Jump to content

[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)


RoverDude
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to increase the distance between the "spawn point" for vessels built in orbit and the parent vessel that built them?

Whenever I use my big orbital shipyard to build a big interplanetary ship, the ship spawns clipping inside the shipyard, resulting in explosions or, most often, game crashes.
Alternatively if I could predict the orientation that the spacecraft will have when it spawns I could be able to orient the shipyard prior to spawning the new vessel in such a way that the two don't collide. But I don't quite understand how the orientation of the spawned craft is determined.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lBoBl said:

Is there a way to increase the distance between the "spawn point" for vessels built in orbit and the parent vessel that built them?

At the moment, the distance is hardcoded and can not be changed with configfiles: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/blob/eecfe00077c8c9f643b55d821c15fcaa53ee26f9/Source/Konstruction/Konstructor/OrbitalKonstructorModule.cs#L15

Edit: You could try waiting until the vessel is 90° farther along in the orbit. This might rotate the built vessel by 90° relative to the shipyard.

Edited by mhoram
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mhoram said:

Edit: You could try waiting until the vessel is 90° farther along in the orbit. This might rotate the built vessel by 90° relative to the shipyard.

Yeah that is kind of what I do but basically I have to guess when during my orbit I can build a ship and every time I guess wrong my game crashes and I have to wait 15 minutes to try again. It generates some frustration. 

Maybe I should build a smaller shipyard instead

Edited by lBoBl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

I have to guess when during my orbit I can build a ship

Have you tried to use a smaller indicator-vessel (with distinct directions up, forward, right), that lets you estimate, if the bigger vessel can be built?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, mhoram said:

Have you tried to use a smaller indicator-vessel (with distinct directions up, forward, right), that lets you estimate, if the bigger vessel can be built?

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of it, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Can i delete Firespitter without messing up other functions?just don't want those plane parts.

You might also consider Janitor's Closet.  It requires a little effort to hide or permanently prune parts - you can't batch hide - but it's a great way of reducing unwanted part loading.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Question on Kolony growth. I have gotten everything setup, seen the "birthday" set to 120 days-ish,  and I timewarped and a Kerbal was birthed.

Am I to assume this only works when in scene and not in background simulation? This base was around many years as I was doing other things and no other births occured.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:23 AM, Guolin said:

I have a few questions about the KonFabricator:

1) How do I add more volume to it? I have another container attached to the same vessel with 2500L of storage, but it says my KonFabricator can only create parts with 1200L volume max.

I changed mine with this patch

@PART[Kosntruction_Workshop_250]:Final
{
	%MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]
	{
		%InventorySlots = 25
		%packedVolumeLimit = 52000
	}
}

Note that the ":FINAL" from the patch in KSP\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Konstruction\Patches\EVAConstructionTweaks.cfg may need to be removed for this to work right, I had some dueling "FINALS" going on
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2022 at 10:35 AM, gomker said:

Question on Kolony growth. I have gotten everything setup, seen the "birthday" set to 120 days-ish,  and I timewarped and a Kerbal was birthed.

Am I to assume this only works when in scene and not in background simulation? This base was around many years as I was doing other things and no other births occured.

I changed mine with this patch

@PART[Kosntruction_Workshop_250]:Final
{
	%MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]
	{
		%InventorySlots = 25
		%packedVolumeLimit = 52000
	}
}

Note that the ":FINAL" from the patch in KSP\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Konstruction\Patches\EVAConstructionTweaks.cfg may need to be removed for this to work right, I had some dueling "FINALS" going on
 

Just in case that was a cut paste, Konstruction is misspelled on the first line "Kosntruction".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2022 at 10:56 PM, FC_Sama said:

Might've been answered already but where exactly are the configs for TAC-LS? I can't seem to find them on this page or TAC-LS.

The MKS package has a TAC-LS.cfg if that's what you mean.

Another question that might've been answered already, is there a way to fix the Karibou wheels yet, so they don't ridiculously over-steer, especially closer to the CoM? Sometimes they even get stuck in 90° positions when I stop turning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Danilo Coelho said:

Hi guys, so, I've been away for some time and reinstalled KSP last night. I was trying to place some of the Atlas parts on the ground but I couldn't find a way. Do you guys know a solution?

 

aca3ghcbya471.png

RoverDude promised some updated models eventually, for right now the big domes are kinda broken. :(

The 10m domes sit better.

 

KoS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Could we get an option for configuring what resources are needed for making parts/ships(a difficulty option kinda like what USI-LS has)?  While I can't speak for anyone else, to me at least when you have material kits and specialized parts, needing 5 other resources that seem like they would be included at part of the first 2 just ends up feeling like unnecessary added complexity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Zmeya said:

Could we get an option for configuring what resources are needed for making parts/ships(a difficulty option kinda like what USI-LS has)?  While I can't speak for anyone else, to me at least when you have material kits and specialized parts, needing 5 other resources that seem like they would be included at part of the first 2 just ends up feeling like unnecessary added complexity.

There's already an option to turn off the machinery component.  For anything else, Module Manager is your friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RoverDude said:

There's already an option to turn off the machinery component.  For anything else, Module Manager is your friend.

Anything beyond making a clone of a relatively simple part using or producing a different resource(eg. an LH2 fueled clone of a stock jet engine) is beyond my abilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello all!

I'm back again asking questions.   My game bonked out and I'm having to reload all of my mods again.  I had upto 300 of them at the time it bonked.  I've removed ALL mods and I'm reinstalling one-by-one.  Right now I'm working from the Oldest to the Newest... And as I find issues, I try to bring them to the Creators in hopes for some answers.

I just installed USI Kolonization Systems v112.0.1 and the following errors popped into my KSP.log:

Line    50: [ERR 18:53:08.326] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: USIToolsUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Line    52: [ERR 18:53:08.326] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: USIToolsUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Line    54: [ERR 18:53:08.331] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KonstructionUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Line    56: [ERR 18:53:08.331] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KonstructionUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Line    58: [ERR 18:53:08.334] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: WOLFUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Line    60: [ERR 18:53:08.334] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: WOLFUI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

    Line   267: [ERR 18:53:09.833] DDS: DXT3(1024x1024, MipMap=False) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5
    Line  8133: [ERR 18:53:26.687] ExperienceSystemConfig: Experience trait 'Engineer' already exists, and trying to add a duplicate Effect of 'FundsBoost'
    Line  8135: [ERR 18:53:26.687] ExperienceSystemConfig: Experience trait 'Engineer' already exists, and trying to add a duplicate Effect of 'GeologySkill'
    Line  8138: [ERR 18:53:26.687] ExperienceSystemConfig: Experience trait 'Scientist' already exists, and trying to add a duplicate Effect of 'ScienceBoost'
    Line  8140: [ERR 18:53:26.687] ExperienceSystemConfig: Experience trait 'Scientist' already exists, and trying to add a duplicate Effect of 'BotanySkill'
    Line  8142: [ERR 18:53:26.687] ExperienceSystemConfig: Experience trait 'Scientist' already exists, and trying to add a duplicate Effect of 'AgronomySkill'
    Line  8144: [ERR 18:53:26.687] ExperienceSystemConfig: Experience trait 'Scientist' already exists, and trying to add a duplicate Effect of 'MedicalSkill'
    Line 10564: [ERR 18:53:47.440] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'USILS_HabitationSwapOption'

The Trait errors are kicked in from the USITools mod along with 2 binder errors.

WOLFUI binders and the last error popped up when I installed the USI Kolonization System Mod.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.... Next mod to install is USI Life Support... (fingers Crossed)

UPDATE:  When I installed USI Life Support - the Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'USILS_HabitationSwapOption error Resolved itself!

Edited by Xtra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2022 at 1:05 AM, Xtra said:

Right now I'm working from the Oldest to the Newest...

You should add all USI mods at once. They have multiple dependencies on each other, giving you the "assembly not found" errors if one is missing.

Or otherwise figure out each mod's dependencies individually and add those along with each mod that you want to install. That's going to be necessary for most non-trivial mods too, not just USI.  However most people just rely on CKAN to do this for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jd284 said:

You should add all USI mods at once. They have multiple dependencies on each other, giving you the "assembly not found" errors if one is missing.

Or otherwise figure out each mod's dependencies individually and add those along with each mod that you want to install. That's going to be necessary for most non-trivial mods too, not just USI.  However most people just rely on CKAN to do this for them.

That's pretty much what I've been doing.  I pick a mod, update - see that it requires additional before launching... Uncheck it and install the dependent ones first to see how they react and then go to the one I was going to install and install that one.  It's a very long process, especially when I'm going all the way back to a 0.90 Max game version mod like Mk2 Avionics, or Strip Symmetry...  But they didn't kick up any errors at all.  Wasn't until I got to the Karibou Explorer Rover that I started getting errors and it required USITools.

 

Edited by Xtra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...