[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

54 minutes ago, JustZach said:

Is MKS compatible with realism overhaul?

Keep an eye on this mod. The main purpose is to integrate MKS into RO/RSS It also is a bit streamlined from all the RO/RP-0 dependencies so its easier to get everything working. I've used it in 1.2.2, not in 1.3 yet.

anyone else having weird CKAN dependency issues with this mod?  I try to install USI-LS or MKS and it says USI Tools not found, but.. USI tools IS found.. I try to install USI tools, then installing something else says that USI Tools conflicts with configurable containers.. but all of this is updated to 1.3 and CKAN knows it, and I'm not really sure what's going on here;  MKS/other USI modules are the only ones having problems, which is why I'm asking here instead of the CKAN forum...

44 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

anyone else having weird CKAN dependency issues with this mod?  I try to install USI-LS or MKS and it says USI Tools not found, but.. USI tools IS found.. I try to install USI tools, then installing something else says that USI Tools conflicts with configurable containers.. but all of this is updated to 1.3 and CKAN knows it, and I'm not really sure what's going on here;  MKS/other USI modules are the only ones having problems, which is why I'm asking here instead of the CKAN forum...

most likely to do with the Repo Migration that Roverdude is doing. the CKAN files haven't been updated to the new location of the dependencies yet.

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

Yes, it looks like there is a typo.  the CKAN mod is looking for "USITools" but the mod is "USI Tools"   (or I have it backwards)    It looks like the space is confusing it.    all of RoverDude's stuff has a dependancy on it, so CKAN wont install any of em.

Rover, fyi, maybe what I mention about the space will help resolve it?      Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, invultri said:

Hello All,

I am trying to learn what level of integration has been done with ground construction. My best guess for now ground construction is packaged as-is, is my guess correct ?

From what i can tell, MKS parts have custom workshop efficiency configs and DIYKits require MaterialKits to deploy.

24 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

From what i can tell, MKS parts have custom workshop efficiency configs and DIYKits require MaterialKits to deploy.

Thanks, I did check for the ground workshop modules on the parts and the materialkits seems to be a change on the side of ground construction :) Anyway, I do like the approach of ground construction and will now patiently wait for a way to construct the DIYKits themselves (without epl).

Just now, invultri said:

Thanks, I did check for the ground workshop modules on the parts and the materialkits seems to be a change on the side of ground construction :) Anyway, I do like the approach of ground construction and will now patiently wait for a way to construct the DIYKits themselves (without epl).

I'm not sure if there is a way to make the DIYKits themselves in the field w/o having to lug a huge box all the way from Kerbin. Still, I ship everything in from Kerbin so it doesn't matter-could somebody else who uses GC fill in?

9 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

I'm not sure if there is a way to make the DIYKits themselves in the field w/o having to lug a huge box all the way from Kerbin. Still, I ship everything in from Kerbin so it doesn't matter-could somebody else who uses GC fill in?

It's not possible yet.  RoverDude has said he's working on a way that meets his vision.

Hi all!

Great mod, I love working on slowly colonizing Minmus.

I run into 2 issues however:

1) I have a drill for gypsum and silicates where as it is drilling, it shows positive rate / second, but it says "zero efficiency". Why is that?

2) I have other drills where even though both the narrow band and the surface scanner say that the resource I want to harvest exists, the drill says "nothing to harvest"

Any help would be appreciated :) Otherwise I am stuck sifting through dirt.

1 hour ago, Stormbuilder said:

1) I have a drill for gypsum and silicates where as it is drilling, it shows positive rate / second, but it says "zero efficiency". Why is that?

2) I have other drills where even though both the narrow band and the surface scanner say that the resource I want to harvest exists, the drill says "nothing to harvest"

Any help would be appreciated :) Otherwise I am stuck sifting through dirt.

Could you show some screenshots elaborating on the problem?

(for the efficiency issue, try this mod. It could be out of date, though)

19 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Could you show some screenshots elaborating on the problem?

(for the efficiency issue, try this mod. It could be out of date, though)

Sure thing. On next reload of the base, the "zero efficiency" became "nothing to harvest"

Drill results and surface scanner showing that there should be resources there. 

And yes, my base is a complete chaos, but I am too ignorant of the mod to make it both functional and pretty within a career game :D

Edited by Stormbuilder

4 minutes ago, Stormbuilder said:

Sure thing. On next reload of the base, the "zero efficiency" became "nothing to harvest"

<schnip>

That would be a bug, then. If you're not using the 1.3 version, give me a save and I'll have a go at looking into it.

P.S. you can add additional images to existing pages on imgur with the button under the image so they appear as a slideshow in one box, or rightclick and select 'open in new tab' for the fullscreen pic URL.

3 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

That would be a bug, then. If you're not using the 1.3 version, give me a save and I'll have a go at looking into it.

P.S. you can add additional images to existing pages on imgur with the button under the image so they appear as a slideshow in one box, or rightclick and select 'open in new tab' for the fullscreen pic URL.

Thanks! This is still with KSP 1.2.2. Appreciate the offer!

Save file is attached. Loads of mods included, I am afraid.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4rx5tzOidqDb2JNenJEWjlUVE0

Just now, voicey99 said:

What part mods other than MKS are in that i.e. what is needed to load everything)?

Honestly, way too many. I don't expect you to throw that time away for a random stranger on the internet, but if you feel like it, these are the screenshots of the installed mods:

5 minutes ago, Stormbuilder said:

Honestly, way too many. I don't expect you to throw that time away for a random stranger on the internet, but if you feel like it, these are the screenshots of the installed mods:

<schnip>

Honestly, I don't have anything better to do. It looks like the base is mostly USI, but what are the fuel tanks on the scanner lander and the white cylinders (not flexotubes) with stuff mounted on them on the base?

Edited by voicey99

The non-USI elements of the base are:

2 objects from the OSE workshop mod (not sure if I installed that via CKAN or not). One that is a workshop, and the other one converts ore to materialkits and dirt to rare stuff

The white tanks are procedural items...not sure which mod they come from. It' one that allows procedural containers, SRBs, etc.

And there are some surface package experiments inside one of the KIS containers

CKAN issues in 1.3 seem to be solved as of now... thanks!

also I have a question.. if my base has a logistics consumer module, and, let's say I want to drop some Supplies to it since it's getting low.. is it sufficient to just drop a big Kontainer of Supplies within 150m or does it have to have a logistics module and a kerbal attached for it to participate in logistics in the way I'm thinking (or be attached to the main base via KAS)...?

58 minutes ago, Stormbuilder said:

The non-USI elements of the base are:

2 objects from the OSE workshop mod (not sure if I installed that via CKAN or not). One that is a workshop, and the other one converts ore to materialkits and dirt to rare stuff

The white tanks are procedural items...not sure which mod they come from. It' one that allows procedural containers, SRBs, etc.

And there are some surface package experiments inside one of the KIS containers

Found it, that'll be Procedural Parts. The experiments don't matter (they will be deleted if the mod isn't found)-I'll let you know what I find (today or tomorrow).

EDIT: Your save refuses to load, citing apparent KSP version incompatibility.

Edited by voicey99

44 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

CKAN issues in 1.3 seem to be solved as of now... thanks!

also I have a question.. if my base has a logistics consumer module, and, let's say I want to drop some Supplies to it since it's getting low.. is it sufficient to just drop a big Kontainer of Supplies within 150m or does it have to have a logistics module and a kerbal attached for it to participate in logistics in the way I'm thinking (or be attached to the main base via KAS)...?

If you are within 150m than you can use local logistics which requires no modules or kerbals (just make sure the local logistics option is enabled on the kontainer)

16 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Found it, that'll be Procedural Parts. The experiments don't matter (they will be deleted if the mod isn't found)-I'll let you know what I find (today or tomorrow).

EDIT: Your save refuses to load, citing apparent KSP version incompatibility.

Damn, that's a shame. It might be because steam updated to 1.3, and I later reverted it back to 1.2.2

Just now, Stormbuilder said:

Damn, that's a shame. It might be because steam updated to 1.3, and I later reverted it back to 1.2.2

Not sure whether updating to 1.3 to use that (considering I have my 1.2.2 dir backed up elsewhere) would work, since it would break loads of the other mods. Try stripping as many mods out of the save as you can to see if something is interfering-do vanilla ore drills work?

On a side note, how do you stop Steam forcing you to update to 1.3? I open KSP directly from the .exe, but this disables steam integration-do you have an alternative?

Just now, voicey99 said:

Not sure whether updating to 1.3 to use that (considering I have my 1.2.2 dir backed up elsewhere) would work, since it would break loads of the other mods. Try stripping as many mods out of the save as you can to see if something is interfering-do vanilla ore drills work?

On a side note, how do you stop Steam forcing you to update to 1.3? I open KSP directly from the .exe, but this disables steam integration-do you have an alternative?

Wait, so you are using 1.3 or 1.2.2? This save should be 1.2.2

---

If you right click on KSP in your library, do  Properties, then Betas, you can select 1.2.2 

Once you've done it, any further update of KSP won't automatically execute.

I assume that once you've done it, you also need to stop updating mods installed via CKAN, otherwise they will get updated to a version incompatible with old KSP.

Just now, Stormbuilder said:

Wait, so you are using 1.3 or 1.2.2? This save should be 1.2.2

---

If you right click on KSP in your library, do  Properties, then Betas, you can select 1.2.2 

Once you've done it, any further update of KSP won't automatically execute.

I assume that once you've done it, you also need to stop updating mods installed via CKAN, otherwise they will get updated to a version incompatible with old KSP.

Yes, I am using 1.2.2. Until now I had no idea what the betas dropdown did since it had always been broken and unclickable. The latest update seems to have fixed that.

Saves should work on any KSP version on par with or above the version they were created in. It's likely your jaunt into 1.3 changed something in the save so it is now marked as 1.3. I'm not willing to risk my own save so could someone who has started on 1.3 downdate and test it out?