[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, notthebobo said:
  1. That's an issue logged, not a pull request, and if you want to log issues about the site, you should put them on https://github.com/BobPalmer/UmbraSpaceIndustries (that's were the site is hosted).
  2. I submitted a PR abou 10 min ago. Once RD sees it, it will only take 1 click and then the site will be updated.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:
  1. That's an issue logged, not a pull request, and if you want to log issues about the site, you should put them on https://github.com/BobPalmer/UmbraSpaceIndustries (that's were the site is hosted).
  2. I submitted a PR abou 10 min ago. Once RD sees it, it will only take 1 click and then the site will be updated.

Ah, I didn't realize the main site was a GitHub site as well.  Issue withdrawn on MKS hub. Thanks, @TheRagingIrishman

Looking for info that existed in the old thread...

near future nuclear makes changes to RDs reactors, kontainers, et al.

Somebody a ways back put together a patch that reversed that.

Does anybody remember who it was, and what the differences are?

How would I go about adding a resource to kontainers? Specifically I'd like to be able to carry lithium from near future propulsion in the USI liquid tanks. I've been poking around in the mod files but I'm just some guy and it's escaping my abilities. Cheers!

11 minutes ago, Baladain said:

Looking for info that existed in the old thread...

near future nuclear makes changes to RDs reactors, kontainers, et al.

Somebody a ways back put together a patch that reversed that.

Does anybody remember who it was, and what the differences are?

I messed with the values specified in GameData\NearFutureElectrical\Patches\NFElectricalUSI.cfg to tweak the various reactor mass and output. That file definitely governs the in-game values. Maybe deleting it altogether would revert to the USI specifications?

4 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

However: if warehousing is enabled, the Supplies can't *ever* be full, because they get pushed out to the infinite planetary storage! But as long as Supply production is at full speed, all of my precious Fertilizer is munched up and I can't save it up. There is no way to "throttle" the speed of the agriculture/cultivation, is there?

tl; dr: Is it possible to turn off Planetary logistics but enable scavenging?

I deal with this by managing the amount of machinery that's in the cultivation part, this way you can directly select the desired load. Although if it has two converters, you'll be throttling both of them (which is why I generally dedicate a separate ranger greenhouse to agroponics, because that's self-regulated by available mulch).

OK...Self sufficient base on Minmus 99% done. I think I have one thing left to deal with.

Have the ability to transfer Supplies, Machinery, Colony Supplies, Enriched Uranium and Depleted Fuel between the various bases and to landers to bring up to orbit. If I land some small tanks to fill up, I can use local logistics to transfer, except for Machinery, Enriched Uranium and Depleted Fuel. I guess an Akita would be the perfect size, and the nuke tanks are a good fit, but the 1.25 is a little big.  Are there smaller tanks for Machinery that fit the Akita better in other mods?

Thanks

Edited by Gilph
only one thing, not 2

You could try using TweakScale and IFS (might require some cfg editing to add MKS resources to the list) to set vanilla tanks (or possibly MKS parts with some cfg editing) up to carry MKS cargoes and downsize them to mount on the Akita. Not sure if it it'll work, but I don't see any parts packs set up to carry MKS cargoes.

I have a single Tundra Ag Support using all its bays to convert Hydrates to Water. It is running now at 1362% load.

I have an attached Ranger Workshop in efficiency mode with a 2-star engineer. If I activate the workshop its load is 358% and after a couple seconds the Ag Support module's load jumps to 34000% (34 thousand). My base's electricity suddenly drops at a rate of 7000/s.

Is that kind of load normal? I can't supply enough EC to handle the workshop's boost of a single Tundra module.... and the base has all of them. Halp :/

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

@voicey99 - MKS uses Firespitter, not IFS :wink:

What, does IFS not work with FS installed? If that is the case, would you still be able to patch USI kontainers to work with TweakScale?

1 minute ago, revolioclockbergjr said:

I have a single Tundra Ag Support using all its bays to convert Hydrates to Water. It is running now at 1362% load.

I have an attached Ranger Workshop in efficiency mode with a 2-star engineer. If I activate the workshop its load is 358% and after a couple seconds the Ag Support module's load jumps to 34000% (34 thousand). My base's electricity suddenly drops at a rate of 7000/s.

Is that kind of load normal? I can't supply enough EC to handle the workshop's boost of a single Tundra module.... and the base has all of them. Halp :/

What version are you using? That sort of stuff was fixed in 0.50.13.

43 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

What, does IFS not work with FS installed? If that is the case, would you still be able to patch USI kontainers to work with TweakScale?

What version are you using? That sort of stuff was fixed in 0.50.13.

Apples and tractors.  And I would not reccomend installing both.  Also... what the heck are you trying to scale?  I have kontainers up to 5m

Edited by RoverDude

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

updating won't affect ships that are already in existence (due to how KSP remembers stuff). Try launching a new AgSup and seeing if the values are reasonable.

Thanks, that's helpful. Think I can just edit something in the save file?

This is a huge base with every industral tundra module, and I don't want to rebuild the whole thing :C

I find the small Kontainers fit amazingly well on the Akita - three Akita beds, and the Kontainer laying on them.  Almost perfect.  Add a (small) docking port in the front and the back, and have a little four-wheel Akita with a seat in the front, and you've got a nice little set of runabouts.

(The WBI Buckboards fit even better than Kontainers, actually...)

There's an example in this screen shot:

screenshot_2016-10-26--14-16-07.png

On 1/12/2017 at 0:57 PM, Parmenio said:

How can I replenish machinery and enriched uranium in disconnected bases

Over time moving parts will begin to break down and even the PDU will start to run out of fuel. New machinery and enriched uranium can be shipped from Kerbin or can be made on site with the Fabrication module and the Nuclear Processor respectively. If the base is disconnected, the items can't be installed by the pilot manning the logistics rover. An engineer will have to EVA to the module in need of maintenance. Right click on the part and choose perform maintenance and machinery (or enriched uranium) will be pulled from storage in range and added to the part.

I have just tried this on a Duna PDU and it did not work. Had an engineer on EVA and clicked Perform Maintenance.  Had a rover right next to it, disconnected, with uranium in the little tank.  Any ideas?

On 6.1.2017 at 3:05 PM, RoverDude said:

Features

MKS adds a rich array of new features to support the challenge of building interplanetary colonies, including:

-snip-

• Tools for building out your base In-Situ with harvested resources, whether it's by expanding and kitting out modules, or through in-situ construction via the bundled Ground Construction mod by @allista

-snip-

19 hours ago, RoverDude said:

If I'm lucky  someone will gift me with a PR before I get to it on the list :wink:  Still working through all of the MKS updates and stuff for GC.

Good news is that I'd say we're hitting a relatively stable patch with MKS - I do not anticipate any major system changes going forward, only bug fixes and some small additions (not the wholesale reorgs we've had in the past).

10 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Next patch it will be bundled.  EL won't be touched, but the parts will be marked legacy (And eventually deprecated) and the EL config 

To be honest, wear is likely not going to come back.

Correct

Nope.

so EL might revert to their own resources instead of currently MaterialKits and SpecializedParts and GC already supports using MaterialKits and SpecializedParts?

if not, plz explain what's the plan upcoming to that.

ty :)

Do vessels that are actively harvesting resources (in this case, a Karbonite drilling rig), which includes a Logistics module, push into Planetary Logistics while not focused? I'm able to get a lot of resources pushed out into PL as a catch-up it seems, when I focus it after a while. However, I have a separate rig converting Karbonite into LFO, also hooked into PL. If I'm watching either one of them, it seems like they successfully push/pull, but I haven't seen the one I'm not watching push or pull - does it happen on a longer scale of time, or am I misunderstanding something?

4 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

so EL might revert to their own resources instead of currently MaterialKits and SpecializedParts and GC already supports using MaterialKits and SpecializedParts?

if not, plz explain what's the plan upcoming to that.

ty :)

In the short term?  Nothing.  Other than parts going Legacy.  In the long term, a config will not be bundled (but likely available as an optional download, and if you kept the old one around it will still work).  But there will no longer be EL parts in MKS, just GC parts (and GC will be included with the download).

3 minutes ago, Wiseman said:

Do vessels that are actively harvesting resources (in this case, a Karbonite drilling rig), which includes a Logistics module, push into Planetary Logistics while not focused? I'm able to get a lot of resources pushed out into PL as a catch-up it seems, when I focus it after a while. However, I have a separate rig converting Karbonite into LFO, also hooked into PL. If I'm watching either one of them, it seems like they successfully push/pull, but I haven't seen the one I'm not watching push or pull - does it happen on a longer scale of time, or am I misunderstanding something?

No.  You only push to PL when the vessel is focused.

6 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

In the short term?  Nothing.  Other than parts going Legacy.  In the long term, a config will not be bundled (but likely available as an optional download, and if you kept the old one around it will still work).  But there will no longer be EL parts in MKS, just GC parts (and GC will be included with the download).

AWESOME!
I'm going to start a new career game and wait for your update then (would be more trouble to rebuild things in my game hehe)