[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

51 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Yes they do. You need to use the Kolonization menu to hire them though. (well you don't need to but this is the design intention) the amount and spread of professions appearing in the astronaut complex is all goofed.

Not sure if it is a bug - but if you use the "random" kerbal button, you will sometimes get Pilots, Engineers and Scientists.

Hi,

No matter what I do, I cannot get my base to behave the way I would like it to: when the base is the active vessel, supplies go up steadily, but whenever I go away and time warp, supplies go down over time (as reported by the USI-LS panel), but won't go up again on vessel re-focus and catchup.

I seem to have enough storage for 6 hours worth of each resource, except electric charge, unless I'm mis-calculating:

ejdt8pz.jpg

9 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Provide a save with the base in question, using only stock and USI parts (which it looks like that one has) and attach it to a Github issue.

Are mechjeb and KER parts a problem ? (else I could remove them). But the biggest potential problem is I'm using Galileo planet pack. I should probably transplant the ship to another install.

4 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Yes they do. You need to use the Kolonization menu to hire them though. (well you don't need to but this is the design intention) the amount and spread of professions appearing in the astronaut complex is all goofed.

I've been going over RoverDudes list of new Kerbals and Skills. Are you able to advise what benefit a Scout gives / when you'd use them? I checked the list of Skills on the wiki and there's nothing about the  ExplorerSkill that the Scout has.

38 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

I've been going over RoverDudes list of new Kerbals and Skills. Are you able to advise what benefit a Scout gives / when you'd use them? I checked the list of Skills on the wiki and there's nothing about the  ExplorerSkill that the Scout has.

I believe it makes them immune to habitation effects - but I'm not sure what else they might be able to do.  (Having them immune to that is nice, but without them being able to do anything else it's not really all that useful...)

Correct, they are immune to hab effects.  The plus is that you'll at least have one Kerbal running around who is not homesick, and (as the name implies) they are good for long-range missions where you need a Kerbal for whatever reason (lack of comms, etc.).

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Should be sorted already :)

The 2 Tundra's I spoken about have now 244.39% load with 8 crew members (1 pilot, 1 tourist and 6 engi's aboard with each 1 star). They refine 3x MTO and 3x SUB and contain each 3 engi's in this station I have noticed that high load.

Also notice that I have 4 smelters additionally, 2 also get happy with MTO, and 2 are satisfied with MTO (having a load of 81.46%).

I wonder if the 244,39% are as intended cuz of the "workers"/engi's are getting a visit by a tourist and are kinda happier to keep on showing to get reputation .. but then i ask myself .. do they hate me instead? .. why they're not always that busy? :D

I assume the load isn't yet completely balanced .. or I'm wrong, but if so please correct me.

Regards

EDIT: another station of mine, same concept, but just 1 pilot, 1 engi aboard. smelters have 45% load, tundra's are at 135% load.

EDIT2: .. oh and what is the ground tether? sorta like Autostrut for landed things to stick to the ground?

Edited by LatiMacciato

OK. I finally unlock some parts in career, ship them to Minmus, painstakingly land them in the right place. Now I need 8000 material kits just to inflate my habitat? Is that right? It's ridiculous.

*It feels like some F2P game where you have to pay to unlock the thing you already paid for. I think MKS just got the boot from my game.

Edited by symmeclept

3 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

OK. I finally unlock some parts in career, ship them to Minmus, painstakingly land them in the right place. Now I need 8000 material kits just to inflate my habitat? Is that right? It's ridiculous.

well, I have unlocked the whole tree already, but been to Mun only yet :D

Edited by LatiMacciato

3 minutes ago, mjones1052 said:

So, I recovered a resource lode and it gave me about 100,000,000 credits.  Is that right?  I guess you're not actually supposed to recover, it was just lit up so I figured I'd see what happened.

great deal! (Kerbin-Lodes are only for test-purposes as RD stated)

23 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

*It feels like some F2P game where you have to pay to unlock the thing you already paid for. I think MKS just got the boot from my game.

Or you could make materials kits onsite to inflate them.  In the RMB button menu in the VAB it tells what it needs to deploy, or change modes.  If you have an existing base that your expanding you can ship in the modules which dont weight very much, then mine materials and make the material kits onsite.  Or give yourself unlimited materials if mining and processing is too much work or if shipping mass to orbit is too much work.

10 minutes ago, Temeriki said:

Or you could make materials kits onsite to inflate them.  In the RMB button menu in the VAB it tells what it needs to deploy, or change modes.  If you have an existing base that your expanding you can ship in the modules which dont weight very much, then mine materials and make the material kits onsite.  Or give yourself unlimited materials if mining and processing is too much work or if shipping mass to orbit is too much work.

Yeah, missed that. Kind of a shock from a simple upgrade. Thought I was being proactive sending some 1.25 Kans, just for maintenance. I thought wrong. I haven't unlocked the survey scanner, much less the means to make anything on-site, yet.

Word up kiddies: Don't update mods in the middle of a game.

1 hour ago, symmeclept said:

Yeah, missed that. Kind of a shock from a simple upgrade. Thought I was being proactive sending some 1.25 Kans, just for maintenance. I thought wrong. I haven't unlocked the survey scanner, much less the means to make anything on-site, yet.

Updating what mod, MKS has had those things in for a bit now?  Or you mean like adding mods mid game, cause the MKS git wiki shows how in depth this mod is...... https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki

1 hour ago, symmeclept said:

The need to have material kits to "simply" inflate a module took me by surprise the first time too, then I understood the logic. The kits comprise the "materials" you are filling the module with to turn it from a simple pressurized balloon into an actual working facility, whether hab or greenhouse or whatever...

It does make sense, and now I make sure I have plenty in store for my build-a-base projects...

My first lander had two hab modules and a greenhouse on it, only brought enough on the fist crewed trip to inflate one hab module and the greenhouse (expensive and heavy), giving me something like 2+ years of hab and home time with a lander can and copula on top (for 2 kerbals).  I messed around for a few hours in sandbox with hyperedit, actually testing things on the ground helps.

@symmeclept I don't really know what your here for but your attitude stinks. If it's help and advice your after youll find people ard more receptive when you aren't so rude.  If it's feed back for roverdude then at least take the time to understand why something is the way it is before hand so you can at least put forward a reasoned response rather than just calling it ridiculous because it exists. If you just came to have a moan then you're not welcome.

8 hours ago, dboi88 said:

But that's awesome! I'm early on in my MKS game and only just landed on the Mun, but I'm currently working contracts to scrape enough unlocked HAB benefits together to launch my Minmus mission. I'm going to have to hire a scout tonight and start that mission NOW!

Any reason the Scout isn't one of the new skills added or that just something that was overlooked? The pages says 9 news skills for a total of twelve (Scout now being one of them). Scout is only mentioned in the "Crew Skills Breakout Table" part of the wiki page. 

I can submit a wiki page edit if that helps, or should I leave that to those who have had experience with the GitHub wiki formatting?