Jump to content

[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)


RoverDude
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/16/2022 at 9:15 AM, Clancythecat said:

Is there a config for the wolf system that allows me to transport the transport credits?

No, transport credits are there to pay for transporting other things. They're similar in non-transportability to habitation, life support, power and maintenance. Those numbers relate to running that specific depot.

If you made a mistake in producing transport credits (hint: with a few exceptions, you should never need transport credits) the options are basically to live with it, or to restore from a save that was made before you made the mistake.

5 hours ago, BT3 said:

Hello, I have a quick question about the Karibou rover wheels [which are broken]

I've been making extensive use of the Bon Voyage mod to handle rovers, mostly because the USI rover wheels are all broken and partly because giant rovers I've been making using the largest stock rover "wheels" are annoying to steer and drive. Bon Voyage teleports your rover into position so you don't have to deal with wonky steering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im trying to create a transport route from KSC to LKO but when i try to connect the computer to the depot while on the launch-pad i get an error saying the vessel is too small.  I have tried making larger ones, the the point where they are un-launchable, but i still keep getting the same issue.  Have i missed something basic, or is another mod messing it up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, welfensteen said:

Im trying to create a transport route from KSC to LKO but when i try to connect the computer to the depot while on the launch-pad i get an error saying the vessel is too small.  I have tried making larger ones, the the point where they are un-launchable, but i still keep getting the same issue.  Have i missed something basic, or is another mod messing it up?

In the release version, you need to have specific transport containers to count for vessel transport capacity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've installed the full mod, and cannot locate the Wolf harvester parts.

-I have every other Wolf part listed under the Wolf category (and every other MKS part). 

-My game data folder for Wolf is "Game Data > Umbra Space Industries > WOLF > Parts" and I can see the .cft for Harvesters 125 and 375.

-redownloaded and reinstalled full MKS mod

-I've been through my entire part list in both VAB and SPH and these two are the only missing parts

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations why my game seems to refuse to load these two specific parts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RoverDude, Having some problems with recovering a part from the USI mod. When I recover the part the game charges me 31million funds vs giving me money back. Is there some way for me to fix this? I was going through the part files but was not smart enough to figure out what part it was exactly or if this will happen with other parts. 

Thank you in advance for looking at this!

 

3ulFnup.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, priles said:

@RoverDude, Having some problems with recovering a part from the USI mod. When I recover the part the game charges me 31million funds vs giving me money back. Is there some way for me to fix this? I was going through the part files but was not smart enough to figure out what part it was exactly or if this will happen with other parts. 

Thank you in advance for looking at this!

 

3ulFnup.jpg

This is a bug with stock.  I recall there are some workaround mods to sort it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Promethean Initiative said:

I have every other Wolf part listed under the Wolf category (and every other MKS part). 

Which version of the mod did you install, from where?

My version has the WOLF MHU-500 Bulk Harvester and WOLF MHU-100 Bulk Harvester. I think the numbers in the cft relate to the original size of the module in a very old version.

65k5oir.png

Edited by JamesonKerbal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, priles said:

@RoverDude, Having some problems with recovering a part from the USI mod. When I recover the part the game charges me 31million funds vs giving me money back. Is there some way for me to fix this? I was going through the part files but was not smart enough to figure out what part it was exactly or if this will happen with other parts. 

Thank you in advance for looking at this!

 

3ulFnup.jpg

 is also an option (and imho a better one:sticktongue:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JamesonKerbal said:

Which version of the mod did you install, from where?

My version has the WOLF MHU-500 Bulk Harvester and WOLF MHU-100 Bulk Harvester. I think the numbers in the cft relate to the original size of the module in a very old version.

65k5oir.png

There it is!! I was glossing over them, remembering the older models looking like the Material Processing Units.

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's an example of a medium-sized depot expansion from the tutorial I've been working on for [checks watch] two years lol. Just a few MHU-500 in that monolith. Now if only I could land it without ripping off all the landing legs and engine nacelles.

2fi7o6K.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Why, may I ask, do you think KSPCF is a better choice?

I don't think this is the right place to discuss other mods. I'll DM you, if I remember:wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use Galileos planet pack and water doesn't exist on iota so far except as hydrates for WOLF, is there any way to mess with configs and add water to it? If it is possible, I'll need to modify the resources I get on Gael too since it doesn't match up to Kerbin.

Edited by Artificer_Drachen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

I use Galileos planet pack and water doesn't exist on iota so far except as hydrates for WOLF, is there any way to mess with configs and add water to it? If it is possible, I'll need to modify the resources I get on Gael too since it doesn't match up to Kerbin.

In theory, just add a planetary resource config (there should be some examples like Kerbin you can borrow from).  Planetary overrides Global.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

In theory, just add a planetary resource config (there should be some examples like Kerbin you can borrow from).  Planetary overrides Global.

thanks, one last thing I forgot to ask. But is there a way I can progressively add modules? Because I'd rather not have to launch a biomes whole infrastructure all in one vessel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Artificer_Drachen said:

thanks, one last thing I forgot to ask. But is there a way I can progressively add modules? Because I'd rather not have to launch a biomes whole infrastructure all in one vessel.

You need to start with the depot, but aside from that you only need to add enough modules in a chunk to not have any deficiencies.

Improving a depot/biome in stages is the intended usage as far as I am aware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

In theory, just add a planetary resource config (there should be some examples like Kerbin you can borrow from).  Planetary overrides Global.

Very last thing, I just need to know where exactly to look and what to type in order to add the config.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

Very last thing, I just need to know where exactly to look and what to type in order to add the config.

Looking in GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS\ResourceConfigs\water.cfg

I see entries like:

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
    ResourceName = Water
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Kerbin
    
    Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 100
        MinAbundance = 1
        MaxAbundance = 50
        Variance = 20
        Dispersal = 3
    }
}

So if you just duplicated this entry and changed the planet name from Kerbin to Iota (or however it is named in the other config files) then it seems like that should add water to iota with an abundance similar to what you find on the land parts of Kerbin.

 Be sure to check for a similar config entry in the Galileo planet pack however, as if there are two, I would expect the last one loaded to over-write the previous one, and as the default water is not zero, I am pretty sure the iota water config already exists somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Terwin said:

Looking in GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS\ResourceConfigs\water.cfg

I see entries like:

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
    ResourceName = Water
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Kerbin
    
    Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 100
        MinAbundance = 1
        MaxAbundance = 50
        Variance = 20
        Dispersal = 3
    }
}

So if you just duplicated this entry and changed the planet name from Kerbin to Iota (or however it is named in the other config files) then it seems like that should add water to iota with an abundance similar to what you find on the land parts of Kerbin.

 Be sure to check for a similar config entry in the Galileo planet pack however, as if there are two, I would expect the last one loaded to over-write the previous one, and as the default water is not zero, I am pretty sure the iota water config already exists somewhere.

Hm, I checked the GPP_resources/Res_CRP and there's already a config for water for the planets, Iota included.

Here's the entry:

BIOME_RESOURCE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]
{
    ResourceName = Water
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Iota
    BiomeName = Droops
    
    Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 1000
        MinAbundance = 4
        MaxAbundance = 10
        Variance = 40
        Dispersal = 10
    }
}

Also I do have rational resources installed too, would that cause an issue or is it unrelated?

Edited by Artificer_Drachen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

Hm, I checked the GPP_resources/Res_CRP and there's already a config for water for the planets, Iota included.

Here's the entry:

BIOME_RESOURCE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]
{
    ResourceName = Water
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Iota
    BiomeName = Droops
    
    Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 1000
        MinAbundance = 4
        MaxAbundance = 10
        Variance = 40
        Dispersal = 10
    }
}

Also I do have rational resources installed too, would that cause an issue or is it unrelated?

I'd remove Rational Resources and see if your problem vanishes.  If so.. there's your answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

one last thing I forgot to ask. But is there a way I can progressively add modules?

Here's how I do it:

  1. Create a cargo route to the new biome from a place that has surplus resources (eg: I export water, oxygen, food from Kerbin biomes to KSC, then to Kerbin Orbit, then to the new world's Orbit, then to a "hub" biome on the new world, then to the new biome I'm developing)
  2. Transfer basic resources: Food, Water, Oxygen, Material Kits
  3. Create the basic infrastructure with Habitation and Life Support (Life Support requires Food, Water, Oxygen)
  4. Start adding new infrastructure to eg: process Hydrates to get water, process water to get oxygen
  5. As you develop resources locally, cancel the routes bringing that resource into this biome

This can cut down from one monolithic 400t depot expansion to a few dozen 10t expansions. Somewhere in the middle is a nice balance between wrangling multiple missions versus building giant spacecraft and dealing with wobblies/kraken.

And then I give up on wrangling a dozen small launches and end up with giant monoliths like the one in the image I posted earlier — an expansion destined for the Farside Basin on Mun. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I'd remove Rational Resources and see if your problem vanishes.  If so.. there's your answer.

Turns out after booting up a new sandbox and testing things, rational resources likely does mess with WOLF resources. Now is there a way to "reset" the resources on existing saves or am I gonna have to go about mostly using the old fashioned mks colonization since it doesn't fix the resources on said existing saves. 

Edited by Artificer_Drachen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

Now is there a way to "reset" the resources on existing saves or am I gonna have to go about mostly using the old fashioned mks colonization since it doesn't fix the resources on said existing saves.

You can use the Brute Force and Ignorance approach — my favourite approach, due to my complete lack of sophistication and tact. Look for a SCENARIO block with the attribute "name = WOLF_ScenarioModule". Under that will be a DEPOTS block containing DEPOT blocks describing all the explored depots/biomes. You can either delete a DEPOT block to return that biome to unexplored status, or edit the RESOURCE blocks it contains to set those resources to what you want them to be.

Specifically for water, you'll be looking to update RESOURCE blocks containing "ResourceName = WaterVein" (this sample edited for brevity):

SCENARIO
{
       name = WOLF_ScenarioModule
       …
       DEPOTS
       {
                DEPOT
                {
                        Body = Kerbin
                        Biome = KSC
                        IsEstablished = True
                        IsSurveyed = True
                        RESOURCE
                        {
                                ResourceName = OxygenVein
                                Incoming = 1000
                                Outgoing = 5
                        }
                        RESOURCE
                        {
                                ResourceName = WaterVein
                                Incoming = 750
                                Outgoing = 15
                        }

For unimproved biome depots the "Incoming" value is just the resources that are "naturally" present in that biome. For improved depots, those numbers are altered by imports, exports, harvesters, refineries, extractors, etc. All those modules boil down to simply modifiers to these numbers. Once the expansion is connected to the depot, these numbers are changed and all the objects cease to exist (the entire point of WOLF is to reduce the part count, this is how it's accomplished).

For biomes that you haven't explored yet, these DEPOT blocks don't exist. You can return a depot to unexplored condition by deleting the block (I haven't tried changing IsSurveyed to False yet, I suspect that simply stops the biome showing up under Harvestable Resources, without changing the abundance of resources in that biome).

 

Edited by JamesonKerbal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...