[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Hey all,

I don't understand the kolonist hiring costs setting. Regardless of whether "Alternate Kolonist Costs" is checked or not, whatever value I specify for "Kolonist Cost", in the Astronaut Complex, the hiring of a Kolonist or any of the other specialties is the same as hiring a Pilot or Engineer or Scientist. Am I misunderstanding something?

"Alternate Core Kerbonaut Costs" and "Core Kerbonaut Cost" settings appear to be working as advertised.

Any help is appreciated :)

Sorry if this is double posting, but it is completely unrelated to my previous post, which contains a question.

I have noticed that the Malemute and the Karibou Rovers provide Wheel Sounds patches, but the Akita Rover and the PAL Construction Vehicle don't. So I wrote up my own and wanted to share. Note that I chose the pitch values without too much thought, so feel free to tweak as you desire.

@PART[Akita_Wheel]:NEEDS[WheelSounds]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = WheelSounds
        wheelSoundVolume = 1
		wheelSoundPitch = 0.75
		wheelSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/RoveMaxS1
		skidSoundVolume = 0.3
		skidSoundPitch = 1
		skidSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/gravelSkid
		damageSoundVolume = 1
		damageSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/wheelDamage
		soundInVacuum = false
    }
}

@PART[PAL_Wheel*]:NEEDS[WheelSounds]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = WheelSounds
        wheelSoundVolume = 1.5
		wheelSoundPitch = 0.75
		wheelSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/RoveMaxXL3
		skidSoundVolume = 0
		skidSoundPitch = 1
		damageSoundVolume = 1
		soundInVacuum = false
    }
}

@PART[PAL_MiniWheel]:NEEDS[WheelSounds]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = WheelSounds
        wheelSoundVolume = 1
		wheelSoundPitch = 0.75
		wheelSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/KerbalMotionTR-2L
		skidSoundVolume = 0
		skidSoundPitch = 1
		damageSoundVolume = 1
		soundInVacuum = false
    }
}

Also, here is one for the MKS lander wheels:

@PART[MKS_LandingWheel]:NEEDS[WheelSounds]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = WheelSounds
        wheelSoundVolume = 1
		wheelSoundPitch = 0.25
		wheelSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/RoveMaxS2
		skidSoundVolume = 0
		skidSoundPitch = 1
		damageSoundVolume = 1
		soundInVacuum = false
    }
}

And finally, I have noticed that the PAL_MiniWheel has the same title as the other PAL_Wheel's. It probably needs to be renamed. 

Just stopping by to let others, and maybe @RoverDude if this wasn't purposeful, know that the Github file is updated to ver .52 while the Spacedock file is still on ver .50.

After not seeing it on CKAN next to all the other USI mods, I checked Spacedock and saw that the version wasn't known to work with 1.3, so I've been playing without it on a new career game, waiting. Just checked the Github and apparently I have just been missing out :(.

So no one makes my mistake or downloads an older version while the newest is accessible.

Happy flying.

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson

UPDATE2 - FYI the answer - in case it helps anyone.

For some reason, after the steam client updated, KSP stopped launching the dialog to select 32 bit or 64 bit versions.  it just loaded the 32bit, and with the mods i have, it ran out of memory.   I am now forcing steam to launch the 64bit version, and all is well again.

UPDATE - nevermind.   disabled USI, played a test career, and still reproduced my crashing problems.   so its not related to USI.

maybe it was the steam overlay update.   i'll figure something out.   Good luck everyone!

old text:

CKAN updated 2 mods today for me - Kopernicus + USI tools.   also, steam updated the steam client.

since then, i crash every 10-15 minutes in game, almost always when the game is transitioning from a map screen, to space center, or from VAB to launch platform, etc.    I don't know how to upload a log file, the only error file i got looked more like windows crash data than mod-specific info.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with the mods, yet.   I've disabled Kopernicus and still crashed.   I need to try disabling USI, but I can't use my existing game to test that since I use USI parts in my ships.  will test and update this msg

Edited by CFTeague2

1 hour ago, Svetoch said:

I can not find this mod in CKAN, even in incompatible ones

I believe this was identified earlier as a CKAN bug.

But even if that were fixed, unless the stand-alone GC core has been updated, you could not install from CKAN anyway, as the only currently released version of GC that I am aware of comes bundles with MKS, and CKAN would not recognize it as being available.

22 minutes ago, Terwin said:

I believe this was identified earlier as a CKAN bug.

But even if that were fixed, unless the stand-alone GC core has been updated, you could not install from CKAN anyway, as the only currently released version of GC that I am aware of comes bundles with MKS, and CKAN would not recognize it as being available.

This has been brought up so many times in the past few days, come people just can't be bothered to flick back even one page.

P.S. one of the images in your sig is broken.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

And once again this illustrates why it is important to understand how to install a mod manually.

if I wasn't so lazy I'd write my own script to detect new versions, download them and install them

thankfully big updates are not too often, so I just start fresh games when big releases come out with fresh gamedata folders

Edited by FrontLineFodder
hit enter too soon

OK, just reinstalled this mod after a long absence (seriously been missing it for a while, haven't even understood why).

But, where on the Community Tech Tree do the parts show up (in particular, the Tundra parts)? I'm fairly deep into the game, and I can't see any yet.

4 minutes ago, SmarterThanMe said:

OK, just reinstalled this mod after a long absence (seriously been missing it for a while, haven't even understood why).

But, where on the Community Tech Tree do the parts show up (in particular, the Tundra parts)? I'm fairly deep into the game, and I can't see any yet.

It should say under /MKS/Patches/MKS_CTT.cfg.

What does this command do in the details configurations?
MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWeightDistributableCargo
    }

How can I make module to "push" resources from the planetary storage without the need for a crew? 

41 minutes ago, Oyster said:

What does this command do in the details configurations?
MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWeightDistributableCargo
    }

How can I make module to "push" resources from the planetary storage without the need for a crew? 

I believe that adds a button to make attached parts physicsless (so their weight and drag are applied to the parent) or something similar-correct me if wrong.

As of 0.50.9, ALL logistics-enabled modules can push to PL without a crew (this includes the manned LogMod and unmanned MPUs) and pull with a pilot or quartermaster on board. To enable PL participation, add this:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePlanetaryLogistics
    }

Add PushOnly = true under 'name' to disable pulling even when the relevant crew are on board.

45 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

I believe that adds a button to make attached parts physicsless (so their weight and drag are applied to the parent) or something similar-correct me if wrong.

As of 0.50.9, ALL logistics-enabled modules can push to PL without a crew (this includes the manned LogMod and unmanned MPUs) and pull with a pilot or quartermaster on board. To enable PL participation, add this:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePlanetaryLogistics
    }

Add PushOnly = true under 'name' to disable pulling even when the relevant crew are on board.

Apparently,the translator has not translated it. How , without a crew, to get resources from the repository?

38 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Apparently,the translator has not translated it. How, without a crew, to get resources from the repository?

Sorry, I misunderstood. You have to have a pilot/QM (and a module without the 'PullOnly = true' tag i.e. a logistics module) to pull from PL, you cannot do it unmanned.

And, for the record, I don't need a translator.

Edited by voicey99

On 5/31/2017 at 4:03 AM, voicey99 said:

Let that be a lesson-always turn off auto-updates (or select an older version to use before starting). CKAN is generally good but if the mod has a daisy-chain of dependencies then install it manually.

Sorry for the newb question, but how? As far as I've read, it isn't possible to disable Steam auto-updates.

Ok I need some help here.  I am trying to use MKS that is compatible with 1.3.  I also want to use the USI life support .   Yet all of this is crashing to the desk top.

So far I have

MKS_0.52.1.0

USI-LS_0.6.1.0

USITools_0.9.2.0

What do I really need?  What am I doing wrong?

13 minutes ago, Infleto said:

Ok I need some help here.  I am trying to use MKS that is compatible with 1.3.  I also want to use the USI life support .   Yet all of this is crashing to the desk top.

So far I have

MKS_0.52.1.0

USI-LS_0.6.1.0

USITools_0.9.2.0

What do I really need?  What am I doing wrong?

Are they your only mods? What version of MM are you running? Are you running KSP in 64-bit mode or 32? A log would also be useful.

I also assume you aren't using CKAN?

Edited by voicey99

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

Sorry, I misunderstood. You have to have a pilot/QM (and a module without the 'PullOnly = true' tag i.e. a logistics module) to pull from PL, you cannot do it unmanned.

And, for the record, I don't need a translator.

I'm not sure Oyster speaks fluent English - he may be using a translator to (help) post. :wink: 

1 hour ago, mejdrich said:

Sorry for the newb question, but how? As far as I've read, it isn't possible to disable Steam auto-updates.

Ypur problem is steam aleays auotupdates. Work around is to make a standalone copy for KSP especially if you will mod the game.

Steam->right click on game -> Local Data-> Copy/Paste KSP on other Location.

If you use CKAN disable auto update there additional. Not prefered to use it with USI!

Better way make a manual install for USI and AVAC to be uptodate with ypur install.

Hope this helps.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

3 minutes ago, Linker said:

P.S. You said you had ideas for kerbal reproduction

Colonization Module + 2 Kerbals (m+w) + time => new one. Do you mean this?