[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

So... Just for a test, I created a clean KSP install, ran it once, then copied the current release of USI Constellation into it. I Opened KSP, started a new sandbox game, then quit.

After this, the KSP log was quite full of warnings and errors on USI parts and things: missing textures, missing sounds, invalid floats, null reference exception, etc.

Is this normal? I do not get so many warnings and errors on any of the other mods except Firespitter.

When I hit the B1 - next bay on the tundra expandable habs in the VAB to change from greenhouse, I get a full game crash - I tested it in a new sandbox, but need it's a heavily modded game so going to try on a fresh copy later today.  Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by mavric1298

6 minutes ago, mavric1298 said:

When I hit the B1 - next bay on the tundra expandable habs in the VAB to change from greenhouse, I get a full game crash - I tested it in a new sandbox, but need it's a heavily modded game so going to try on a fresh copy later today.  Anyone else seeing this?

Have you tried wiping you MM cache and whatnot.

1 hour ago, Temeriki said:

Can you explain this ground anchor and its krakenbanes powers?

Yeah it's like an invisible anchor holding your base to the ground. So i had a really long base where one end would be thrown into the air a good 20m on every physics load and would often damage itself on the way back down. It no longer jumps or moves anywhere. I had a base on stilts (extended cradles) on a really steep slope(the base is level) and it'd jitter around a lot. No longer moves. I had a base on small slope that would just slowly slide down all the time, it was always moving at 0.1m/s, it no longer moves. The final use i've found for it is when moving around a full 3.75 kontainer using the Kontsruction parts if i went over 1m/s then the brakes would never stop the 300 ton rolling beast. So i've added the module to the kontainers using MM and i can now 'throw out my ground anchor' and actually stop.

29 minutes ago, BoPET said:

Well, I kinda figured how to solve it. At least it looks so. I will double-check it some time later but it seems that it works just fine.

I have re-installed USI LS from github and everything worked fine. Perhaps it was really some missing DLLs there which were needed for MKS to work properly.

... But the USI icon is still missing textures, however, as long as the mod works, I don't care.

Glad you got it resolved, the icon issue is known and a PR has been submitted to fix, it didn't make it into the last release but should be fixed in the next.

50 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

So... Just for a test, I created a clean KSP install, ran it once, then copied the current release of USI Constellation into it. I Opened KSP, started a new sandbox game, then quit.

After this, the KSP log was quite full of warnings and errors on USI parts and things: missing textures, missing sounds, invalid floats, null reference exception, etc.

Is this normal? I do not get so many warnings and errors on any of the other mods except Firespitter.

Are you able to confirm if the same errors are present with the latest individual github releases?

51 minutes ago, Frankenfinger308 said:

i'm having trouble with the sifters not working, i have all the requirements met but they just aren't working. i even eliminated the idea of a conflicting mod.

Working for me, a picture is worth a thousand words :wink:

24 minutes ago, mavric1298 said:

I'm unable to reproduce. You'll need to start with a fresh copy and work your mods back up if you aren't able to resolve.

5 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Are you able to confirm if the same errors are present with the latest individual github releases?

I'm not sure what "individual" entails. Many of the repos have duplicate files. Since I don't see any repo that is the source for everything, I can only assume that RoverDude has some sort of script to pump out the files into each of the repos from wherever his source code is at.

I will build a list of the easy things this evening and post it here. Some of them are just referencing files that are in the wrong place too.

Just now, Electrocutor said:

I'm not sure what "individual" entails. Many of the repos have duplicate files. Since I don't see any repo that is the source for everything, I can only assume that RoverDude has some sort of script to pump out the files into each of the repos from wherever his source code is at.

I will build a list of the easy things this evening and post it here. Some of them are just referencing files that are in the wrong place too.

Yep i could see that being an issue to work out. I've found the best way to do it is to start with the newest release of either MKS or LS which right now is LS. Use the  000_USITools  CommunityResourcePack Firespitter ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll from there and then add in the extra files from MKS and any others you use. If this works with no errors then we can let RD know the Constellation release is the issue. :D 

Okay... quick summary...

1. Firespitter is chuck full of all sorts of errors, but I think the only thing MKS relies on is the .dll itself. Even though Constellation includes all the Firespitter parts and things, I don't think they are utilized. (so I ignored them)

2. Fixes. More accurately, textures that are either in the wrong place or need to be multiple places

Spoiler

Copy KarbonitePlus\Assets\engineFairing.dds to Karbonite\Assets\engineFairing.dds
Copy Karbonite\Assets\RATCan.dds to KarbonitePlus\Assets\RATCan.dds
Copy Karbonite\Assets\RATNozzle.dds to KarbonitePlus\Assets\RATNozzle.dds
Copy Karbonite\Assets\RATNozzle_GLOW.dds to KarbonitePlus\Assets\RATNozzle_GLOW.dds
Copy Karbonite\Assets\RATNozzle_NRM.dds to KarbonitePlus\Assets\RATNozzle_NRM.dds
Copy UmbraSpaceIndustries/WarpDrive/Assets/Shared_NRM.dds to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/Shared_NRM.dds
Copy UmbraSpaceIndustries/WarpDrive/Assets/Shared_GLOW.dds to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/Shared_GLOW.dds
Copy UmbraSpaceIndustries/ART/Jaw/Lens to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/Lens.dds
Copy UmbraSpaceIndustries/KarbonitePlus/Assets/Crinkle.dds to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/Crinkle.dds
Copy UmbraSpaceIndustries/KarbonitePlus/Assets/crinkleFoil_NRM.dds to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/crinkleFoil_NRM.dds

3. Missing Textures

Spoiler

UmbraSpaceIndustries/KarbonitePlus/Assets/Tank_N_NRM
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/DustParticle
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/Lens_glow
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/StationParts
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/StationParts_NORM_NRM

4. Value Errors

Spoiler

[LOG 12:32:20.471] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/ART/Jaw/Jaw/HA_Jaw'
[ERR 12:32:20.476] Invalid float value! Field ImpactRange, value  on object of type ModuleAsteroidDrill

[LOG 12:32:20.471] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/ART/Jaw/Jaw/HA_Jaw'
[ERR 12:32:20.476] Invalid float value! Field ImpactRange, value  on object of type ModuleAsteroidDrill

[LOG 12:32:23.362] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_125_01/KA_SRB_125_01'
[ERR 12:32:23.369] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 12:32:23.393] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_125_02/KA_SRB_125_02'
[ERR 12:32:23.399] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 12:32:23.421] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_625_01/KA_SRB_625_01'
[ERR 12:32:23.426] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 12:32:23.450] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_625_02/KA_SRB_625_02'
[ERR 12:32:23.456] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 12:32:23.611] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_Tank_Radial_02/KA_Tank_Radial_02'
[ERR 12:32:23.614] Error: FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy detected in part 'KA.Tank.Radial.02'.

[LOG 12:32:23.637] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_Tank_Radial_03/KA_Tank_Radial_03'
[ERR 12:32:23.641] Error: FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy detected in part 'KA.Tank.Radial.03'.

*Many parts are listed as having part cost lower than contained resources cost

5. Null Reference Exceptions

Spoiler

UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe/MKS_LightGlobe : ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)

6. Cfg data without module dependency check

Spoiler

*Shouldn't these use ModuleManager dependency checking?

Example:
@PART[FTT_Cargo_375_01]:NEEDS[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }
}

( WheelSounds )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/ExpPack/PackRat/MiniWheel/MiniWheel/PackRat_MiniWheel
UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karibou/Parts/KER_Wheel_01/KER_Wheel_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/Malemute/Parts/MiniWheel/Malemute_MiniWheel
UmbraSpaceIndustries/Malemute/Parts/RoverWheel/Malemute_RoverWheel

( ModuleConnectedLivingSpace )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_CargoBay_375_01/FTT_CargoBay_375_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Cargo_375_01/FTT_Cargo_375_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Cargo_375_02/FTT_Cargo_375_02
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Command_375_01/FTT_Command_375_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Control_375_01/FTT_Control_375_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Engine_375_01/FTT_Engine_375_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Pod_375_01/FTT_Pod_375_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Reactor_500_01/FTT_Reactor_500_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_SAS_500_02/FTT_SAS_500_02
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Service_375_01/FTT_Service_375_01
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_375_04/FTT_Structural_375_04
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_375_05/FTT_Structural_375_05
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_02/FTT_Structural_500_02
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_04/FTT_Structural_500_04
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_05/FTT_Structural_500_05
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_06/FTT_Structural_500_06
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_07/FTT_Structural_500_07
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_08/FTT_Structural_500_08
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_09/FTT_Structural_500_09
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Structural_500_10/FTT_Structural_500_10
UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karibou/Parts/KER_PassengerCab/KER_PassengerCab
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Fert_125/Fert_Tank_125
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Fert_250/Fert_Tank_250
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Fert_375/Fert_Tank_375
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Greenhouse_Inline/USILS_Greenhouse_Inline
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Tank_125/LS_Tank_125
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Tank_250/LS_Tank_250
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Tank_375/LS_Tank_375
UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/ViewingCupola/USILS_ViewingCupola
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Agriculture/Duna_Agriculture
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Kerbitat/Duna_Kerbitat
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Kolonist/Duna_Kolonist
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_LogCenter/Duna_LogCenter
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_MedBay/Duna_MedBay
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_PDU/Duna_PDU
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Pioneer/Duna_Pioneer
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_EL_OrbDock/MKS_EL_OrbitalDock
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_FlexOTube/MKS_FlexOTube
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_AgModule/Ranger_AgModule
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_Airlock/Ranger_Airlock
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_AnchorHub/Ranger_AnchorHub
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_AuxCon/Ranger_AuxCon
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_BallHub/Ranger_BallHub
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_CommPak/Ranger_CommPak
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_HabModule/Ranger_HabModule
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_ISM/Ranger_ISM
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_Workshop/Ranger_Workshop

( ModuleDistributedWarehouse )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_ISM/Ranger_ISM

( JSIAdvTransparentPod )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karibou/Parts/KER_RoverCab/KER_RoverCab
UmbraSpaceIndustries/SubPack/Otter/Parts/SubPod/MiniSub_Pod

( ExSurveyStation )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/FTT/Parts/FTT_Command_375_01/FTT_Command_375_01

( ExWorkshop )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Agriculture/Duna_Agriculture
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Kerbitat/Duna_Kerbitat
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Kolonist/Duna_Kolonist
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_LogCenter/Duna_LogCenter
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_MedBay/Duna_MedBay
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_PDU/Duna_PDU
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_Workshop/Ranger_Workshop

( ExTarget )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_EL_LaunchPad/MKS_EL_LaunchPad

( ExLaunchPad )
UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_EL_LaunchPad/MKS_EL_LaunchPad

1 hour ago, dboi88 said:

I'm unable to reproduce. You'll need to start with a fresh copy and work your mods back up if you aren't able to resolve.

Just finished a fresh copy install - just MKS and required parts, and still having the same issue.  Instant crash - nothing showed in the player.log

crash log at https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgrdbyzrygffdmq/crashlog_KSP.rtf?dl=0

While I'm thinking about it, I'd like to make a suggestion to consolidate USI a bit with less overlap if possible. This seems like a clean separation to me:

1. CommunityResources
  2. CommunityCategories
  3. UmbraSpaceIndustries\USICore
    1. Contains all files shared between multiple USI mods under \Assets
    2. All USI mods reference this path for these shared files
    3. Kontainers
    4. ReactorPack
    5. SafetyLight
    6. DERP2
    7. FX
  4. UmbraSpaceIndustries\Exploration
    1. Airbag
    2. Floats
    3. SoundingRockets
    4. Karbonite
    5. KarbonitePlus
    6. AES
    7. HERP
    8. SurvivalPack
    9. Otter
    10. Karibou
    11. Malemute
    12. Orion
    13. WarpDrive
  5. UmbraSpaceIndustries\Kolonization
    1. MKS
    2. PackRat
    3. ART
    4. FreightTransportationTechnologies
  6. UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport
    1. LifeSupport
  7. UmbraSpaceIndustries\Konstruction
    1. Konstruction
    2. Akita

Numbers 1 and 2 aren't part of USI - they're requirements for many USI mods (and RoverDude does much of the maintenance for them), but are separate things.

Your exploration breakdown is interesting, but several of those are commonly used alone, or generate strong opinions on whether you want to use them, as things like WarpDrive can feel a bit 'cheaty' to some people.  On the other hand, things like the Karibou have strong ties to MKS, as it has parts that match and fit together.  Similar with your kolonization breakdown: PackRat is really a separate thing that doesn't have much tying it to the rest, ART gets strong opinions on whether to use it, etc.

Honestly, I'd say take a step back and play a bit more before you start proposing sweeping changes.  RoverDude does occasionally move things around (Karibou recently became part of MKS, UKS became MKS, etc.), but it's not something done frivolously, as it's likely to cause issues with people's saves and other bugs.  (We're *still* dealing with at least one minor bug from the change from UKS to MKS...)  And remember that not everyone uses everything, and that moving/consolidating current packs risks angering users who don't use one part or the other of some pack.

Even if you're just thinking of moving files around in the folder structure, make the note that I just asked another modder to emulate the current USI type folder structure because it makes it easier to upgrade or install new mods, whereas your proposed structure (unless the mods are completely repackaged) makes it more difficult.

On the topic of consolidation, maybe Rover could recreate the general USI/dev thread? The original omnithread has been gathering dust for a looong time and was seldom used beforehand, effectively making it useless for lack of activity and the threat of getting flak for necroposting-thus meaning USI hasn't had a functioning central thread for over a year. For users of the Constellation, this means potentially having to go around well over a dozen threads with varying degrees of outdatedness to trawl for answers/tips and raise similar issues in multiple places for multi-mod problems when it could all be in one place in addition to each mod's corner of the forums with a bit of promotion to stop cobwebs forming on it like last time.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Numbers 1 and 2 aren't part of USI - they're requirements for many USI mods (and RoverDude does much of the maintenance for them), but are separate things.

Your exploration breakdown is interesting, but several of those are commonly used alone, or generate strong opinions on whether you want to use them, as things like WarpDrive can feel a bit 'cheaty' to some people.  On the other hand, things like the Karibou have strong ties to MKS, as it has parts that match and fit together.  Similar with your kolonization breakdown: PackRat is really a separate thing that doesn't have much tying it to the rest, ART gets strong opinions on whether to use it, etc.

Honestly, I'd say take a step back and play a bit more before you start proposing sweeping changes.  RoverDude does occasionally move things around (Karibou recently became part of MKS, UKS became MKS, etc.), but it's not something done frivolously, as it's likely to cause issues with people's saves and other bugs.  (We're *still* dealing with at least one minor bug from the change from UKS to MKS...)  And remember that not everyone uses everything, and that moving/consolidating current packs risks angering users who don't use one part or the other of some pack.

Even if you're just thinking of moving files around in the folder structure, make the note that I just asked another modder to emulate the current USI type folder structure because it makes it easier to upgrade or install new mods, whereas your proposed structure (unless the mods are completely repackaged) makes it more difficult.

My example there was merely one my own thoughts, the purpose of my suggestion is about consolidation. For example, everything in submarine and survival is also in exploration, why is there both a karbonite and karboniteplus if they go together, many files are duplicated between mods, making it unclear which has the most recent changes and what exactly is included for different ones. For example, even if you pull down constellation which includes tools, you still need download tools to get the latest version.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Karbonite and KarbonitePlus were merged at least a month ago

The download was merged, but the items all remain separate; hence my earlier post about needing to copy files back and forth between the two due to missing textures.

As far as I can tell for version priorities of what to download for updates, this is how it is currently:

Spoiler
  • AsteroidRecyclingTech
    • Tools (Slave)
    • ART (Master)
    • FX (Slave)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • ExplorationPack
    • Tools (Slave)
    • AES (Master)
    • HERP (Master)
    • PackRat (Master)
    • SafetyLight (Master)
    • Airbag (Slave)
    • DERP2 (Slave)
    • Floats (Slave)
    • Otter (Slave)
  • FreightTransportTech
    • Tools (Slave)
    • FTT (Master)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • Karbonite
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Karbonite (Master)
    • KarbonitePlus (Master)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • Konstruction
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Akita (Master)
    • Konstruction (Master)
  • Malemute
    • Tools (Slave)
    • FX (Slave)
    • Malemute (Master)
  • KolonizationSystems
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Akita (Slave)
    • Karibou (Master)
    • Konstruction (Slave)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • MKS (Master)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • Orion
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • Orion (Master)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • SoundingRockets
    • Tools (Slave)
    • SoundingRockets (Master)
  • SurvivalPack
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Airbag (Master)
    • DERP2 (Master)
    • Floats (Master)
  • SubmarinePack
    • Tools (Slave)
    • FX (Slave)
    • Otter (Master)
  • Core
    • Tools (Slave)
    • FX (Slave)
    • Kontainers (Master)
    • ReactorPack (Master)
  • LifeSupport
    • Tools (Slave)
    • LifeSupport (Master)
  • Alcubierre
    • WarpDrive (Master)
  • Constellation
    • Everything Slaved
  • Tools
    • Tools (Master)
    • FX (Master

Edited by Electrocutor

I am seeing behavior that I don't understand from components with electrical storage and resource containers when warehousing is enabled. When the container reaches 90% full with either electricity or some resource it instantly drops to 50% full. Is this normal? Are the materials 'going somewhere' that I don't know to look? This is occurring with a ship I have landed on Minmus. There is nothing else on the planet other than that one ship. It is happening with resource containers and the electrical charge on the batteries in the wheeled storage component.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Bluejay said:

I am seeing behavior that I don't understand from components with electrical storage and resource containers when warehousing is enabled. When the container reaches 90% full with either electricity or some resource it instantly drops to 50% full. Is this normal? Are the materials 'going somewhere' that I don't know to look? This is occurring with a ship I have landed on Minmus. There is nothing else on the planet other than that one ship. It is happening with resource containers and the electrical charge on the batteries in the wheeled storage component.

Thanks.

Ohh that should have been fixed, their mustn't have been a github issue, i'll get one up, you need to turn off warehousing on that part. It shouldn't be happening. That part is the only warehouse enabled part with electricity.

@Bluejay be sure to check out the KSPedia entry.

57 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

My example there was merely one my own thoughts, the purpose of my suggestion is about consolidation. For example, everything in submarine and survival is also in exploration, why is there both a karbonite and karboniteplus if they go together, many files are duplicated between mods, making it unclear which has the most recent changes and what exactly is included for different ones. For example, even if you pull down constellation which includes tools, you still need download tools to get the latest version.

Very rarely.  @RoverDude almost always updates everything at the same time so that these issues don't occur.  Recently that was not the case but that is a exception not a rule.

53 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

The download was merged, but the items all remain separate; hence my earlier post about needing to copy files back and forth between the two due to missing textures.

As far as I can tell for version priorities of what to download for updates, this is how it is currently:

Reveal hidden contents
  • AsteroidRecyclingTech
    • Tools (Slave)
    • ART (Master)
    • FX (Slave)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • ExplorationPack
    • Tools (Slave)
    • AES (Master)
    • HERP (Master)
    • PackRat (Master)
    • SafetyLight (Master)
    • Airbag (Slave)
    • DERP2 (Slave)
    • Floats (Slave)
    • Otter (Slave)
  • FreightTransportTech
    • Tools (Slave)
    • FTT (Master)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • Karbonite
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Karbonite (Master)
    • KarbonitePlus (Master)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • Konstruction
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Akita (Master)
    • Konstruction (Master)
  • Malemute
    • Tools (Slave)
    • FX (Slave)
    • Malemute (Master)
  • KolonizationSystems
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Akita (Slave)
    • Karibou (Master)
    • Konstruction (Slave)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • MKS (Master)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • Orion
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Kontainers (Slave)
    • Orion (Master)
    • ReactorPack (Slave)
  • SoundingRockets
    • Tools (Slave)
    • SoundingRockets (Master)
  • SurvivalPack
    • Tools (Slave)
    • Airbag (Master)
    • DERP2 (Master)
    • Floats (Master)
  • SubmarinePack
    • Tools (Slave)
    • FX (Slave)
    • Otter (Master)
  • Core
    • Tools (Master)
    • FX (Master)
    • Kontainers (Master)
    • ReactorPack (Master)
  • LifeSupport
    • Tools (Slave)
    • LifeSupport (Master)
  • Alcubierre
    • WarpDrive (Master)
  • Constellation
    • Everything Slaved

I've been using USI mods for >2 years and have never had to "copy files back and forth".

2 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

I've been using USI mods for >2 years and have never had to "copy files back and forth".

Take a look at my previous post. The first section shows the list of things that need to be copied over to fix them.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154587-12x-temporary-mks-karbonite-support-thread/&do=findComment&comment=2926298

I suspect there's a difference of opinion on "have to" or "need to" and can safely ignore.

Like goldenpsp, many of us have used the USI mods without issues by simply downloading the latest constellation zip, and installing AVC.  Then when prompted by AVC, or when we see a new update posted we simply overlay the updated mod over our existing install and then it generally "just works."

It's great that you've documented a bunch of the errors going to the log file, and the appropriate place to report them so that RD will see them would be in the various git repository bug trackers.

As for the module dependency bits, it's generally safe to use MM without them -- but if you know how to correctly add them, you can do a pull request against the develop branch of the appropriate repository and RD will likely include them in a future release.