RoverDudebefore I continue - unless someone has an idea that I haven't thought of.

On the bright side, I have a deeper understanding on the interactions of module manager/KSP and the logs it makes...

Thanks for your help @modus - still don't know how yours is working - guess it's a mystery :D - only thing I can figure one of your other mods is making it kick off - but I am not going to ask you to make a separate install with just MKS bleeding edge and see if it still works...   or did I just do that?  :cool:

2 hours ago, RookFett said:

Well - I poked and prodded this over the course of the several days,  on separate computers, different configurations, different releases of MKS/USI, and analysis of the results/logs.

No Joy.   Same result - NRE on crew transfer UI.

I will await the next release by @RoverDudebefore I continue - unless someone has an idea that I haven't thought of.

On the bright side, I have a deeper understanding on the interactions of module manager/KSP and the logs it makes...

Thanks for your help @modus - still don't know how yours is working - guess it's a mystery :D - only thing I can figure one of your other mods is making it kick off - but I am not going to ask you to make a separate install with just MKS bleeding edge and see if it still works...   or did I just do that?  :cool:

Just a suggestion : try to delete the module manager files in the gamedata directory. Except the dll one of course.