[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

I think i have missed a few updates, but what are those "resource iodes"? How does one approach them? Do we just point a drill at it and mine? What resource does it yield? How do we check what resources would it yield?

Edited by Stikkychaos

2 minutes ago, Stikkychaos said:

I think i have missed a few updates, but what are those "resource iodes"? How does one approach them? Do we just point a drill at it and mine? What resource does it yield? How do we check what resources would it yield?

It's like dirt in that it'll give you what ever you have storage for. You use have to grapple the lode and then you can use a separate function on the sifter to sift the lode. This is the craft i use, notice the stock claw on the back and the sifter on the top at the front.

v6ld9yP.png

According to the Ranger Sifter config file, ResourceLode produces 4 times the resources as a similar amount of dirt and a sifter can process 100 times as much ResourceLode as it can dirt.

And instead of drilling for all that dirt, you just need to drive out and collect the node(or process it on-site).

I'm not understanding what this ScienceMultiplier, RepMultiplier, FundsMultiplier under the KOLONIZATION_SETTINGs is supposed to be for.  Is this saying that every scientist I have in flight is passively giving me science (same with rep and funds for the pilot and engineer)?  Because I absolutely do not want that to be happening.

36 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Every scientist in a landed MKS base generates that.    So if it is something you don't want, you can either (a) remove it, or (b) don't collect it (it has to be actively collected, similar to the MPL).

I see.  Then I'm just going to set those multipliers to zero so that I cant accidentally collect it.  Thanks!

with the latest updates i got also filter extensions .. now i have the USI-related branches doubled (categorys on the left side --> Kolonization, Construction, Logistics, Manufacturing & Rovers)

I wonder if anyone noticed tourists give a massive bonus on the tundra industrial refinerys ;P (about 500% ++ load?)

anyone else noticed these 2 things?

love the update anyways!

5 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

with the latest updates i got also filter extensions .. now i have the USI-related branches doubled (categorys on the left side --> Kolonization, Construction, Logistics, Manufacturing & Rovers)

Confirmed.  You want to file the bug report on Github?

40 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

I wonder if anyone noticed tourists give a massive bonus on the tundra industrial refinerys ;P (about 500% ++ load?)

anyone else noticed these 2 things?

love the update anyways!

And here I was thinking that I had caused those duplications when doing the latest mod updates.  Been retracing my steps for the last hour or so to make sure it wasn't me before I posted something.  Thanks for posting!  Now I know I can move on to other things haha

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

For the duplicate categories, delete any copy of USITools not in the 000_USITools folder.

marked that as solved, this works out: USI-related branches are doubled in categorys

(ty for the quick reply tho hehe)

EDIT: "USITools.dll" & "USITools.pdb" in the MKS folder!

EDIT 2:

"Fixed texture path for Toolbar icons (Thanks fat-lobyte!)"
--> not for me .. still purple if I rename the folder "Kolonization"

--> error from log:
[ERR 07:50:17.974] [Toolbar] [ERROR] button texture not found: UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Kolony24

Edited by LatiMacciato

I'm having a strange issue with the Akita wheels. Maybe it's CollisionFX at fault, but whenever it's rolling, there's lots of sparks like parts are colliding. Seems mostly cosmetic, driving is unaffected. Just wondering if it's known or something to be concerned with. Hate to put one on Duna and have the Kraken eat it.

Anybody else getting insane-o-load with the new release? All my refineries/factories/etc are running like 3000% load, as are smelters and crushers configured for efficiency (which, before I turned off the smelters, was draining EC so fast I thought it was some kind of PDU/PL bug). Reactors were ramping up similarly in reaction, but heat efficiency meant they couldn't keep up. Doesn't seem to be affecting drills, though.

I tried a quick delete-and-reinstall, but it's still acting weird.

EDIT: Also, zee governors, ze do nothink. This is what they're for, right? But my workshop does 2341.98% with the governor at 1.0, and 2341.98% with the governor at 0.1 as well.

Edited by zabieru

12 hours ago, damerell said:

Thanks. I must have missed that on the Wiki. Sorry.

Nope, it's just not up there yet (this is a new mechanic).

I'm in the middle of updating the KSPedia entry for all the new mechanics and part of that is putting together a guide and craft files for 'Active Resource Harvesting' which i'll update on the wiki once done.

On that front @jd284 could you send me the craft file for that rover you've designed. It's a pretty inventive way to move the new lodes around.

I'm on page 1 of 19 in this new thread and the changelog is already 19 entries long. This is gonna be a big update!

6 hours ago, symmeclept said:

I'm having a strange issue with the Akita wheels. Maybe it's CollisionFX at fault, but whenever it's rolling, there's lots of sparks like parts are colliding. Seems mostly cosmetic, driving is unaffected. Just wondering if it's known or something to be concerned with. Hate to put one on Duna and have the Kraken eat it.

If you can upload a craft file i'll happily take a look.

4 hours ago, zabieru said:

Anybody else getting insane-o-load with the new release? All my refineries/factories/etc are running like 3000% load, as are smelters and crushers configured for efficiency (which, before I turned off the smelters, was draining EC so fast I thought it was some kind of PDU/PL bug). Reactors were ramping up similarly in reaction, but heat efficiency meant they couldn't keep up. Doesn't seem to be affecting drills, though.

EDIT: Also, zee governors, ze do nothink. This is what they're for, right? But my workshop does 2341.98% with the governor at 1.0, and 2341.98% with the governor at 0.1 as well.

Seems to have been noted a couple of times but there is no definitive bug report yet, others have mentioned Tourists as possibly being the issue. If you can it'd be useful if you can recreate the issues in a brand new save with only USI + Stock installed and then post the save file for others to confirm. I'll get on this in a couple of hours if someone doesn't before then.

7 hours ago, symmeclept said:

Yeah that's CollisionFX doing something

5 hours ago, zabieru said:

Yeah, I need to take a look.

Ok - there's a fix up :)

Also some catch-up on the changelog:

0.50.13 - 2017.01.16
--------------------
Fixed runaway efficiency bonuses
Removed duplicate USITools

0.50.12 - 2017.01.15
--------------------
Performance updates
Added the ability for MKS modules to enable ground tethering.
Added additional fixes for overly 'jittery' bases.
Added weight transfer to the small KIS container (Thanks Wyzard256!)
Added weight transfer to the radial liquid tank and other Ranger-size tanks (Thanks dboi88!)
Fixed texture path for Toolbar icons (Thanks fat-lobyte!)
Fixed issue where the KoloniationMonitor was displaying incorrect resources (thanks again fat-lobyte!)
Efficiency Parts are no longer bound to skill bonuses

0.50.11 - 2017.01.08
--------------------
Fixed an issue where multi-bay modules were not operating at peak efficiency (Note that this is a USI Tools change so be sure to have the latest version!  This is why I bundle MiniAVC ;))
Reduced the size of Resource Lodes to 5kl
Added a new resource lode that can be found via the orbital survey scanner.  Unlike the smaller ones found with the Pioneer module, these are planet-wide and significantly larger (500kl).
Scouts can now be recruited.
The USI-LS window no longer conflicts with the Kolonization Dashboard.
Fixed prices of Tundra manufacturing modules.