[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

On 7/10/2017 at 6:44 AM, RoverDude said:

@Kobymaru - Here's a link to two WIP DLLs... drop these in, let me know if the problem vanishes.

USI Tools:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdcyx75xzq1fux9/USITools.dll?dl=0

Kolonization:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w64zls80iqcitgv/KolonyTools.dll?dl=0

Are these safe to use on my main game?  Or.. is that release coming anytime soon?  The null ref spam logs are actually slowing my game to a point that I'm finding it difficult to land near my base.  I have to go shut down my nearby drill anytime begin a landing.

20 hours ago, DStaal said:

Plopping a mock-up on Kerbin is a great idea, I think.  There are actually two mechanics that won't be replicated: Homesickness, and Kolonization.  (Well, Supplies will be only partly replicated: you won't have penalities.)  The latter will increase your production over time, but can be ignored starting out.

If you're just fiddling about in the sandbox, I'd Hyperedit your test rig somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Satanoid said:

Feeling kinda stupid :confused:. I read the wiki so many time and didn't notice that .

Thanks!

The Orbital Logistics feature from old versions will be making a turbocharged comeback in the future (so you will be able to to do base↔base, base↔station, station↔station and even planet↔planet transfers), but this is an under-construction feature and won't be making an appearance for a while. Hopefully it'll be done in time for the next big version update (1.4), but RD only has so much time and I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by voicey99

7 hours ago, Alshain said:

Are these safe to use on my main game?  Or.. is that release coming anytime soon?  The null ref spam logs are actually slowing my game to a point that I'm finding it difficult to land near my base.  I have to go shut down my nearby drill anytime begin a landing.

Yep those are safe to use in a main save.

5 minutes ago, techgamer17 said:

For some reason, I cannot send raw materials in any of the Kontainers (e.g. material kits). There used to be an option to change the supply hold to whatever resource I wanted to send, but now it only says "Disable Warehouse". 

You what? Do you mean switch the kontainers to hold another resource? To do that, you need to go up to it with an engineer on EVA.

3 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

You what? Do you mean switch the kontainers to hold another resource? To do that, you need to go up to it with an engineer on EVA.

No in the VAB, I used to be able to add resources such as machinery and material kits for a base construction, and then I was able to send them out and fill up the containers with the resource needed in the VAB. Now it just says Disable Warehouse and theres no option to fill it with anything.

Edited by techgamer17

1 minute ago, techgamer17 said:

No in the VAB, I used to be able to add resources such as machinery and material kits for a base construction, and then I was able to send them out and fill up the containers with the resource needed in the VAB. Now it just says Disable Warehouse and theres no option to fill it with anything.

Do you have the Community Resource Pack installed? That's what provides all the resource definitions.

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

Do you have the Community Resource Pack installed? That's what provides all the resource definitions.

Ill check, thanks.

1 minute ago, techgamer17 said:

Ill check, thanks.

2 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Ok, I do have it installed, so I dont know whats causing this.

5 minutes ago, techgamer17 said:

Ill check, thanks.

Ok, I do have it installed, so I dont know whats causing this.

What about Firespitter? The DLL (not parts) is supposed to come bundled with MKS as that's what lets you switch loadouts.

Going through the wiki and I'm updating the Processing page but I've noticed-are ALL the machinery values wrong in the tables? This is an especially egregious error in the case of the MPUs, since they are down as using over 3 orders of magnitude less machinery than they do. This makes me wonder if the values got accidentally changed at some point, if they were once much lower?

Edited by voicey99

Just as a note: I just put in a slightly dirty PR (for some reason the last few upstream commits are in it - even though I didn't make them) to change over MKS's EL support to using the PatchManager system that allows enabling/disabling patches via in-game GUI.  In doing so, I split it into four patches, that can be enabled/disabled separately:

•  MKS Classes can gain construction skill.
  •  MKS Parts can have workshops/survey stations
  •  The EL resource chain can be replaced with MKS’s resource chain
  •  EL parts can be hidden from the game.

The default (either with or without PatchManager) is the same as current, so there shouldn't be any major effects for players - unless they want to change which patches are applied.

19 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Going through the wiki and I'm updating the Processing page but I've noticed-are ALL the machinery values wrong in the tables? This is an especially egregious error in the case of the MPUs, since they are down as using over 3 orders of magnitude less machinery than they do. This makes me wonder if the values got accidentally changed at some point, if they were once much lower?

I think the original wiki values came from a combination of looking at the configs and looking at the in game descriptions. The game some times shows per sec, per minute, or other, so something could have been lost in translation.

Thanks for updating the wiki. I hope those tables are still of value to people.

3 hours ago, notthebobo said:

I think the original wiki values came from a combination of looking at the configs and looking at the in game descriptions. The game some times shows per sec, per minute, or other, so something could have been lost in translation.

Thanks for updating the wiki. I hope those tables are still of value to people.

Also, aren't the fuel converter modes on the MPUs supposed to have an equal mass I:O ratio? If so, then there might be an extra decimal place that snuck in since the I:O mass ratio is 10:1.

Hey what files do I need for just the karibou to work by itself? I have two installs, one with like every part mod there is with this full mod, its like my sandbox installation. But I have a lighter install with all the graphics mods and just a few mods and parts packs in it for better performance, and I'd really like the karibou in there too but without all the other MKS stuff.... if it's possible anyway.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, beta546 said:

Hey what files do I need for just the karibou to work by itself? I have two installs, one with like every part mod there is with this full mod, its like my sandbox installation. But I have a lighter install with all the graphics mods and just a few mods and parts packs in it for better performance, and I'd really like the karibou in there too but without all the other MKS stuff.... if it's possible anyway.

Thanks

The Karibou is its own self-contained folder within the USI directory, just delete everything else in there. Do NOT move it into GD by itself as that WILL break all the texturepaths (unless you feel like cutting out the /UmbraSpaceIndustries part in every cfg file), and you will probably get some errors thanks to the absence of the DLL coding for several modules in the cfgs, but it should work by itself. You would also need the Community Resource Pack if you want to actually be able to carry stuff with it.

If you're going with rovers then why not use the sister USI rover mod Malemute? It's less geared towards supporting other USI mods, so their not being there won't ground you with useless parts.

8 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

The Karibou is its own self-contained folder within the USI directory, just delete everything else in there. Do NOT move it into GD by itself as that WILL break all the texturepaths (unless you feel like cutting out the /UmbraSpaceIndustries part in every cfg file), and you will probably get some errors thanks to the absence of the DLL coding for several modules in the cfgs, but it should work by itself. You would also need the Community Resource Pack if you want to actually be able to carry stuff with it.

If you're going with rovers then why not use the sister USI rover mod Malemute? It's less geared towards supporting other USI mods, so their not being there won't ground you with useless parts.

Thank you I will give that a try. I've actuality already downloaded the Malemute to my one drive as well to try when I'm home tomorrow, as I've not tried that one before. So I will try that first and if I like it there's no need to mess about with MKS just to get the rover, I just love the look of it and have used the karibou before. But the malemute does look nice so I'm looking forward to trying that and as you say it may be the better option.

Just now, beta546 said:

Thank you I will give that a try. I've actuality already downloaded the Malemute to my one drive as well to try when I'm home tomorrow, as I've not tried that one before. So I will try that first and if I like it there's no need to mess about with MKS just to get the rover, I just love the look of it and have used the karibou before. But the malemute does look nice so I'm looking forward to trying that and as you say it may be the better option.

The Malemute is designed as a standalone mod, the Karibou is heavier-duty and designed as an ancillary mod to MKS etc (it used to be standalone before integration with MKS). On a side note, the Malemute's design constantly gives me déjà vu when looking at it, like I've seen it before but can't quite remember where.

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

On a side note, the Malemute's design constantly gives me déjà vu when looking at it, like I've seen it before but can't quite remember where.

14ec0f15c0a0d7c6070bb0b6e258ddb9.jpg

From the film "The Last Days on Mars" :)