Jump to content

[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)


RoverDude
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

Turns out after booting up a new sandbox and testing things, rational resources likely does mess with WOLF resources. Now is there a way to "reset" the resources on existing saves or am I gonna have to go about mostly using the old fashioned mks colonization since it doesn't fix the resources on said existing saves. 

Disappointing.  Since despite the fact that when this first came up, in the interest of harmony we removed all opinionated resource definitions from CRP, looks like Rational Resources still plays poorly in a shared sandbox and is screwing with things it should not.  In theory, all you have to do is just delete Rational Resources, and that will allow the stock resource system to work as designed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm quite new to MKS & have been starting a new career save with it, and the community tech tree - which is essential, since the stock tree unlocks too many MKS parts at once in stock nodes.   But even with CTT, I feel like some advanced parts may be exposed to the player in earlier nodes than they should be.    It seems like the "Ranger" series should be the first colony parts we use, but the ball / anchor hub is way out in Composites, (300 science to unlock, with my game settings) -  Ranger Inflatable Storage is in Logistics... I'll need to upgrade R&D before I can unlock these!  But several Tundra and Wolf parts are unlocked in  Advanced Construction, no R&D upgrade required ;)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm having a problem with Tweakscale and USI Life suport and or USI Kolonization when I launch the game I'm getting a screen saying that i'm missing a DLL and that "System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException"  dont know if this is what you need but here is the part of log.


[ERR 08:14:19.680] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KolonyTools': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'USITools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'USITools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

 

i also only get it when i have USI Kolonization or USI life suport installed with tweakScale. im using CKAN

Edited by Dragokiller
forgot some stuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dragokiller said:

 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'USITools,

Can you look for / do you have:
[KSP folder name]\GameData\000_USITools    ?
(CKAN is probably supposed to take care of dependencies, but maybe something fell through the cracks.  I don't use CKAN.)
Tutorial (Installation) · UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS Wiki · GitHub

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, basic.syntax said:

Can you look for / do you have:
[KSP folder name]\GameData\000_USITools    ?
(CKAN is probably supposed to take care of dependencies, but maybe something fell through the cracks.  I don't use CKAN.)
Tutorial (Installation) · UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS Wiki · GitHub

yes I do, it only happens when I install life suport or kolonization so im not really sure what's going on

Edited by Dragokiller
forgot some stuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!
I would like to play a modded KSP with MKS. I have installed a few mods using CKAN. My game is version 1.12.3, CKAN tells me MKS max game version is 1.12.9, so it should be compatible, yet I do not have the checkbox on the left to select MKS for install, as if it was not compatible.
What should I do to install MKS, other than download it and install it manually (which I will do as a last resort)?
Thanks in advance.
hYLnr7P.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gilead said:

Hello!
I would like to play a modded KSP with MKS. I have installed a few mods using CKAN. My game is version 1.12.3, CKAN tells me MKS max game version is 1.12.9, so it should be compatible, yet I do not have the checkbox on the left to select MKS for install, as if it was not compatible.
What should I do to install MKS, other than download it and install it manually (which I will do as a last resort)?
Thanks in advance.
 

CKAN can be kind of Jankey, it is recommended to manually install.

As RoverDude no longer supports CKAN, it is possible that whoever made the latest changes left out something important(like USItools or firespitter) and so CKAN is seeing a missing dependency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gilead said:

Hello!
I would like to play a modded KSP with MKS. I have installed a few mods using CKAN. My game is version 1.12.3, CKAN tells me MKS max game version is 1.12.9, so it should be compatible, yet I do not have the checkbox on the left to select MKS for install, as if it was not compatible.
What should I do to install MKS, other than download it and install it manually (which I will do as a last resort)?
Thanks in advance.
 

The problem is Firespitter Core which is only marked as compatible up to KSP 1.11.99.

Either manually force the install of Firespitter Core before trying to install MKS (select Firespitter Core -> click versions tab -> click checkbox for most recent version -> click "install" when prompted by warning box) or change your CKAN compatibility settings to allow all 1.11 and 1.12 mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Since I can't seem to find uraninite on iota and I don't know how to add it to the "resource table", I went ahead and added a module to the tundra refinery. Basically just copied the refined exotics module and made it so the refinery extracts "trace amounts of uraninite" from the rare minerals and metals.

Same for some other recipes like trying to get deuterium from hydrates/water and helium 3 from regolith.

Edited by Artificer_Drachen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone running a current let's play/tutorial videos for this mod? I've found some videos for MKS on YT that are a few years old (and of course there is the wiki with a huge guide from 2020 :) ) but I was hoping there might be some videos out there for the current version. Unless of course the older videos are not terribly outdated in terms of basic gameplay/concepts then, never mind. 

Thank you!

Edited by Zalym
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Zalym

Well, the major change is ofcourse the introduction of WOLF. Haven't seen a YT series or showcase on that. IIRC @RoverDudedid do some streams showing of WOLF.

AFAIK in general MKS still works the same, so I guess the older videos are still fine.

Edited by modus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2022 at 11:55 PM, Zalym said:

Is anyone running a current let's play/tutorial videos for this mod? I've found some videos for MKS on YT that are a few years old (and of course there is the wiki with a huge guide from 2020 :) )

Mark Thrimm's YT tutorials are just great:

 

I'm trying to update the WOLF tutorial with the latest stable version but following a script is just not something I'm good at. When it takes five minutes to launch an SSTO spaceplane and I make a little mistake in not following the script, the fun disappears very quickly. I hope to have it published this weekend but there's about 20 hours of gameplay to get through before considering bloopers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you both very much.
I'm just getting into this (I tried it a long time ago, but bounced off). I've been watching Mark Thrimm's videos, they are helpful for sure! I'll be on the lookout for your WOLF videos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm currently following this guide to Wolf: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/WOLF-—-Industry-without-the-part-count

I'm at the moment when I have to create a route between 2 biomes, but when I click "connect to origin depot" on the wolf transport computer, I get a message "this vessel is too small to establish a  transport route".

I searched everywhere and couldn't find any information about what criteria the vessel has to meet to be able to establish routes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, HeavyDestroyer said:

Hi, I'm currently following this guide to Wolf: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/WOLF-—-Industry-without-the-part-count

I'm at the moment when I have to create a route between 2 biomes, but when I click "connect to origin depot" on the wolf transport computer, I get a message "this vessel is too small to establish a  transport route".

I searched everywhere and couldn't find any information about what criteria the vessel has to meet to be able to establish routes.

 

Nevermind, the vessel didn't have any wolf cargo container and adding one fixed the problem. But there wasn't any information on the guide mentioning that this is how it should be done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, HeavyDestroyer said:

Nevermind, the vessel didn't have any wolf cargo container and adding one fixed the problem. But there wasn't any information on the guide mentioning that this is how it should be done.

The entire system has changed a lot since that walkthrough was written. I'll have a new tutorial complete with sample craft released this weekend I hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, JamesonKerbal said:

The entire system has changed a lot since that walkthrough was written. I'll have a new tutorial complete with sample craft released this weekend I hope.

I noticed that.

Also, I think I found a bug:

I am sending Wolf Material Kits to Kerbin orbit, I set up the route and everything. Now I have 5 Material Kits available in my Kerbin Orbit depot. I send a 3.75m Wolf Manufacturing Hopper to my space station to start converting these Wolf Material Kits to "real" material kits.  The material kits are being produced and now I have 5 outgoing Material kits in Kerbin Orbit in the Wolf Dashboard, and therefore 0 available.

So until then everything seems to work as intended.

But after launching my game again today, I went to my space station and the material kits were still being produced by the hopper, yet in the Wolf dashboard, it says there was 0 "outgoing" material kits.  In the Routes tab, in Manage transfers, I stopped sending Material kits to Kerbin Orbit, and even after that, the Hopper was still working. So I am basically getting Material Kits for free.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, HeavyDestroyer said:

But after launching my game again today, I went to my space station and the material kits were still being produced by the hopper, yet in the Wolf dashboard, it says there was 0 "outgoing" material kits. 

Yup. There's a bit of flakiness in the system. I'm not sure what the secret sauce is to get things working as expected, but one thing I've found is that if you have multiple hoppers in operation and that "reset" happens you need to disconnect all the hoppers before reconnecting them again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to know where are the values for Wolf harvestable resources stored for game saves.  Like where it says that in that specific save, KSC biome has x amount of Ore. Because I want to change some stuff, or even add new resources.

I looked in the save files and couldn't find anything, or maybe I'm just blind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, HeavyDestroyer said:

I'd like to know where are the values for Wolf harvestable resources stored for game saves.  Like where it says that in that specific save, KSC biome has x amount of Ore. Because I want to change some stuff, or even add new resources.

I looked in the save files and couldn't find anything, or maybe I'm just blind.

It leverages the stock resource system, so it's determined by a seed which is used to determine stock resource levels, which we then extrapolate into WOLF values.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HeavyDestroyer said:

where are the values for Wolf harvestable resources stored for game saves.

Look for a "SCENARIO" block with the name "WOLF_ScenarioModule". This holds all the persistent data for WOLF.

As an example you might see:

SCENARIO
{
    name = WOLF_ScenarioModule
    scene = 6, 7, 5, 8
    CREWROUTES
    {
    }
    DEPOTS
    {
        DEPOT
        {
            Body = Minmus
            Biome = Midlands
            IsEstablished = True
            IsSurveyed = True
            RESOURCE
            {
                ResourceName = OxygenVein
                Incoming = 0
                Outgoing = 0
            }
            ... (more RESOURCE blocks)
            }
        }
    }
}

Each resource is named "ResourceVein" because what's in the WOLF depot is an abundance (an abstraction of concentration)  not an actual resource production level.

These DEPOT sections are added as you survey a biome or establish a depot in a biome. Until you perform a survey the resource availability is not shown in the "Harvestable Resources" pane of the WOLF Dashboard.

 

Edited by JamesonKerbal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I found it. I was able to add UraniniteVein to KSC Biome. Because there is something weird: the refinery is able to produce EnrichedUranium, but requires Uraninite. And there is no UraniniteVein, nor Uraninite option in the Bulk Harvester. So I will also modify the Harvester so it can harvest Uraninite. There is also no hopper for EnrichedUranium.

 

If I want UraniniteVein to spawn in the biomes I haven't established a depot yet, would adding Uraninite in the AllowedHarvestableResources line in the WOLF.cfg file work ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The stock "extract ore" type of contracts seems to be broken again with respect to the MKS drills. Manually changing the ResourceExtractionParameter to USI_Harvester helps though.

Is there a way to make this automatic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...