[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

18 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

You were right. In the first pic I have loaded 51200 material kits in a container and docked. After inflating ring #2 I had 44800 left. On the other hand, this mechanics is not stated in the wiki. There should be some info of this when right-clicking a semi-constructed part I belive.

I know when the part is partially inflated it has the percentage inflated it is at the top of the right click menu.

1 minute ago, Nergal8617 said:

I know when the part is partially inflated it has the percentage inflated it is at the top of the right click menu.

Oh. This is what two 64 hrs work week can do to one's brain. Sorry to all offended by previous post:rep:

On 4/6/2017 at 1:20 AM, TheRagingIrishman said:

What B9 module? I can promise you that none of the USI ckan entries make any reference to anything related to B9. Can you post a screenshot of it saying it need the B9 module?

d5ZJnqJ.jpg

8 hours ago, MarlboroMan said:

Sorry blunt criticism offends you but the wheels UI is very poor.

Turns out writing a good UI is difficult and time consuming. RoverDude's time is better put to use in different parts of MKS.

But if you don't like the UI, why don't *you* contribute a new one?

I wasn't sure where the best place for this request was, but since MKS is resource harvesting intensive and already has the appropriate drill parts, I'd like to suggest adding the H20Splitter Resource Converter module from the Convert-O-Tron 250 to the Convert-O-Tron 125.  I know the COT 125 already splits Ore into LH2 and Oxidizer, but it seems incongruous that the most basic compound in the solar system can't be turned into the most easily separated propellants for cryogenic and NTR engines.  Having the small ISRU crack Water would facilitate sample return probe missions at locales where Ore is below the Drill-O-Matic Jr's harvesting threshold.  If anyone is aware of a part pack that includes a small Water-to-LH2/Ox converter (and works in 1.3), please let me know.

@KSPrynk Here's an untested patch that should add the water -> LH2 + Ox convertor to the COT-125. I've made it less efficient/slower than COT-250 (I think):

Spoiler

@PART[MiniISRU]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter_USI
		ConverterName = H2OSplitter
		StartActionName = Start ISRU [Water -> LH2+Ox]
		StopActionName = Stop ISRU [Water -> LH2+Ox]

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Water
			Ratio = 30.0
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 18
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = LqdHydrogen
			Ratio = 13.232
			DumpExcess = False
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Oxidizer
			Ratio = 1.3125
			DumpExcess = True
		}
	}	
}

Edited by Aelfhe1m

53 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@KSPrynk Here's an untested patch that should add the water -> LH2 + Ox convertor to the COT-125. I've made it less efficient/slower than COT-250 (I think):

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[MiniISRU]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter_USI
		ConverterName = H2OSplitter
		StartActionName = Start ISRU [Water -> LH2+Ox]
		StopActionName = Stop ISRU [Water -> LH2+Ox]

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Water
			Ratio = 30.0
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 18
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = LqdHydrogen
			Ratio = 13.232
			DumpExcess = False
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Oxidizer
			Ratio = 1.3125
			DumpExcess = True
		}
	}	
}

Wow, that was fast!  Unfortunately, I think I lack the skills for applying patches.  Can you PM me instructions on exactly where and how to apply?  I was hoping it was just editing a .cfg file for an existing part, but can't find it.  Also to get this as an official part of the mod, should this maybe be a Issue or Pull Request  for RD?

UPDATE: Nevermind instructions, I figured it out and will test later.  Still think it should be part of MKS though.  Thanks for the help!

Edited by KSPrynk
Figured out how to add a patch!

Hi there. Does anyone know what the "bulk hire selector" on the hiring screen in the astronaut complex does? I´m a bit puzzled :huh:

Edit: Never mind, I just tested it and found out what it does. Now I have ten quartermasters. :confused:

Edited by dr_evil

2 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

UPDATE: Nevermind instructions, I figured it out and will test later.  Still think it should be part of MKS though.  Thanks for the help!

Adding the change to MKS may be a hard sell as neither LH2 nor O2 are used or useful in MKS.

The sky-hooks use LFO and I do not immediately recall any other parts that use fuel at all.

42 minutes ago, Terwin said:

Adding the change to MKS may be a hard sell as neither LH2 nor O2 are used or useful in MKS.

The sky-hooks use LFO and I do not immediately recall any other parts that use fuel at all.

The patch for the COT-250 is already part of MKS. I just modded the values slightly for the COT-125 - they would need to be checked for balance though.

On 6/9/2017 at 9:42 AM, voicey99 said:

RD probably just made a typo when writing/copypasting the AC code, put that lot into an issue ticket on github.

Also, you shouldn't be overwriting with any mod. EVER. Always delete the old mod folders. I don't know think the order makes any difference, they're probably all sorted alphabetically in your folder anyway.

Hmm this conversation kind of got buried in the thread. 

Can anyone point me to the correct intended hiring costs for different classes with default MKS settings? Are the hiring costs supposed to be fixed or scaling? I understand that astronauts (pilots, engineers and scientists) are supposed to be more expensive than kolonists, but what about all the other classes like quartermasters and botanits? Does anyone have a workaround for the current situation? If not, I think I can just use the cheat menu to compensate. Thanks a lot in advance!

32 minutes ago, canisin said:

Hmm this conversation kind of got buried in the thread. 

Can anyone point me to the correct intended hiring costs for different classes with default MKS settings? Are the hiring costs supposed to be fixed or scaling? I understand that astronauts (pilots, engineers and scientists) are supposed to be more expensive than kolonists, but what about all the other classes like quartermasters and botanits? Does anyone have a workaround for the current situation? If not, I think I can just use the cheat menu to compensate. Thanks a lot in advance!

Oh, oops. I was drinking when I read voicey99's reply, and I took what he wrote to mean he had put that report into a github ticket. Seeing it again now, it looks more like they were instructions to me to do that. My bad. I'll do it now, though I have very little clue about using github, so this will be a learning experience. :o

EDIT: Well I did something, so hopefully that's what's required...

Edited by strudo76
More information

On 3/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, CausticTeapot said:

So I saw that you've said you won't have an option to change the hiring system back to stock (which makes sense, finding scientists and engineers was a pain), but is there any chance  the mandatory maxed experience for sandbox and science modes will get fixed?  I quickly read through that mod's thread and it was brought up but seems like it never made it too far past that.  It's kinda messed with my running save now, every hire I had before the change has 0 exp, and everything new will be maxed out, which is just odd.  If not, I'll just roll back until I decide I like career mode again.

I haven't seen this question addressed.  When you start a sandbox game, the game gives you the option to include the whole Kerbal Experience part of the game (so you still have to level-up Kerbals in sandbox mode for more skills).  However, the kerbal kreator that is bundled with MKS only creates 5-star kerbals. (Interface says 5-star Kerbals are mandatory for Sandbox and Science modes) So I end up with 4 "Veteran" kerbals who have to earn experience, and every other kerbal I hire is a noob expert.  Is there a workaround for this, or am I missing something?

Thanks for your time, RoverDude.  Your suite of mods make this game for me.

6 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Oh, oops. I was drinking when I read voicey99's reply, and I took what he wrote to mean he had put that report into a github ticket. Seeing it again now, it looks more like they were instructions to me to do that. My bad. I'll do it now, though I have very little clue about using github, so this will be a learning experience. :o

EDIT: Well I did something, so hopefully that's what's required...

Yes, I did mean for you to do it at the time, but you've done it now. I might suggest putting a little more description into the ticket, but don't be so worried about doing stuff on GH. Ask me if you don't know how to do something.

I read the AD discussions on page 173 about conserving momentum, and I've seen this on YT, but what isn't clear to me: to which reference is that momentum conserved? To the mun? To kerbing? To kerbol? To whatever black hole kerbol is orbiting? What is the (assumed) fake rule behind that? Or do I get sth wrong here? I assume energy = m*v^2/2 + m*g*h needs to remain constant...

7 minutes ago, Blackline said:

I read the AD discussions on page 173 about conserving momentum, and I've seen this on YT, but what isn't clear to me: to which reference is that momentum conserved? To the mun? To kerbing? To kerbol? To whatever black hole kerbol is orbiting? What is the (assumed) fake rule behind that? Or do I get sth wrong here? I assume energy = m*v^2/2 + m*g*h needs to remain constant...

You should probably ask in the AD thread, lest we open that particular can of worms again here.